1. Escape

To Love A Human

 

“Over there! I see her!”

“We need to hurry up before she makes a run for it, come on!”

 

Yejin sighed for the umpteenth time that night. When were they ever going to give up? They’ve already injured her in more places she could count than they have ever done in the past weeks they’ve been hunting her.

 

“I can’t take this anymore…” she mumbled.

 

She could barely move her left arm which was slightly dislocated from trying to escape. And now thanks to the other hunters, her right leg was also bleeding. The hot red liquid seeped out from the fresh wound and dripped onto the ground, making it easier for them to keep track of where she was.

 

‘There’s no other way. I won’t last if I don’t turn now.’

 

And so, within a few seconds there stood a beautiful silver wolf, with pure blue eyes – but her wounds have yet to heal since she hadn’t eaten properly in the past couple of days.

Without wasting any time, Yejin used her remaining strength to run from the hunters.

 

….away from the forest again. But this time, where can she go? Those pesky hunters had managed to find her wherever she hid.

After reaching the road, it’s as if the heavens gave her a sign…a pick-up truck was about to pass by.

 

“This is my only chance..”

With a determined mind, she quietly hopped on the back of the truck and sat down at one if its corners.

The silver wolf whimpered lowly while looking down on its bleeding and injured leg before glancing up to the night sky and praying….praying that she would be saved.

                                                                                                                              

                                               

                                                         ---------------------------------------------                                                                          

 

 

“Hey, Kris! What’s taking so long!”

 

“I said I’m coming!” Kris let out a huff before walking to their table, setting the drinks down  for his friends.  

“My favorite..” Xiumin smiled as he took one of the cold beverages and put it up to his lips to take a sip.

Meanwhile, the youngest also reached out to get his share “I knew making that bet was worth it! But who knew that gege would turn down Ahyoung?”

 

Kris gave a knowing look to Tao then shook his head “I don’t like Ahyoung in that way.”

“But then again, you don’t like any other girls.” Lay retorted.

 

“Everyone except…” Luhan started

He was about to continue, but after seeing their leader’s glaring eyes he knew that it would be best not to. At least…not until things were official.

 

But still, it didn’t stop the youngest from trying to pry into Luhan’s unspoken words for the rest of the evening.

 

After a few more drinks – courtesy of Kris of course – the boys all exited their favorite café and went home after a tiring school day.

Luhan and Kris walked home together as usual, since the two lived across each other in the same neighborhood.

 

Kris was just about to speak before Luhan stopped in front of him “I know I shouldn’t have brought up…”

“It’s fine, Luhan”

The younger smiled and pat his back “Just let me be the first one to know if everything goes well, ge.”

His voice was followed by Kris’ laugh “Sure, Luhan. Whatever you say.”

 

Without any more objections, they both bid each other a good night before heading towards their respective houses.

 

As for Kris though, he was too pre-occupied in his own thoughts to notice the small patches of blood on his doorstep…and the fact that he went right ahead and opened the door – which he locked this morning.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it for the first chapter! I'm not good at writing so I know it might , but I do hope you guys like it! 

PS. thank you to Quack23 and ichelsea for being my first 2 subscribers :) you guys gave me hope that readers can be interested in my story.