Chapter 7

Sleep

"You guys are so cheesy. It was like a poor reenactment of the notebook, I'm not even joking," Myungsoo snickered, dodging the scrap of toast flicked at his head.

"Shut the up Myung."

"I mean, I shouldn't expect any less from Woohyun, but the fact that he was able to pull you into it is amazing! Mom told me about your cynical view of 'love' and that you'd probably be single for the rest of your life. Honestly what does he see in you?"

Sunggyu shrugged. That was actually a good question. What the hell did Woohyun see in him? He was sure he had told him at one point, maybe that night under the stars but Sunggyu could barely think of that at the moment. His mind was still stuck on last night where he had willingly ran to Woohyun and kissed the college student.

What possessed him, he had no idea. But he had actually been feeling ridiculously happy, so much so that he couldn't sleep the rest of the night. He thought his mood would remain for the rest of the day, but he should have known that Myungsoo and his boyfriend were going to ruin it somehow.

Who would have thought that the duo stayed up last night and watched them?

"You're being mean 'Soo," Sungyeol chastised, "I think your brother has a certain charm about him that would attract the ladies... mind you I say ladies. I don't know how Woohyun was attracted... maybe he's secretly a lady himself?"

Sunggyu snorted, "I can reassure you, he is definitely not a girl."

Myungsoo raised a brow and smirked, "Does this imply what I think it implies?"

"You mean that I've seen him shirtless numerous times since I've returned? Then yes, it does."

"You know that's not what I meant," Sunggyu's younger brother chuckled and lightly elbowed Sungyeol's side, "Can you believe that my hyung is this innocent?"

"Please," Sunggyu snorted, picking up his dishes and disappearing into the kitchen, "I'm not a that thinks he knows everything."

"What?! Hyung, you've done it?!"

"That's a little private Myung."

"Woohyun will be jealous."

"He's done it too... I'm pretty sure. There's no way that boy is a ," Sunggyu dropped his dishes in the sink and spun around. He leaned back against the granite counter and regarded Myungsoo with his arms crossed, "Why are we talking about ities?"

"It's just cause he hasn't lost his yet," Sungyeol answered, eyes never leaving his phone. It was strange to see the boy so focused on his cell phone, especially when he had a full plate of food in front of him, steaming hot and with Sunggyu's cooking no less.

Myungsoo noticed it was odd too and peeked over his boyfriend's shoulder. His expression darkened considerably when he saw whatever was on the screen, "She's still texting you?"

"She won't leave me alone."

"And you're sure you don't know her?"

Sungyeol looked up and returned Myungsoo's dark look with a stoic one, "I don't particularly go out of my way to associate myself with gun range carnies that are obsessed with my 'abs' or lack thereof."

Sunggyu choked on his water and coughed harshly, holding back his laughter while Myungsoo continued to fume, "Well you've told her to back off right?"

"'Gun range carnie'? " Sunggyu asked, lips threatening a smile as Myungsoo looked up at him. The boy was clearly upset and only made Sunggyu's urge to laugh stronger.

"This girl has been messaging Sungyeol since yesterday evening. She won't take the hint that she has the wrong person. I told Yeol to just snap at her and be done with it-"

"And although I am a blunt person, I am not rude about it," Sungyeol quickly defended himself, shooting a glare to the dark haired boy, "I have empathy towards people's feelings."

"Well lucky for you, I could give a rat's ," Myungsoo snatched the phone and ran around the island in the middle of the room, taking refugee beside Sunggyu while Sungyeol yelled for him to give his phone back.

"Don't be jealous Myungsoo," Sunggyu managed to get out before he had to bite the inside of his mouth again.

"I have every right to be," Myungsoo mumbled, dialing the number.

"Myungsoo no! Give me back my phone!"

"Let me take care of this first babe."

Sunggyu slapped a hand over his own mouth as Myungsoo stared up at the ceiling, tapping his foot impatiently. He didn't really think about what was going to happen when he gave her Sungyeol's number, he figured the girl would give up when Sungyeol showed no signs of recognition. To see that she was this persistent was highly amusing.

"Myungsoo," Sungyeol walked over and tried to pull the phone away, "Please..."

Sunggyu's brother just stared back and smirked when the call connected. The volume was loud enough for both bystanders to hear the girl answer enthusiastically.

"Hello...Sungyeol? No, this is Myungsoo, his boyfriend. I suggest you stop trying to contact him so we can continue to live our very happy, very gay lives."

"Ha!" Sunggyu yelled, restraining himself again. Sungyeol's eyes were wide as Myungsoo hung up the phone and pecked his lips cutely.

"You're horrible."

"And you're mine," Myungsoo grinned and turned back to Sunggyu, frowning at his brother's state of being. He was hunched over the counter and hugged himself, body shaking while his ears turned red, "You okay hyung?"

"She's so... god, I didn't think she was going to do this," he wheezed, wiping his eyes, "That girl was hella hitting on Woohyun yesterday, so to throw her off I gave her Sungyeol's number."

"What?!"

"Hyung!" Sungyeol whined, "I thought you liked me!"

"I do, but I like watching Myungsoo get flustered more," Sunggyu smirked evilly, "I knew he was going to do like spy on me so I planned my revenge ahead of time."

Myungsoo stared in disbelief. Then his expression darkened and he handed Sungyeol back his phone, muttering under his breath as he left the kitchen. Sunggyu heard the front door shut but didn't pay any mind to it and walked into his living room with the tall boy trailing behind him, "Why not give her Myungsoo's number?"

"No offense, but your jealousy is worse than his. You'd probably seriously injure the girl in one of your pranks. Myungsoo may be protective but he's not out for blood... most of the time," Sunggyu sat down on the couch and calmly drank his coffee, "I'm surprised our parents haven't come down to see what all the yelling was about."

"They left yesterday afternoon for some sort of get together with their friends in Busan. You were on your date with Woohyun hyung so we sent them off."

"It wasn't..." Sunggyu trailed off. He couldn't actually deny it anymore. Yesterday was his date with Woohyun, but it just felt so weird to admit something he had been accustomed to denying.

Sungyeol sent him a knowing smile and made himself comfy beside the elder, "Haaa, life is good hyung."

"You only say that because you graduate in a few days."

"And I can't wait. Then I'm off to college."

"Have you decided where you want to go?"

Sungyeol shrugged, "Maybe Yonsei? If I'm lucky. Myungsoo for sure knows he wants to go to Seoul Uni."

"Ah, one of S.K.Y's Universities. Those are good choices, difficult to get into though. I have faith in you both... well maybe not Myungsoo but you definitely."

Sungyeol laughed punched Sunggyu's arm with enough force to make him set his cup down before he spilt it, "You don't mean that! Myungsoo's smart!"

"Book smart... not street smart," then, the front door opened and Myungsoo waltzed in, dragging a disoriented and confused looking Woohyun.

It was obvious that the boy had been sleeping when he was 'kidnapped'; his hair was disheveled and his clothes were ruffed up. He was still wearing his house slippers and he looked to be fighting the urge to close his eyes and sleep.

"I think you remember how Woohyun is in the morning," Myungsoo smirked and shoved the older boy on the couch. Woohyun landed next to Sunggyu, partially on top of him actually, and blinked around confused.

"Um... what are you doing?"Sungyeol frowned while Sunggyu watched Woohyun with wide eyes. He knew exactly what Myungsoo wanted and honestly it wasn't fair.

Myungsoo held a finger to his lips and shushed him, "Watch."

Before Sunggyu could move away without making himself known, Woohyun's head rolled to the side and his unfocused eyes landed on him. Still tired, the college student curled closer to Sunggyu, wrapping his arm around his waist while he sank further into the couch. His legs stretched out at uncomfortable angles, but that was hardly his issue at the moment. Sunggyu was effectively trapped by a human straight jacket.

Myungsoo laughed while Sunggyu glared daggers at him, "You are a brat."

"And you messed with my boyfriend."

"No, I messed with you."

"Through my boyfriend."

"God, you two are definitely related," Sungyeol sighed. Sunggyu would have retorted something clever if Woohyun hadn't scared the living daylights out of him.

The brunet suddenly sat up and looked wildly around the room. He had retracted himself so fast from Sunggyu that the elder actually fell forward and nearly off the couch if his little 'blanket' hadn't been there to catch him. Sunggyu figured his reflexes were from soccer and thanked the heavens that he had them.

"Where am I?" he asked, then glanced down, "... You're not my pillow."

"And you're not letting go of me."

"Oh," Woohyun released him and Sunggyu let out an undignified squeak as he actually fell off the couch. Sungyeol and Myungsoo chortled like pigs at the sight while Sunggyu glared at them.

Woohyun smiled down sleepily and helped pull Sunggyu back on the couch before curling closer to the male, "Why am I here?"

"Ask Myungsoo. He tried to use you as some sort of Chinese finger trap on me."

"But he held your body."

"I held hyung's body?" Woohyun looked up. The way he worded it made Sunggyu's ears flush a light pink and the elder deepened his glare towards his younger brother.

"Ignore him. He's just upset about the prank we pulled yesterday."

"Yester..." Woohyun trailed off, his lips blooming into a carefree smile as he made himself more comfortable besides Sunggyu, daring to rest his hand on the elder's knee. It seemed his smile glowed brighter when the elder lazily placed his own hand on top of it, "Yesterday was great."

"Yeah, we saw your little romantic escapade," Sungyeol winked, "Not too bad hyung."

"Thanks Yeol. If you need Myungsoo to step up his game, I'll gladly 'tutor' for a price."

"If it's anything relating to me, I forbid it," Sunggyu stated sternly.

Myungsoo nodded in agreement and crossed his arms defensively, "And I'm plenty romantic, thank you very much. I just don't smother my romance in cheese like you do."

"I don't know," Sungyeol mumbled quietly, intending for only the two on the couch to hear him, "He could use a little to grease up those creative gears."

"Hey! You like my style!"

"Your style is as romantic as the Titanic, smooth sailing in the beginning and then BAM!" Sungyeol clapped his hand dramatically, startling everyone in the room, "It goes downhill from there... or underwater if you're really about the analogy."

"B-But... but..."

"I'm liking you more and more Sungyeol," Sunggyu smiled, "If I was born in 2000 and open to dating men at your age, I'd definitely be all over you."

"Hey!" Both Woohyun and Myungsoo snapped in unison, causing the other two to laugh.

"Well hyung," Sungyeol began, standing up and approaching his boyfriend, "If your cheeks were less chubby and your cold expression  less intimidating... I would have agreed to a date."

"This is so not happening," Woohyun groaned and rubbed his eyes, "The man I've been perusing since I was four, the same man who rejected me twice, just expressed interest in a kid that evolved from owls."

"I said 'if' Hyun," Sunggyu smirked, pinching the younger boy's cheeks, "Don't be so childish."

"Since you were four?" Myungsoo whistled , "That's dedication. So stay with your boy toy hyung and leave mine alone."

"You guys are weird," Sunggyu stood, missing the frown Woohyun sent him when he untangled their fingers, "I need to shower and Woohyun needs to get dressed."

"Huh?" the said boy stared down at his clothes, "... Oh right."

"And you two," He continued, pointing at the boys, "You have chores to do while mom and dad are gone."

"What?! That's so unfair! You're lying."

"Check the fridge if you don't believe me," The two raced off into the next room and complained loudly at the paper taped to the white door. Sunggyu chuckled light heartedly and looked back at Woohyun, who appeared to be dozing off once more. He placed a gentle hand on his hair and ruffled it playfully, "Hey."

"Hn?"

"Go eat breakfast. I figured Myungsoo was going to pull some sort of like this so I made you an extra plate. I might have portioned you a little more Galbi than what I gave yeol and 'soo."

Woohyun smiled and leaned into his touch, which changed to soothing threading, "You're the best."

"I know."'

"I'm so lucky to have you."

Sunggyu shook his head with a small chuckle and released him, patting his shoulder gently to urge him out of his seat, "Get up. Maybe we can do something later."

"Maybe," Woohyun mumbled and trudged towards the kitchen. Sunggyu watched him go and brushed his bangs back, his hair lightly as he let out a huff, This is almost too natural. Is this what dating is supposed to be like?

 

--

 

"Technically he's not my boyfriend," Woohyun corrected as Myungsoo attempted to make them uncomfortable.

For the past four days, Sunggyu and Woohyun had been lazing about with each other and doing simple, boring things (which would have actually been boring if they had done it alone).

On one day they were in Sunggyu's room, rearranging his belongings that had been packed away courtesy of his mother. She had found the box after she returned from her reunion, it was somewhere tucked away in the corner of the attic and apologized profusely for the late additions. She was remorseful mainly because it held all of Sunggyu's sentimental possessions, which the elder would have been devastated to live without.

They had spent that day reminiscing; It was fun until Woohyun poked fun at him. Then the next two days were spent at Woohyun's house playing video games, marathoning movies, and making fun of whatever stereotypical drama popped up on screen.

Today Woohyun decided to be productive, which meant leaving the house. Sunggyu had complained and said he was totally fine becoming fat and lazy, but Woohyun insisted they go back to the bakery and get more treats from Mrs. Lee.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were there with another friend and couldn't miss an opportunity to poke fun at the developing couple.

After Ms. Lee, the halmoni, took their order, the three took it upon themselves to invade their table and try to embarrass them. Myungsoo had said something about Sunggyu being a lazy boyfriend to elicit that response from the soccer player.

"Wait..." Sungyeol frowned, "But... that night..."

"Was the end of a date," Sunggyu shrugged. He really didn't like discussing the kiss Sungyeol was implying. Just thinking about it was embarrassing enough. He unconsciously shifted closer to Woohyun in an attempt to hide himself. Too bad everyone noticed and cooed at his behavior.

"We're going at our own pace," Woohyun quickly cleared up, trying to take the attention off of Sunggyu. The elder was grateful, but it didn't have the result he was hoping.

"Hyung is just stubborn, he'll cave soon."

"Shut up Myung."

"Make me Gyu."

Sungyeol snorted unattractively and leaned over to the feminine faced boy, "See what I have to deal with?"

"Please, I'm the one who deserves pity here," he replied, scratching the back of his auburn hair, "I was supposed to go to the city today but you made me move my plans so we could 'hang out' and all we've done is sit here and eat macaroons. Sorry, all I've done was sit here and eat macaroons. You and your gross boyfriend have been flirting nonstop."

"Myungsoo can flirt? Fascinating," Sunggyu awed, dodging a punch aimed for his side. That just made him closer to Woohyun, he held no objections and took the opportunity to sneak a hard around his waist. Sunggyu shot him a quick glare before he faced the boy. Their friend and fellow male in distress was incredibly familiar, but he didn't know from where.

"Kim Sunggyu," he introduced himself, "Myungsoo's older brother."

"Ah... Lee Sungjong," Sungjong smiled back, "My dad has told me about you."

"Whose your dad?"

"Jang Dongwoo."

" I knew it!" the elder clapped his hands, "You do look familiar, now I see why! You father would not stop showing me your baby pictures. Jesus, he's so proud of you."

"That's because I'm amazing," Sungjong mimicked throwing back his hair and garnered a few chuckles from his friends.

"I can see you inherited his confidence... but not his modesty."

"Well I don't mean to be a show off, but I'm not one to put myself down either."

"Well said."

"Dang Jongie, Myungsoo and Sungyeol should learn a thing or two from you," Woohyun laughed, rubbing Sunggyu's side absentmindedly, "They're a wreck when they're dealing with normal people."

"That's cause they're gullible," Myungsoo shrugged, "And you're not one to talk. You're the most childish person here! It's a wonder you've managed to nag someone as mature as hyung."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and expected Woohyun to call him a little or something, but the college student just stared blankly at them. The air was a little tense after that and Sunggyu wondered if Myungsoo may have touched on a sensitive topic.

"Hey hyung," Woohyun began suddenly, "I have an idea."

Sunggyu sensed a certain playfulness in his words and carried it on through his, "Yes Woohyun?"

"Why don't we do something those brats can't do?"

"What an excellent thought! What do you have in mind?"

Woohyun pretended to mull over different options, exaggerating  with a loud 'HMMMM', "Ah! Let's go to a bar!"

"A fantastic idea," Sunggyu hooked arms with him and smirked at his dongsaengs, "So long children."

Sungjong groaned and buried his face in his arms, "I can't believe he's my godfather."

Sunggyu chose to ignore that and laughed all the way out the shop, Woohyun grinning childishly beside him. It wasn't until they were in his car that they realized they left without getting their food.

"We left our treats!"

"Oh... Well we can't go back in their now. That would be a low blow to my pride," Woohyun shrugged and started up the engine, "I'll get you something sweet later, I promise."

"There's nothing sweet at a bar Hyun."

"We're not going to a bar."

Sunggyu glanced over. Woohyun was avoiding eye contact and continued driving peacefully. Sunggyu felt a weight on his thigh and sure enough, the brunet's hand was resting there, "You're getting a little too comfortable there."

"Aren't I allowed to?"

"Did I ever say you could?"

"You never said I couldn't," he gave him a light squeeze. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and tried to shift away but Woohyun wouldn't let him. They continued to bicker until the younger male came to a stop in front of a train station and sat back in his seat.

Sunggyu looked outside and scanned the people coming and going from the building, "Why are we here?"

"Waiting for a friend. His name is Kibum and he's going to stay with me for a few days before he heads down to Daegu. You're going to meet him again when we go to Seoul but I want to introduce you a head of time."

"Yeah?"

Woohyun nodded eagerly, "He's my best friend, after you hyung. We've been inseparable since my first year of college, he helped me adjust and has seen me at my worst."

"Oh? So I haven't?"

"No, and I hope you never do."

Sunggyu was a little taken aback, would he say his jealous? Only slightly, "So what was the deal then that one night?"

The soccer player laughed, "You're going to have to be a little more specific."

"Do you want me do?"

"Probably not..." Woohyun's smile slowly fell and he looked back to Sunggyu, "I know what you're talking about, and that's not my worst. I was pretty desperate though, a little hurt but you haven't seen me... lose myself."

"And you have before?"

"I have."

Sunggyu adjusted himself so he was facing more towards the driver. He took Woohyun's hand off his leg but kept it in his own, carefully picking his words so he wouldn't sound... weird, "What made you like that?  Is there a trigger I should know about?"

Woohyun shook his head, "It was stupid, don't worry."

"Hyun -"

"Kibum!" the younger male suddenly yelled and scrambled out of the car. Sunggyu turned around and saw a tall blonde male, barely taller than himself, squinting at the black mustang. His expression brightened when he got a look at Woohyun and caught the shorter boy when he flung himself at him.

Sunggyu had to laugh, Kibum was unable to support both of their weights and stumbled back into another person. Woohyun continued to jump up and down in his arms and it wasn't until Sunggyu left the car that he heard him repeat 'Kibum! Kibum! Kibum!' immaturely.

"Woohyun! Yes, hi, great to see you too but could you let go of me?" Kibum asked, attempting to pry him off.

"Never! This is your first time in my home town, I'm so excited!" Woohyun reluctantly pulled back, only to sling an arm around his shoulder, "God there's so much I have to show you. You definitely have to try the creampuffs at Lee's Bakery, and then we're going to check out the arcade they put into the mall last month and then-"

"Dude, calm down. Before we do anything, I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?"

Sunggyu intended to eavesdrop more, but a pair of hands snuck up behind him and blinded his eyes. He let out a surprised yell and instinctively grabbed the perpetrators hands.  A female voice drifted to his ears  and spoke in a teasing manor, "Gyugyu~"

"Nicole?" he guessed and his vision was restored.

Nicole turned him around and smiled at his shocked expression, "You look so cute when you're scared, but that's just the sadistic side of me speaking."

"You always had a little dominatrix hidden inside you, hey!" he avoided a punch, "So care to tell me why you decided to take five years away from my life?"

"I just felt like it. I gotta look young some way," she smirked and twirled the ends of her brown hair, "I'm actually here to pick up my niece. Her college just got out for the summer and she wanted to stay with me. She said something about fixing a relationship, not entirely sure what that means but she's always been a strange one."

