007

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 7

9 ‘o clock sharp. The two preferably named Kyungsoo and Sooyeon were walking home since a car decided it didn’t want to work on this particular cold night.

She didn’t mind the walk however the horrible cold that was engulfing her body said otherwise. She was shivering with every step and D.O wasn’t blind nor was he stupid. He sighed and took off his blazer, gently laying it on her shoulders.

She looked up for a moment. ‘When did you become so nice?’ She teased.

He snickered. ‘Since I was born’. She shook her head letting out a small chuckle too.

‘Good work today’ he commented. He hadn’t had the chance to properly thank her due to her popularity at work among the male workers, so he thought now was the perfect time.

‘Good work? I did great. This is why you should take me with you more often’ she wriggled her eyebrows.

‘Ha ha. Don’t flatter yourself’ he flicked her forehead but only received a hard punch to the shoulder. She sprinted off yelling ‘First one to the house wins’. Leaving Kyungsoo confused for a moment before he finally started running too.

D.O was supposed to be a mature 21 year old, but here he was racing a 19 year old. But he was having fun. Something he didn’t have for a while. He’d been so busy that he forgot to give himself time. Time to relax, to play to have fun and smile.

He was grinning ear to ear when he had suppress her, only to later find Sooyeon running 3x faster than any human could.

‘YAH YOU CHEATER’ He yelled as he realised she was using her ‘powers’. He finally slowed down approaching the house where Sooyeon was already standing. She stuck her tongue at him. ‘There weren’t any rules saying I couldn’t’ she laughed as she twisted the door knob.

He was about to tell her it’s locked, fishing out his keys until he heard her successfully opening the door. Kyungsoo creased his eyebrows.

The door wasn’t locked?

‘Yah, did you not lock the door?’ He asked her walking in. No response.

‘Sooyeon?’ He walked in further only to see Sooyeon frozen and the place, holding a palm sized note in her right hand.

Their home was ruined.

Trashed, destroyed.

He too was speechless. All he could think about is what happened.

What if she was at home?

He was relieved she left the house. But he was still angry about the scene. He was pacing around the room, checking out everything that happened.

It was bad, and would take ages to clean.

He was lost in thought until he heard a soft mumbled.

‘They… were looking for me. I’m sorry’ She had her head downwards, not daring to look at D.O. ‘Maybe… I should just leave. I’m only causing you trouble.’

He softened. It was true, but he enjoyed having her around. She turned his scheduled life into a roll coaster ride. And he loved it.

‘It’s not your fault’ He patted the female’s head in attempt to comfort her. ‘It’s okay, we’ll just move so they can’t find you alright?’ He finally took notice to the paper in her hand, slightly crumpled but still readable.

He gently took it off her hands and to his disgust, it was a message.

From them.

‘Dear Sooyeon, Just give up, you can’t stay out there for long. We promise not to hurt anyone if you come back nicely. Be a good girl.’

She finally lifted her head, he could see her eyes were a little worried but she managed to control them well. ‘They’re going to hurt you’ He could hear fear lingering every word. A frown reached his face as he forced her to look at him.

‘Have you forgotten, I am Do Kyungsoo! I’ll find us a safer and nicer place than this that we’ll call home’ He smiled proudly in hopes to lighten the mood.

'And I’ll never abandon you, I’ll protect you.' He thought.

And he succeeded. To his delight, he heard her soothing chuckle.

‘Don’t flatter yourself’ She repeated his exact words.

 

###

 

‘Wow, you were right… This place is amazing’ she gasped, dropping her bags and began roaming the house, which little bigger than the old one.

He chuckled, watching her amused.

How he did it? She would never know. Who is able to move out and settle in a completely new apartment in a matter of hours, not to mention it was past midnight too.

‘Alright unpack! This is now our new home’ He motioned her. She nodded exciting.

‘HOLD UP. Yah Kyungsoo’

‘I’m older than you’ He retorted while she completely ignored his comment.

‘There only one room?........’ He raised an eyebrow and walked towards where she was standing

‘There’s only one room.’ He face-palmed himself, forgetting about that problem.

.

‘Guess we’re sharing’ Sooyeon said casually.

He looked at her weirdly. She couldn’t be serious.

‘What, it’s not like you’re gonna do anything’

‘Unless….’

‘NO.’ He quickly answered, maybe faster than he should have. ‘I just thought you’d be uncomfortable’. He covered up. ‘Are you sure?’

Sooyeon looked at him, not fully believing the other male. ‘I’m sure’ she smiled. ‘Why are you embarrassed to be sleeping such a hot girl like me’ she , throwing him a tee-shirt and track pants.

The boy turned bright red. He suddenly got an idea. ‘Hot? Please’ He retorted taking off his clothes on the spot. ‘This is hot’ He pointed at himself, topless.

She quickly became flustered but managed to play it cool, rolling her eyes and slapping his , causing him to whine in pain.

‘Hurry up and change.’ She urged him, whining.

She would be lying if she said that he wasn’t attractive.

Heck, she could have sworn she was drooling.

He laughed as she stormed out of the room.

Was the mighty Sooyeon embarrassed?

He chuckled as he remembered her flustered face.

Sooyeon never embarrassed. It was usually the other way around,

But today, the tables have turned.  

 

###


 

Authors Note: 3 words. Pray for Korea.

174 people were ucky enough to make it out alive,

64 who are comfirmed dead.

Remainding 238 people are currently missing.

Pray for korea and all the famailies of the dead and missing passangers.

Such  shame that a majority of the passengers were only students too.

#PrayForKorea #SewonTragedy