Chapter 15: Am I really your daughter?

You're My First But Also My Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sumi's childhood*

'Unni,can we go catch dragonflies?' the little Sumi asked her sister who was lying on the mattress on her stomach while reading a book. 'No,Sumi.We can't.Mom will scold us for going out alone.' her sister replied.'But,we are not alone!I have you!' Sumi whined.'No,Sumi.' her sister replied as she Sumi's hair with a smile.She returned to reading her book while Sumi pouted.'PLeeaaasee~' Sumi tried using aegyo with her big,sparkling eyes.Her sister shook her head with her eyes fixed on the book.Sumi started to cry,'It's not fair!Why can't mom allow us to goo see them!' Sumi cried while kicking the mattress.Her sister panicked and tried to console her,'Ok,Ok!We'll go catch the dragon flies.' Sumi immediately stopped crying and had a huge smile on her face,'Ok,lets go....NOW!' she pulled her older sister out and played outside.They were living in the country side so there were flower lands and trees.After a few hours,they returned while holding hands and smiles.As they entered their house,they saw their mother tapping her feet with folded arms.Sumi and her older sister looked at each other and gulped.They bowed as a greeting awkwardly. 'You kids,we need to talk.' their mother said.Sumi and her sister lowered their heads and answered,'Nae,umma and appa.'

'How many times have I told you to not go out!' Mrs.Han raised her voice.

'W-we're s-sorry.' they both replied while shaking in fear.

Their mother looked at her older child and beat her on the back,'And you!How many times have I told you to not turn Sumi like you?!I don't want aother child who disobeys the elders and who is ruthless!'

Those words pierced through the oldest daughter's heart.Tears formed from the border of her eyes and eventually rolled down her cheeks. 'No,Mum.She didn't do anything wrong!I was the one who wanted to go out so please don't hurt her!' Sumi said as she stepped in front of her older sister.Her mother got more angry and pushed Sumi away and spanked the older's back,'So now you threatened your sister to blame herself?!' her mother shouted.Sumi's sister began hiccuping as she began to get more and more scared and afraid. 'You little ungrateful child!Disappear from my sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter