Her Hero

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously….

 

While still on the phone, Jessica pivots in her rotating seat and almost drops her phone. “Oh shizz.”

 

“Jess?” Tiffany asks. “What’s wrong?”

 

In front of Jessica is the scene of Siwon ally dancing with another female.

 

“Jess? Jess! What’s wrong? Speak to me,” Tiffany screams over the phone.

 

“Fany, I have to hang up. Donghae is here,” Jessica lies.

 

“Donghae?! Lee Dong-”

 

After hanging up and throwing the cash for the drinks, Jessica glides her way through the crowd, moving past the drunk people, and reaching the cheating man. (Insert the dramatic music as the main character’s best friend is on the verge of meeting the villain.) The other girl, at first oblivious to her, is the first to notice Jessica approaching, and she growls. Literally, she growls as she sends warning signs to Jessica through their eyes. As if she scares her, Jessica muses. Tapping on Siwon’s shoulders, he turns around with a slight smirk on his face, saying, “Sorry, my lady, but - Oh. It’s just you.”

 

Jessica scoffs. Onlookers watch, thinking it is a fight between the girlfriend, the boyfriend, and the mistress, anticipating the first words - or the first fist.

 

“Choi Siwon,” shaking her head in amusement. Jessica knew something was up with this man. She heard the rumors from her celebrity acquaintances. Attempted to inform Tiffany but the girl was damn too stubborn to listen. Now here Jessica is, confronting Siwon, defending Tiffany's honor. “I knew you were a dirtbag, a slime ball, a -”

 

“Excuse me,” the mistress steps in, and the crowd goes, "Oooo," at the sight. The mistrress is offended at Jessica’s choice of adjectives and decides to defend her boyfriend, unaware of the truth. “This is my boyfriend you are talking to,” she states, crossing her arms. “My boyfriend of two years.”

 

Jessica blinks. Did the supposed mistress just say two years? Looking around, Jessica notices everyone’s eyes on them. “Did you hear what she just said?” she asks them. “Boyfriend of two years?” Jessica starts to laugh along with the hesitant crowd because, honestly, the situation is quite funny to her. The girl friend is defending the boyfriend despite the boyfriend’s cheating tendencies. Poor girl. “Don’t you know that he’s been cheating on you for the past month? Heck, if he was willing to cheat on you for one whole month, then he must have cheated on you before. Maybe plenty of times.”

 

The mistress glares at Siwon, demanding to know if what Jessica says is the truth. “Babe, it better not be true because we’ve been together for two years now.I have been talking to your mom about weddings!”

 

Siwon pats his girlfriend’s shoulder, pretending to look confused at Jessica’s words. “Sweetie, I do not know what this crazy girl is talking about. You are the only one for me.” Dipping her, Siwon passionately kisses her as if they were in a romantic film.

 

“Excuse me, but look here.” Pulling them apart, Jessica shoves a cellphone in the mistress’ face, uncovering a picture of Siwon and Tiffany that the latter sent to her during one of their dates. The mistress, shock at the image, abruptly pushes Siwon away, slaps him, and runs off, declaring that he’s been dumped.

 

The crowd of spectators applaud as the mistress makes her way out of the bar, and Siwon is left looking a complete fool and Jessica the hero of the day. Without any word, Jessica attempts to leave behind the “slime ball” to return to her seat, a drink waiting for her as a reward, but Siwon stops her by grabbing her hand. He pulls her out of the club and into the back alley way. He’s angry. Jessica can tell by the way his nostrils are flaring and lips in a tight lock.

 

“I hope you are prepared to lose your career because my dad-”

 

“O. M G. As if I am scared of daddy’s little boy who cowers behind daddy’s money. Go ahead. Go rat my to your daddy! Go ahead but let me tell you this!” She shoves her index finger into his face. “Your family may be more influential and powerful, but underneath all of that, you are nothing but complete trash.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter