Chapter o6

Hoofbeats

The next morning Minhye didn’t get out of her room until her parents left for work. She didn’t want to start up a fight by bringing up the matter to them. She has never felt so devastated and disappointed all her life.

To clear things off her mind she decided to hang out with Mocha since that’s the only relaxing thing she could think of for now. As she walked to the back of the house she noticed Mocha was in a stiffed and tensed position.

“Something’s not right…” as she thought to herself.

To her horror of what comes next, she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Ewe, oh my god! Mocha that’s disgusting, do I have to toilet train you too?” she whined.

She peeked at the dung and gagged. Daehyun who was on his way to Minhye’s house questioned the situation.

“What’s going on her? What’s with the priceless look on your face?” he asked with a small laughter. Minhye frowned before answering his question.

“As you can see Mocha just, released everything within him.” She answered.

Daehyun looked at the dung and pointed at Minhye and laughed, “What are you? An alien? Come on, it is normal for animals to passed out, don’t tell me you don’t?”

Minhye stick out her tongue at him, “I do but not in such a way.” She replied and looked away.

“What are you waiting for? That thing is not going to move by itself you know. Make yourself useful and go clean that thing up.” Daehyun said.

“Are you ordering me?” she asked, totally shocked of what Daehyun had just said.

He walked to the shed and grabbed a scoop, gloves and a bucket. “As a matter of fact, yes.” He said and shoved all the things to her.

Minhye had wide open, “Me? Clean that up?” she asked.

Daehyun didn’t utter a word and shoved her to Mocha, “I’ll watch you. Go now.” He instructed her.

“Unless you’re a chicken.” He smirked.

Daehyun knew Minhye really despise it when people try to provoke her. Plucking up all the courage she had, she did as told. The awful smell of dung bothered her nose so much. She pinched her nose and scoop all the dung and threw it into the bucket. Daehyun laughed as he watched her from a distance.

Minhye’s grandparents paid a visit, grandpapa just laughed at his granddaughter. Grandmamma on the other hand was watching her curiously.

“Well, my dear pumpkin here is learning well.” Her grandpapa said.

Minhye turned towards the voice and beam, she ran into her grandparents and pulled them into a hug.

“Well you are happy to see us.” Her grandmamma said as she ruffled her hair.

She had never felt happier, she was going to bring up the matter about her parents but she chose to just shut up since she thought that the relationship between her parents and her grandparents will worsened. She just laughed.

“Since my little pumpkin here is going to be a cowgirl I decided to get all this stuff for you.” Her grandpapa said as he hand over a bag full of gears.

“Thank you!” She exclaimed and hugged them tightly. Daehyun smiled, it had been a while since he last saw Minhye so happy.

Minhye turned towards Daehyun and showed him all the gears, Daehyun nod and gave a thumb up.

“I baked some cookies and cake. Be a good girl and share them.” Her grandmamma said and hand her the warm container, “Fresh from the oven.”

Deep down inside Minhye felt loved, she had never had this feeling when she was living with her parents in Seoul. The happiness that this place had brought her is just amazing. In an instant all her worries were just swiped away from her mind.

Her grandparents kissed and hugged her before heading off to town. Minhye walked towards Mocha and Daehyun.

“Grandmamma and grandpapa are just the best!” she exclaimed.

She entered her house to get plates for the cakes and cookies and whipped herself and Daehyun a glass of orange juice and plain water for Mocha.

She placed the carrots and plain water at the side, “You owe me an apology.” She said to Mocha. Mocha slowly approached her and her face.

“Apology accepted.” She smiled and allowed Mocha to eat.

At the side, Daehyun and Minhye was munching onto the cookies and cake.

“No doubt your grandmamma is the best baker and chef!” Daehyun exclaimed.

“Probably there’s where my talents are from.” Minhye said proudly. Daehyun silently rolled his eyes and shake his head.

“Now, let’s be partners. You need to train me to train my horse.” She said.

“I can do that but it comes with one condition.” He said.

Minhye arch a brow, “What condition?” she asked.

Daehyun had a mischievous smile on his face, “The condition is you must learn to control your temper. If you ever lose your temper you have to face the consequence.” He replied.

“May I know what kind of consequence do I have to go through?” she asked full of curiosity.

Daehyun looked away and shake his head, “Well that, you will know when you ever lose your temper.” He replied.

Minhye thought for a moment. She had no choice but to agree, who else will she turn to if it wasn’t Daehyun. After intense thinking she finally agreed to his condition.

“So let’s get you and Mocha a little more comfortable with each other.” Daehyun said.

After their small tea break, Minhye was all geared up. She wore everything that was given by her grandpapa, Daehyun was really surprised to see how Minhye managed to wear everything correctly and she even geared Mocha up.

“Let’s see your riding skills. Get on the horse.” Daehyun instructed.

Minhye did as told, first time she tried climbing onto Mocha, she landed on her . Several times she tried to get on Mocha’s back but it was continuous failures. Every time she tried to get on Mocha, she will get flipped by her. She was on the verge of losing her temper but as soon as she looked at Daehyun she swallowed her anger back down. No way was she going to go through the punishment.

For the final time she tried to climb onto her back, with all her might. She finally sat on Mocha’s back.

“Excellent work but you might want to face the other way.” Daehyun laughed.

Minhye felt embarrassed, she adjusted her direction facing the other way. Daehyun felt satisfied.

“Excellent. Now, ride the horse.” Daehyun gave the next instruction.

“Ride it? How am I going to do that?” she asked.

“Feel the connection first. If you have no connection with Mocha how do you expect her to listen to you?” was all he said.

Minhye gave a shot. She gently Mocha, Mocha seems to be in a more comfortable position. “It’s working!” she exclaimed.

Minhye slowly held the lead rope, “Now how do I get her to move?” she asked.

“Click your tongue or you can tell her to move.” Daehyun said. Minhye attempted to get Mocha to move. She clicked her tongue, Mocha advanced forward.

“Oh my god, she’s moving! I got her to move!” Minhye spazz.

Daehyun followed her at the side, “Okay now get her to stop…” even before he could finish his sentence, Minhye attempted to stop Mocha but instead of getting her to stop, she made Mocha gallop at full speed.

Minhye started to panic, she held onto Mocha as tightly as possible and screamed at the top of her lungs, “Help me!”

Daehyun on the other hand was shouting to her the instructions, “Stop the horse!” he shouted

“How do I do that?” still hanging onto the rope and Mocha tightly, “The jerk on the head collar may be enough to turn the horse and slow him down, so do it!” He shouted.

Minhye did as told, Mocha managed to stop miraculously. Mocha came to halt, with the sudden jerk, Minhye lost her balance and toppled to the front, landing on her back.

“Are you okay?” Daehyun asked and assist her in getting up.

Minhye dust of the dirt on her clothes and fix the helmet, “I’m fine.” She replied sternly.

“That’s what you get for not listening to instructions. You were lucky she did stop when you jerk the head collar. It’s not easy to stop the horse especially when it’s running at that kind of speed.” Daehyun scolded her.

She was about to argue back but she stopped.

“Whatever. I’m going to clean myself up. I’ll leave Mocha with you.” She said and walked off.

Daehyun watched as Minhye walked back home, “It’s working, in no time she’ll be a sweet angel with no bad temper.” He said to Mocha.

Mocha laughed.

----

A/N: I have started school for a week already and seems like I'm coping well, hopeful I'm able to do so the next two years. Anyways here is a chapter, to those silently reading my stories I appreaciate it but it would be better if you comment how you think of the story! ^^ Comment and Subscribe! Thank You!