Chapter 5

Sleep

He didn't notice it at first. It was small, speckled and barely contrasted against the vanilla walls. He was picking up Sunggyu's discarded jacket when it caught his eye; blood, small amounts of it. Aside from the forgotten coat, it was the only evidence left behind from that night.

Woohyun's fingers gently touched the dried color, brows furrowed as he replayed yesterday's events in his mind. He had pushed him against the wall, unintentionally, but not hard enough to make him bleed... right?

All he wanted was to talk to him, for him to listen, to understand. He wasn't  asking for much either, just for Sunggyu to stop seeing him as some four year old brat. Woohyun was older now, he's lived long enough to experience new things and learn from his mistakes. His whole life consisted of trial and error, of ups and make ups.

He's changed now; he's ready, willing, and able. Why can't Sunggyu see that?

Woohyun didn't remember leaving the door unlocked, but was quick to hide his surprise when Myungsoo's voice filled the silence in his living room.

"Why'd you do it?"

"Do what?" Woohyun turned around, smiling gently, "What did I do?"

"You kissed him."

"I did."

"Why?" Myungsoo was getting angry, Woohyun noticed. He always did that thing with his lips, where it straightened into a thin line and quivered, "Why did you do it?"

"Because he wasn't listening-"

"So you attack him?! Sunggyu? The same man that grew up in a conservative past where being with another man was preposterous?!"

"This isn't the 90's. He is no longer stuck with expectations. Hell your parents took your confession just fine."

"So because I like men you think he does?" Myungsoo scoffed, "That is the most ignorant form of thinking I have ever heard."

"It's not like that," Woohyun quickly corrected, feeling his own anger kindle in his chest, "It is not an assumption. I know something is there. I can see it when he's with me, he just doesn't realize-"

"What if he doesn't realize because there isn't anything there? What if you're over thinking it, hyung? " he spat, "I am so disgusted with you right now I can't even... I just..."

"I did not force myself on him-"

"So he wanted to kiss you?"

"That was a mistake. Heat of the moment, I was upset but I did not trap him and I did not take advantage of him. I simply told him the truth."

"What truth?"

Woohyun stared back at the wall, scanning the red with his eyes, "That these feelings I have are not to be taken lightly, and now that he knows he shouldn't do as such."

Myungsoo sighed exasperatedly, "What were you thinking Woohyun? He's my brother. My older brother, stuck in chronic sleep for 18 years. He didn't just automatically adapt to the time when we woke up. He still hasn't-"

"And he needs to!" Woohyun snapped back, "He's trapped in his mind! Did you know that when he was in my room, he broke down in his sleep? He cried because he was ing terrified of what happened. He's scared of everything he doesn't recognize and he needs to adjust. This is certainly not how I wanted it to happen, but maybe if a reality check slapped him in the face he would wake up-"

"Reality did not 'slap him in the face,' Woohyun. You kissed him."

He stepped closer, eyes boring into the younger male's eyes, "He suspected, he knew. Ask him yourself."

 Woohyun  could see the boy using every drop of self restraint he had in him to possibly not punch him in the face. The sight was amusing, but concerned Woohyun. He had never seen Myungsoo act like this, and it was starting to make him rethink his past actions.

"Give me the jacket," Myungsoo spoke after a long silence and held out his hand expectantly.

Woohyun glanced at the black material and back at him, "I think I'll keep it for now. He has to face me sooner or later, and he'll probably need an excuse for sooner rather than later."

"Are you serious?"

"Have I joked once since we've started talking?"

"You're despicable," he growled and turned back to the door.

"Au revior, Myungpoo!" Woohyun cooed as the front door was slammed and his mother came running from the kitchen.

"What was that? Was someone just here?" she directed her questions towards Woohyun, who remained staring at the door.

The said boy turned and gave her a small smile, "It's nothing mom, just Myungsoo coming over to say hello."

"He sounded so angry, what happened?"

"You were listening, weren't you?" her eyes fell with guilt as she was caught red handed. Woohyun sighed and stepped closer, taking her hands gently into his, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way-"

"What? That my son is... different? Or that he attacked his best friend last night?"

"I didn't attack him!"

"It was against his will, wasn't it?"

"He didn't resist."

"Did you let him?"

"Mom," he spoke quietly, a slight plea of desperation in his voice, "As soon as he was uncomfortable I stopped. I didn't keep him here, he left on his own accord, but he needed to understand that... he can't keep doing this to me."

"Doing what?" she asked, genuinely concerned, "What, my son?"

"He pretends like nothing is going on and it hurts. He's still getting use to us, to me being older, but he treats me like I'm a child! I just- it's not fair..."

"Woohyun-"

"It doesn't matter," the boy pulled himself away from his mother and walked to the kitchen. He reemerged minutes later with a wet rag and walked back to the wall. Woohyun's gaze lingered on the red flakes before he clenched his jaw and whipped them away, "I'm going out. Don't wait up for me."

"Where are you going?"

One last swipe, and the wall was clean. All evidence of Sunggyu's visit officially gone, except for the jacket, "Out."

Mrs. Nam sighed, but before she could talk to Woohyun the said boy tossed the rag on the coffee table and left the room. The last thing she heard was the jingle of keys and the front door closing before being completely alone.

 

--

 

"Hold still Mr. Kim. Honestly if you can't even do that then we'll have to sedate you."

"What?!" Sunggyu gaped, "You actually sedate people for procedures like this?"

The doctor, Lee Jinki, shrugged, "I myself never had to do it, but other people in this hospital have. We've sedated patients for less, please don't add to that record."

Sunggyu swallowed thickly and suppressed the urge to flinch as he felt the pressure of the needle enter his skin. They had numbed up the open area on his chest so that he couldn't feel the actual penetration, but the tugging and poking was... uncomfortable.

Sunggyu wished he was still at home sleeping, but the boy woke up at 8 in the morning to a nauseating sensation and looked down to see that his stitches had torn open. When he saw them last night there was only a slight tear from Woohyun's aggressive behavior, but a night of restless sleep made the injury worse. His blankets and shirt were stained red and Sunggyu knew he needed to see a doctor immediately.

"So," Dr. Lee pulled him from his thoughts, "Walk me through how this happened. It's not every day we get a sleeper back in here because of torn stitches."

"Why are you so keen to know?" Sunggyu asked back, shifting again when he felt a particularly painful tug, "I-I thought this wasn't suppose to hurt."

"Must be wearing off. Don't worry, we're almost done. Now besides being your doctor and needing to know how you hurt yourself for your personal safety, a few of the boys and I have a bet going on."

"What kind of bet?"

"You tell me how this happened, and I'll tell you the bet," The doctor smirked and tied off the end of the string. He disposed of the necessary tools required for the procedure and leaned back against his chair, writing off the results on a chart while sending Sunggyu expectant looks.

The caramel haired male sighed and fitted his shirt back over his shoulder before he explained, "It was an accident. A friend treated me rough and ripped it open."

"Well considering that this was almost completely closed up, your friend would have had to use a lot of force to open it that much."

"Well, my sleeping pattern had something to do with that, or lack thereof."

Dr. Lee stopped writing and looked up, "Does your friend know?"

Sunggyu shook his head, "I don't plan on seeing him for a while. At this point we're probably not even friends anymore..."

He nodded thoughtfully and set aside the chart. Dr. Lee stood to close the door before making himself comfortable back in his seat, "You're due for a check-up in a few days, why not have it now? That is, if you're not busy."

He eyed him carefully, "Sure... okay, I've got time I guess."

"How are you adjusting to your home life, Mr. Kim?"

"Fine. I help my mother around the house while my brother goes to school and my father works. It's a typical family set up."

"So there are no issues with them?"

"None. Teasing here and there but that's happened since before I... Was 'asleep', I guess."

"So you're being treated fairly?"

Sunggyu stared blankly at him and deadpanned, "I am not being abused Dr. Lee."

The man held his hands up defensively, "These are questions we need to ask Mr. Kim. I assure you I do not assume anything of you and your family, although..."

"What?"

"Your other relationships concern me."

Sunggyu scoffed and shook his head, "Please, this was a petty fight. It's not going to be a reoccurring-"

"I'm more curious of what triggered it. What did you and this friend discuss?"

"I believe that is a private matter. I am not obligated to share that," Sunggyu reached for his jacket, "I remember I have a previous engagement to attend to. I'm afraid I'll have to finish this check-up later."

He only got as far as the door when Dr. Lee spoke again, the man was calm, but his voice held a certain firmness that gave Sunggyu an uneasy feeling, "2018 is not how you expected it to be, is it? I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you this; you're physically here but you're mind is not. I understand that change is difficult, even scary at times, but it is a must in order to survive. When we woke you, we told you that you were the first successful patient, remember?"

"As I recall, I was the only patient."

"What I am about to tell you, Mr. Kim, is something that could potentially violate patient- doctor confidentiality, so I'd appreciate it if you closed the door."

Sunggyu stared down the doctor. His face lacked the emotion needed to allude to humor, so he closed the door and took a seat on the plastic chair beside it, meant for relatives and other visitors, "Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like what I hear?"

"Because you're very perceptive. I did not lie to you when I said you were the first successful case, but you were not the only case," he continued, "We've had seven undergo the procedure after you and three woke up before you."

He gaped, "There are others? Can I meet them? How soon did they wake up?"

"No. These patients woke up 5 years before you. They were healthy young men after their treatment, but mentally unstable," Dr. Lee approached Sunggyu and put his hands on his shoulders, "They were not like you. They couldn't adapt. They were lost in their past and because of this, they took their lives."

No. Sunggyu didn't want to listen. That feeling was all too familiar and if it wasn't for Dongwoo's support he would still be feeling those urges. He tried to pull the doctor's arms off him, "I don't want to hear anymore of this-"

"But that's the thing. You must. I can see your resolve wavering and I get the feeling that you might do something you'll regret-"

"I'm not suicidal!"

"You're not. Not yet at least."

"Doctor-"

"Take care of yourself Sunggyu," the man finally stepped back, a sad smile marring his slightly wrinkled features, "You're a strong boy, your body is ideal and you seem like a bright kid. I don't know what happened with you and your friend, but it concerns me. Try to make amends, you should treat the relationships you have now as special gifts."

Sunggyu didn't say anything. Frankly, he didn't know what to say. The boy simply left hurriedly, hoping to get to his car before he punched a nurse in the face. No, he really wouldn't like injuring people. Maybe if Woohyun was around-

Again with Woohyun. My, my, Sunggyu. For someone hell bent on hating that person, you sure do think of him a lot.

Sunggyu froze.  No. He did not just think of Woohyun.

His sudden lack of movement caused a woman to run into him. She let out a light 'Oof' and stumbled back. Sunggyu, being raised like a gentlemen (courtesy of his mother), spun around with apologies spewing from his lips and the intent to see if she was unharmed.

His words died as he scanned her familiar features, "Nicole?"

"... Sunggyu?" her brown eyes widened as she gasped. She covered her open mouth with her pretty hands, the shock of her reaction making the brown curls resting on her shoulder's to bounce slightly.

Nicole Jung. Dear old 'Tweety', Sunggyu's ex-girlfriend from college. They met during their first year when the two were assigned as vocal partners for music class. The assignment was simple, arrange a ballad duet piece. Whoever had the best could perform at their cultural festival in the fall. Although they didn't win, they bonded quickly over the experience and Sunggyu was not hesitant to ask her out when the semester ended.

Sunggyu had other relationships in the past, but theirs stood out to him. Mainly because Nicole was the first girl he was forced to break up with. The cold sleep program was tough on his family, he didn't want her to go through the same thing. It wasn't easy, but they ended on good terms none the less.

However he forgot to tell her that the real reason they couldn't be together was because of his health, so once the shock had left, all that remained was anger. Oops.

"Yah! Kim Sunggyu!" she snapped, hitting him with her purse, "Who are you to just disappear like that?! No contact for how many years? Now the best you can do is stutter my name?"

"Ow! I didn't stutter-!"

"There you go again! No 'Hello' or anything!"

"Well maybe if you stopped beating me I would!" she stopped and stared at him expectantly, "... Hello Nicole, it's been a while."

She smiled, her eyes curving similar to Woohyun- Stop, "Well Sunggyu, it is a pleasure to see you. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Right," she patted her stomach gently, "I'm here for a checkup actually. It's only the first trimester but-"

"You're pregnant?" He looked down, she wasn't even showing so it was hard to believe that was true.

The girl laughed and shook her head, "You can't see yet! It's only been a few weeks. Today was just me confirming it."

"Wow, um, congratulations?"

"Thanks?" she giggled, "So what about you? And where have you been? I haven't seen you since college. Actually, are you busy right now?"

"Right, that's... kind of a long story actually," he looked away, embarrassed. He had fallen behind his classmates, how would he compare with her? "I had a thing earlier-"

"And by a 'thing' you mean nothing, right," she laughed once more, "I know you too well Kim Sunggyu. There's a coffee place around the block, let's go get something to drink."

Nicole hooked arms with Sunggyu and, contradicting her small frame, yanked him down the hall. All the while Sunggyu's face burned with embarrassment. This was the first interaction he's had with a girl since he woke up, and with his ex no less. Let's just see how coffee will go.

 

--

 

Coffee turned into lunch, since Nicole insisted she get food.

Sunggyu had heard her stomach growl in an animalistic way and agreed immediately. After all she was eating for two people. Pregnant... the mere thought of her carrying another human inside of her was surprising, but learning that this wasn't her first took him off guard.

"I have a son already, Minsu," she smiled, holding her phone out for the caramel haired male to look at. It was a picture of a boy with light hair and a curving eye smile, like his mother, "My husband and I are hoping that this time it will be a girl. It would be the perfect combination:  a strong older brother to protect his baby sister from harm, don't you think that's cute?"

"Yeah I guess, although having another son wouldn't be that bad, just ask my mom."

Nicole laughed, "Well she only has to deal with you Sunggyu, that's different-"

"No, I have a younger brother," he corrected.

"What? Since when?"

"2000."

She gaped, "Kim Sunggyu! Why didn't you tell me? Actually, what the heck happened to you? You completely disappeared after your third year, but as I look at you know it's like you haven't changed!"

"Ah, right. Well I meant to tell you before but... " Sunggyu had a hard time articulating his words. He didn't know what to say or how she would react. She shouldn't react too bad, right? It's been 18 years after all, "Have you heard of 'Cold Sleep'?"

"You mean that cryogenic freezing type deal? Everyone believes it's impossible," she scoffed, "If that were true then after this baby is born I could freeze myself and still look young when I meet my son in 20 years."

Sunggyu's lip quirked up in a half smile, "Well, that's exactly what happened to me."

Nicole looked unconvinced, so he explained further, "I was born with a gene mutation that was essentially  a ticking time bomb. Cysts grew in my lungs and around my heart, basically suffocating me slowly. There are a number of other things it did but I won't get into detail. The infant mortality rate was in the 80th percentile last I checked. I was lucky because it laid dormant until high school."

"O-Oh my god," she looked horrified, "So, while we were together, you... Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's kind of hard to bring up the fact that I'm dying in conversation," he laughed, and continued to give her details on his procedure, how he had to drop out of college, broke up with her, and slept for 18 years. By the time he was done, Nicole had had a look of utter disbelief on her face, her food barely touched.

"That's ridiculous Sunggyu,"  she said quietly, as if trying to tell herself it.

Sunggyu pulled down the collar of his shirt and showed her his stitches, "I assure you, it isn't."

"So... That's why we broke up? That's why you disappeared? You were... sick?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," he smiled sadly, "I couldn't put you through that. It was bad enough with my mom and my friends but you... you deserved better than to wait for me. I can see I made the right choice though."

Nicole unconsciously started spinning the wedding band wrapped around her delicate fingers, "You know I would have waited though."

"I didn't want you to. Not for me," Sunggyu glanced at his watch in an effort to hide his face.

He was getting emotional, hearing that the girl he loved back in college would have stayed with him, that he would have had her beautiful face to wake up to when his cold sleep was over, that they could pick up where they left off... All those 'What if's' were answered, but strangely enough, how he felt for the girl had changed.

She was still his Nicole, his little tweety, but not in a romantic sense. These feelings appeared to be mutual, with the small smile she gave him, "You're ridiculous Sunggyu."

"And you're happy, aren't you? Who's the lucky guy?"

"Jinwoon, from Econ," she laughed, "Funny right? The same man that irritated me so much back then is now my husband."

"That is unexpected, I'll admit," Sunggyu blinked, surprised, "Really, I thought he had it out for you."

"He just has a hard time expressing himself."

"I can see that."

Nicole laughed again. Sunggyu smiled back, with his eyes curving like hers. Their lunch was interrupted by the blaring tone of a cell phone and Nicole excused herself to answer the call. Sunggyu sat back in his chair and swirled the tea in his hands.

He watched her from the corner of his eye as her face lit up and shined with happiness. She must be talking to Jinwoon, He concluded, taking another sip.

He was definitely jealous. Not of Jinwoon, per say, but of the relationship they shared. It was nice to be taken care of by someone, to care for them back, to worry, laugh, and call knowing that they were thinking of you just as much.

 Sunggyu wasn't a romantic, he actually held a cynical perspective on 'Love' and it's many hindrances, such as emotional instability and dependency. But the idea was nice, comforting, and for some reason had his thoughts trailing back to Woohyun.

"What's got you out of it? Thinking of someone?" Nicole smirked when she saw Sunggyu jump in his seat. She had been done with her phone call for a while now, but Sunggyu was too far gone in his mind to notice her.

"N-No, of course not," he sputtered indignantly, "Just tired is all."

"You can't lie to me Gyu," she sighed, "Granted you can hide the truth, but you can't lie to me ever. I'm good, after all I am a profiler."

"Right. It's no one really, just a brat I use to take care of."

"What brought him up?" she pushed further, and Sunggyu really wished her curiosity was like everyone else's, but no. Nicole was the type of person to verbally wrestle information out of people if she was really interested in the secret. Sunggyu figured that because he was gone for a long time, she wanted to know everything.

"I was just thinking, honestly. I assume Jinwoon called you, and it made me think of you and him, and then relationships in general, and then Woohyun."

"Oh! I think I remember you talking about him! Your neighbor's kid, right?"

Sunggyu stared at her blankly, "... How do you even remember that?"

"I've got good memory," she shrugged, "Go on."

"Well, Woohyun is a hopeless romantic. He's naive, optimistic, and always has his head in the clouds," Sunggyu ranted, making large gestures as he spoke, "He's so carefree and damn happy all the time. And this is just him as a child! When I saw him again, oh boy, he hadn't changed."

"Like you, I guess?"

"Hey, I'm adapting. The worst part about this though, he was he's more mature now. Or so he says, frankly he's still the same kid to me but he does that's just so adult like and I have a hard time accepting it. He's much more determined and..." Sunggyu sighed, "God, he's the same... but it's like I don't know him anymore."

"Get to know him then," Nicole offered, "You said it yourself, you're adapting, but people change. Sometimes they become complete strangers, but that doesn't mean you can't befriend them again."

Sunggyu gave her a dejected smile, "He doesn't want to be friends..."

"Oh?" Nicole was confused at first, but the lack of eye contact gave her the real answer, "Oh... It's like that, is it?"

"Unfortunately," he sighed, "This is the same kid I had to chase in the yard, make afternoon snacks for, pull out of fights when someone made fun of his shoes. He's a kid-"

"He isn't anymore."

"Nicole-"

"Sunggyu," She cut him off, "You've always talked in the past how Woohyun strives for your attention. He's clearly interested, and the way you talk about him doesn't make it sound like you're not."

"I'm not gay!" he blurted out, "I'm not, and yet Woohyun..."

"You should talk to him."

"I don't want to see him right now."

"Well I never said do it this instant Gyu," she smiled, "Just... talk. If you asked me personally what I think is going on here, you wouldn't like it so I'm just telling you now to think this through a little, talk to him, and who knows, you might give him a chance."

"I just said-"

"And I'm not forcing you to be," she pulled out her wallet and placed a couple of bills on the table, "If your mind is still made up, let him know. But let me tell you, love is there if you want it."

"And what if I don't?" he asked once more.

The girl shrugged, "Then you don't."

Sunggyu rubbed his eyes tiredly and reached for his own wallet. She stopped him quickly and gestured that she already got the check, "You're too kind Nicole."

"Well I dragged you out here, didn't I? It's only fair. If you want to pay me back, then have lunch with me again in a few weeks. Let me know how this problem plays out for you."

"I'm not a soap opera you can tune into whenever you please."

"I'm not only doing this because it's interesting," she leaned forward and took his hand into hers, "You are very dear to me Sunggyu. You've showed me things that have shaped myself as a person; taught me lessons I still follow today, and will teach my children when they are older. If something upsets you, I want to help you out as much as I can."

Sunggyu smiled and gave her a reassuring squeeze before pulling his hand back, "You were always too good for me."

"I know," she winked and pulled out a business card, "I'm glad I ran into you today, ran into you at all actually. Take my card and give me a call when you want to see me again."

"I will," he promised and stood with her, adjusting his clothing while she did the same. Nicole laughed and, in turn, made him confused, "What's so funny?"

"Why would you wear a scarf in 70 degree weather? It's almost summer, isn't it?!"

"I just like to cover up!"

"Right, the less skin the better," she smirked and brushed some invisible dust off his shoulder, "Although it does suit you well. Take care of yourself Sunggyu."

"You too Tweety."

"Yah! No one calls me that anymore!"

"I still do," he teased and laughed as she huffed and pretended to be stomp out of the restaurant. She gave him one last wave before leaving through the front door and disappearing, her light brown coat being the last glimpse he saw. Sunggyu then gathered his backpack and left through a different exit, having to walk a little farther to pick up his parent's car.

It wasn't until he sat down in the driver's seat and took the scarf off that he realized it was Woohyun's.

 

--

 

Sunggyu thought he was doing an amazing job of avoiding Woohyun, until he realized he actually had to leave the house one late Friday evening. It had been a week since the incident, six day's since lunch with Nicole, and he was still torn with how to approach Woohyun.

His mind was a mess, his emotions were being irrational and not even a crap ton of Donkasu could help him. He was perfectly content with staying indoors, bugging Myungsoo, beating Sungyeol at video games and helping his mother around the house. However tonight was special. Tonight was the meteor shower. The last time he saw one was... a ridiculous amount of years ago, and Sunggyu would be damned if he missed it again.

There was only one issue, the best spot in town where the lights wouldn't affect the sky was a place he and Woohyun frequented often as a kid.

He didn't know the boy's hang outs now, but if Woohyun was still Woohyun, then he would definitely be there. Sunggyu was set up on the hill, adjusting his telescope when he heard a crack of twigs and the shuffle of grass come closer to him.

Sunggyu didn't bother looking up and continued to fix the focus on the glass when the footsteps stopped beside him. He had gotten a clear view of the Draco constellation and made sure the lining was perfect before he spoke, "I'm not surprised to see you here."

A warm jacket covered his shoulders and the male finally looked up, gazing at Woohyun's gorgeous features glowing from the moon light. He was staring at the stars with hands tucked in his jacket- no... Sunggyu's jacket, "You never did dress properly for these trips."

"It's almost summer, nights should be getting warmer."

"Yeah? Have they ever?"

He didn't reply. Sunggyu merely laid back on the blanket he brought and pulled Woohyun's jacket closer to his body.

Woohyun remained standing, staring, but no longer at the stars, "You're wearing my scarf I see."

"And you my jacket."

"I think it's a fair trade."

"We could trade back?"

"And what good would that do for me?" he took a seat next to Sunggyu, but remained upright, "What are we waiting for? Venus? Mars?"

"A meteor shower."

"Why did you bring your telescope?" he reached his hand out lightly tapped the silver tube. Sunggyu used his leg to knock it away.

"Yah, careful. I'm hoping to take a couple of pictures," Sunggyu yawned and stared up, his eyes scanning  the Andromeda and Pegasus constellations.

"That one is 'Phoenix', right? The one facing south?"

"Where?"

Woohyun pointed to a random assortment of lights, "That one there, where the plane is passing through."

"What? I don't see it."

"Come here. Look at where I'm pointing!"

"Aish, Woohyun," Sunggyu begrudgingly sat up leaned left, eyes flickering from star to star, "I don't see-"

Woohyun grabbed his arm and pulled him next to himself, so his finger was lined with the elder's gaze. Sunggyu felt the heat from his body warm his cold skin and expected the urge to pull away... He actually wondered why he wanted to pull him closer, "You see it hyung?"

"Huh?"

"The 'Phoenix'."

"O-oh," he squinted, "Woohyun, I taught you better than this. That's 'Hercules'. The 'Phoenix' is probably somewhere behind us."

"Oh, my bad," he grinned sheepishly, but didn't move away. Instead, Woohyun released the elder's arm and leaned back on his hands, still as close as ever. Sunggyu found himself mimicking the position, the two brushing arms slightly as they continued to watch the sky.

"What are you doing here Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked eventually, rolling his head to look at him.

Woohyun didn't respond immediately. His gaze fell from the sky and landed on Sunggyu. He blinked, eyes sparking as he just stared, "You haven't changed... but I have, and you know it."

"You certainly have," he agreed, "You're not the same boy I used to know."

"And you don't like it."

"Of course I don't," Sunggyu scoffed and turned away, "I miss the kid that followed me around like a pup."

Woohyun sighed, "Sunggyu-"

"But I know... that you're not him anymore. I know you're not a child," he paused and looked back. Woohyun's eyes were shining again, rimmed with water and looking hopeful. He looked hurt too, or that he was preparing himself for it, "I'm sorry I treated you as such."

"Hyung..." his voice trembled, "Does this mean-"

"But you're still young Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu sighed, "Far too young to be thinking like this.  I understand attraction, but I don't see how you can be caught up in this idea of-"

"Affection? Of caring for someone? Of liking someone?" he laughed bitterly, "Is that really so foreign to you? Do you truly believe that we are incapable of loving?"

"This isn't love, Woohyun. "

"You're doing it again," it came out as quiet as a whisper, but Sunggyu heard him clearly. Woohyun hid his face in his knees and had his eyes squeezed shut, "You're doing exactly what you apologized for-"

"I don't see you as a child-"

"But I'm not old enough to know what it is to like someone," he snapped back. Sunggyu flinched when the boy's head suddenly shot up and have him hard glare, "Apparently I'm still too childish for that!"

"No! But this hopeless romantic thing you've got going on-"

"Well it wouldn't be so hopeless if you gave me a ing chance."

He was taken aback by the language, "Woohyun..."

"Is it wrong? To be a romantic? To think that there might be a happy ending for me? For us? Is that really wrong, hyung?"

"That's just wishful thinking Hyun. The world is cruel, people are jerks, people like me are jerks. You deserve better than that."

Woohyun stiffened. His eyes widened and he turned to face Sunggyu better before he spoke, "Are you saying you've thought about it?"

