4. Full Moon

To Love A Human

I finally found a theme song for this fic! :)

 

THEME SONG:    Davichi's 'Because It's You' [from BIG OST]

*click the title :)

 


 

“You’ll be okay, right?”

Yejin nodded meekly and smiled.

“I’ll be back this afternoon after my classes. There’s plenty of food in the fridge, and you can..” Kris glanced around the house “..watch tv, or something”

After a whispered ‘goodbye’, Yejin watched as Kris went out the door and greeted another male. Both of them were in the same uniform and they seemed to look like very good friends from the way they greeted each other.

With a sigh, she slumped down onto the couch before staring into the television.

Yejin didn’t know much about the things humans used or the things humans did to pass time, but she did live near a small home once. She had spent enough time observing the household to know just a few things about humans.

“Looks like I’ll be sleeping in today..” she murmured before completely laying herself down on the couch and closing her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

 

---------------------------

 

“Hey, Kris!”

He turned around to see Luhan with his backpack hanging over one of his shoulders.  Luhan stopped right beside him before breaking out into a knowing smile.

Kris felt uneasy about it though. “What?” he sounded annoyed.

The two of them started walking to their first class “Aren’t you happy that it’s Monday again? I mean, now you can get to see---”

His words sounded muffled under Kris’s hand, and he glared at him just as he looked around to see if anyone was watching.

“Luhan! Do I need to tell you every minute of every day not to--”

 

“Hi, Kris..”

And as if on cue, Kris let Luhan out of his grasp and changed personalities. He tried not to sound nervous as he gave her a smile.

“Hey, Chaeyoung.” he replied

They spent a good minute staring and just smiling at each other before someone else broke their moment..

“Goodmorning, Chae!”

If looks could kill, well…Luhan would probably be lying on the floor by now. Kris turned his head ever so slightly and his eyes bore into Luhan’s – being careful to make sure Chaeyoung wasn’t looking.

He immediately took the hint, rubbing his neck awkwardly before muttering something along the lines of ‘Got it, boss..’ and leaving to find his seat in the room.

Chaeyoung and Kris exchanged nervous smiles before any of them spoke again. This was their normal routine, a few moments of small talk every day before class starts. But Kris wanted more than that.

Who wouldn’t want to date Kim Chaeyoung?

She was the most beautiful out of all the senior girls. Long, brown hair that fell just above her waist, a pale complexion, and a perfect face any girl would kill to have. She was also Head of the Students’ Activities Committee which earned her a lot of friends not only from her class but from students of the other years as well. Smart, beautiful, and witty – that’s Chaeyoung for you.

So naturally, Kris wasn’t the only one after her.

He was thankful to her other ‘suitors’ though – none of which she had accepted. This gave him hope that he might have a chance. If he wasn’t too afraid to ask her out first.

 

Classes passed by like a blur. Nothing out of the ordinary for the students of Seoul High. Lessons, a few quizzes here and there. It was just like any other day.

After classes had ended, each student rushed past the gates of the school, eager to go home and rest for the night. Kris’s group however…

“I’m hungry!” Xiumin groaned

Chen chuckled “You say that all the time.”

“It’s not my fault I always am..” he reasoned

“Yeah, it is.” Luhan immediately retorted

“Hearing Xiumin ge is making me hungry!” Tao walked past the others and shook Kris’s arm. “Kris ge! Treat us to dinner!”

Instead of getting an approval, what Tao got was a flick to his head, followed by a disapproving look from Kris.

The others all laughed at him.  Luhan went over and slung his arm over Tao’s shoulder “That’s what you get for trying to use aegyo again.” Tao just pouted and rubbed his forehead.

“If Kris won’t treat you, I will.” Lay spoke up. “I’m just as hungry as you guys and I guess it wouldn’t hurt to be the one to buy food for once.”

Xiumin and Tao’s eyes lightened up and each of them took one of Lay’s arms to hold.

“Thank you, Lay!!”

Kris looked over to them and shook his head, not forgetting to smile while he mumbled, “Kids.”

 

Just then, Kris remembered about the someone who was back home, alone. He was about to worry when he remembered, ‘I told her there’s food in the fridge...She’ll be fine.’ Kris shook his head and proceeded to walk behind his friends.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Back at Kris’s place, Yejin was busy rummaging the cupboards in the kitchen for food – though she seemed more anxious and jittery than she normally was.

She clutched onto her growling stomach “When is Kris going to come back..?” Yejin frowned.

Wolves don’t know how to cook. Well…at least Yejin didn’t. She tried desperately to find food which didn’t need heating and was ecstatic to find meat inside the fridge.

‘He wouldn’t mind, right? He said I could eat from the fridge.’

And so, Yejin didn’t think anymore and grabbed the package of meat, almost tearing the plastic as she opened it. Grabbing the first piece at the opening, she ate the meat contently until all of it was gone.

Yejin smiled and wiped her lips with the back of her hands but found herself frowning again when she realized she was still hungry.

 

Within the next hour, Kris’s fridge was already a mess with all the meat packages out on the floor - empty.

It was then when Yejin scrunched her eyebrows, fully knowing why she was so restless and hungry at that time.

Slowly, she looked at the piece of paper that was resting on one of the walls of the house.

“No…” Yejin’s face grew pale when she noticed that the date today was accompanied by a small picture.

 

An image of a full moon.

 

 

 


 

A/N:     i'll be updating again later, so please watch out for it! 

           also, i'm looking for a co-author if anyone's interested :)    just pm me~

 

          thank you to the new subscribers! and again, for the 2 upvotes ^^

 

PS.   comments will mean faster updates! :)