Love Drives People Crazy

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How long has it been since Tiffany been to school? Two days? Maybe three? Guess. Just guess. And if you say an entire week, then ding ding ding, we have a winner. Yes, Tiffany managed to avoid going to school for a whole week. But she thinks missing school is worth it, if it means staying by her oppa’s side at the hospital bed. Everyday, Yunho would come in with aloe flowers - the flowers of healing - then he would scold Tiffany for skipping school. Eventually, the nurse enters mid-lecture stopping Yunho, and Yunho overall forgets about his lecture, allowing a pleased Tiffany to remain in her spot.

 

Once school hours are over, Jessica and Yonghwa would make a quick visit to the hospital, to hand in Tiffany’s assignments and check on Changmin.

 

“How many more school days are you going to miss, Tiff?” Yonghwa worries, leaning against the door. He knows his best friend is concerned about her brother, but they live in South Korea, and in South Korea attendance is highly important in the education system.

 

Tiffany yawns, not getting enough sleep due to her constant worrying, as evident through her dark eye bags forming their own eye bags. “Once Changmin oppa wakes up,” she mumbles, “I’ll go back to school.” She lays her head on the side of the hospital bed, aiming to at least nap for at least a minute.  

 

“You can’t keep missing school,” Yonghwa cautiously warns her, disrupting her nap, “because it’s the year we’re graduating. Do anything that can potentially ruin your chances of graduating and you’ll end up repeating senior year without me and Sica.”

 

“I know, I know, but what’s the point of going to school if I’m distracted.”

 

Jessica snorts at Tiffany’s excuse. “More than half of the teens in South Korea would be missing school if distraction was a legitimate excuse.”   

 

“Arasso, arasso,” Tiffany giggles. “Enough about me. How are you, guys?”

 

Jessica sighs causing Tiffany to lift her head up a tiny bit and inspect the sighing girl.

 

“Krystal got into an argument with umma,” she sits on the nearby table, “and she ran away from home.” That caught both of Tiffany’s and Yonghwa’s attention. From what they remembered, Krystal was having issues with her new school. They didn’t suspect the issues were so major that it would lead to Krystal leaving home.

 

Tiffany nervously asks Jessica, “Did the bullying get too intense for Krystal?”

 

Jessica waves off Tiffany’s assumption. “Nope,” she shakes her head. “She fell in love with this guy named Kai - he’s a dancer like that even matters but it does for Krystal because Kai is her wittle, precious ballerina,” Jessica says in mockery while rolling her eyes, “on the other hand, umma considered Kai to be a bad influence. So our Romeo and Juliet ran away to God knows where!” She grumbles, “Love really does drive people to do the extreme.”

 

Yonghwa anxiously laughs, “Yeah. Yeah. Love really does drive people crazy.” Jessica stares at Yonghwa. She noticed something different in his voice, something like he was hiding this humongous secret from her, which upsets her because she and Yonghwa are best friends and they tell each other everything. Of course, Tiffany didn’t notice it but Jessica did, and whatever it was, Jessica knew she’ll have to put on her detective cap and get to the bottom of it.

 

“How’s Donghae?” Tiffany refills her glass of water.

 

“We broke up,” Jessica responds plain and simple, grabbing an orange from the fruit basket next to her.

 

And Tiffany spits out the water she was drinking.

 

“What? Say what? Woah woah woah there, man. Did you,” she points at Jessica, “just say that you broke up with Donghae? Lee Donghae! Your fish!” The icy looking girl slowly nods her head, her eyebrow quirks at her best friend’s reaction. “B-b-but you guys were in love! Like I imagined you two getting married after college and having this big under the sea themed wedding and then having a little girl named Bada!”

 

“First of all, this is what happens when you miss an entire week of school,” Jessica points out, still looking icy. “Secondly, you had way too many high hopes for us. Lastly, I broke up with him because I saw him kissing Goo Hara and to think I called her my friend! Well, not anymore!” With amazing strength, Jessica pulverizes an orange in her small, delicate hands. “Ew. My hands are sticky now. Excuse me while I use the restroom.” Yonghwa maneuvers out of Jessica’s path.

 

“Can you believe that, Yonghwa? They actually broke up.” Tiffany feels a headache coming due to the constant changes occurring around her. First, Nichkhun, all of sudden, restarted talking to her. She still doesn’t understand why, considering they’ve been attending the same high school since the start. Her instincts are telling that Nichkhun’s buddies, Taecyeon and Wooyoung, are involved. Those two idiots are always stirring trouble wherever they go. Then, her brother Changmin is in the hospital and Yunho is seeking legal actions against their dad. Tiffany argued that legal actions are not needed but Yunho is a stubborn man and he won’t let the issue go. Now, her best friend Jessica broke up with Donghae. What other changes will there be?

 

“Actually,” Yonghwa says after a moment of silence, “I’m not surprised because I paid Goo Hara to kiss Donghae in front of Jessica.”

 

Tiffany mentally adds another to her list of changes: Yonghwa, one the two guys Tiffany placed full trust in, just revealed himself to be the reason behind their other best friend’s break up.

 

“Like Sica said, love can drive people to do the extreme.”

 

 

For a whole week, Nichkhun has not seen Tiffany nor has he received a single text from her. He’s getting nervous. He’s heard of several rumors surrounding Tiffany’s family. That her brother was part of a gang and almost got killed by the gang leader for not following instructions. That her father is a drug seller and the police caught him. Worst of all, Tiffany was a e and got caught for being underage. The last one particularly hurt Nichkhun for he knows Tiffany would not do anything that would remotely lower her dignity as a person. Sure, she flirted with guys here and there but she never came out saying she was no longer a nor has there been a guy who spoke of any ual encounter with Tiffany. Those rumors of Tiffany being pregnant were spread throughout the school by jealous girls who hated Tiffany.

 

He sees Jessica leaving her class, and he jogs to catch up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter