016

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 16

So there the 2 were; sitting face to face.

The room filled with awkward .The meeting after 4 years and yet none of them had spoken. Kyungsoo just starred at her, however he expected to feel overwhelmed to have her back, but why was it that he could olny think and worry about

‘So how are you?’ she finally said something.

‘How am i…’ he repeated calmly, slightly in disbelief.

‘Is that really all? 4 years have gone by, no contact with you and yet that’s all you ask? How am i?’ He didn’t mean to shout, it’s not usually in him to do so, but his voice seemed to get higher and louder by itself. Especially when on the car he noticed she was on her phone throughout the whole trip back.

Did she not care as much as he did?

 If she had a phone, why didn’t she bother calling him in any of the 1424 days?

It both puzzled and angered him all at the same time. Instead of the relief and ‘true happiness’ that he wanted

She lowered her head and all he could do was sigh.

‘You’ve grown out your hair’ she nodded.

‘and you’ve matured hey?’ This time he nodded.

Awkward silence filled the room. This really wasn’t what Kyungsoo wanted or was expecting. Luckily for him the phone rang as she excused herself timidly to go out and answer the phone. Kyungsoo sat back into the soft couch.

‘Well this is great’ He mumbled to himself before closing his eyes. Almost immediately, his mind flocked with pictures and memories of the two and regret was starting to make its way in his body.

Overall, let’s just say that he was feeling anything but ‘good’.

Quickly shaking the thoughts out, he stood up. Hyeri was taking a while so he thought he’d check up on her. Just as he was about to walk towards the main bedroom, he could hear her still talking from outside of the bedroom.

Curiosity got the best of him as he found himself against the side of the wall, trying his best to listen.

‘I can’t do this’

‘When are you coming?’

‘Alright. I got it, love you too’

His eyes widened as shocked at what he heard. His body went numb as he felt betrayed. He deserves this though.

This was probably how Sooyeon was feeling.

He looked at the wall trying to figure out what he had just heard has to do with her. Or at least he hoped that it had nothing to do with Sooyeon. D.O prayed that it was a misunderstanding, but it was pretty clear that Hyerin was probably involved in the whole process.

And he was going to find out everything and make things right.

‘Oh Kyungsoo, did you need something in this room?’ She eyed him, stepping out.

He coughed. ‘Um, I was just wondering if you needed a shower or something.’ He watched as she thought about it before nodding. Handing over some of his spare clothing, he stood by the doorway watching her place down her phone. It was exactly what he needed. She passed him with a smile too fake as he returned the same meaningless grin.

Quick on his feet, as soon as he heard the water run, Kyungsoo lightly making his way towards the device much similar to the one he had himself. Swiping the phone and successfully getting in, he mentally praised himself for remembering her passcode back in the day and also lucky that his former lover hadn’t changed anything.

Gliding his finger across the screen, he immediately tapped on the call log, knowing that he’d find exactly what he was looking for. His eyes landed on the number as he looked at it. Hesitantly, he clicked on it, holding his breath when the ringing started.

‘Hello?’ He heard the male voice. He froze, he didn’t really have a plan when he went checking her phone, only because he didn’t think that he’d actually get this far.

‘Hyerin?...’ The other person at the end of the line repeated.

‘Um, I found this found on the streets, may I ask who you are?’ He lied, slightly changing his voice in case it was someone familiar.

There was a pause before he heard the other man spoke again.

‘Oh I see, send the phone over to one of these addresses I’ll send you in a moment, whatever’s easier and tell her that Dr.Kim said to be more careful.’ He stated slowly.

‘Oh, alright’ and with that he hung up. Looking back at the screen, waiting for the message that came only shortly after.  Realising it was his own address and the other was unknown, he knew he needed to save it somewhere.

He prayed that it would have something to do with Sooyeon.

Hearing the water stopped made him panicked as he pulled out his own phone. Quickly he fumbled around trying to take a picture before placing the phone back in its original place and exiting the room like nothing happened. On the way out, he crossed path with Hyerin who had a towel around her hair.  She smiled at him, but he just didn’t look at her with the love he once did.  He just awkwardly nodded before passing her, but he didn’t get far until she grabbed onto his arm.

‘Kyungsoo’ she called him. He closed his eyes and then opened them before turning around, humming a slight ‘yeah?’.

‘Nothing, I’m just glad to be back with you’ she whispered.

Lies. He knew those empty words were just lies.

‘Mmm. Me too Hyerin.’ This time she smiled and walked back to her room, but she stopped hearing him speak.

‘I would have been glad Hyerin. But you and I both know clearly that I'm not'. He voice was harsh, it even shocked Hyeri .

She turned around confused. ‘Kyungsoo… I don't unde-'

‘Save it, I know. I actually thought I was doing the right thing. I loved you Hyerin.’ He breathed.

‘How could you. Just leave me on that cold night 4 years ago. I thought we had it all, I thought we were happy. I thought that maybe if I’d see you again, we could finally be together again.’ He looked her straight into her eyes full of guilt.

‘But then I realised it’s just me’ His words stung like a . Venom filled in every breath.

‘You…you heard didn’t you’ she gulped as he stared back fiercely at her, unwilling to answer.

‘Now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way’ D.O stepped closer to her as she stepped backed eventually stopped by the wall.

‘Where’s Sooyeon.’

 


Author's Note: I've planned all the chapters till the end so all i really have to do is write them! Ahem *Sarcastic Voice* Hoorary for me! Just kidding, I'm happy to write for all y'all amazing peeps out there! I'm not so sure what time it is but i'm going to assume/pretend that it's late so get yo beauty sleep and stay pretty/handsome idk man ok bye AHAHAHA.