Chapter 8

Sleep

"I like Kibum, you should have brought him by sooner," Sunggyu snickered, watching as Key made himself comfy on top of Woohyun's collapsed body. The brunet whined and struggled to sit up, but Key wouldn't let him.

"Gyu, I said you could call me by my nickname the last time we met, didn't I?" Key grinned, yelping when Woohyun finally shoved him off.

The three were at Woohyun's house, playing an intense game of Super Smash Bros. Brawl when Key decided a real life version would be much more entertaining and shoved Woohyun to the floor. Sunggyu had no problem with watching and actually took great pleasure from seeing Woohyun get trampled.

When Woohyun managed to get to his feet, he quickly joined Sunggyu on the couch and buried his face in the boy's lap. Sunggyu yelped and tried to push him off, "Jesus, warn me next time!"

Woohyun turned his head slightly, "Why?"

"So you don't almost crush my in the process."

The younger boy smirked, "What if I crushed it with my mouth-"

"Yah!" Key threw a couch pillow at him, which landed square in his face and made Sunggyu start laughing, "I do not need that in my head!"

"And I didn't need a pillow in my face!"

"He's right," Sunggyu began and reached for another pillow, "You need two."

Woohyun's words were lost when the soft fabric muffled his mouth and Key howled with laughter. Sunggyu only let the boy go when he heard a knock on the door and notice Key make no move to actually get it.

Woohyun gasped as he sat up, taking in large breaths of air as he stood on shaky legs and approached the front door. Sunggyu leaned further back into the couch, bouncing slightly when Key threw himself beside the elder male and made the whole thing shake.

"Expecting someone?" he asked and Sunggyu shook his head.

"Wouldn't you know better than me?"

"The only person I can think of is Dongwoon and-"

"Woohyun oppa!" A shrill voice echoed in the house and the two boys winced in pain. Girlish giggles followed after and Woohyun walked back into the living room with an annoyed expression on his face and an equally annoying girl on his arm (Sunggyu only thought she was annoying because her voice was so god damn loud).

"Hey Key!" the foreign looking boy Sunggyu met the other day stepped in after them, giving Key a wide grin, "Oh, Hi Sunggyu-ssi."

"Hyung is fine Dongwoon-ah," Sunggyu smiled, his eyes curing up in a friendly manner. Woohyun stopped walking momentarily just to admire it, but Hyomin noticed and pouted.

"Woohyun-ah, what are you doing?" she huffed, "Show me around your house!"

"Why should I? You just showed up unannounced. How did you even know where I lived?" he said, pulling his arm free and moving beside Sunggyu. He squeezed himself between Key and the latter and draped his arms across the two boys' shoulders, "Make yourself comfortable Dongwoon."

"Will do," the tall boy sat down on the floor and grabbed a controller, "Who wants to play me?"

"I will," Sunggyu and Key answered in unison, laughing as they reached for their controllers.

Hyomin glared at them, but none the less sat down on the love seat across the room, "Dongwoon said he was going to visit you, I thought I'd tag along."

"Dongwoon, what have I told you about bringing strays into the house?" Woohyun chastised.

"Hey!"

"She was giving me those puppy eyes you once fell for," Dongwoon explained, "How could I say no?"

"Puppy dog eyes, eh?" Sunggyu smirked, earning a fear filled look from Woohyun.

"It's not what you think babe."

"Don't call me babe. I'm your hyung."

"Regardless."

"Oooooh, Woohyun ed up," Key snickered and dodged a hit aimed for his head.

Hyomin sat there with confusion on her face. Sunggyu could only spare her quick glances if he didn't want to lose the game, but from the looks of it she didn't quite understand what was going on. He thought Woohyun told her about them (they're not anything yet but they're getting there), guess not.

"Oppa, I don't think you've introduced us yet," Hyomin said, speaking with a slight edge in her voice as if she knew exactly who he was.

"Right... Not properly I guess," Woohyun sighed and moved his hand off the elder's shoulder and onto his knee, patting it lightly, "This lovely hyung of mine is Kim Sunggyu, not to be confused with a hamster."

"I swear Woohyun, I'll skin you and wear you like boots," Sunggyu narrowed his eyes and turned his attention to Hyomin, "Hi."

"Hello," her smile was forced, if the twitch in her eye was any indication, "Woohyun-ah, I've been here for a week now and you still haven't taken me out yet."

"I've been busy," he motioned his arms to his friends in the room, "We're having bonding time here."

"Yeah, that was your excuse un Seoul."

"And our bond isn't strong enough!" he argued back and pulled Sunggyu closer, his hand finding purchase on his waist, "Use the combo I showed you yesterday."

"I'm trying," he huffed as Marth jumped across the screen, "I'm still getting used to this 'Woo'"

"It's a Wii."

"Shut up, I knew that."

"Sure you did," Woohyun grinned and Sunggyu couldn't help but stare. Then he heard the sound of 'Game Over' and looked to see Key had kicked his character off the edge.

"Yah! You cheated!"

"Not cheating if you got distracted on your own. Don't worry, Dongwoon was focused and I still kicked his ," Key snickered.

"That's not fair, I haven't played this since freshman year," he whined and flopped back onto the floor, "So any plans for today?"

"We gotta go into town to get a graduation present," Woohyun tightened his grip on Sunggyu, "The kids are getting out of that hell of a high school."

"Shopping! I'll come with," Key retreated into the kitchen and returned with his phone, "I haven't seen any of the stores here yet, I wanna see what this rural place has to offer."

"This isn't that rural. If anything it's more like a suburb," Sunggyu scolded and stood up.

"Where are you going to go?" Hyomin asked with peaked interest, "I want to come too!"

"If there's room."

"There is," Dongwoon answered and Sunggyu almost laughed at the glare Woohyun shot him.

"Yay! I call front seat!" she jumped to her feet and gathered her things up.

Woohyun scoffed and stood as well, "Hyung gets front seat. He's still recovering from surgery, I don't want to have to drive to the hospital if one of these losers sets him off."

"What? What happened to him?" Dongwoon frowned, "I just heard you were in a coma. What else is there?"

"Like hell I'm still recovering, I'm fine," Sunggyu kicked his dongsaeng's leg and stretched his arms, "I'm cool with the back seat, but as long as I'm by a window."

Woohyun looked at him hard, as if trying to communicate with his eyes that he really didn't want to sit beside Hyomin. However Sunggyu was a gentlemen, and no matter who the person is he would always put a lady before himself.

Even if she was annoying as hell.

"So where are we going?!" she clung to Woohyun and dragged him off towards the front door, "I want to try all the local cuisine and buy a few summer dresses and-"

"She doesn't know when to stop," Key sighed and patted Dongwoon's shoulder, who stared off at the two longingly, "I wish you luck man."

"Thanks... I'm gonna need it."

Sunggyu felt slightly awkward being left alone with Woohyun's friends, but did his best to brush it off and nudged Key's arm lightly, "Yah, let's go before Hyomin-ssi decides to highjack the car and kidnap Woohyun."

"Ha! Wouldn't that be a sight."

 

--

 

"This was a terrible, terrible idea," Woohyun concludes, his arms aching from carrying the cheeky girl's bags. He thought movies always exaggerated whenever they showed the male of the relationship being the pack mule for his girlfriend... they weren't too far off the mark.

Hyomin only had four bags, but each was stuffed to the brim with unnecessary things and she would keep stuffing her jewelry and whatnot inside them.

"Blame Dongwoon, I was content with kicking your asses at Brawl after we hit up the food court," Key said and smirked at Dongwoon. The said male looked a little down, not because of Key's words, but because Hyomin hadn't paid attention to him the entire time they were there.

"I think it may be hopeless," he decides, "She's clearly not over Woohyun."

"But I'm over her."

"Well it doesn't seem like she'll be giving up any time soon. Your favorite color is white, isn't it?"

"Yeah, why?"

Dongwoon motioned to Hyomin, who had stepped out of the dressing room and was admiring herself in a short, white summer dress that accentuated her figure. She looked at the boys through the glass, but it was clear she was gauging Woohyun's reaction.

The boy was indifferent though, and didn't look for too long. His eyes wandered over to Sunggyu beside him. The caramel haired boy was playing with his new phone, but his brows were furrowed in frustration. He seriously couldn't figure out how 'texting' worked.

"I'm going to break this thing. If I ever need to talk to someone I'll just call them," Sunggyu huffed under his breath and Woohyun chuckled, taking this opportunity to wrap a sturdy arm around him.

"How can you be so cute hyung?"

"The same way you can be annoying."

"Ouch, that hurt."

"No it didn't."

"So... you seriously were sleeping for 18 years?" Dongwoon asked in awe. Sunggyu nodded lightly, finally giving up on the device when he ended up texting Myungsoo some sort of weird auto corrected . 'This flan doe woken music.' (this phone doesn't work myung).

"That sounds like something from a kids tale," Key commented.

"Well, the whole procedure is a lot more complicated than it seems. I was at risk for heart failure, malnutrition, hypothermia, and a bunch of other crap that happens when your body stays motionless for an long time. "

"Wait, there were risk and you still did it?"

Sunggyu shifted uncomfortably. He also felt Woohyun's grip tighten and figured the subject bothered him just as much, "I would have died either way."

"Oh..."'

"Hey guys," Woohyun interrupted, standing and pulling Sunggyu with him, "The whole point of this trip is to buy my dongsaengs a graduation gift. With Hyomin stopping in every ing store we won't get anything done. Sunggyu hyung and I are going to visit a couple places on our own, so can you guys distract her in the mean time?"

Key stared at him blankly, "There's no way I'll-"

"Hyomin-ah! Look here!" Dongwoo stood and grabbed a random dress of a rack nearby, approaching the girl with his arms stretched out, "Key thought this would suit you best!"

"He did?!" She looked surprised, "I thought orange wasn't my color."

Key groaned loudly and gave Woohyun one last glare before following after, "It isn't. I told him to grab the pink dress but he's color blind or something. Show me the first shirt you had on with the skirt we bought from the last store."

"Okay~"

With Hyomin distracted, Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's hand and pulled him outside. The older man yelped and tried to wiggle himself free, seeing how they're in public, but the latter wouldn't listen, "We're in public, Jesus Christ! Let go of me!"

"Why are you thinking of Jesus when you should be thinking of me?" Woohyun smirked over his shoulder, "You were taking too long, it's better if I just lead us."

"Oh, so you know where we're going?"

"No, but this gave me an excuse to hold your hand."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and stopped walking. Woohyun almost fell trying to pull him forward and waited for an explanation, "Let's look in here."

"Why?" He stared at the electronics store in confusion.

"I want to get Myung a new camera," He admitted a little sheepishly, "The other day Sungjong told me he wanted to do something with his photography, but the kid doesn't have a job or anything to afford one."

"You don't either hyung."

Sunggyu turned slowly and raised a brow, "Is that what you think?"

Woohyun's eyes widened, "Three things just popped into my mind, and two were not flattering."

"Voice them and I'll kill you," He looked back into the store and stepped inside. Woohyun followed like a puppy and examined all the flashy cameras and add-ons displayed on the shelves. It was a really simple set up, but the color of the room and counters were so minimal that your attention had nowhere to go but to the cameras. It was smart marketing.

"Sungyeol said he was going to get him a tripod and some super nice camera bag," Woohyun added, picking up a leather camera strap and the smooth material, "This feels nice."

"It's leather," Sunggyu deadpanned and looked at a small white camera, "This is nice."

"Sungjong's getting him that," Woohyun hopped over and read the card, "Olympus Pen E-p1? Yeah that's it, so he has something light to carry for trips out."

"I wasn't going to get him something like this," He flicked his forehead, "I want to get him something professional."

"Ow, your fingers are strong."

Sunggyu hummed in response and continued browsing quietly. Woohyun didn't wander off like he would normally do though. Instead, he wrapped his arm comfortably around Sunggyu's waist and waited patiently until he was ready to move on to the next set of cameras. Occasionally he would move his hand to the small of the elder's back and guide him to a section he thought would be more useful.

"Ah," he nudged him lightly and pointed at a black and grey bag, "That's what Sungyeol got him."

Sunggyu looked at the price and winced, 'Damn, that much for a bag?"

"The camera is more expensive, but yeah. Sungyeol has been working a secret part time job to afford it. Took him two months to make that kind of money."

Sunggyu was surprised. Sungyeol, from what he gathered, was a loose cannon in the sense that he was difficult to control. His own self restraint was lacking, since he often talked loudly and clung to people. However, hearing that he actually focused on working and saved his money was a little out of character.

"Sungyeol... he really likes Myungsoo, huh?" he asked.

"Always has. I remember when Sungyeol first wanted to be friends with him, Myungsoo would constantly complain to me about this tall kid that didn't know the definition of 'shut up'," Woohyun chuckled, "But Sungyeol's stubbornness is what got them to be friends."

"Then how did they become lovers?"

Woohyun shrugged, "That's something you should ask them. I don't know how he confessed exactly, but when Myungsoo was still going through his 'I need to be cool all the time' phase he supposedly said something like 'Your existence doesn't bother me, I want to keep you around for a while'. "

Sunggyu burst into laughter, clutching the sleeve of the boy's shirt as he leaned over to catch his breath in-between his fits. Woohyun turned to the employees grinning apologetically, but they wore kind smiles on their faces and didn't seem too bothered by it.

"That is the dumbest I've ever heard," Sunggyu wheezed, "What a fool."

"He was pretty stupid in the beginning of high school, Sungyeol knocked some sense into him."

"Thank god for that, but I would never imagine it would be him of all people."

Woohyun shrugged and stared at Sunggyu with an unreadable expression, "Everybody needs somebody hyung. Myungsoo needed Sungyeol... and I need you."

Sunggyu tore his gaze away in embarrassment and punched his shoulder, "Don't say things like that here."

"Sorry..."

The elder didn't like how he didn't try to play off his words as a joke and set his eyes to look for some sort of his traction. Then he noticed a large specialized camera at the end of the display row not too far from them. He stepped away from Woohyun and went to pick it up, examining the features more closely, "What do you think of this Hyun?"

Woohyun walked over and read the placard, "Canon EOS 5D MKIII, That's a mouthful."

"I think he'd like it," Sunggyu aimed the camera at the brunet and took a quick picture. Examining it seconds later, he smiled at the surprised expression captured on film, "Ha! I can see your pores if I zoom in enough."

"Yah! Don't do that!" Woohyun tried to snatch it away, but Sunggyu was quicker and retreated around the counter.

"Excuse me!" he called for a worker, "I'd like to get this one."

"Ah, a good choice," the man smiled, "I'll go in the back and get you a packed one."

"Thanks," Sunggyu bowed while he disappeared and felt Woohyun next to him, "Damn, I was hoping I could take this one with me."

"Ha, no. And even if you could there's no memory card to store that."

Sunggyu frowned, "Damn."

"Don't worry though," he leaned closer and flashed him a brilliant smile, "You don't need to take pictures of me. I'll always be right beside you."

Sunggyu gagged and he pushed him away, "Get away from me you greasy piece of ."

"NEVER."

 

--

 

"Dad, you promised you wouldn't cry."

"Shut up kid," Mr. Kim sniffed, staring proudly as his youngest son crossed the black stage to receive his high school diploma, "I cried when you got yours too. This is no exception."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and cheered loudly for his brother. The date the whole Kim family had been waiting for finally arrived. Myungsoo had been going on and on about how he wished there wouldn't be a stupid ceremony for his graduation. However, all anger directed towards it dissipated when Sungyeol barged into his house, kissed him square on the lips and complimented his suit.

Sunggyu gagged, but then Woohyun came in and tried to do the same thing. It ended with the younger male on his knees, clutching his stomach in pain while Key laughed.

The ceremony was long, a little annoying, and highly embarrassing with his father sobbing when Myungsoo turned to the crowd and waved at them.

What made it worse though was Dongwoo gripping Sunggyu's arm and crying just as hard when Sungjong sauntered on stage.

"H-hyung," he hiccupped, "I-I'm so proud of him! I can't believe my baby is growing up!"

"There, there, Woo," Sunggyu patted his arm comfortingly, "Do you need a tissue?"

"Maybe..."                                                                                                                                           

Sunggyu looked over his shoulder where Woohyun and Key were occupying two seats behind him, "Hyun, do you have any-"

"Here babe," he pulled out a plastic wrapped pack and handed it over. His voice was slightly hoarse from the screaming he was doing when Myungsoo's name was called. In fact, Sunggyu's whole family was a huge embarrassment with the noise they were making. This was in no way a formal graduation, but no one told them to shut up so they got away with it.

"Don't call me that," Sunggyu grumbled and snatched the pack away, offering it to Dongwoo in the next minute.

"Hun then."

"No."

"Cutie?"

"Am I girl?"

"Then what do I call you?!" He whined, leaning forward so he could slump against the elder's back, "You won't let me use pet names, that makes me sad."

"You can call me 'Hyung' like you're supposed to, in case you forgot I am older than you."

"Not by much..."

Sunggyu turned slightly and deadpanned at him, "How old are you, Woohyun-ah?"

"Twenty two... Oh... point taken."

"Your boyfriend- wait, future boyfriend is cute," Key cooed after Sunggyu patted Woohyun's cheek and said 'good job, "I like that he doesn't take your and knocks you down a few pegs."

"You make it sound like I'm full of myself," Woohyun huffed, to which the caramel haired male laughed.

"But you are Woohyunnie... sometimes at least."

He gaped, "Gee Gyugyu, way to being down my self-esteem."

"'Hyung'."

"What?! That's not fair! How come you can call me Woohyunnie!?"

"Because you like it when I use pet names," Key laughed at Woohyun's expression. He was blushing and pouting, avoiding eye contact with everyone (Including Sunggyu's parents) because yes, he did like it when Sunggyu would call him cute little names.