"Huh, good luck with that."

"What about you?" She turned her attention back to Sunggyu and absentmindedly picked at some fuzz on his clothes, "Did your brother go somewhere?"

"Nope, that brat won't go anywhere without his other half," he chuckled, "I'm here with-"

"What do you mean 'she's on her way here'?!" Woohyun's panicked voice drew the attention from those around him, including Sunggyu and Nicole. The brunet had retracted himself from Kibum, who looked as apologetic as Woohyun did scared.

"Hey, Dongwoon said he was accompanying her here last minute. I had no idea she actually lived here until I boarded the train," Key tried to defend himself, "They road here with me too, but Dongwoon's got the bladder the size of an ant so those two went off to the bathroom while I looked for you."

", why here? Why now of all times?" Woohyun groaned and turned to look at Sunggyu, eyes widening when he saw him out of the car, "Hyung, you could have waited inside."

"And melted? I don't think so."

Nicole giggled beside him and the elder looked down at her. She grinned mischievously, "Is this the boy we discussed last time?"

"Possibly."

"He's cute."

"Don't get any ideas. You're a married woman now."

"I can look at the menu, I just can't order."

"Whose this?" Woohyun asked as he approached them with Kibum, noting how comfortable they looked conversing.

Sunggyu knew he was slightly jealous and tried to ease the tension with his introduction, "This is Nicole Jung, my ex who's happily married and expecting... speaking of which you're starting to show already. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?"

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or slap you," she deadpanned, to which Kibum laughed, "Too early to tell, still praying on a girl though. You must be Woohyun right? Gyu has told me so much about you."

"Is that so... Nice to meet you noona" Woohyun bowed politely, "Hyung, this is Kibum."

Sunggyu remained silent, waiting for him to continue but it seemed that he was done with his introduction. Kibum glared at the brunet and hit the back of his head, "Are you serious? That's the best you've got for me?"

"What?! I've already told him everything on the ride here!"

"You punk," he rolled his eyes and stuck out his hand, "Kim Kibum. You must be the Illusive Kim Sunggyu. No offense but I pictured you to be... older."

"Really?" Sunggyu returned the handshake.

"Woohyun said you were like 30 or something, but I think he was messing with me."

"No, he isn't," Nicole smirked, "He looks very good for his age, doesn't he? Little Gyu~"

"Leave my cheeks alone Tweety," Sunggyu dodged her hand again and stood partially behind Woohyun. He didn't know what kind of expression he was showing, but it was enough for Kibum to laugh and point at the soccer player.

"Get that smug smile off your face!"

"Shut up!"

"God you're such a dork Woo."

Sunggyu and Nicole exchanged a look with each other while the two continued to bicker. Nicole's eyes flickered behind him and she started squealing. She pushed past the group of men and ran to two people exiting the station. The elder watched as she bypassed the taller male and took the shorter petite girl with long caramel hair-very similar to Sunggyu's - into her arms.

The two continued to make hyperactive high pitched noises while the male from before waved at Woohyun and approached them, "Woohyun! What's up man?"

"Dongwoon," Woohyun greeted the foreign looking male with a weary smile, "What are you doing here?"

"I came here with Hyomin. She didn't want to travel alone, but we had no idea that Kibum was coming either. Think you could put me up for the rest of her trip?"

"I don't have a problem with that, but... it's just so sudden. "

"Good," Dongwoon glanced back at the hugging girls before he leaned forward and whispered, "Between you guys and me... I'm hoping something will happen here."

"You are huh?"

"Yeah Kibummie, I can feel it."

Sunggyu stood back and watched Woohyun and Key glance at each other before nodding. Woohyun smiled and patted his back, "Good luck. Listen, I gotta take Kibum back and drop his stuff off at my house. If you want I could take yours-"

"Woohyun!" the girl Nicole was with ran over and threw herself at the said male. Sunggyu's eyes went wide, they were a little too close for his taste but he remained quiet and studied them. He didn't want to make any judgments just yet, he already knew what jumping to conclusions was like and would rather not repeat that same result (after all, he almost lost Woohyun because of it).

"Hyomin," Woohyun breathed in disbelief and patted her back gently. His eyes focused back on Sunggyu though and he quickly pushed her off, "What are you doing here?"

Wait... Hyomin?

The girl smiled, her large eyes curling prettily as she responded, "School is over silly, what did you expect me to do? Stay in Seoul? I'm homesick."

"But... you don't live here."

"I'm here visiting my aunt," she motioned back to Nicole, "That still counts as home!"

"I see..."

"Ah..." Sunggyu observed quietly, catching the attention  of the two boys beside him, "She's the one, eh?"

"The one?"

"Yup," Kibum confirmed, ignoring Dongwoon, "I'm surprised he told you."

"He tells me everything. That brat has never been able to lie to me," Sunggyu shrugged and looked up at the tall newcomer, "Kim Sunggyu."

"Son Dongwoon," he smiled, "You know, you're the only person I've ever seen bring Woohyun to cry, and over the phone no less! That kid didn't even cry when he broke his leg!"

"Really? He cried? Wait... I remember... I didn't think he was with other people."

Dongwoon laughed and hit his back playfully, "It took us forever to get him to calm down. You know he disappeared for two weeks so he could take his exams early? He didn't even say bye! He just up and vanished!"

"That punk, he shouldn't take tests so lightly."

"He didn't," Kibum stepped in, "I saw him a few times at the cafe, he had his nose buried deep in books whenever I was there. Hell he didn't notice me half the time."

"Well that's because he's oblivious almost always."

"Hey!" Woohyun yelled, catching their attention, "Are you bonding? You can't bond."

Sunggyu frowned, "Wasn't that the whole point of me coming here?"

"Well, yes and no... It was to keep me company."

Kibum rolled his eyes, "Don't be stupid Woohyun and hurry the up. I'm hungry and you promised me food."

"Right, right," he pulled himself away from Hyomin, quite eagerly at that, and forced a smile (at least that's how it seemed to Sunggyu: fake as hell), "I'll see you another time."

"Don't think you can avoid me this summer Nam Woohyun," she teased and punched his arm, "You've got to show me around town sometime soon."

"I can do that-" Nicole was silenced with a glare from her niece and Woohyun nodded rapidly in agreement.

"She can. I've got plans, but maybe we'll run into each other. Dongwoon! Are you going to accompany her home?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah," Dongwoon grinned, "Come get me later?"

"Just shoot me a text."

"Thanks," he turned to Sunggyu and bowed once more, "Nice meeting you Sunggyu-ssi."

"Please, call me hyung," the elder smiled.

"Sunggyu...?" Hyomin repeated, her voice loud enough for Sunggyu to hear her. He looked over at the girl and locked eyes with her. It was apparent that she seemed shocked but... was that irritation accompanying it?

"Okay guys, let's get out of here," Woohyun grabbed Kibum's duffle bag and tugged it towards his car. Kibum laughed at his suffering and hooked arms with Sunggyu, effectively breaking eye contact with the girl and pulling him away.

"I've got so much on Woohyun, it's not even funny," he grinned mischievously, "I'll share my info if you share yours."

"Deal."

"Hey! Don't plot against me!" Woohyun whined and shoved them in the car. He yelled farewell loudly to his other friends and Sunggyu had barely got his seatbelt on before he tore down the road at a fast speed.

Sunggyu shrieked when he narrowly missed a car pulling out and grabbed Woohyun's arm, "Slow down! Are you insane!?"

The boy didn't reply until the hit a red light a few minutes later. Sunggyu was breathing hard, his heart racing, and glared at the younger boy. Woohyun gripped his steering wheel tightly and looked back over his shoulder, giving Kibum a hard look, "What the is she planning?"

"I don't know."

"But you road the train with her. Did she mention something to you?"

"Nothing, only that she was really looking forward to something."

"," Woohyun cursed, "This is great, just great."

"You okay there Sunggyu-ssi?" Kibum asked when he noticed the elder clutch his chest. Woohyun's eyes went wide and he looked over to see  Sunggyu slightly hunched forward, his brows pinched up in pain.

"'m fine. Still healing is all," he said. The speed his heart was beating at was a little uncomfortable. His doctors had recommended staying out of high risk situations  for at least two months, and so far he was doing just fine with that. The last time he felt this pain was with Woohyun, the night he was aggressive. He thought it was just his stitches tearing open, but clearly it wasn't.

"Hyung," Woohyun reached over and grabbed his hand, "I'm sorry. I just... I had to get away."

"I don't understand why though. She's your ex, so what? You said you ended it on good terms."

"Good terms? For Woohyun maybe," Kibum scoffed, "She's still pissed though."

Before Woohyun could defend himself, the light turned green and the people behind him honked loudly. He jousted the car forward and waved apologetically out the window before he moved. Sunggyu's pain had decreased significantly, but Woohyun's hand remained in his. When Sunggyu let him go, he rested on top of his knee which seemed to be the norm for their drives.

Kibum noticed this and smirked, "Yah, when did this happen?"

"What?" Woohyun looked at him through the mirror. Kibum rolled his eyes once more and leaned forward so he was only talking to Sunggyu.

"This guy is going to be a handful, you know," he warned, "He's clingy and childish-"

"- has a temper, lacks self restraint, sleeps at odd angles, and doesn't know the definition of personal space," Sunggyu continued with a playful grin of his own, "I know what I'm getting myself into."

"That's just mean," Woohyun frowned, "But no Key, 'This' didn't happen yet. It's still happening."

"'Key'?"

"During freshman year, a lot of students got locked out of their dorm. Kibum knows how to get in because his uncle is a locksmith and would help those students out... for a price. He used to be called 'Master Key', but then it changed to 'Almighty Key' and since that's too long it's now just 'Key'."

"Wow... Impressive?"

"Flattery will not distract me. You two are not... official?" Sunggyu shook his head when he realized Key was still addressing him. The blond boy let out a low whistle, "Damn... I admire your patience."

Woohyun smiled, "It pays off, trust me."

Sunggyu scoffed, "I'm still here you know."

"You're being stubborn Sunggyu-ssi."

"I'm... being myself."

"And that's stubborn? Damn, now I really admire you Woohyun."

"Don't admire me, pity me," Woohyun huffed, "You're ruining our date."

Sunggyu blinked in surprise, "This is a date?"

"Of course it is!" he replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Now that I know you're willing to try, I'm working extra hard to make you comfortable with this... us."

"Greasy," Kibum gagged.

 Sunggyu was still confused though. He glanced down at his hand before he spoke, "But you said the difference between a date and hanging out was..."

"Oh right," Woohyun stopped at another light and released Sunggyu's knee. He used that hand to cup the back of Sunggyu's head and pull him closer.

The brunet leaned forward and stole a kiss from the elder; it was a quick peck but still just as sweet as the one they shared days ago. Kibum whined and shielded his eyes while Sunggyu's cheeks flushed as red as his ears. Woohyun pulled back and gave him a eating grin; Sunggyu's fists twitched to punch him but at the moment all he could do was glare.

"You brat."

"Hey, you brought it up. I had nearly forgotten," Woohyun shrugged and leaned back, smiling blissfully to the open road.

"God... That was the first time... I have ever seen... Woohyun kiss a man," Kibum chocked on his laughter, "He really has it bad for you."

"I know, it's annoying," Sunggyu huffed and pretended to be mad, but honestly he was just humiliated. Woohyun gave no regard for his best friend and still openly kissed him. It was embarrassing... but cute in the only way Woohyun could be, This cheeky brat.

 

 


I'm sure you guys are worried about angst because of Sunggyu's condition. I'm going to reassure you now that this will not end with character death and Sunggyu is completely fine. Don't worry ^^ Now Woohyun on the other hand... he's gonna suffer mentally. What's the deal with Hyomin eh? Thanks for reading!

tumblr_ma01l5fENL1qev4ppo1_r1_500.gif

In case you didn't notice, I used the girl from the drama, 'The Thousandth Man'. Sunggyu made a cameo too! 
I hold no ill will to her. How could I? She's so cute!