Part Tres

I don't want to admit it, but... I Love You.



Kikwang followed Sungjong all the way to school. For 1 and a half hours it was complete silence, Sungjong, obviously didn't mind. Kikwang however, tried his best to hatch a conversation. But he decided to leave it, unless he wanted to get shouted at again.

Finally, they reach school with half an hour to spare. "Just meet me at the lunchroom."

"N-Neh." And with that both students went their separate ways until their meeting at lunch. Sungjong walked into class 1-A and saw his friends Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Myungsoo all huddled up in one corner of the room.

"Maknae!" Sungyeol shrieked and flung his arms around the younger boy. This is the only time when Sungjong's mean personality tones down a little bit. Ever since he's met these idiots his softer side was revealed only to them. So there's a reason why their titled his best friends.

Sungjong didn't hug him back. "Morning, hyungs." He greeted. He sat down and faced all three.

"Do you guys know a person called Kikwang?"

"Why? Another confession?" Sungjong shook his head.

"No... He came up to me this morning and then begged me to do a favour for him, I don't even know what."

"Well, are you?"

"Are you kidding? He seemed like a total loser. And I don't just help anybody, okay?" Sungjong snapped.

Dongwoo chuckled, "Of course. That's our maknae." He ruffled his hair but frowned, same for Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

"But if you ever want to make it to Howon, then you have to be nice to his older brother." Myungsoo nodded and slung an arm around Sungjong's neck. Dongwoo and Sungyeol smirked, as soon as Sungjong heard the word Howon he froze, it seems like his hyungs already know about his little crush.

"K-Kikwang is that monkey's older b-brother...?" Sungjong managed to stutter. Dongwoo nodded.

"So you better be nice to him."

"W-Why would I want to? Who cares if he's related to that pinhead? I kinda feel sorry for him." Sungjong slyly avoided the topic and faced his back to his hyungs while burying his face in his shirt. Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Myungsoo looked at each other and shook their heads. Their maknae sure is stubborn.

"Alright settle down eggheads, teacher's here." Class 1-A settled down and faced their 4 dimensional teacher, Mr Kim Heechul. "Now as you all know I'm enlisting in the army in a couple of days so I will no longer be your teacher. Heartbreaking I know, but what's done is done."

"Questions? Yes, Baro?"

"So does this mean we'll get a normal teacher now?"

"Excuse me? This is as normal as you can get here, sonny. And the school couldn't get another replacement in such short notice, so you're moving in with class 2-B." Groans and moans could be heard from several people, but Sungjong couldn't care less, as usual.

"So, get up and follow me." The class did as told.

Heechul held his hand out and opened the door to an almost vacant classroom with only a few students inside. The teacher was asleep and students were still studying nonetheless. It seems there were only boys in this class. "Step inside, class." 1-A did as told and sat in the many empty seats available.

Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong made sure to sit near each other right at the back. And since Heechul left without a goodbye, they were left without a teacher, so might as well chat.

"Sooo, about Howon-" Dongwoo was cut off by a deathly glare from maknae. If looks could kill he'd surely be dead by now. The rest of the morning went like that, chatting, glaring, and plain goofing off.

______________________________

"Wanna come with us to the basketball court?"

Sungjong shook his head. "No... I've got some studying to catch up on."

"Alright. Bye Smarty pants!" His friends waved goodbye. Sungjong took a deep breath and made his way to the school lunchroom. *Am I really doing this?* He asked himself before entering the room. He sighed, *I guess I am.* He stepped inside and scanned the room for any possible signs of Kikwang.

He spotted him right at the back of the room, he squinted his eyes to get a better view. Once he started to get closer he knew what was going on. Good thing only a few people actually eat in the lunch room.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Sungjong snapped and eyed the people rummaging through Kikwang's backpack. He noticed the people were not from Woolim High, their uniform was much more (Mr.) Simple and less detailed. The boys looked a year younger than he was.

"How'd you even get through security?" Kikwang looked up as he noticed the beating had stopped. He looked up but with his bruised eye it was too painful. Not saying anything was probably the best thing at this moment.

"Want us to show you, pipsqueak?" One of them croaked while spitting on the floor. The shortest one whispered something into his ear. The older growled. "You're lucky we have to go." He spat and ran outside. Sungjong grimaced, *What the hell just happened?* He thought. He dropped his backpack and helped Kikwang up. "Kikwang what happened?!"

"I- I bumped into those guys yesterday. They said if I don't say sorry they'll come beat me up and steal my money. I-I didn't really think they'd pass security. Sorry for troubling you like that."

Sungjong listened carefully and dusted him off.

"I can't believe you're stupid enough to even walk by guys like that. What if you got seriously hurt? Especially when you look all weak like you do."

"I-Im sorry." Kikwang apologized softly and tried to avoid Sungjong's stern and angry face.

"Why are you apologizing?"

“I-m Sorr- I mean, umm, I...” Kikwang stuttered.

“You’re stuttering again.”

“S-sorry.”

“Didn’t I tell you to stop- Never mind, let’s just get out of here.” He grabbed Kikwang's hand and brought him to the school field. Right at the edge where there's only a lone bench in the corner. Where Sungjong goes to escape this wretched, stereotypical school.

"Okay, before I talk to you, explain to me why nobody helped you. Where are your friends? Why didn't you call for help?"

Kikwang looked down as if he was ashamed, he didn't answer and just fell silent while biting his lip. "Fine. Don't tell me." Sungjong said, annoyed. He took out his lunch and started his lips at his homemade side dishes his mother hade made for him.

"Where's your lunch?"

"T-The bullies took my money."

Sungjong rolled his eyes. Maybe he should Of went with his hyungs instead, he's starting to regret ever getting tangled up with this person. He looked at his puppy like face and then back at his lunch. He sighed.

"Here." Sungjong pushed his lunch over to Kikwang. Kikwang stared at him wide eyed and pointed to himself.

"M-Me?"

"Eat it before I change my mind."

"But what about you-"

"BEFORE. I change my mind."

Kikwang smiled at his kindly gesture and ate the yummy food bite by bite. This was something different from his usual 5 star cuisine. He may not look like it but he is rich, thanks To his brother.

Sungjong 'tched' at the way Kikwang was eating, just like a 4 year old.

"Now tell me what favour you had in mind. Before I change my mind and decude not to help you."

"I really appreciate this Sungjong- ah-"

"BEFORE. I change my mind."

"A-Ah y-yes. Well I said before I have a-a crush on a guy called Son Dongwoon, and he happens to be I-in your class." Kikwang smiled as he remembered the handsome face of his crush. "He doesn't even know I exist." He frowned. "If you can just please introduce me to him... Im way too s-shy, I cant even look at him without blushing. Please, I'll return the favour."

Sungjong nodded in understanding, "So your coming to me for love advice?"

"S-Sorta, yes."

"Out of all the people in his class, why me? It would've been a wiser choice to choose someone he already knew."

"I heard you were really nice, and that you wouldn't turn down a person in need. I figured I could turn to you, plus when I first saw you, you looked really gentle."

"Where the hell did you hear that?!" It seemed highly doubtful anybody would say something like that about Sungjong. Because to everyone he was the cold, silent type.

"From Dongwoo hyung." Sungjong facepalmed he would expect his hyung would say that. He doesn't know if he should be glad his hyung said that or angry since he set him up.

"Fine."

"Huh?"

"I'll help you." Kikwang's eyes glistened and he hung onto Sungjongs arm for dear life.

"Chincha?!"

"Yes. Let go of my arm." He shoved kikwang's fragile hand away.

"But that favour, you owe me. If I ask for it in the middle of a snowstorm you'll do it. No matter how ridiculous you'll do it. And no matter when, you'll do it. Understood?"

Kikwang nodded furiously. Sungjong grabbed his bag and walked away. "Then consider it done." Kikwang smiled like an idiot while watching his saviour walk away.

"Oh and don't take this the wrong way. This doesn't mean were friends or anything, okay?" Sungjong made the whole thing clear before walking away to his next class.

Kikwang fixed his glasses and smiled gently, "He is kind and caring... In his own way."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Am I confusing you? Because if I was Reading this I'd be confused too.

o.O LMAO Anyway, to clear things up, this chapter explains Sungjong's personality watch,  as it unfurls throughout the story. And don't worry I didn't just add Kikwang because I felt like it, well, partly that cause he's hot and I'm a major Kiwoon shipper. He's an important charcter that links Hoya and Sungjong together~

This story will probably take a while for their actual relationship to progress, since Jongie's in denial and Hogod doesn't know what's happening yet. BUT IT WILL GET THERE. IT WILL GET THERE. Sorry for this ridicuolously long AN, I have a habit of typing away without Reading things through.

I should probably update my main story too... Sink or Swim has been deprived of updates lately. Well, see ya in a couple of days ;)