I'll Wait

How Long Will It Last?

It was that time of the day again. I sighed as I picked my clipboard up and headed to his room and this time, he was standing by the door as I opened it. With a bright smile on his face, I went through the list of questions again and he answered each and every one of them. He had been doing well recently and today was just the same.

“Your name’s weird.” He commented. “Lee Emily. People in America said the last names last. Like Emily Lee. So your name sounds even weirder.” He scrunches his nose up. “Emma-Lee Lee.”

“Thanks for picking at my name.” I said sarcastically. “I might have to rethink my Saturday plans.”

“Oh come on. Loosen up.” He complains as he casually slings an arm over my shoulder. “That’s what makes you different from Ji Hee. She has a better sense of humor than you do.”

“Stop comparing me to her.”

 I’ve obviously changed.

“Alright, fine. Do you know who Mi Rae is?” He asked and I nodded.

“The leader of Horoscope.” I answered as he came closer to me, his mouth wide open in shock that I even knew. “I do a fair share of research okay?” I grunt and he breaks out into a smile.

“Alright, I’ll give it to you.” He leans against a wall and we have a staring contest before I end it and I begin to walk towards the door. “Don’t leave yet- keep me company, please?” I frown and I raise a brow at him.

“If I spend time with you here, I won’t be spending time with you on Saturday.” I tell him and he immediately quiets down.

“It’s not fair.” He whimpers and I sigh and click my pen. A habit I had developed to amuse me during the long and boring lectures during classes. “Are you older or younger than me? I’m sure I’m the older one here. You should show me so respect and hearing an ‘oppa’ would be nice.”

“Not so fast.” I click my pen again and face him. “I’m a 94 liner.” I lie. I’m having fun lying to him, oddly enough. It’s fun to see the reactions he supplies me with. “I’m the older one here.”

“Wha- no way. You look younger than me by a year or even more.” He still hasn’t caught on yet, so I continue.

“Nope, I wouldn’t even be here if I was any younger.” I click my pen again and I turn on my heels. “The next time I come, I better hear you calling me noona, dongsaeng.”

“You’re my noona?” He seems genuinely confused and  I bite back my laughter as I keep my hand on the door knob. “Noona? Noona? NOONA?” He begins to repeat the words over and over again and I turn around to see him looking at me from head to toe and them examining my face.

“Yes, dongsaeng. Noona’s going to continue working alright?” I snicker as I open the door and move out to the halls as he seems to finally catch up.

“Hey, you’re not my noona! You’re born in October and you’re a 94 liner? You’re younger than me!” He shouts and a nurse walking by ushers him back into his room for being such a disturbance to the other patients. “Remember, you have to meet me here eight in the morning!” I continue to snicker as I move down the halls  and send him an ‘okay’ sign without looking back.

How amusing.

Shin Dong Ho, you’re still the same idiot you were two years ago.

 

 

 

 

 I have a face mask on and my hair down instead of the usual ponytail I have in when I’m working in the hospital. I make my way to Dong Ho’s room to see that Soyeon is in there, doing one final check up and I decide to wait outside. I didn’t want to explain to her why I was dressed casually and visiting the patient when it was my day off. She finishes quickly and leaves and I head inside immediately.

“Emily, you’re-,” Dong Ho stops speaking when he catches sight of me and he raises an eyebrow at me. “What’s with the mask?”

“It’s to avoid any misunderstandings.” I simply answer. He stares at me as if I’m crazy and I decide to mock him instead. “This is grown up stuff. You wouldn’t be able to understand noona, dongsaeng.” His eye twitches and he frowns.

“Psh, you’re not my noona. I’m not going to fall for that.” He states as he picks up his bags and motions for me to follow him. The managers came to pick him up and boy were they surprised to see me with Dong Ho.

“You’ve already fallen for it.” He face turns a bit red and he snaps his head in my direction.

“Who would ever fall for you?” He questions and it hits me that he misunderstood my words. I probably should’ve spewed these words out earlier. Maybe he forgot what we were talking about.

“I wasn’t referring to me, you idiot. But thanks for your confession.” I teased as he turned to a brighter shade of red. I missed seeing Dong Ho embarrassed like this. The managers didn’t seem to question my appearance, they were probably new anyways and since I knew Dong Ho, they probably thought I was a friend or a relative.

When we pulled up in a sickingly familiar area, I began to feel nervous but I followed Dong Ho out, walking slowly after him. He didn’t seem to notice and he hurried into the building in contrast to my slow pace.

“Come on, follow me.” He took a hold of my hand and dragged me along the halls and it seemed as though I was an idol once again, just walking about the building. Nothing had changed about this building and it made me feel nostalgic. We were heading for the Horoscope’s dance studio and I closed my eyes, mentally preparing myself. “There they are.” Through the tiny square glass window, I could make out a few figures.

With blonde hair that changed to purple towards the ends of her hair, In Hye was in the center of the dance formation, dancing. By the looks of it, she was tired. Her legs seemed to be unstable and her eye bags told me she hasn’t been sleeping well.

Yoon Ji replaced In Hye from the center formation and began lip syncing to her part of the song as I assumed. Her hair was a light brown in contrast to the blonde hair she had two years ago. She too, had eye bags as well and her arms seemed to be limp.

With her dark smoky red hair covering her face gracefully, she finished the song off with a soft, feather-like hand gesture and as the music came to a stop, she brushed her hair aside. Mi Rae. She was still beautiful despite the eye bags she had and I felt bitter. Mi Rae was always the outstanding one in Horoscope with her beauty and her vocals.

“Assuming you’ve done your research, you can tell who is who right?” He whispers into my ear as he peers in through the window as well. I nod and that’s enough for him to understand. I continued to watch them and Mi Rae coughs.

The moment the music comes to a stop, In Hye falls to the floor massaging her aching legs and Yoon Ji grabs what seems to be a script from the table nearby as their managers get them water. Mi Rae coughs a couple more times and drinks the water, as if it were some sort of anecdote.

“Alright, let’s get back to practice now.” Mi Rae announces and smiles at Yoon Ji and In Hye. It’s evident that all three of them are tired, but they force themselves back into the dance formation and start playing the music again. I watched as they danced again, their backs faced towards us as they looked in the mirrors to monitor their dancing.

“Let’s go.” Dong Ho tugs at my hand and brings me around the corner into the recording room. “What do you think of them?”

“They look fine.” I answer, hoping he’d agree with me. I didn’t want to live with the guilt.

“They’re not though. In Hye, injured her left ankle from overworking herself, Yoon Ji has been auditioning for all these roles in dramas and movies, and Mi Rae has been overworking her voice to the point where she’s lost it three times this month.” He quietly explains. “I wanted you to see this, so maybe you could show them some support. I was hoping maybe one of these coming days you’d be able to possibly hang out with them and give them motivation. If you don’t want to, I understand. You’re not obligated to anyways.”

“I don’t think I can. But I will buy their album once it comes out to support them. I’ll buy ten copies or more.” I say to brighten his mood up a bit as he smiles. He takes a seat and something crinkles underneath him and he gets up to see he sat on a few sheets of paper.

“Kevin should really stop leaving his music sheets all over the place.” He mutters and I catch a glimpse of the papers.

“My reason?” I read from the pages and Dong Ho nods.

“Kevin has been having problems with this song recently. He wants to have this song as his solo in our next album. He has recorded many different versions of it, but he seems to be unsatisfied with the results.”

“Only one neol jikyeojul, only one neol akkyeojul han saram, neol saranghaejul geu sarameun naraneun geol.” I sang a bit of it, while tapping my foot to remember the rhythm. “This how it should sound.” I found Dong Ho’s eyes burning into me and I immediately add, “I think. It sounds better this way doesn’t it?”

“It does,” Dong Ho agrees and he looks at me, a smile forming on his lips. “You’re not that bad of a singer, you know? You could be the vocal of the group too.”

“Too bad I don’t have any plans of joining one.” I answer and Dong Ho looks down at the sheets and I read the scribbles off to the side of the sheet. “This part should go to a girl and should be a rap part. It goes along with the rhythm better that way.” I point at a part where there were three big question marks.

“Okay,” Dong Ho quickly scribbles ‘rap’ and ‘girl’ next to the part and then turns to look at me. “Please don’t lie to me and say that you haven’t had any experience with music.” I smile at him and shrug.

“It was a mandatory subject at school.” He accepts my answer and pulls me into the other room with the microphone.

“Do you think you can sing the song once? As a vocal guide.” I remembered having a vocal guide, but I didn’t give it to her. Which was probably why Kevin was still trying to figure the song out. There was no vocal guide to it.

“Alright.” I mumbled and I take my mask off and faced the microphone with the headphones over my ears. I waited patiently as Dong Ho looked around for the instrumental and I stared at the sheets of paper on the stand in front of me. It was originally written for a girl to sing, but I guess a guy and a girl could sing it together.

 I finished the recording for the vocal parts in literally, one shot. It was just a guide and it didn’t have to be perfect. The next part was the rap as it intercepted the vocal parts and it was impossible for me to do it in one shot. I finished up with the raps, after faking several attempts (remember how I lied about being bad with raps? Yep). Dong Ho gave me a thumbs up to indicate that it was okay and I pulled the headphones off and placed it over the microphone and left the room with the sheets in hand.

“Ey, your rap wasn’t that bad.” He comments. “If you were less awkward, your raps would’ve been a lot better. Good job by the way.” He slings his arm over my shoulder and takes the sheets from my hand. “I’m sure Kevin will be grateful for this vocal guide. I’ll have him wrapped around my finger. I could use some money for League of Legends.” I shoot Dong Ho an incredulous glance and hold my hand out.

“What do I get?” I scoffed. “You’re mean you know. Using someone for benefits.” I put my hand down and Dong Ho steps in front of me and lands a kiss on my forehead, smiling.

“That’s what you’ll get. A kiss from me.” I’m momentarily stunned and I don’t remember Dong Ho being this flirty two years ago. I back away from Dong Ho, coming back to my senses and scowling at him.

“Remind me to never help you again, if this is my reward.” I’m about to turn away when Dong Ho grabs a hold of my hand and tugs at it playfully.

“Do you think you’ll be coming here more often to check up on me and of course them?” He was referring to Horoscope and I knew.

“I don’t think so. Like you said, being mistaken as Ji Hee isn’t exactly great.” Being mistaken as Ji Hee wasn’t the problem here, but rather it was bumping into the people I didn’t want to see. Looking at the music sheets, I cleared my throat to confirm something. “Who composed this song?” Dong Ho looks at me and I stare back at him.

“The leader of Horoscope, I assume you know who she is. Mi Rae to be exact.” He answers and he reads the lyrics. “The song isn’t bad is it? I was surprised that she even knew how to compose.”

Me too. I’m surprised she knew how to compose. It figures how Kevin got a hold of the song though. I thought bitterly.

“It’s a bit sad though and I can’t understand why Mi Rae would give Kevin such a song.” Dong Ho comments as he sits down on a chair casually, reading through the lyrics. “The song talks about someone being there for the person they like, but it seems as though the person they like already have someone else in mind. Mi Rae’s a weird one.” He chuckles and placed the sheets of paper aside and I spot the small scribbles on the corner of the page.

It’s my signature. It looks too messy to even be words and it’s unreadable in fact, but that was my signature. I’ve been composing songs all the while when I was an idol, none of which were released in an official album because I had doubts about my composition skills and my lyrics. If had to choose one song that was my absolute favorite, it would have to be ‘My Reason’. It held onto my true emotions and the words that I had longed to tell him, but couldn’t because I had messed up the moment he hurt me.

“How’s that weird. Can’t she be in love with someone who has eyes for someone else?” I questioned. In a way, I was desperate to make Dong Ho question her ability to compose and maybe end at a thought that “maybe” Mi Rae really didn’t compose it after all. But then again, I was in no place to claim I owned the piece. I wasn’t supposed to be Ji Hee.

“Mi Rae claims to have written it for Kevin, but to be honest, they’ve dated briefly. In which, she gave him this song when they were dating. So- the lyrics don’t seem to match their relationship, but I’ll give it to Mi Rae.” A pang of sadness hit me as I remembered and it led me to another question.

Were they still dating?

“They broke up shortly after Ji Hee’s disappearance. The both of them were probably getting stressed from the media and the thought of the CEO finding out and decided to end it to keep themselves from getting into a scandal.” Dong Ho plays with his fingers and then looks up at me. “I’m assuming you’ll keep quiet, right?”

“Am I even in any position to speak of this?” Dong Ho smiles at me and gets up. “I should probably get going now.”

“Now?” He questions and I nod. “Alright. Can I get a goodbye hug from you before I send you out? Assuming this is our last time meeting of course.” I smile at him as he spread his arms out, ready for a hug and approach him and give him one.

He held onto my awfully long amount of time for a hug, but I couldn’t care. It felt as if I was back home, as if I was Ji Hee, as if everything in the past two years hadn’t happened. It felt good and I was thankful that Dong Ho was there to remind me that Seoul wasn’t only filled with bad memories.

Our hug was broken when I heard the door open and loud voices. I pulled away from Dong Ho immediately and had my back faced towards the door.

“Shin. Dong. Ho.” I recognized the voice. It was Soohyun’s and I fumbled around my pockets to find the mask I had foolishly forgotten to put back on. “You come back from the hospital and you don’t bother stopping by our practice room first and instead you’re here dating- wait, you don’t even bother to tell us you’re dating?!”

“Hyung, calm down. I’m not dating anyone.” Dong Ho tries to clear the situation up and I’m standing behind, my back touching his back by now. “By the way, what are you doing here?”

“I left the lyrics and music sheets for the song here.” I hear Kevin’s voice and my eyes automatically squeeze shut as I continued to search through my pockets for the face mask. “Who’s the girl?”

“I’ve been asking myself the same question too.” Soohyun states as I feel a hand land on my shoulder. I find my face mask and I tried to put it on. Fortunately for me, I got it on. Unfortunately, it was on the wrong side and it wasn’t too comfortable. Soohyun turned me around and I felt a strange sense of wanting to hug him.

That goes to say how close I was to him. He was the older brother I never had and he took good care of me. Our eyes met and I could almost hearing him thinking. His hands move up to my face mask and I panicked and looked over in Dong Ho’s direction, where he looked apologetic. Kevin had his attention directed at the sheets of music and the moment the mask was pulled off, my hand flew over to my mouth and I bowed.

“I’m sorry for intruding.” I managed to spit out before running for the door. Someone yanks the hood of the sweater I’m wearing and I stumbling back, my hand still over my mouth.

“What’s your name? Tell us that at least.” By now, Kevin has finally taken notice of me and he tilts his head to the side, trying to remember who I was. Getting nervous, I wiggled out of Soohyun’s grasp and attempt to head out the door, seeming like some sort of criminal, if not for Dong Ho’s brief explanation of how “shy” I was.

Tripping, I found myself falling if not for a pair of arms and I mentally scream for help. The hands are recognizable and it’s no other than Kevin’s hands. Our eyes meet and he opens his mouth.

“Emily?” He remembered. Unknowingly, my hand drops to my side with my heart pounding from encountering too many familiar faces in one day. The room goes silent and it takes me a while to realize what I’ve done.

“Ji... Hee?” Kevin’s voice is soft and weak and I can tell Soohyun wants to speak as well. They’re all waiting for my answer, but I shrivel up, caught in the spur of the moment.

Dong Ho quickly steps in and whisks me from Kevin’s arms and pulls my hood over my head and has me behind him. I’m truly thankful for having Dong Ho with me today.

“She’s Emily. Stop scaring her guys.” Dong Ho has his left hand holding onto my right hand and tries to comfort me. “I really like her so I’d appreciate it if you guys don’t call her Ji Hee. I’ve made that mistake several times before and- well, she’s a bit scared whenever she hears that name. She isn’t Ji Hee.” I have my left hand holding onto his arm and there’s no use in hiding it, but I’m scared.

Dong Ho serves as my shield from Soohyun and Kevin and his little confession causes my  head to spin in confusion. Surely, he couldn’t have meant it in that way. However the issue with Kevin and Soohyun is more troubling now and I regret my decision on coming back in the first place. After hearing the consequences Horoscope had to face, I did want to see how they were doing. I couldn’t blame anyone but myself.

I was sorry.

I realize that Soohyun and Kevin’s attention are focused onto Dong Ho and fling the door open and run out. It was suffocating there. It was suffocating here. This building was suffocating me with guilt and memories.

I heard footsteps behind me and I continued to run until I made it out onto the streets. I felt a lot better as I stood outside on the streets, the cool air hitting me immediately. My heart still felt heavy with the guilt and I was spun around by a pair of hands.

Our eyes met and his lips were pressed into a thin line, his eyebrows furrowed together. I must’ve been trembling because he pulled me into a hug as he tried to comfort me. Instead of accepting it, I pushed him away. I turned away from him and began to walk away.

I’m sorry.

“I’ll wait for you...” This was what I heard from Dong Ho as I walked away.

What I didn’t hear was.

“For you to come back.”

 

“Ji Hee."

 

 

A/N: Hey, so another update in two days. Whoa, faster update I've had in like a year? I updated one story almost every single day and yeah, the quality of my writing really- it's embarrassing to look back at it now. Spare me. T^T Hopefully you guys will enjoy and I'm a bit of a dramatic person as you can see xD.

Kim In Hye

Yoo-In-Na-for-InStyle-yoo-in-na-34168087

Age: 21

Date of Birth: December 22, 1993

Blood Type: B

Height: 163 cm (5'4)

Signed Under: NH Media

Group: Horoscope

Horoscope Signs: Capicorn, Leo, Pisces

Position: Main Dancer, Visual, Sub-Vocalist

Occupation: Singer/Idol, Model, Dancer

 

Leo (July 23rd- August 22nd)

Great traits Leos are known to have are being kind and big-hearted, energetic, optimistic, straightforward, and being loyal. They are known for their kindness and for showering people with love. Leos are also energetic and love spreading the positive vibes around. Leos don’t give up easily even when times are tough and instead, pull through. They will demand loyalty from others and in return will stay loyal.

Following their great traits, Leos have a few negative traits such as being headstrong, egoistic, possessive, dominating, impatient, and arrogant. They can be very opinionated and it can be hard to convince them of something else. They have a huge but delicate ego in which can lead them to getting hurt over trivial things. They are prone to jealousy as they keep what’s theirs, close to them and they want to be in control of everything. They can also be very impatient and self centered at times, which could hurt others.

Read more about it at this site!

http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/leo/leo-traits.action

I hope that you guys enjoyed this tiny section on theLeos. This does not mean that all Leos are like this. This is purely made for the fun of it and was not made to hurt or offend anyone. Are you a Leo?

Are you not a Virgo or a Scorpio or a Capricorn or a Libra or an Aries or even a Leo? Comment on what horoscope you wish to see next chapter! (Or not. I'll take the liberty of choosing then.) What sign are you? Or if you're curious to know more about someone else (friend, family, or even crush), what sign do you wish to learn more about?