fifth

The Perks of Being Choi Siwon's Daughter: Caught Up in EunSiHae

"Good noon, sir. The clients for later? You're actually supposed to meet them in a resort not far from here. It's name is Grandeur Place, a new, pretty fancy and high-class resort here in the country."

Grandeur Place? I think I saw that sign before. I glanced at Uncle Hyuk and he sighed in disappointment as he was looking at Uncle Hae who rolled his eyes. Wait. I think I know now why they did that. This resort's name is Grandeur Place! I actually saw the sign when we parked the car awhile ago. Ah, yes, yes, right.

"What? Why in a resort? Are they sure that they want to talk a deal with me in that place? They can just talk to me at the office! Ugh, what's with these people."

"They said you shouldn't ditch them, sir. It's a once in a lifetime chance, they said. Well, could be, they said."

The two, old men started glaring at the man talking on his phone.

"Am I really not allowed to not meet them?"

"Well, they said they're important. But it's still your choice, sir, of course, if you really don't want to go. Why, sir? What important thing are you gonna do right now?"

Both men were already tired of standing, so they decided to sit and lie on the ground. They eventually got tired of waiting.

Dad hesitated to answer at first. "Uhm, vacation? Unplanned... vacation. And I don't think I can go back now. Just tell them there's an emergency. Just set me up an appointment with them some other time. Just, next time. Bye." Dad ended the call and looked at us.

Uncle Hyuk and Hae nodded in agreement when Dad said that.

I have this feeling that I already knew what's going on. "Wait, Grandeur Place? But this is Grandeur Place, Dad. So you're gonna meet them here?" The three of them looked at me.

"Oh, r-really?" Dad stuttered, can't believe that he was too ignorant to notice that this was actually their rendezvous.

Uncle Hyuk stood up abruptly. "Just take that deal. It's just here, right? We'll wait. But taking the deal or staying, it doesn't really matter at all anyway.”

“What?”

Uncle Hae followed Uncle Hyuk and stood. “Yeah, yeah. No conflicts at all.”

“You don't need to worry about the appointment you have today. Because you're already here, and your clients are already right in front of you,” Uncle Hyuk said matter-of-factly. Wow. What a great scheme they're pulling now.

“We have an appointment with you, Mr. Choi Siwon, and our deal is for you and Sofie to relax and enjoy with us in our vacation.” Woah. I can't help but feel amazed by these two. Wow Uncle Hae, you were really cool earlier.

“We already booked you for three days and two nights, so there's no turning back now, Mr. Choi, huh?” Uncle Hyuk, is this all your plan? Woah, I am indeed amazed – really.

Dad went speechless with his mouth hanging open and eyes closely glued to us. I started to crinkle my lips into a subtle smile, and I saw him forming his lips into a smile also.

Dad looked really happy as he let out  happy sighs and inhaled happy breaths. "Seriously, you guys are just, ah, I just, I'm just really thankful for you all. Just, thank you." He felt so sincere that I thought he could cry any second. 

We all looked at him and smiled, indicating that the feeling was undeniably mutual. 

"Well, that's what friends are for, as they say," Uncle Hyuk boastfully said, showing how confident he was with his friends.

"Sky's the limit," Uncle Hae added as he pointed to the clear sky above us, hinting a sense of joy in his words now that no one could ever stop them from doing what they have planned.

"Seriously, this scheme is something that I haven't experienced beforehand. I rushed and worried knowing that something bad is bound to happen if I don't do at least a thing, and I am utterly pissed at the fact that everything is a lie," Dad explained, and we all shot confused and worried faces at the talking man, maybe shocked from the sudden mood change. "But the love between family members and friends overshadows every nautical nonsense and bad deeds committed. There's always that tiny seed of love that grows and blooms that would make them continue loving each other, and one would even feel stupid about still accepting those people despite all, but nothing really matters afterwards. And I can attest to that. Because I know this bond I am in is unbreakable. True that."

"Uncle Hyuk, Uncle Hae, the recent events still don't sink in to me, but I just want to thank you, guys, for existing although we were tricked, I don't know but I still feel thankful that you did all of those because you care for Dad. Really, thank you."

Both of them look alternately at Dad and me, and they couldn't hide their gratefulness as they flashed toothy and gummy smiles. 

"Group hug again!" Uncle Hyuk suddenly blurted out as he spread out his hands as big as he can to accommodate us in yet another big group hug.

"Okay, so before we cry buckets of tears because of this somehow overly-dramatic scene we have right here, why don't we just go down and have our lunch? Like, we've been here for so long and it's already soooo hot. Let's freshen our bodies and stomachs, will we, okay?" Uncle Hae suggested. Yes, it's just so hot in here and we're already hungry after all that rushing and running.

We all agreed to go down and head to the hotel restaurant. We walked along the carpeted flooring and marble walls which reflected the dim lights and went to the nearest elevator we could find. Uncle Hae took the privilege of pushing the button going down which immediately lit. We saw our reflections on the elevator and what I saw was picture-perfect worthy.

"To think of it, we actually look really good, yet we haven't even took a picture together," Dad commented as we all looked at the image in front of us while waiting for the elevator to open.

"What's the use of a vacation if we won't take pictures, right?" Uncle Hyuk replied as the door of the lift opened up and we finally went inside.

"But wait, because you haven't told us about this vacation, we haven't brought anything. We went here empty-handed. So... how..." I expressed and stopped at the thought of that as we positioned ourselves inside. Ah, the smell of this reminded me of summer spent in a hotel. But how are we supposed to enjoy this if we don't have anything?

Uncle Hae again pressed the button labeled with the letter "G."  

"Oh! Yeah right! We'll just gonna go ho-"

Uncle Hyuk raised his hand in front of Dad's face. "Don't worry about your things. I already told your house helpers to pack everything for you two. So no need to worry," he said matter-of-factly.

That's why I noticed that my closet lacked a handful of clothes and summer attires! 

"Oh, okay. But where are our things?" Dad asked.

Uncle Hyuk slid his hands into his pocket and got a hotel keycard. "Already in your room. 4-0-7. Especially for you and Sofie," he smiled as Dad reached for the keycard.

"And... you two?"

"Donghae and I are gonna stay in Room 405."

"Why didn't you just get 406? Or 408?"

The door finally opened for us to see the big and grand hotel lobby.

"We have invited another guest, you see," Uncle Hyuk smirked as we all looked in front of us, ready to go out.

"Who will be staying in 406," Uncle Hae added.

We all walked out and headed to the hotel restaurant. Another guest? I wonder who it will be.