Umma

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany is bored out of her mind. Currently, she’s at the local Starbucks, sipping her mocha frappuccino by herself at a table in the back corner, away from all the lovey-dovey couples. She wants her Nichkhun. Badly. But he’s at soccer practice. She heard from Nichkhun himself that practice got stricter since Donghae fell into a foul mood. According to Nichkhun, every player must on the field on time. One minute late and you’re running ten miles around the school, fifty pushups, fifty sits up, and a hundred jumping jacks. Donghae’s toughness is obviously the direct result of Jongsica.

 

Speaking of Sica of the Jongsica pairing, Tiffany hasn’t talked to her in about two weeks, the longest they ever went. Same goes for Yonghwa. Both are keeping their distance due to the hurt feelings. Instead, they’re hanging out with their other friends. Jessica goes with Jonghyun and his friends, and recently, she patched things up with Hara after they had a talk. So, now, Jessica shops with Hara rather than Tiffany. Yonghwa spends his time with the band he joined as the lead singer and guitarist. They’re called CNBlue. And they are massively getting popular in town.

 

While those two have fun, Tiffany has no one to go to expect Nichkhun, yet stupid Donghae is keeping them apart. Tiffany sighs. She wishes she made more girl friends than boyfriends.

 

As Tiffany is about to leave her table, a voice stops her, “Tiff, fancy seeing you here.” It’s Taeyeon … TAEYEON! Tiffany’s only hope for companionship!

 

“Tae,” Tiffany does the puppy dog eyes, “hang out with me.” Tiffany sits back down in her seat with her puppy dog look still plastered on her face. “I’m so lonely.

 

Taeyeon laughs, a little uncomfortable with the display of cuteness. “Anything for you, Tiffany.”

 

“Yay!”

 

“About some shopping?”

 

“Double yay!”

 

 

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon enter Tiffany’s pink covered room and drop their shopping bags on Tiffany’s bed.

 

“That was the best shopping trip I’ve ever been on, Tiff. You have such great fashion sense. I swear, you could become a fashion designer.” Tiffany blushes at the compliment. “I’m so glad that you convinced me to buy this sparkling dress.” Taeyeon was never the girly type. She preferred the plain white shirts, jean shorts, and sandals or converse shoes. This dress would show a different side to Taeyeon. A more stylish and girly side to her. A side that Tiffany hopes boys will notice. Little did she know, Taeyeon didn’t want any of the boys’ attention but of the same gender’s.

Taeyeon skims through the collection of the framed pictures on Tiffany’s bedside table. There’s one of Tiffany and Changmin eating ice cream in a park. Changmin’s nose covered in strawberry ice cream while Tiffany frowned at the vanilla mess on top of her hair. Taeyeon smiles at that picture. Another image shows Tiffany with Jessica and Yonghwa at the amusement park. The three (former) friends have their arms around each other and their faces are painted of an animal: Tiffany koala, Jessica a kitty cat, and Yonghwa a panda (requested by Jessica). Taeyeon frowns and has the urge to slam the picture frame down. The last picture features a kid version of Tiffany and an elderly woman to whom Taeyeon guesses is Tiffany’s mom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter