024

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 24

Her head felt heavy as she forcefully sat up, clutching her head for support. She looked around only to let out a soft sigh when she saw the warmest sight of her boys lying around the place, still sleeping.

It was cute, but she wasn’t going to admit it.

She squinted at the clock.  8:42AM.

To her, it was way too early.

Sooyeon made sure to be extra quiet, while getting up to grab a cup of water from the fridge, but she was anything but quiet. While getting up, she managed to miss Tao who had his legs sticking out while he was knocked out and she tripped, her landing on the hard tiles.

 ‘! ing Tao’ she grunted, getting up. She glared at the boy who was still sleeping and gave him a light nudge with her leg. No response.

‘Not even sure if his dead or sleeping’ she muttered.

She widened her eyes when she heard some of the others start to toss and turn.

‘Don’t you dare wake up; I’m not in the mood for questions’ she mentally cussed at them. When there were no longer any signs of movement, she looked back at Tao.

‘Stupid deep-sleeping Panda. I’d beat your by now if you were awake.’ She mumbled, now heading to get the long awaited water she wanted before she was rudely interrupted.

She made herself comfortable on the table sipping on the cup of cold water.

What even happened yesterday?

All she remembered was an intense ringing pain that shocked her, and then the next minute it went black.

She sighed as she had no clue. Tossing the cup aside, she headed towards the door, slipping on her shoes and her hands reaching towards the metal bars. Her body tensed as the garage door was lifted up but not by her doing. The lass heard her name being called as her eyes was greeted with another.

‘Sooyeon’ Chen who had just carefully waked through the entrance, had been surprised to see her.

‘Wait weren’t you sleeping with the others?’ She hasn’t notice that he was missing.

He glared at her, knowing her intentions. ‘You aren’t going anyone, now sit your back down, you’re not well.’ His firm voice made her wince. She grunted, mumbling some quiet insults before stomping back in with her arms tightly crossed against her chest.

She took a seat on the table she had just been at and Chen joined her.

‘What was yesterday all about’ He was straight to the point.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ She shrugged.

He glared at her, until letting out a sigh when she returned the same playful glare. ‘Just don’t do that again. We thought you were going to die or something.’ He lightly slapped her face, getting up to wake up his fellow members spawned on the floor.

She growled. ‘Me, Die? Pft …. it’s gonna take more than some headache you idiot’ She chucked. Following his trail, she also got up and started to kick the closest (and unfortunate) friends on the floor. ‘Wake up’ she started to annoy them.

Chen smiled.

‘Let’s just hope so.’ He chimed. 

 

###

 

After a long lecture about the whole incident at the bank, Kyungsoo and his friend barely got out of the big man’s office alive.

‘It could have been worse’ JB shrugged, walking side-by-side with D.O. ‘See you later; i have some business to catch up on’. Kyungsoo gave him an acknowledging nod before also taking his leave.

It had been his fault again that they failed.

Why? Because he had been so caught up with himself.

With her.

He needed a place to go. Home? Not today, he smirked as he knew who. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he dialled a few number gently placed the device hovering above his right ear. After a couple of rings, he finally heard the other line answer.

‘Kai, yeah I’m coming over in like 10’ He said, loosening his tie.

‘Did you just self-invite yourself to my house.’ The younger male mocked.

‘Yeah, so you better open up whether you like it or not’ He joked before hanging up.

‘Yeah yeah geez’.

 

###

 

The male stood in front of the familiar apartment door and rang the doorbell a couple of times before the door swang open, revealing his best friend.

Kim Jongin.

‘So what brings you here’ Kai questioned with his arms over his chest and leaning against the frame of the door.  His friend rolled his eyebrows before pushing himself in.

‘Just like her’ Kai mentally chuckled as he followed Kyungsoo in, closing the door behind him.

D.O tiredly sat on the couch, as he starred at the TV blankly, not giving any attention as to what was being said. There was a moment of silence before Kai became agitated and broke it.

‘So like are you going to tell me what’s going on or are you just here to use my TV?’ He eyed the other male. Kyungsoo paused and watched the TV a little more before finally he let out a deep sigh. Something he has been doing so much over the last few months.

‘Kai…’ He started, fidgeting with his fingers. ‘Is it – am I crazy if I told you that I think…. Sooyeon’s… she’s back?’ He was jumping from words to words, he barely made sense as he frustrated ruffled his own hair harshly.

He didn’t hear a response and so he looked up, only to see Kai with his lips, thinly pressed together. Quietly thinking he assumed.

He groaned and sunk back into the couch.

‘I saw her. I’m sure of it. Unless I’m going insane I’m sure I saw her! I don’t get it. I don’t get it Kai!’ He started going off at the poor boy.  

‘and I don’t know what’s worst. That she’s back as a criminal or that she’s acting like she doesn’t remember me.’ Kyungsoo hit his breaking point. Kai sat in silence watching his best friend crumble before his eyes.

‘Kyungsoo…’ Kai calmly approached him hesitantly.

‘You’re… You’re not going crazy. Sooyeon…. She’s been back for a while and’ Kyungsoo slowly lifted his head from his palms, wondering if his eyes were playing tricks on him, he uttered a slight ‘what’ in disbelief.

Jongin was now staring eye to eye with his best friend.

‘Sooyeon’s is back and I would know. I helped her escaped. Because… My uncle is the reason to blame.’ He carefully observed D.O letting the information process through. He looked almost, soulless but relived at the same time.

Kai sighed. ‘She’s been making a lot of trouble over the last 18 months. Got herself into a load of mischief and I couldn’t really stop her. She’s been the centre of attention too, wanted for her expert fields of work.’ He saw his friend tense up. ‘But she’s safe. I made sure she is, she has people protecting and watching over her if I’m not there’. He smiled a little re-calling the first meeting with her ‘gang’.

D.O was quiet. ‘So I really did see her…’ He breathed. ‘I…. I’m such a ing idiot. Kai, where is she? I have to see her. Please’ He begged, with watery eyes, threatening to spill.

‘Kyungsoo… you can’t she’s lost her memories Kyungsoo. And that portion that disappeared includes the moments with you… ‘

‘Was it… my fault?’ He couldn’t help but ask, everything seemed to be his entire fault lately.

‘No!’ The younger male replied a little too fast. ‘No it isn’t, when she escaped, she was still hooked onto machines but I had no time to remove them properly so instinctively, I had to pull it all off’.

‘I didn’t know that it came with some minor effects. But from what researched, during the time when hooked onto the machine, you basically entire into a world in your head, being able to go through and watch your thoughts and memories. Sort of like a personal cinema…. And that time where you out, you got to choose what you could erase.’ He wasn’t so sure if it was a good idea to say it, but he couldn’t hide it forever.

D.O paused for a moment, trying to let all this drama sink in.

‘Does that mean….’

‘She chose what she wanted to forget.’ Kai finished, letting out the saddening truth.

Sooyeon had chosen to wipe Kyungsoo out of her thoughts, her memories and her mind.

Letting the thought process, the fact that he hurt her so much that she voluntarily erased the precious seconds with each other; the last bits of Kyungsoo’s wall had officially crumbled.

###


Author's Note: That was a long chapter hehe. BTW HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW GIRL GROUP YE-A? THEY JUST DEBUTED AND I THINK THEY HAVE POTIENTIAL TBH 

(DEBUT SONG)

(AMAZING DANCING BY THEM LIKE WUTT)

I honestly have high hopes for them because they are pretty good AHAHA! Anyways yeah, make sure you check them out (or not, i aint yo mama) and have a nice day xo (: Comments and Upvotes are greatly appreciated <3 Subscribe too hehe (-;