010

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 10

D.O stood in the mirror, adjusting his tie and brushing his hair so that it was slightly styled upwards. He sighed. He didn’t feel like attending but he had to.

Flashback

‘Hey, you seriously have to go. No exceptions okay?’ His tallest friend slung his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

He looked up and lightly shrugged.

‘Come on, it’ll do you some good’ Baekhyun added with a friendly smile.

It had almost been a month, and yet Sooyeon hadn’t come back. He would be lying if he said he didn’t miss her. It wasn’t like this was the first time she left. He spent years living alone before she came but now, he just felt empty without her.

It was weird.  And so he did the only thing he could do. Ignore his feelings and trust her.

‘You have to come,  Suho’s parents invited you and it’ll be rude not to show up’ The youngest, Sehun said munching on some snacks he found in D.O’s cabinet.

Kyungsoo finally but reluctantly gave in while his friends cheered in victory. It wouldn’t feel the same if all of them didn’t go. It was one Suho’s parent’s party after all.

‘There’s gonna be hot girls there’ Baekhyun winked at Kai who just smirked in return.

‘It’s a formal party, so see you at 8 when it starts okay’ Suho glared at Baekhyun before pushing the rest up to leave.

End of Flashback

Making the last few finishing touches he grabbed his keys and jogged outside towards his car. Feeling a slight vibration, he pulled out his phone, with one hand still on the steering wheel; answer the phone on speaker before tossing it over to the passenger seat.

‘Hello, Kyungsoo?’ The male on the other end spoke up. He immediately recognised the voice as no other than the party host himself.

‘Uh. I’m almost there hyung. Just give me 5 minutes’ He replied, eyes on the road.

‘Alright, meet you inside’ And with that the line ended.

Kyungsoo was a man of his words and in less than 5 minutes he found himself, handing over the party invitation to the body guard outside and making his way through the large black and gold gates that specifically only allowed guests with invitations to enter.

It was indeed a formal party. He thought has he made his way through the crowd.

People from all different business and classes had gathered. Men dressed in stunning tuxedos holding champagne glasses and women wearing beautiful elegant dresses of all different style and colour. There was a long white table on the side, filled with countless of mouth-watering food and if that wasn’t enough, there were also waiters hired to walk around the night holding trays of food too. The room was brightly lit with a large glass chandelier hanging above the guests in the middle.

They outdid themselves this year he had to admit. But it was Suho’s family after all. Their parties were always exquisite.

It was almost as if it was a ball.

But where was his Cinderella?

He finally reached his arranged table where he greeted his 3 friends already sitting there.

‘There he is’ Suho smiled brightly and gave his friend a small hug. Kyungsoo returned the smile. ‘Of course I’d be here.’

‘Where’s Kai and Baekhyun?’ He noticed the 2 were missing.

‘Over there somewhere. Probably trying to get with some girls like they planned earlier’ Chanyeol messily explained while chewing.

Kyungsoo laughed and took a seat beside Sehun and turned to look in the direction Chanyeol had mentioned earlier. Of course, there was Baekhyun smoothly talking to the girl as she shyly giggled and Kai not too far away, also talking to a woman who caught Kyungsoo’s eye. It was strange, she didn’t seem to be fawning over his good looks or sweet words.

She had a strapless dress on, a dress half navy at the top and a beautiful begie colour flowing down to her knees. Her light brown hair was neatly curled and evenly brushed to both sides.

f19b572c894d8eaf49f044aaa5605439.jpg

 He couldn’t quiet see her face as she was talking to Kai, her back facing in his direction and he mentally cursed as curiosity had filled his mind.

D.O wasn’t usually nosy. He finally snapped out of his deep thought when he heard an announcement he didn’t quite catch. He looked confused but thankfully Suho extend a hand, holding a mask.

‘What are we 5?’ He snickered as he grabbed the mask.

‘We got to stick to the theme this year’ He simply chuckled, putting on his own mask. The oldest finally turned and call over the other 2, also kindly handing them each a different mask.

Kyungsoo turned around in that direction for the last time, watching the same girl put on a black mask, corresponding to her shoes, and disappear into the crowd. He sighed and turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulders.

‘You’ll enjoy the night. I’m sure of that. Just… keep an eye out…’ Kai smiled encouragingly.

