Chapter o1

Hoofbeats

“Wait what do you mean there is no free gift!”

There was a huge commotion in the jewel store. Minhye was stocked to find out that there was no free gift, her friend who came to the exact same shop got a free gift. After hearing it, Minhye went to the same shop and bought the exact same jewel the next day.

“I’m really sorry miss, there is no free gift.” The worker repeated for the nth time.

Minhye felt unsatisfied with the answer given to her, “You guys are biased! How could this be, my friend came here yesterday and she got a free gift, I came here today and you’re telling me I don’t get one? This is outrageous! I’ll see you guys in court.”

Minhye storms out of the store, burning with anger.

“This is unfair.” She mutters under her breath.

She was too busy getting angry, she accidently crash into someone. Instead of apologizing, she blame him.

“Are you blind? Can’t you see I’m walking here? Do you want me to sue you?” she said feeling bothered.

He gave a bow but before he could speak up, she huff at him and walk away.

“Wow someone is in a black mood today…”

Minhye drove back home in her shiny black Lamborghini. Even after leaving the place, she can’t get off her mind about the free gift issue. Reaching in front of the big mansion, she got off the car and starting yelling at the servants.

“Can’t you guys see I’m back? Get out and help me with the shopping bags!”

The servants hurriedly rush over to help her. She grab her handbag and storm into the mansion and into her room. She flop herself on her bed and grunt.

She grab hold of the bell on the nightstand and rang it. A few seconds later, a butler enters her room.

“How may I assist you miss?”

“What time will mom and dad come home?” she ask.

“I believe they will be home late today since they have a quite important meeting to attend to. Why do you ask miss?”

She heave a long sigh.

“Just asking. So Mr Lee, what will today’s lunch be?”

He carve a small smile, “You’re favourite. Beef Lasagne with your Mocha Frappuccino.”

Minhye felt pleased, “Thank You.”

“You are mostly welcome. So how was your shopping today? You seem really furious, is there something bothering you?” he kindly ask.

“Well, there was something but I guess, I should stop fussing over it. Let’s just have lunch!” she exclaim and went down for lunch.

The next morning, the servants enter Minhye’s room to wake her up. Since Minhye was not a morning person, people were afraid to wake her up. One of them approach her slowly. Feeling really hesitant and afraid, she gather up all her courage to wake her up.

“Good morning miss.”

Minhye moved a little.

“She’s not waking up.” The servant said.

When they woke her up for the second time, a pillow was thrown across the room.

“Get out!” she roared.

Like sheep, all of the servants scurried through the door.

Minhye woke up, and blew off the hair that was covering her face. She scratched her head, and grabbed her  towel to shower.

Like any other day, after breakfast she goes out shopping. She went to her favourite shopping mall and grab hold of all the clothes that she could carry. Right when she was going to pay for the clothes.

“I’m sorry miss but looks like we can’t read your card.” The cashier said.

Stunned, she told the cashier to swipe the card again and again but the card still remains unreadable. Still unhappy, she went to every shop in the mall but all of them gave the same answer.

“How is this possible? This never happens before.” She went outside to where she parked her car but to her horror.

“What are you people doing to my car?” she ask in a state of confusion.

“Miss Park Minhye, I’m sorry to say but we are taking your car away.”

“Away? But why?” she ask.

“You haven’t pay for quite a long time so we are taking action.” He whistle at the tow truck driver. “I’m sorry but can we have the car keys?”

She hesitantly hand over the car keys and for the last time she sees her car being towed away. She have no choice but to cab home.

As soon as she reach home she saw her parents talking to a group of people in suits. Confused of the situation, she paid the cab uncle and walk towards her parents.

“Thank you.” Mr Park said and the guys in suit left.

“You guys are home early, what is going on here? I can’t shop and my car is being towed away. I demand an explanation!” Minhye voiced.

“We are broke. Our business is declared bankrupt. They are taking the house. So we are moving to Busan tonight. Pack your belongings.” Her dad explained.

“No way!” she exclaim.

“Believe it or not, you have to go upstairs and pack your things, now.” He fold his arms and point to her room.

Not able to utter a word she sigh and went up into her room to pack her stuff. As she was busy packing in her clothes and important stuffs to be brought along, butler Lee enters her room.

“Miss, are you okay?” he ask worriedly.

Tears trickle down her cheek, “Mr Lee, if we are bankrupt, you won’t be working with us anymore?”

“I believe so.” Mr Lee slowly approach her “Look dear, it’s really a pleasure working with you though you can be quite a pain sometimes. I hope you will have a better life when you move to Busan. If there is a next time, we will meet again.”

Minhye chuckle, “Mr Lee, thank you. I will never forget you.” And she hugs him tightly.

“You know even mom and dad never hug me or even do things that you do for me.”

Mr Lee wipes the tears off her eyes, “Get ready, you’re going off in a few hours.” she nods and continues packing.

Minhye bid goodbye to Mr Lee before they leave. She have a final look at her house and all the people that she is leaving, though she could be really mean and rude to them, they are still the only people who really cares for her.

During their journey in the train, the atmosphere was really awkward. Not a single word was spoken. Both her parents was busy looking down at their phone screens. Minhye cleared .

“So, will you guys be at home more often?” Minhye ask the question out of the blue.

“Of course not, we have to work harder than before. We need money to move back to Seoul.” Her mom said.

“Oh.” Is all she could say before looking out the window.

“I guess things will never change.” As she thought to herself.

-----

A/N: First ever chapter and I hope it was okay. It is my first fanfic so I'm quite stiff with words, pardon the errors though. Thank you for taking your time to read!