"What?" Sunggyu tried to move away, but Woohyun caught his hand.

"You have, haven't you? You've thought of us, together.  So there's a chance, isn't there?"

"Woohyun-"

"Can we take that chance? Please?" he was shaking again, "Just one chance."

"I-I..." . Sunggyu had backed himself into a corner, but Woohyun was right.

He had thought of it. No amount of video games or cleaning could take his mind off of that possibility, that 'What if'. It was the last thing he thought of when he went to bed and the first thing that came to mind when he woke up. What would it be like waking next to Woohyun. What would we do when we go out. How would we spend our evenings together? What would happen?

"What could happen hyung?" Woohyun's voice broke through his thoughts, "What could happen? We won't know if we don't try."

"Woohyun, I'm not... I don't swing that way."

"Neither do I hyung," Woohyun smiled genuinely and moved closer, "I just like you."

Sunggyu looked away, God what am I thinking? I'm way too old for this, for him. This is ing ridiculous, "Hyun."

"Gyu."

He sighed, "I can't promise anything...permanent."

"I'm not asking you to marry me Gyu," Woohyun laughed, "I'm asking you to date me."

Sunggyu squeezed his eyes shut, I'm gonna regret this, I know I am but god ing damn it, "Fine."

"What?"

"Okay Nam Woohyun. I'll go on a date with you. This doesn't mean we're anything official but-"

"Oh thank god," He breathed, a chocked laugh leaving his lips as he pulled him into a strong hug. It had enough force to knock Sunggyu back on the blanket, "Kim. Sung. Gyu. You have no idea how relieved I am."

"God you're heavy," the elder groaned, "This doesn't mean anything yet!"

"That's okay. As long as I get somewhere with you," Woohyun rested his chin on his chest and stared at Sunggyu with guilt-filled eyes, "I'm sorry about what I did on Friday, I never meant to force you into something like that."

Sunggyu remembered being cornered and the kiss. His cheeks flushed and he rolled his eyes, trying to pretend like it wasn't a big deal, "Whatever Hyun-"

"So now, the next time I kiss you it'll be because you want me to-"

"Yah! W-who said I'll want to?!"

"Oh you will Gyu hyung."

Sunggyu started to retort, but stopped when his eyes caught something flickering in the sky. He looked up and saw the beginnings of the meteor shower, different specks of dots left stripes of light in their wake, truly breathtaking.

"Hyun! Woohyun! Look! ing look! You're missing the shower!" Sunggyu hit his back repeatedly as he watched groups of light continue to tear silver holes through the sky, "Woohyun!"

"That's okay hyung," he replied, his hug still as tight as ever, "You're the only star I care about."

Sunggyu gagged and shoved the boy off him, "Don't ruin this Woohyun. I will dump your cheesy if you pull like that again."

"Oh hyung, you have a way with words," he snickered and rolled over. Woohyun laid flat on his back and pulled Sunggyu towards him, sliding his arm under his head so the elder male had a proper pillow while tucking his other arm under his own. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and buried his face in Woohyun's jacket, finding the smell comforting as they continued to see stars fall.

With moment's like this, maybe dating Woohyun wouldn't be so bad.

 


Anyone willing to make a poster for this? I got a new computer so there's no photoshop, regretfully. Anyways, I used KARA's Nicole because at one point in time she was his ideal type, and Onew for the doctor because... well... originally it was OC random character but i feel like it would have left you imagination blank. Jinwoon is from 2AM and did a song with Nicole, hence the husband choice. How'd you guys like Last Romeo? I think it's absolutely ing amazing and definitely has an infinite feel to it. My sister thinks It sounds like every other song they've made though. I can kinda hear it... but i like it none the less. Congrates to their second win! I hope they get more ^^

tumblr_n6c5mlskU91rmx3fgo1_250.gif  tumblr_n6c5mlskU91rmx3fgo5_250.gif  tumblr_n6c5mlskU91rmx3fgo3_250.gif

ing Dorks