Good Morning, Bae

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Nichkhun: Good morning, bae.

Tiffany: Bae, it’s 9 pm. Why the hell are you texting me “good morning”?

Nichkhun: Good morning can be our hello.

Tiffany: And good night is our goodbye?

Nichkhun: Exactly.

 

Have you ever tried to hide something from your friends? Desperately tried to hide it so that they do not think differently of you? Tiffany tried. She failed though with 2 out of her 3 friends finding out.

It was after freshman year when Tiffany’s family suddenly moved away from Yonghwa’s neighborhood without any prior notice. When Yonghwa and Jessica asked for the new address, she wouldn’t tell them and made an excuse every time. So they decided to follow Tiffany to her new home. They were shocked. Their expectations weren’t really high, definitely not low though. After they followed Tiffany for a few miles, they found themselves in one of the most dirtiest and poorest areas of the city where crime rates are extremely high. Tiffany didn’t exactly live in a house either. Instead, she lives in an apartment with her dad and her older brother. The rest of the truth unfolded when they confronted Tiffany.

It’s Monday morning. Tiffany wakes up in her pink bed to the sound of bacon sizzling and smell of orange juice. She gets herself ready for the new school day by wearing her crisp, clean uniform and putting her hair in a high ponytail. She’ll have to thank her oppa later for washing her uniform.

“Oppa, I hear bacon sizzling!” she energetically enters their small kitchen.

“Yah, Tiffany, what did I tell you about yelling in the morning,” Changmin scolds her as he hands her a plate of bacon and eggs. He softly adds, “Dad might wake up.”

“Mianhae.” She brings her plate to the living room and eats breakfast by herself. On the other hand, Changmin is in a hurry to get ready for work. Tiffany would like to call her brother a wasted genius. He graduated college with a scholarship at the age of twenty. Rather than becoming a college professor, Changmin settled for a high school teacher position.  Unfortunately, a teacher’s salary doesn’t pay enough for the bills nor Tiffany’s tuition. Even worse news, the school he worked at closed down so he has to find odd jobs to pay for everything. Which is another reason as to why Tiffany hates herself for not knowing what she wants careerwise.

“Oppa, what time are you coming home tonight?”

“My shift at the bar ends at one a.m. so you’re staying over at Yunho’s tonight.” Yunho is Changmin’s best friend from high school. He’s a lawyer. He also has a major crush on Changmin, however, Changmin rather not be in a relationship, choosing to focus on work and the family. Tiffany would like to remind him, “If you date Yunho oppa, our financial problems are over.”

“Aye oppa, you should have told me! I don’t have anything packed-”

Changmin drops her pink bag on the table in front of her. “I took the liberty to pack for you. I packed pajamas, extra pajamas, uniform for tomorrow, your extra set of toothbrush and toothpaste, a hair brush, and your chargers. I put some money in the small pocket. Not much but I know Yunho. He’s not going to let you spend anything.”

Tiffany gratefully accepts the full bag. “Why can’t we stay at Yunho’s house forever? It’s so nice, spacious, and luxurious,” she dreams of the number of parties she throw in that place.

“Appa won’t like living in Yunho’s house.”

“Woah, woah, woah,” she stands up and looks at her brother with bewilderment, “who said appa is going to live with us? He’s staying here.”

“Tiff, appa is sick. He needs us to take care of him.”

“Then why the hell am I going to Yunho oppa’s house tonight if appa is sick?”

“Because appa is the most dangerous during the night. I don’t want you to get hurt without me around.” Changmin twists the door knob open. “Come on, lets get going before appa wakes up.”

Tiffany arrives at her school with ten minutes to spare before the school bell rings. She goes to locker first where she locates Jessica and Donghae adorably yet sickenly whispering sweet things in each others’ ears.

“Hey lover birds!” Tiffany screams at the top of her lungs. “How ya’ll doing today?”

Donghae smiles at her, “Are you trying to do a Texan accent in Korean?”

Tiffany smiles back, “I’m surprised you know what a Texan accent is. Actually, it even surprises me that you know Texas considering you failed geography.”

Donghae simply laughs off at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter