Chapter 6

Sleep

Sunggyu spoke too soon.

"Would you get off me please?" he asked with a sleep laden voice. The heavy weight on him made no move to leave which earned another groan from the tired man.

"If I can't sleep in, you can't sleep in," Myungsoo said in the same tone, "Now go downstairs."

"I would if you would move."

The younger boy rolled off his hyung and snuggled into the blanket beside him. Sunggyu blinked at him, waiting for him to get up and leave. Of course it wasn't that easy.

"Myungsoo-yah."

"No."

"What did you say earlier?" Sunggyu smirked as he sat up, hands landing on Myungsoo's side, "'If I can't sleep in, you can't sleep in'?"

Myungsoo's eyes shot open. He gave Sunggyu a pathetic, pleading look but the elder ignored it and shoved him off the bed. Myungsoo landed on a pile of books on the floor and moaned in pain. Sunggyu cackled at the expense of his brother and swung his legs off the other end, stretching as he stood up.

"Nice tummy hyung," Woohyun commented, having watched them from the doorway since Myungsoo walked in. Sunggyu's eyes shot open and he immediately pulled his shirt down, of course it didn't help that he was wearing a huge sleep shirt so the wide collar fell over his shoulder and earned a whistle from approval from the latter, "Now you're just teasing me."

"Go away Woohyun," he shot back, fixing his clothes before walking off to his closet.

It had been a week since their star-gazing trip. For that week Woohyun had left Sunggyu alone. It was nice avoiding the awkward tension brought on by that night's events, but it also made Sunggyu slightly anxious. Woohyun was dead set on dating him, so why did he just disappear right afterwards?

"I'm here to help you pick out your clothes," he replied instead, "I don't want you poorly dressed for our trip today."

"What trip?"

"Hyung!" He whined and approached the elder, wrapping his arm around his shoulder, "We discussed this last week!"

"What?! When did we ever?"

"That's not funny hyung," Woohyun released him and walked into the closet. He pulled a pair of swim trunks and a T-shirt from the piles on the floor and tossed it to Sunggyu, laughing as the elder struggled to catch it.

"What this for?"

"The beach?" he walked over to Myungsoo and grabbed him by the foot. The boy remained stoic and allowed Woohyun to drag him to the door, "We'll be downstairs. Don't keep me waiting hyung."

"I'll make you wait as long as I want you to," Sunggyu huffed annoyed, throwing the clothes over his shoulder as he walked to the bathroom. Once the door was closed behind him, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent an urgent text to Myungsoo.

What the

His reply was almost instant.

Don't go complaining to your brother. You're going and that's that. ^^

Sunggyu groaned and hit his head on the wall, today was going to be a long day.

 

--

 

He trembled, legs shivering, and shifted uncomfortably as warm hands rubbed his body. Sunggyu tried to pull away but he wouldn't let him. Sunggyu yelped when he spread something cold across his skin and continued to struggle.

"Gyu," Woohyun grunted, tugging on his arm, "You need to hold still."

"I can't!"

"Yes you can!"

"B-but it feels weird."

"Jesus Christ, it's just sunscreen!" Woohyun held the bottle up before squirting a small line across the elder's leg. Sunggyu whined and yet again tried to move away, "Sunggyu!"

"It's ing cold!"

"Well no duh! It was sitting in front of the AC the whole drive here," Woohyun pointed out, finishing rubbing the lotion into his hyung's pale skin, "Alright now do me."

Sunggyu groaned. He thought their beach trip was just supposed to be browsing the local stores on the sea side, however Woohyun had other plans. Plans of which that actually involved the beach. Sunggyu wasn't  overly fond of the sun, much to Woohyun's chagrin. However, that didn't stop the soccer player from getting his fun out of it.

Sunggyu glared at the bottle handed to him, he hated the way the lotion felt on his skin. It was like mild smelling goop, something he didn't want stuck on his hands for the rest of the day. He reluctantly poured a small amount into his hand and stared at Woohyun's back.

The male had bronzed skin, so Sunggyu wondered if the sunscreen would even work. However, the color complimented his personality, seeing as he was constantly active and outdoors. It also didn't help that he had one of the nicest backs the elder had ever seen, granted he hadn't seen much but damn.

The way his muscles flexed as he waited for the could touch of sun protection was... intriguing to watch. it, he's attractive, .

"Any day now Gyu hyung," Woohyun chuckled, "I mean, unless you want to keep checking me out-! Cold!"

"Serves you right," Sunggyu snickered as he slapped the white substance on. Woohyun continued to shiver and yell teasing remarks at his companion as he fully coated the boy's back. Sunggyu thought he had gotten him back but when Woohyun turned around to get the bottle for the rest of his body, Sunggyu chocked.

"S-since when did you get those?" he yelled pointing at the boy's abs. He did have them before, back from what Sunggyu remembered at his apartment, but somehow they looked different now; more prominent.

"You like?" Woohyun leaned back shamelessly so Sunggyu could get a better look, "Picked up a summer job at the gym. Last week I got extra hours so I could pay for our little outing today. I'd say working as a trainer has done me some good."

"You're unbelievable."

"You're lucky I look this good."

Sunggyu threw some sand at him, which proved to be a bad idea. Woohyun's playful expression turned dark and Sunggyu knew he was screwed. He barely rolled out of the brunet's grasp and scrambled to his feet, abandoning the refuge of their umbrella shade to risk sun exposure near the water.

"Woohyun, stop! I swear to god-," Sunggyu yelled as the said male grabbed his arm. Since they were both covered in fresh sunscreen, he managed to slip out easily and ran farther ahead. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that Woohyun was a soccer player and the male caught up in no time.

"Where do you think you're going?" he laughed victoriously after he caught Sunggyu around the waist, "You started this."

"Woohyun no," Sunggyu couldn't help but laugh, which soon turned to garbled noises when Woohyun practically dragged him to the water.

"God, you're not as light as you look."

"I never claimed to be!"

"Still, the gym really does pay."

"Are you insulting me-" Sunggyu was cut off with water as Woohyun shoved him in. He fell back and the wave crashed over his body, completely soaking his white short and trunks. His hair was plastered across his forehead and he had to squeeze his eyes shut in order to prevent salt from stinging his eyes.

After listening to the roaring of the ocean, Woohyun's laughter filtered through and Sunggyu blinked a rapidly until Woohyun's red face came into view. The boy literally looked as if he was going to pass out.

"Y-You look like a g-grumpy wet hamster!" he giggled spastically, "O-Oh my god, why don't I have a camera with me."

Irritated, Sunggyu got on his knees and pushed off the back of his feet to lunge for Woohyun. He managed to wrap his arms around his legs and bringing him down, getting soaked at the expense of his revenge.

His timing was perfect. Another wave came over the two and Sunggyu could hear the older boy gurgle from under the water. He laughed when Woohyun sat up and shook off the liquid like a dog, "You look ridiculous."

Woohyun glared and splashed some water at him, "Shut up!"

"Oh you want to start this?" Sunggyu smirked at the challenge, "Are you sure Woohyun?"

"You started it first!"

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Sunggyu yelled over his shoulder as he got up and ran back to the beach. A group of small children had filled up water guns with the ocean water and playing amongst themselves. Sunggyu ran to the oldest/ leader looking child and pointed at Woohyun.

"See that guy?" he asked. The girl nodded, "Would you spray him for me?"

The girl blinked innocently at Woohyun. She couldn't have been more than ten, yet her expression darkened to that of a soldier as she picked up an extra squirt gun and shoved it into Sunggyu's hands.

"Guys!" she called to her friends, three of them to be exact, "New mission objective! Spray this Oppa's enemy."

"Enemy?" Woohyun frowned as he came jogging towards them.

"Attack!" she shrieked, and the children, along with Sunggyu, pummeled Woohyun with sprays of water. The trainer stumbled back into the ocean, until he tripped over a sand castle and fell flat on his . The five took advantage of his muck up and continued to douse him mercilessly.

Eventually he was able to crawl into the ocean and the children watched him from the tide line. Sunggyu knew exactly what Woohyun was thinking just from the look on his face. Children were supposed to be cute and innocent, weren't they? Well that certainly wasn't the case anymore.

"Hyung!" Woohyun whined, "This is cheating!"

"Cheating? I don't think so! I'm using my resources!"

"Cheating?" the girl turned to Sunggyu, "You cheated?"

"Yes! Yes he did! Go punish him!" Woohyun waved the kids towards Sunggyu and laughed when they actually started attacking him instead.

"No! I didn't cheat! Trust me!" the elder pleaded pathetically as he tried to run away. However Woohyun was quick and ran after the group. He caught Sunggyu by the arm and turned him around to face the children. Holding both hands behind his back, the bronzed boy kept Sunggyu pinned while the kids sprayed both of them (a majority of Sunggyu though) with water.

"This isn't fair! I didn't cheat!"

"You did!"

"No!" Sunggyu squirmed, but it was futile.

Eventually, the kids were called back by their parents and Woohyun and Sunggyu were left drenched, tired, and covered with sand.

"My shirt is making me itchy," Sunggyu mumbled, pulling at the collar of his clothes.

"You could always take it off?" Woohyun laughed at the glare he received and took Sunggyu's and again, only gently and tugged him to the direction of their umbrella, "Just kidding. I brought you a spare."

"Really? Thanks."

Woohyun shined him a brilliant smile and swung their arms childishly until they reached their spot. He moved one of the towels into the shade before flopping down on his beside it. Sunggyu frowned and squatted down, poking his  cheek.

"Yah," he said, "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna take a little nap. Get this water to dry off so I can rub the sand away," he raised his arm lazily and pointed to their duffle, "Check the front pocket."

Sunggyu did as he was told and blinked in surprise at what he found, "You packed my book?"

"So you'd have something to do while I did this," He cracked an eye open, "I think of these things ahead of time."

"I see," Sunggyu settled back on the towel and opened up to the page he left off at, "Thanks."

Woohyun hummed in response and the two fell silent. Only the sound of waves crashing  children's laughter filled the air. The ambiance was peaceful, and Sunggyu couldn't remember a time he felt more relaxed... well... that didn't involve anesthetics.

However, as calming as it was, he finished his chapter before the boredom got the better of him. Sunggyu huffed and put the book down, scratching the side of his neck where some sand had found purchase and turned towards Woohyun.

The boy had his eyes closed with his hands tucked under his head, smiling slightly as the sun warmed his body. Sunggyu bit the inside of his cheek and rolled onto his stomach; still guarded by the shade, he reached his hand out and patted Woohyun's stomach.

The brunet didn't respond, so he patted him again. When nothing happened, Sunggyu proceeded to start tapping his fingers lightly across the small ridges of his abs until a tan hand grabbed his. Woohyun cracked an eye open and eyed the elder with a greasy smile.

"Like what you feel?"

"Please, I was just messing around," Sunggyu tried to pull his hand away but Woohyun rolled on his side, invading his personal space, "Woohyun-ah."

"You haven't called me that in a while. It's nice hearing it again."

"Well I could go a couple of days without 'Gyu'."

Woohyun raised a brow, "Would you really prefer 'Sunggyu'?"

Sunggyu grimaced, "Okay maybe not, but you could at least give me more respect. You held me down like a ing dog while those kids sprayed me!"

"You recruited them first hyung!" Woohyun shot back playfully, copying Sunggyu's pose. They were close enough to rub shoulders and Sunggyu could feel the heat from his skin warm his, "Don't put the blame on me."

"They were the perfect soldiers... you turned them against me."

"So stubborn hyung," Woohyun nudged him lightly and the look he had in his eyes wasn't playful, but full of fondness, "But it's a quality I admire about you... sometimes."

"You're impossible."

"I could say the same about you."

Sunggyu scoffed and punched his arm, getting to his feet. He picked up a shirt from the duffle bag beside their umbrella and slung it over his shoulder, "I'm going to change. Do you want something to drink when I come back?"

"Coke" he croaked, "Hurry back, I get lonely easily."

"And you claim you're not a child."

"I'm not!"

Sunggyu laughed and rolled his eyes. He carried his flip flops through the sand until he reached concrete, and then proceeded to search for a bathroom. Luckily there was one right by the snack shack so the boy quickly hurried inside. He unfolded the shirt Woohyun packed for him and laughed when he saw the design.

This wasn't a shirt Sunggyu owned, he knew because it looks a little small and was a tank top. Plus he had seen Woohyun wear it once before when they shared a bed together, he decided then that he wouldn't let Woohyun pack for him ever again and quickly changed.

After almost knocking over small children when he was leaving, Sunggyu approached the snack shack, 'Beach Beats', and noticed that it worked as both a small shop and a radio station. There was only one man behind the counter and he was leisurely reading a magazine while some music played from the speakers above.

"So this is a radio shack?" Sunggyu asked, looking at the equipment behind him.

"Something like that," the man replied, putting his paper down, "Can I help... wait, Sunggyu?"

He looked up from the coke in his hands and gaped at the familiar stranger, "...Junhyung? Yong Junhyung?"

"Holy , what the hell happened to you?" Junhyung laughed standing up so he could pull the latter into a restrained hug (seeing as the counter was preventing them from getting any closer), "Dude, you disappeared! The guy's and I thought you got kidnapped!"

"Seriously? I thought I told you what happened!"

"Hell no you didn't! ... you are Sunggyu right? You look exactly the same from when I last saw you."

"Yeah, well you don't" Sunggyu chuckled, taking in his friend's appearance, "You look skinnier and... is your hair blonde? Or do my eyes deceive me?"

"I've been blonde for a while now. Wait, hang on, the song's almost over," Junhyung went back to the radio booth and held a finger up, signaling Sunggyu to wait. The boy nodded before he heard his friend's voice filter through the shack's speakers and on several radios scattered around the beach, "And that was Nobody by Wonder Girls! How's that for  'Throwback Thursday'? Of course it isn't really Thursday but there is never a wrong time to enjoy some classics. Coming up is the title track of Beast's new album 'Good Luck'! As requested by all you beauties out there, so stay tuned. This is Poppin' Dragon, if you have any requests don't hesitate to call 'em in. Enjoy your afternoon."

With that said, the man let the next song play and hopped back over to the counter, opening the door section for Sunggyu to walk through, "Oh no, I really shouldn't. I got a friend waiting for me-"

"Then call your friend over! I haven't seen you in years, let me catch up with you god dammit," the tone he used was playful, contradicting his words and Sunggyu couldn't suppress his laugh.

"You're a dork."

"And you're stubborn. Whose your friend?"

"Him," Sunggyu pointed over his shoulder where Woohyun was lying.

Junhyung squinted to get a better look, "Huh, do I know him?"

"I don't know. Do you?"

"Maybe I've just seen him around," He shrugged, sitting back in his seat. Sunggyu reluctantly gave in and followed behind the counter, plopping down in the chair across from him, "So where did you go? Rumors had it that you went to America."

"That's... one thing I've been hearing."

"Well it was the most believable," Junhyung shrugged, "I mean I highly doubt that you got kidnapped by Japanese yakuza or got pregnant with an alien baby."

"Who said I was pregnant?!"

"I did," Junhyung grinned, dodging  a punch from the caramel haired boy, "But aliens might not be completely out of the question with the way you're looking right now."

Sunggyu glanced over his shoulder to check up on Woohyun before he continued, "I'll make this quick. I was sick, they didn't have the medicine I needed so they 'froze' me, in a sense, until they could cure my disease. I woke up a month or two ago."

"Wow..." Junhyung raised his brows in surprise, "... I didn't think that was possible. So it's like cryogenics?"

"In a way."

"Didn't they do that to Walk Disney?"

"... Are you serious?"

"Completely," he answered with a straight face, but was only able to hold it for a short while before a fit of laughter bubbled up in his throat and had him hunched over, "No! Jesus, you think I'm that gullible?"

"You mean he wasn't frozen?" A new voice questioned. The two looked over and was met with a stunned and somewhat hurt Woohyun, "He's dead?"

"Woohyun," Sunggyu deadpanned, "You can't be serious."

"I'm not," a mischievous grin spread across his face, "But your expression was priceless."

"Right?" Junhyung agreed and Sunggyu groaned. He fell for their stupidity, and what's worse was that it seemed like an unintentional tag team. Great, just what he needed, two trouble makers working together, "Nice to meet you man, name's Yong Junhyung. I'm an old college buddy of Gyugyu here."

"Nam Woohyun," he bowed politely and the latter returned it with a nod, "I'm a fan of your work."

"Really? You know what I do?"

"Yes and I quite like it."

"Wait..." Sunggyu interrupted, looking in-between the two, "Now I'm confused. You know him Hyun?"

"Know of him," Woohyun corrected.

"How?!"

"Sunggyu," Junhyung leaned over and placed a heavy hand on his friend's shoulder, "You don't seriously think I run a beach side snack shack, do you? I mean, I went to college for music for Pete's sake."

"Then what are you doing here? And what do you do?"

"He's a song writer," Woohyun answered for him and pointed up to where the speakers were located, "This Beast song that's paying? He wrote it."

"No way," Sunggyu spun back around, "Really?"

Junhyung beamed at him, "Yup! Very proud of it. But anyway, this shack belongs to my nephew and I come here occasionally to help out. Since I'm just a song writer I don't get recognized that much but this is a pleasant surprise."

"Indeed," Woohyun agreed and then turned to Sunggyu with a pout on his face, "Jeez Hyung, you ditched me for your college buddy? Today was supposed to be our day!"

"Shut up and drink your soda," Sunggyu tossed him the bottle and laughed when the boy barely managed to catch it, "Your reflexes ."

"They really don't, I just drop my guard around you," Woohyun shrugged and reached to pay for his drink.

 Junhyung waved dismissively, "On the house. My hyung would be upset with me if I didn't treat his favorite underdog to a drink."

Sunggyu was confused again, "What? Are you saying Woohyun is famous too?"

The said boy laughed, "Jealous?"

"No. Just... how?"

"You know Doojoon? He and Kikwang watch college soccer sometimes and Woohyun here was a pretty popular player a few years ago. That's why I know your name! I've heard them screaming it at the top of their lungs whenever a match was on."

Sunggyu stared blankly at him, then at Woohyun. He shook his head and stood up, straightening out his back as he groaned, "I'm way too old for these kinds of surprises."

"Wah, Hyung! You're not even the least bit impressed?"

"Nope," Sunggyu flicked his head as he passed by the counter and nodded back to Junhyung, "This kids right though. We're supposed to hang out today, why don't we catch up another time?"

"You know where to find me," he motioned to the shack, "Nice seeing you Gyu, take care of yourself. After all, you are still mine."

Sunggyu let out a loud laugh while Woohyun glared at the writer. The elder didn't pay any mind to him and waved as the two left the store. Sunggyu continued to smile as he walked down the street, ignoring Woohyun's blatant staring.

"... Sunggyu."

"Yeah?"

"What was that about?"

"Inside joke," Sunggyu shrugged, "We took a music class together and one assignment was to write a song, no duh. It was fairly easy for me but he had a hard time, so to 'support' him I sang him my song. I called it 'Be Mine' and since he was able to ace the assignment he concluded that I was 'his'. As a good luck charm of course."

"Really?"

"Yeah..." Sunggyu snorted, "God we were so drunk. I can't believe he still remembers."

"Huh."

Sunggyu stopped walking. He turned to Woohyun with a smirk, "Are you jealous?"

"Very."

That surprised him, "No denial? No 'You're just imagining things hyung'? Nothing?"

"Why would I deny it?" Woohyun hugged his arm childishly, pouting up at the caramel haired male, "Hyung is mine!"

"You idiot," Woohyun shrugged and released him. He ran again to grab his duffle bag, which was already packed, and swung it over his shoulder. Sunggyu stopped walking and waited for Woohyun to catch up, "Done with the beach?"

"For now. I figured we could go somewhere else."

"Why? What's around here?"

His playful smile returned and he threw his arm around the elder shoulder, tugging him off towards the board walk, "You'll see."

 

--

 

"God your aim is terrible!" Sunggyu laughed as Woohyun threw a ball at the stack of bottles (and miserably failed).

They had been trying their hand at small carnival games located on the pier, but honestly they had been stuck on this one. Why? Because Woohyun refused to admit defeat to the 'ty bottles made from sheets of tin pressed frustration', as he had put it.

"This isn't funny Gyu, I seriously think this game is rigged," Woohyun huffed, handing over yet another dollar to the worker. The man grinned as he took it and handed the brunet four more balls.

"Fifth time's the charm."

"I will get this!"

"Woohyun, admit it," Sunggyu walked up to the boy and grabbed one of the balls. He threw his half heartedly and smirked when he knocked over the top three tiers, "You just . Stick to soccer, yeah?"

Woohyun's eyes widened, "Hyung, throw another one."

"No. this is something you need to overcome on your own."

"You're so mean hyung."

'And you're stupid' is what Sunggyu wanted to say, but the words died on his tongue when he looked over his shoulder and laid eyes on the biggest constellation tapestry he had ever seen. It was hanging up with stuffed animals and other tapestries as well but that particular one stood out the most to him. He had to have it.

"Hyun."

"Ne hyung?"

"I want that."

"What?"

"I really want that."

"Want what? Wait a minute, weren't you saying earlier that those prizes were dumb?"

"Well that was before I saw that!" Sunggyu pointed at the object of his desires and turned around. He snatched a ball from Woohyun's hand and knocked down the remaining pins, stunning the carnival worker and elicited a joyful cheer from the younger as he snatched the giant hamtaro plush from the shelf.

"Alright hyung," Woohyun's eyes turned dark with determination, "Lets win that... thing."

"You don't know what I want? I've been pointing at it!"

"Ah tutututu," Woohyun placed a finger over Sunggyu's lips, "Shhh, no talking. Let's kick now."

Sunggyu resisted the urge to punch the younger male as he lead him over to the game and dropped a five dollar bill in the girl's outstretched hand. The worker smirked and put it in her pouch before she readied the game, "This is how the game goes. All you have to do is shoot the targets and-"

"Can we work in teams?" Sunggyu interrupted

The girl, 'Sungmi' as her nametag read, shrugged, "I don't mind."

"How many do we need to hit to get that giant blanket thingy?" Woohyun motioned vaguely to the prize stand behind her. Sunggyu turned to him slowly and blinked, "... What?"

"You need 70 points," she began, eyeing the soccer player with a quirk of her lips, "but for you I'll make it 60."

"Make it 50 and I'll give you his number."

"Hyung!" Woohyun spun around, completely shocked while Sunggyu steadied the gun in his hands. The elder kept his eyes on the girl, waiting for an answer. Sungmi bit the inside of her cheek and eyed Woohyun one last time. Just to make the argument more convincing, Sunggyu reached over and pulled up his shirt, flashing her a little bit of Woohyun's abs before he screeched and pulled it back down.

"Done," she answered quickly, pressing a button that caused the mechanical gun range to roar to life.

Woohyun was still a little flustered from the sudden reveal and didn't even touch his gun, but Sunggyu made up for it by hitting every target his small eyes landed on. Woohyun eventually got a hold of himself and helped rack up points. They shot at the targets, annihilating the final 'boss' ones worth multiple points near the end. The timer went off and Sungmi let out a low whistle as she eyed the score.

"56," she smiled and reached for the prize while Sunggyu cheered and pulled Woohyun into a tight hug.

"Now that is how you kick !" he grinned, patting Woohyun on the shoulder.

The younger looked a little displeased when Sungmi took out her phone and winked at him. Sunggyu snatched it from her hands and put in a number quickly, nearly tossing it back to her when took the tapestry and rubbed his fingers into the smooth material.

"What's your name cutie?" Sungmi asked, intending for Woohyun to answer.

"Sungyeol," Sunggyu answered again and hooked arms with Woohyun, "C'mon, let's go get food. I'm starving."

"Wait- What?" Woohyun barely had any time to grab his hamtaro; Sunggyu's iron grip was strong and unrelenting as the girl tried to call out to him. Not that Woohyun minded being taken away, it's just that he was confused as to why Sunggyu called him Sungyeol until... it clicked.

"You gave her Sungyeol's number."

"Damn right I did," Sunggyu snickered, "Like hell I would give her yours."

"Myungsoo is gonna be pissed."

"Good. Maybe he can scare her off."

"You're terrible," Woohyun shoved his side lightly and stopped in front of a food stand, "Hungry?"

"Starving," Sunggyu breathed dropping his bag down on a bench and pushing Woohyun down next to it, "What do you want?"

"You," Woohyun laughed when Sunggyu nearly shoved him off and stomped off to the food stand, "Whatever you're having!"

He huffed and told the worker his order impatiently, silently fuming while Woohyun continued to be embarrassingly cheesy, singing about how much he missed Sunggyu while hugging his stuffed hamtaro. His voice was really nice though, as much as Sunggyu hated to admit it, and drew the attention of others passing.

"He left me here all alone, with nothing but my bag and phone~" Woohyun rocked back and forth, "Here I thought he cared, but he just left me with... a bag and this bear~"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, "That's a hamster, not a bear."

"Gyu hyung, come back to me! Gyu hyung, I'm so lonely!"

"Woohyun-ah~ go jump off a bridge, sleep with the fishes and see if I give a ," Sunggyu sang back, earning a laugh from the younger.

"Hyung~ you break my heart so. Keep this up and I may go."

"Then do just that and go away. I ain't got time to worry about you, 'kay?"

Sunggyu hadn't realized the man in charge of the food stand was ready with his food until he coughed and called out to him, "Hey, lover boy. Your ddeokbokki. "

"Huh? Oh, thanks," Sunggyu flushed and took the food, sending Woohyun a glare over his shoulder when he heard him laugh even harder.

As punishment, the elder shoved one of the steaming hot rice cakes into his open mouth and refused to let him spit it out. Woohyun whined and  struggled to eat the thing, having to put Hamtaro down so he could create a make shift cage around his mouth and prevent the treat from falling out.

When he finally got it down, he was panting and glared at Sunggyu. The caramel haired boy was watching him with a smug look; legs crossed with one hand supporting his head while the other held the tray, "Do you want to sing again?"

"Gyu hyung, why are you so mean?" He sang quietly, reaching for one of the toothpicks.

"Because my stupid dongsaeng is being childish."

"I am not!"

"Ah huh," Sunggyu smirked, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Woohyun pouted and shoved another rice cake into his mouth. Sunggyu smirked as he watched him chew begrudgingly and flicked his forehead. Woohyun managed to dodge it though and was about retaliate until they heard bickering from two older men near them.

They were playing chess and arguing about who was going to get food until they spotted the two watching them, "Excuse me young men! Would you two do us a favor?"

"Oh really Kwangmin? Your recruiting help from strangers?" The older bald man scoffed.

"Well you can't make up your damn mind so we're just gonna go together Jun!"

"Fine then! You two take over for us," they got up and left without another word, stunning Woohyun and Sunggyu. They looked at each other blankly before the elder shrugged and took a seat in front of the white pieces. Woohyun took black and the two continued the game silently.

"Well this is kind of odd," Woohyun chuckled, taking out Sunggyu's knight.

"I guess this'll make for a good story for the kids."

"'This kids'?"

"Sungyeol and Myungsoo."

"Right," Woohyun paused to tsk when Sunggyu took out his bishop, "Say, in a couple of weeks my friends and I are gonna meet up for a trip to Seoul. I'm not going to tell you what we're doing because it's a surprise but... would you like to come?"

"Wouldn't it be awkward?" Sunggyu frowned when his rook was taken, "What would I do there?"

"Hang out with me? Meet my friends?"

"Eh... if you're sure I won't be third wheeling, then I'll go."

"Really? No backing out?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and took Woohyun's other bishop, which lead to him losing a pawn and a knight, "I am a man of my word. I've kept my promises so far, haven't I? Besides if you're there then I have nothing to worry about. Of course if you ditch me I'll skin you."

"Yes!" Woohyun cheered as he moved his queen and eliminated his, effectively putting him in checkmate.

He gaped, "How could you take out my queen so fast?"

"Is that what I did?"

"What did you think you did?"

"Move this... thingy."

Sunggyu looked bewildered. Before he could question him any further, the old men came back with two boxes of chips and a drink. They walked over and was surprised to see the game end so quickly. The bald man approached Woohyun and laughed, "Wow, you won? I was so sure I was going to lose! Thanks! Where'd you learn how to play chess?"

Woohyun blinked, "I don't know how to play chess."

 

--

 

Sunggyu had fallen asleep during their car ride back. He was jolted awake when the car came to a stop in Woohyun's driveway. The elder yawned tiredly and rubbed his eyes while Woohyun reached into the back seat to grab their things.

Sunggyu blinked a few times and nearly reeled back in surprised when he noticed how close Woohyun's face was to his. However, the younger male was too focused on reaching the duffle bag to pay attention. When he did grab it though, a small smile spread across his lips and he glanced at Sunggyu.

The caramel haired boy's cheeks flushed when his grin grew and Woohyun leaned forward, knocking their foreheads together lightly.

"Tired?" he asked.

Sunggyu's lips twitched up slightly, "What gave me away?"

"You snore."

Sunggyu shoved him back, grumbling under his breath as Woohyun laughed and got out of the car. He walked around to Sunggyu's end and knocked on the window, waiting for the elder to open his door, which he did after struggling to get his seatbelt off, "What? Not going to get the door for me?"

"Would you have let me?"

"No."

"I figured, that's why I didn't," Woohyun shut the door after he got out though and wrapped his arm around the latter's shoulder, "I will do this though."

"And If I don't want you to?"

"Then I'll be stubborn about it," Woohyun shrugged, "You never complained before anyways."

Right... It doesn't bother me. It actually feels nice, Sunggyu nodded and let Woohyun cross his lawn and guide him to his door.  Their walk was lazy and slow, a little juvenile too because Woohyun pretended to push Sunggyu into the sprinklers. The elder retaliated and actually pushed him onto one.

He got the front of his shirt damp and wouldn't let Sunggyu off the hook unless he gave him a wet hug. Sunggyu struggled until the very end.

Then they ended up at his door; Normally Sunggyu would just go inside and throw a quick 'see you tomorrow' over his shoulder, but Woohyun wasn't leaving. In fact, he was just staring at him while Sunggyu fished out his keys and looked for the right one.

Sunggyu glanced up and smiled, "What?"

Woohyun had a sincere look of bliss on his face. He shrugged and brushed his bangs from his face as he spoke, "I had a fun day today. Thanks for letting me take you out on a date."

"A date?" Sunggyu frowned, hands freezing, "This was a date?"

"What did you think it was?"

"Um... Us hanging out?"

Woohyun laughed whole heartedly and stepped forward, his fingers reaching out to tug on the cuff of Sunggyu's jacket unconsciously, "Then what's a date to you?"

Sunggyu felt embarrassed by the question. He had only ever gone out on dates with girls, but that didn't mean it could be the same with a guy... could it? "Um... I guess all that stereotypical . Movies, dinner and stuff."

"Right. Well, as much as I would love to take you out on stereotypical dates I figured I needed to show you something first," He hummed, "I know that being with a guy is new to you... Hell, it's new to me too, but we can still go out and be together without being one of those gross PDA couples."

"What?" Sunggyu mocked a gasp, "Is the greasiest man alive saying he'd rather not do PDA? Is the world ending? Are you really Woohyun?"

"Oh don't get me wrong Gyu, I will take advantage of being a couple and do embarrassing things with you in public, but right now I want to stick to something you're more comfortable with."

Sunggyu smirked, "Then what would be the difference between hanging out and a date?"

"Well... that all depends on whether or not you'll..."

"I'll what?"

"You'll let me kiss you," Woohyun looked him in the eye, his gaze piercing and strong, "But if we leave tonight with nothing... Then I'll know where we stand."

Sunggyu's chest felt constricted. He gripped his keys tightly and remained staring at the younger male. He knew what Woohyun was implying. If Sunggyu was willing to try, to give this 'thing' he has with Woohyun a chance then...

Sunggyu looked away sheepishly. He found his house key and slid it into the lock. The sound of the bolt moving had an eerie sort of finality feel to it. Sunggyu quietly opened the door and looked back at Woohyun. He could see him mask his hurt with a small smile, "I see..."

"Today was nice Woohyun," he began, sliding his hands into the pocket of his coat, "Thanks."

Woohyun simply nodded, "Anytime hyung. Don't forget your duffle bag. Your weird cloth is in there too."

"Tapestry."

"Right," he chuckled, but it sounded hollow, "I'll... I'll see you around."

"Yeah," Sunggyu trailed off, waiting for Woohyun to move. The younger stared at the ground for a couple of seconds before he nodded again and turned around.

His footsteps sounded dead as he walked down the front porch and onto the front yard. With every step he took, Sunggyu felt regret grow heavy in his heart. Woohyun's shoulders were slumped, they looked so defeated and the elder reflected back on their day together. He did have fun, he genuinely had a great time with Woohyun. Their teamwork during the games held a small edge of competitiveness, their humorous bickering was amusing, and Sunggyu felt that Woohyun's arm fit perfectly around his shoulder.

Sunggyu looked down at the tapestry in his duffle bag, where the constellations peeked out and reminded him of the night he spent under the stars with Woohyun, where everything came to light.

"What could happen hyung? What could happen? We won't know if we don't try."

.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu dropped the bag and left the door swinging open as he ran off the porch. Woohyun stopped and turned, as if he was expecting it, and watched with watering eyes while Sunggyu approached him.

The younger male opened his arms and caught Sunggyu's body as he came crashing into his. Sunggyu used both hands to cup his cheeks before he planted a firm kiss on the brunet's lips. It was a strange feeling, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It actually felt better than Sunggyu expected, but he couldn't really believe what he was doing then and broke away quickly.

"Sunggyu," Woohyun breathed as the elder bowed his head, hiding his face in the latter's chest. He felt the boy's grip on him tighten and tensed slightly, "Y-you had me so scared hyung. I-I honestly thought-"

"S-shut up Woohyun," he mumbled, "My mind is a mess right now. I don't even know what I'm doing here."

"I-I think you're giving me a chance... You are giving me a chance right? If that kiss was any indication-"

Sunggyu lifted his hand and covered Woohyun's mouth. His face was beet red as he looked up and narrowed his eyes at the soccer player, "You talk too much."

Woohyun tried to say something but it came out muffled. Sunggyu furrowed his brows and released his mouth, letting him speak freely, "I really want to kiss you again."

"You do?"

"W-would you let me?"

Sunggyu didn't reply verbally. he tried to back away but Woohyun wouldn't let him. The brunet simply stepped closer and caught Sunggyu's chin with one hand, staring longingly at his lips, "Please hyung..."

"Woohyun-ah."

"Please."

"F-fine," his words were lost when Woohyun surged forward and took him again. It was hard, desperate, but felt much better than their first nervous wreck of a peck. In any other circumstances, it would have been perfect... but they were still in Sunggyu's front yard.

The two jumped in surprise when a set of sprinklers went off and started attacking them. Woohyun laughed in disbelief while Sunggyu tried to run back to his house for safety, "Let me go Woohyun!"

"Wow! Out of everything that could have happened, we get drenched by sprinklers!" he continued to laugh.

Sunggyu's face flushed again and he pulled himself free, retreating back to the porch of his house, "Go back home Woohyun! I'll see you tomorrow!"

The boy was too distracted to hear Sunggyu though. He spread his arms out and started twirling in the water, laughing unreservedly about how wonderful of a night it was. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and was going to disappear until Woohyun turned towards him, grinning his million watt smile, "Kim Sunggyu!"

"Nam Woohyun!"

"Thank you!" his grin grew, if that was even possible, "Thank you for being in my life!"

"You're over exaggerating!" Sunggyu shot back, freezing when he realized his family was probably sleeping so he hissed back, "Go inside Woohyun!"

Woohyun dropped his arms and stared fondly at Sunggyu, "Thank you."

The elder rolled his eyes and shooed him away. Woohyun laughed once more before turning around and disappearing back to his car. Sunggyu watched him grab his Hamtaro plushie and waved it at Sunggyu before sending him his greasy hearts. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and pretended to bat them away while Woohyun went back to his house. The two stared at each other for a little while before Woohyun puckered his lips as if to blow him a kiss,

Sunggyu flushed again and disappeared inside, ignoring the laugher he heard. He locked the door behind him and pressed his back against the mahogany. The elder let out a tired sigh and touched his lips, almost in disbelief. He had actually kissed Woohyun... he had accepted him, but what did that make them now?

Sunggyu wasn't sure, but he rather not label anything just yet. Right now, all he was certain of was that he liked Woohyun... maybe.

 

 


hehehehe theres a lot of new readers now. welcome! Like the poster? I got a very random message from Itscold saying they made it and needless to say i was very surprised. anyways i bet you're wondering why junhyung made a special appearence. in his thanks to for their new album, he mentioned sunggyu.. i thought it was cute, i had to do it. kay, ima try to proof read this before i go to bed. Night!

veezabimaru:  B2ST Junhyung wrote SG in his thank to in new album”thank you to Sunggyu who said he would be mine”  cr.MusicallyDazed  BEAST💖INFINITE  💕💕💕JUNHYUNG💖SUNGGYU

B2ST Junhyung wrote SG in his thank to in new album”thank you to Sunggyu who said he would be mine”
(Second row, dor those who read hangeul)

[x]