Kimbap

How Long Will It Last?

I stared out my dorm window in frustration, biting my lip. I was so stupid. Horoscope, U-Kiss, and I would always come to Hongdae to get to our practice rooms. We came here literally everyday. How could I not recognize this place?!

"Seriously, Emily?!" I heard Caroline groan as she wiped the remainder of her taro bubble tea off her sweater. "You owe me another cup of bubble tea."

"Don't drink too much bubble tea. Tapioca isn't good for you." I replied absent mindedly. "By the way, the taro bubble tea has artificial color added. No good." I pulled the old and tough curtains closed and flopped back on the chair.

"I've never seen you run so quickly before. What's up?" Caroline asked, occupying the chair next to mine. I faked a smile.

"Nothing. It's just... shocking to see so many people speak Korean. I have a slight headache from it." Caroline eyed me suspiciously. 

"Or..." I looked at her.

"You saw those girly looking guys on the street and it gave you quite a shock." Caroline was completely oblivious to how tense I was. "I know it gave me quite a shock. I've heard about these sorts of girly looking guys, but I wasn't expecting them to be prettier than me. If my boyfriend came to Korea, I would make sure he never looked at a girl or a boy."

"Well, what do you expect?" I lied, going with her idea. "I mean, I've pretty much lived in America since birth."

I wasn't exactly lying when I said it. I was born in America, but I've lived in Korea for a solid five years. Three years was spent performing and living in my dream. Two years was spent getting to my dream and being a trainee.

"Well... you have a point at that. Why don't we get something to eat?" Caroline asked, getting out of the chair. "I want to experience the life of a Korean. Let's go to a restaurant nearby." My eyes widened.

"We can't." I blurted out as Caroline jumped and became flustered because of my reaction.

"Why can't we?" Caroline raised an eyebrow at me as I faked a smile.

"Because they won't let us have a table for ourselves. Korean restaurant policy." I lied once again. "We should just get kimbap from the corner store. Here." I handed Caroline five dollars as she sighed.

"I would love to go to the corner store but I don't know Korean." Caroline gave me a look as I sheepishly took my five dollars back.

"I'll be back soon. Don't go anywhere." I quickly left the dorm flustered. I headed down the stairs instead of taking the elevator to calm myself down. I didn't really want to see anyone after having almost bumped into U-Kiss. I had yet to figure a way out to avoid bumping into them. Not to mention, Horoscope. Seven plus three makes ten people for me to try and avoid.

I made my way onto the crowded streets, tucking random strands of my dark brown hair behind my ear as I made my way to the corner store.

I found the kimbap section eaily since I have been to this store before. I mean- before I left the company on my own. As I walked in, I recognized the music that it was playing. It was a U-Kiss song. To be honest, it was one of my favorite songs. Seems like U-Kiss was still flourishing while Horoscope was- well, to be honest, I haven't heard much about them as time wore by. 

(Someday U-Kiss)

As I looked through the different types of kimbap, the door opened and I could hear someone's conversation on the phone.

"Hyung, I don't have that much money to get all of them." A voice said, trying to be as quiet as possible. Evidently, it wasn't working. "Kimbap? What kind? Not the circle ones again! They have horrible flavors. I'm getting the original one whether you like it or not." A short pause came after. "Yeah. I know. I'm getting the circle ones." The person came towards the kimbap section as I grabbed two of the tuna kimbap and turned around quickly so I wouldn't be blocking the guy.

Honestly, I still wasn't comfortable about being in Korea. The fact that the dorm and store was so close to U-Kiss' practice room made it worse. The guy was just ending his call as I bumped into him and his iPhone went flying out of his hand and landing on the hard tiled floor of the store.

"Ah-" I gasped in suprise as I fell with the phone. I quickly picked up the phone to check and see if it was broken, in which case, should I say yes. It was very broken. The screen was all cracked and I felt guilty. The guy caught a glimspe of his phone screen as he sighed and held his hand out to help me up. I gently took his hand and got up, giving his phone back to him and avoiding eye contact.

"I'm so sorry. I can pay for a new phone if you want." I apologized, bowing. The phone had looked oddly familiar and I couldn't put a finger onto why it had looked so familiar. 

"There's no use." The guy sighed. "I had a lot of contacts on this phone. It doesn't matter if I had to get a new phone. But now all my contacts are gone." My long black hair covered my face as I looked down at the ground. 

"Well, if you want I can try to find a place that fix pho-," I started to say as he cut me off.

"Whatever. Some things can never be fixed." I sensed bitterness in his voice. "Some things will never come back. No matter how much you pray. Nothing will ever be the same." He sounded so upset. I looked up to comfort him and encourage him. But-

Oh My God.

With dyed blonde hair and a nice eye smile, Kevin was standing in front of me. THE Kevin Woo, one of the main vocals of U-Kiss. Kevin was looking down at the same ground I admired a few seconds ago. I quickly avoided eye contact and looked back down at the ground as he looked at me.

"If you're really sorry, you'd give me your phone number so that we can solve this problem some other time." Kevin said as he took out a piece of paper and a pen from his back pocket and handed it to me as I hesitated to write my phone number.

"Let's just resolve it here." I answered. "I'll give you money buy a new one."

"Listen, I'm in a rush right now. I need to do this some other time, so just give me your number and I'll contact you." Kevin said as he stared at the piece of paper. I bit my lip. A phone was a phone. What must it be such a big deal? What about what he's done to me in the past? 

Despite this thoughts of anger I was having, I quickly wrote my phone number and handed the pen and paper back to him, rushing over to the counter to pay. As I was paying for the kimbap, he stood next to me.

"What's your name? So if this phone number doesn't work I can at least find you." I bit my lip. Shoot. He wanted my name. One step closer to finding out who I was. "Come on, tell me. I'm not some kind of stalker you know."

"Um..." I hesitated as I recieved my change and held onto the kimbap rolls. I could feel Kevin's gaze sit on my long black hair that was covering my face. I swept my black side bangs to the side a little as I bit my lip again. "Emily. Emily Lee."

"Em...ily... Lee..." Kevin repeated as he wrote it down on the paper. He nodded and I turned to leave the store. I walked out of the store and turned the corner to head back to the dorm as Kevin followed and touched my shoulder lightly.

"What do you want now?" I asked, trying not to be too rude. I was in a bad mood. The fact that Kevin had turned so demanding to me. The fact that I still haven't forgotten what he's done to me. The fact that he probably forgot about Lee Ji Hee. About how upset he made me. The harsh words that left his innocent face.

"Listen Emily, I'm sorry if I passed off as rude before. It's just... I'm not having a good day. Especially since I've only been getting three hours a sleep these past few years." Kevin straightened his posture as he looked at me. "By the way, since you told me your name, I thought I should tell you mine. My name is Kevin. Kevin Woo."

I know.

"Well- it was nice meeting you. I have to go now." I bowed and rushed off, leaving Kevin to stare at my quick disappearing figure.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"So the tour around the hospital has ended. Each of you are free to wander this floor of the hospital and only this floor. Please do not touch any of our equipment and do not disturb our patients. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me." A doctor named Soyeon said. As soon as she dismissed us, everyone scattered. Caroline had already made friends with a couple of girls from Japan. Their English wasn't the best, but it was okay enough for us to hold a decent conversation with them.

Caroline left me alone as I headed up to Soyeon to ask some questions. Soyeon was just finishing her explaination about the mutation of white blood cells to another student from North America and patted them on the back as I approached her.

"Emily. That's a nice name." She said, glancing at my name tag. "Is there anything you need?"

"Well, I was just wondering what other things doctors have to do. I mean it's obvious that doctors treat patients and conduct surgeries, but I was wondering if they participate in lab studies for medicine. Such as sharing their knowledge of a disease to others. I'm also wondering how a formal doctor's report looks like." I said as Soyeon nodded in understanding. "I've written some health reports, but I feel as if they're not even close to actual doctor reports."

"Well, those are excellent questions from a rising doctor like yourself." Soyeon smiled and looked at her watch. "Unfortunately, I have to make a quick visit to a patient. Do you mind waiting a bit and coming with me? After I visit the patient, we'll head straight to my office and I can how you how doctor reports are written and what comes with the title of being a doctor. Okay?"

"Sure," I answered. Afterall, I might be able to see a real patient and see the procedures of treating the patients. I followed her to the fifth floor of the hosptial (there are no fourth floors in hospitals because in Chinese it shoulds like 'die'.) We made our way to a quieter part of the hospital as Soyeon knocked on the door.

"Come in." Soyeon opened the door and gave me a reassuring smile. She beckoned me to come in as I slowly made my way into the room.

"How are you feeling Mr. Shin?" Soyeon asked in a light voice. "Are you hurting anywhere?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm just aching here and there, but I'll be fine." I made my way next to Soyeon and my eyes widened in surprise.

What the heck?

Looks like avoiding U-Kiss is harder than I thought...

 

 

 

 

I'm working in the same hospital Shin Dong Ho is staying in.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

*So another chapter done! So far three chapters. I know I'm updating awfully slowly for someone who has this story all planned out, but it seems as if nobody really likes it. >.< And I will be continuing the special member of the chapter. Blue font. This should give you a hint right? 

Our special member of Horoscope is...

 

Lee Ji Hee

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCHOjxMGBiUxwWg16X0CI

Age: 19

Date of Birth: November 15, 1995

Blood Type: A

Height: 165 cm (5'5)

Signed Under: NH Media

Group: Horoscope

Horoscope Signs: Scorpio, Libra, Gemini 

Position: Maknae, Face of the Group, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer

Occupation: Singer/Idol, Model, Actress

 

Scorpio (October 24th - November 22nd)

Some positive traits about the Scorpio is that they're determined, fearless, and poised. Their determination is a major strength of theirs. Despite how determined they can get, they never lose any sleep over hard times and their failures. They can come across as mature and are very pleasant people to be with. Scorpios are also loyal, ambitious, and intuitive. Scorpios will stand by you if they promised they would. They will also aim for the top to reach their goal. Their instincts often help them make right decisions at the right time.

Of course with so many pros there has to be a little bit of cons right? Well Scorpios can tend to be jealous, secretive, resentful, and controlling. Scorpios can tend to be a bit possessive and jealous at times. They also have a hard time trusting people causing them to become a but more secretive. Scorpios like to get even with people because they can get hurt easily and are sensitive. They also like to get things their way and in that process, it can cause them to be controlling.

Read more about it at this site!

http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/scorpio/scorpio-traits.action

I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter because next chapter will have more of U-Kiss in it for sure! :D I also hope that you guys enjoyed this tiny secton on the Scorpios. This does not mean that all Scorpios are like this. This is purely made for the fun of it and was not made to hurt or offend anyone. Are you a Scorpio? How much of this do you think is true? 

Are you not a Virgo or a Scorpio? Comment on what horoscope you wish to see next chapter! (Or not. I'll take the liberty of choosing then.) What sign are you?