"How long until this ceremony is over," Mr. Kim asked, lightly nudging his wife's arm.

Sunggyu's mother hummed as she glanced at her watch, "Our 'Three Musketeers' should be faking a stomach ache right about now. Let's sneak out while the rest of the students get their diploma's and take pictures by the front gate."

"Sounds like a plan," Sunggyu agreed and the four stood up. Woohyun and Key were utterly confused as they shuffled out of there and followed quickly behind.

"You guys are just going to leave?" Key frowned, "Don't you want to take pictures with Myungsoo and his friends?"

"They did that before their line up," Sunggyu explained, "We agreed on ditching last night. The ceremonies are always so boring and the whole point of it is to get a stupid piece of paper in the end. Now that he's got it, we might as well leave."

Woohyun was in shock, he pointed towards Dongwoo, "And you let them rope you into this? Isn't this your kid's first graduation? Wouldn't you want to stay!?"

"It was my idea, actually," Dongwoo sniffed, eyes still red from crying but wearing a blinding smile on his face, "It's been a tradition in the Jang family since my great grandfather ditched his ceremony."

"That is an awesome tradition," Key awed, "Tell me more."

"Well we have something similar to it," Mrs. Kim spoke up as they reached the gates outside the school building, "Once a school year we pull our kids out for a few days and take them places."

"You did that with Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked, surprised that his parent's would even continue the tradition.

It actually started in Sunggyu's fifth year of elementary. The boy asked his dad one day if they could go camping instead of school, and Mr. Kim was eager to take him. The next year it was the beach, year after Lotte world and so on. It had actually been a thing with his dad, he never thought his mom would support it too.

"Of course we did. He found pictures in the attic of that one time we went to Jeju and asked about it. It would be wrong to not take him out," His father huffed, "I am not a cruel man."

"No, just a silly one," his mother patted her husband's cheek lovingly.

"But... you approved of it?"

"Of course Sunggyu! I was actually a little hurt when your father didn't tell me about it sooner. I would have loved to ditch the office and accompany you."

"I already said I was sorry dear."

"Ew," Sunggyu grimaced and pushed them away when they started acting sickeningly sweet, "I'm just gonna stand by Dongwoo..."

He trailed off when he noticed his friend locked in an intense game of kai bai bo with Woohyun. Key served as a cheerleader and encouraged Dongwoo at Woohyun's expense.

"Seems they're busy, which gives us the perfect time to ask you a few questions," Mr. Kim smiled and put a gentle hand on Sunggyu's shoulder.

The caramel haired boy stiffened and turned slowly, "What's on your mind?"

"What has been going on with you and Woohyun?"

"Yes, I noticed it too," Mrs. Kim added, lowering her voice as her brows drew together in concern, "I know you've always been close but lately... something just seems... off..."

"Off in what way?"

"Sunggyu-yah," her husband was more assertive, "Has your relationship with Woohyun changed?"

Sunggyu stared at him, "Changed how?"

"Changed in the way Sungyeol and Myungsoo's has."

He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, stunned the spot on accusation they made. He didn't think it would be that easy to reach. Woohyun has always been a touchy kid, but was he really so different around Sunggyu? "How did...?"

His mother sighed heavily and looked to his father, "Oh dear."

"I know."

Sunggyu felt his stomach drop. What they mean by that? "We haven't... We're not... I'm not ready for that yet. He says his feelings are sincere but I just can't do anything like Sungyeol and Myungsoo yet. It's kind of weird since he was a kid-"

"I'm glad you see it our way then," Mr. Kim smiled in relief.

The oldest son stepped back from him, allowing the hand on his shoulder to fall, "What do you mean?"

"We... how do I put this?" Mrs. Kim chewed her bottom lip, a habit Sunggyu had been told she had since her childhood, "We have nothing against you liking men, we had nothing against Myungsoo either, but Woohyun... he's a special case."

"How so?" he pressed, keeping his voice low so the three playing wouldn't notice.

"Woohyun is just a kid, you know? I knew he held some special feelings for you when he was younger, hell what kind of kid sacrifices Saturday mornings to visit his friend?" Mr. Kim laughed as if trying to brighten the mood, "But... that's the thing. He hasn't experienced enough to really grow up yet and understand these strong emotions."

"That's what I've told him," Sunggyu mumbled, but it was ignored.

"Not to mention he's far too young compared to you. Now, we don't blame you for this but this relationship would seem a little strange even if you weren't put under."

"We just think that this is... a little unnatural."

Sunggyu's eyes widened as his fears with his potential relationship with Woohyun came to light. He didn't understand how they knew what he was worried of so well, but saying out loud really did put heavy feelings of doubt in his mind.

It too. He was finally, finally getting comfortable with whatever relationship was forming between him and Woohyun. Ever since their talk he thought they actually stood a chance. He thought he could fall.

"I see."

"I don't know how much you like the boy," His mother tried to comfort him by brushing his bangs from his eyes, but Sunggyu stepped back and a small look of hurt flashed across her older features, "Honey."

"I understand what you're saying Mom," he gave her a strained smile.

"Sunggyu..."

"I get it."

"Hyung!" Dongwoo cheered and bounded over to them. He nearly pushed Sunggyu over when he landed a strong arm across his shoulder and practically shouted in his ear, "I won! Woohyun owes me dinner at the BBQ place across the mall!"

"Isn't that really expensive?" Mr. Kim blinked in surprise.

"It is, I don't know why I agreed to it," Woohyun huffed and walked over, "Let go of him!"

"Woohyunnie is gonna treat us tonight," Dongwoo shook his shoulder good naturedly, "Let's order all the best stuff."

"Yah!" the old soccer player came up and grabbed Sunggyu's arm, intending to pull him away. Sunggyu jerked his arm away without realizing it, almost missing the look of confusion on the younger boy's face.

"Shouldn't have made the deal then," he stated simply and kept close to Dongwoo. His parents shared a small look of regret, but they couldn't take back what they had said. Sunggyu didn't think they would, given the chance.

"Sorry guys!" Myungsoo yelled from the gym doors. The five turned to look at him and his friends run over, slightly out of breath and still in their formal wear, "Sungyeol's brother had to take pictures for his parents, and since he came late to the ceremony we told him to wait for us in the hallway."

"Yeah, only it took a little longer because Myungsoo kept ruining them," Sungjong huffed and handed his diploma and jacket to Dongwoo.

"I made them better."

"My parents do not want a framed picture of you kissing my cheek and Sungjong's disgusted face on their wall," Sungyeol flicked his forehead and stood beside Sunggyu. He linked arms with the elder and smiled at everyone else while Myungsoo continued to whine behind him, "So where to?"

"Food," Dongwoo smiled evilly, using his free hand to pull Sungjong under his arm, "Your great hyung here has promised to feed us whatever we wanted."

"I did not!"

"Yes you did," Key snickered, "I am a witness to the game and if you go back on your word I will make your life a living hell."

Woohyun looked distressed and turned to Sunggyu for help, but the elder boy refused to make eye contact with him. His mind was still mulling over his earlier conversation with his parents that he didn't notice Woohyun's distraught expression change to that of concern.

"Don't worry Woohyun-ah," Mrs. Kim smiled, "We've got our kids covered."

"Including Sungyeol," Myungsoo added.

"Yah, who said you can go and make decisions about our money?" The boy's father grabbed him by the back of the neck and started messing with his hair. Myungsoo fought back weakly and Mrs. Kim controlled her laughter long enough to pull out her camera (Sungyeol decided to help her, seeing how hard she was shaking).

Sunggyu smiled lightly at their bickering, but noticed Woohyun taking advantage of that confusion to approach him. He flinched back when the boy tried to put his arm around the elder's shoulder; unfortunately Woohyun immediately noticed it.

"What did I do?" he asked without hesitation, trying to get Sunggyu to look at him.

The caramel haired boy shook his head, staring at his feet, "Nothing, you surprised me is all."

Woohyun stared hard at him for a couple of seconds before slowly lifting his arm and draping it properly across Sunggyu's shoulder. The elder knew he was gauging his reaction and held back the urge to step away.

It's unnatural.

Sunggyu shivered, but Woohyun misread it as being cold and momentarily stepped back to take off his jacket.

"I don't need it," the elder declined when it was held out to him. Woohyun was persistent though and just wrapped it around him before returning his arm to its earlier place.

"My parents are right there," Sunggyu reminded him lightly, hoping he'd get the hint.

"Well we're friends to them, aren't we? This is what friends do."

"Yeah, but-"

"Is something bothering you?" Woohyun interrupted. His expression was of genuine concern, but Sunggyu could see naive thoughts of worry in his eyes and it only made him realize how actually young he is.

He's doesn't understand these emotions.

"No," Sunggyu lied, pulling his jacket tighter around him as he stepped away. Sunggyu could feel his eyes on him as he walked to his family and ended their silly bickering,  "You guys know we would cover Sungyeol regardless of Myungsoo's childish demands. We should go now though and beat the crowd of hungry teenagers."

"My thoughts exactly," Dongwoo agreed and pulled Sunggyu along towards his car, "Come on Jongie, let's get food."

 

--

 

"Woohyun, you okay man?"

"Leave me alone Kibum," the said boy muttered, taking a drink of his beer begrudgingly. When they arrived at the restaurant, Woohyun had gone for one of the more secluded seats and  saved the other for Sunggyu.

Sunggyu, however, chose to sit at the end so he relocated (thinking that his hyung didn't see him). But since he has sat down, the caramel haired boy hadn't even looked at him. So Woohyun's mood soured and Key seemed to be the only one who cared.

"Come on, this is supposed to be a happy time!" Key laughed and patted his back. Woohyun kept drinking, "Look, if paying for the dinner really bugs you I'll chip in."

"It's not-!" Woohyun started, but quickly caught himself and lowered his voice, "It's not about the bill."

Key stared at him hard, trying to read his expression. He wasn't getting anywhere until his eyes flickered over to Sunggyu, who had been watching Woohyun from the corner of his eyes. He wasn't even eating the bulgogi on his plate, which was a huge indicator of other things considering how ing good the food was.

"I see," he mumbled and turned to look at the others. Dongwoo was cheering loudly, already drunk off his soju, with Sungjong and Sungyeol. Mr. Kim seemed to be a bit out of it as well, giving Myungsoo his pearls of wisdom on his college days. Mrs. Kim, however, was watching them.

When he made eye contact with the woman, he smiled and scooted closer to her.

"So what do you do for a living?" he inquired, moving so that he was blocking her view of the two behind him.

Woohyun noticed what his friend was doing and felt his lips twitch in a smile of appreciation. With the Mrs. distracted, he scooted closer to Sunggyu and reached for his hand.

"S-Stop."

he froze, "Gyu?"

"Stop it."

"Your parents aren't looking."

"I don't care."

Woohyun stared. Sunggyu turned his head away and wished that he would literally just stop. However, Woohyun brought his hand down and took Sunggyu's, then pulled it under the table (out of sight in case someone was watching).

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu hissed and tried to yank it away, but Woohyun wouldn't have it.

"What is up with you? I thought we were good," he snapped back, and then his eyes softened, "Will you tell me what's going on?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Let go of my hand Woohyun."

Woohyun looked at their hands and reluctantly loosened his grip. Sunggyu immediately pulled back and stood up, drawing attention from everyone at the table. He stared at them with furrowed brows, "What? I'm just going to the bathroom."

"Thank God, I have to pee too," Myungsoo stood up while their red faced father continued talking as if he was still listening. Sunggyu didn't wait and just headed off towards the front of the store. He didn't dare look back over his shoulder and instead of turning left for the restroom, he turned right and exited the restaurant.

"Hyung... Hyung!" Myungsoo yelled as he followed him out. Sunggyu stopped by the alley, where the only light provided to them was from some dingy street lamp that was cliché enough to be in horror films.

"What? I thought you had to piss," Sunggyu asked as he pulled out his phone.

"I thought you did too."

"I'm a liar, that's nothing new."

"Then I guess it must run in the family, " Myungsoo walked up next to his brother and looked at his phone, "What are you doing?"

Sunggyu stared blankly at the locked screen, "I don't know... I felt like talking to someone... but I realized there's no one I can."

His younger brother pushed the phone down and caught Sunggyu's gaze, "Did something happen?"

"Not particularly."

"Then why are you acting like someone killed your dog?"

"I am not."

Myungsoo gave him a look. The older boy sighed and pocketed the device, "Let's just say I'm beginning to rethink my life choices."

"About...?"

"Things in general. Don't worry about it. When you get to my age you'll see," Sunggyu smiled and messed with his hair. Myungsoo caught his hand though and simply held it in his own.

"Gyu hyung," he began, "Was it something mom and dad said?"

Sunggyu blinked in surprise, "What do you mean?"

"Daeyeol wanted single shots of Sungyeol and Sungjong was too lazy to go outside, so I stepped out by myself and saw you talking to them. I saw the look on your face, on their faces, and it didn't look like a pleasant conversation."

"Myungsoo-ah."

"What did they tell you?"

Sunggyu huffed in irritation and pulled his hand back, "Nothing too important, don't worry about it. They just... made me face something I already knew."

"Does it have to do with Woohyun?"

"What if it does?"

Myungsoo's brows furrowed in pain, "Gyu, no. Don't do that! You two were so happy together a few days ago. I don't know what they told you but don't throw away what you have-"

"You're making it sound like we're together," Sunggyu rubbed his eyes tiredly, "This was just an trial run. we weren't official. God, are we a couple of teenage girls now?"

"Hyung..."

"Let's go back inside Myungsoo," Sunggyu said and tried to walk past him, but froze when he looked forward and saw Woohyun standing there with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Soo," the brunet began, "Go on ahead without us. Your brother and I need to talk about something."

"Woohyun-hyung! Did you hear-"

"Myung, go."

Sunggyu's voice was hollow and he knew it. Myungsoo looked at him surprised before he nodded and turned back. Sunggyu watched his younger brother go until he disappeared inside the shop, leaving him with a look he knew all too well.

'Don't do something you'll regret.'

"How much did you hear?" Sunggyu asked, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"A lot of cryptic bull."

"Cryptic, huh? Do I have to spell it out for you then?"

"Only if you really mean it."

Sunggyu clenched his fists, "Don't make me say it."

"I'm not making you say anything," Woohyun stepped closer, his hands buried in the pockets of his jeans, "What are you trying to force yourself to say?"

The older boy shut his eyes, hoping he won't come any closer, "I've been thinking Hyun-"

"Oh God," he sighed, "What's been planted into your head this time?"

"Nothing was planted into my head," Sunggyu argued, finally looking up. He was greeted by Woohyun's smile and the anger he felt before disappeared.

"And now you finally look at me," he teased half heartedly, "It's rude not to look people in the eye when spea-"

"I want to spend less time with you. I need a break."

Woohyun froze. Sunggyu could see his whole body tense and that only made his chest hurt more, "You're giving up?"

"I'm not giving up!" he snapped suddenly, unsure of where that even came from.

"What happened hyung?"

"Nothing, Woohyun."

"Something happened. Something made you think. Was it Myungsoo? Hyomin? Dongwoon? Key?"

"No! No one," Sunggyu let out a frustrated grunt, "This is just me... me thinking about some things. I need a little time for myself..."

"That'll be hard Gyu," Woohyun admitted, stepping closer, "I haven't had you for 18 years and you want me to wait more?"

"W-well, you waited didn't you? What's wrong with waiting a little longer?"

"That's just cruel," he huffed and turned his head, staring darkly down the alleyway, "... Was it your parents then?"

Sunggyu's eyes widened slightly and he hesitated to deny it, but that was enough for Woohyun. The boy his heel and started heading back towards the restaurant. , Sunggyu ran after him and grabbed his arm, halting him in his tracks, "And what exactly do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going to talk to them."'

"No you're not."

"Sunggyu."

"No Woohyun."

"What did they say to you?" He questioned, turning to look at him. Sunggyu felt uncomfortable with their closeness and released his arm, but Woohyun just grabbed him gently and pulled him closer, "They must have said something unnecessary. Whatever it was, it's got you acting weird."

"I'm not acting weird."

"... No... not completely then," Woohyun smiled sadly and buried his face in the crook of Sunggyu's neck, "A bit of you is still there, still so honest. If they really changed you, you would have told me you wanted to end it instead."

Sunggyu struggled, but Woohyun wouldn't let him go, "Maybe I'm too nice to do that."

"But you're not, that's not you hyung," Woohyun breathed and sent goose bumps down Sunggyu's neck, "You like me more than you think you do."

"Woohyun-ah..."

He finally let go and looked the caramel haired male square in the eyes, "I won't talk to them... now at least, but what we have here is something I don't want to take a break from."

"Hey-"

"So I won't, because I'm stubborn like that," Woohyun grinned and took Sunggyu's hand, "Now let's get going before Dongwoon thinks we're taking a and goes to get us toilet paper. After all I don't know anyone who stays in the 'bathroom' for this long."

Sunggyu sighed, "You're unbelievable, stubborn, and stupid."

"And you're blunt, you over think things, and you're a horrible liar. We make an odd combination, you and I."

 


Don't freak out, it's anupdate. GASP I haven't done one in forever. I apologize for grammar mistakes and spelling errors, i skimmed the chapter and changed everything i caught but i know i missed some.. I'll fix it later. It's late, I have work tomorrow morning, and I'm hungry. But for now I need to sleep so I don't fall asleep catching up on homework

I recently made an AO3 account (Nouel) and have started posting form Woogyu there, if you're interested, go read it and tell me what you think. Or leave Kudos... thats nice too (you don't need an account to do either.) CLICK ME FOR WOOGYU FIC STUFF

tumblr_nbfa1lA7h81t3yu0bo1_500.gif

(no subliminal messaging here what thats crazy cats dont talk)