‘What is that even supposed to mean’ He raised an eyebrow at the younger male but they both ended up just laughing it off.

 

###

 

‘So, find anyone you fancy’ Baekhyun was holding his 3rd glass of wine yet the boy still hadn’t gotten drunk. He had always had a good tolerance of alcohol, something Kyungsoo himself wasn’t too good at.

Kyungsoo scoffed and stopped when he heard a voice call out his name.

‘D.O! I didn’t know you’d be here’ He whipped his head around only to be greeted with the one and only Minhee, in a dress also but it was nothing special that caught his attention.

But that was a lie. She was well aware he would of course attend his best friend’s party. But they didn’t need to know that.

He quickly turned to his friends with pleading eyes. Of course being good friends that they are, they just awkwardly laughed and backed away, none of them daring enough to look into Kyungsoo’s eye.

‘I’ll kill them all’ He muttered, making sure she didn’t hear him.

He turned back to Minhee. ‘Great, now I’m stuck’. He thought as he uncomfortably smiled at her.

 

###

 

‘Honestly . Do you think this colour matches my nail polish?’ Minhee blabbered on and on. First about her day, then about her outfit, next was about the party and who can forget about her outfit. AGAIN.

He mentally groaned as he stood shifting around, barely listening to the girl in front of him. That’s when at the corner of his eyes he spotted a familiar navy mask. Expect she was looking straight into his eyes and threw him a dazzling smile as she place her chin above her laced hands.

It was all too familiar, but he couldn’t think of an answer so naturally instead he returns the smile.  As if he knew her, as if he had met this stranger.

‘Hey are you listening?’ He was force to shift his attention back to the needy girl still going on and on.

‘Huh, yeah, it looks nice’ He replied carelessly, having literally no clue what she was talking about.

‘Really I think so too!’

Fortunately and ever so luckily for him, Suho stood on the centre stage, clearly his throat, catching everyone’s attention.

‘I hope you all are enjoying this party, but now it’s time to find a stranger, friend anyone to dance with.’ He announced before the music was .

‘D.O do you want to dance?’ Minhe suggested shyly.

Honestly. Nope.

But he couldn’t reject her. Just as he was about to open his mouth,  some else did for him.

‘Actually, if you don’t mind, can I just steal him off you?’ They both heard a soothing voice.

Kyungsoo turned around to the girl he had been eyeing all night. She was prettier up close, even with a mask on. He was thankful she had come just in time as he nodded and headed to the dance floor, leaving Minhee behind slightly still trying to grasp on the situation.

He automatically reached out for her hand as he started leading her on. Dancing and elegantly swaying to the music and strangely comfortable in each other’s present.

As if they met for years now.

He felt slightly wrong dancing with another woman when he has already grown an attachment the missing Sooyeon.

‘Forget about her for one night’ He told himself.  But he knew that he wouldn’t, even if he tried his best it wouldn’t work.

‘So who may be that has the honour of dancing with me tonight?’ He chuckled lightly, still dancing.

‘I may ask you the same thing’ was her only response.

He paused for a moment. ‘D.O and you?’ He twirled her gently.

Right when she twirled back, the words she whispered reminded him of Sooyeon.

‘If you’re not going to tell me your real name, I don’t see why is should too’ She chuckled. He smiled and took in a moment to absorb her lingering sweet fragrance of roses. He was about to open his mouth to reply until someone bumped into him, accidently causing him to fall also.

‘Hey watch where you’re going’ He mumbled, clearly irritated as he got up dusting invisible dust off his pants. He looked the girl who had just bumped into him, expecting an apology. Instead she just stood there; arms crossed her black long dress that had a slight slit to showcase her long slender legs and gold heels boosting her height. Her skin contrasting with the dress she chose perfectly making her look as if she was glowing and lastly her hair naturally fell to her past her shoulders, brushed to one side. She had a gold mask on, so he couldn’t tell who this stranger was.

64329166.jpg

Tonight was just all about strangers.

He turned back to the girl he had just been dancing with only to see she had been long gone. He eyed the girl In front of him still stubbornly refusing to apologize. First she bumped into him, now his date left.

Great.

He gave her one last stare and just when he was about to turn away, not bothering to spare her of any word, but then he heard her words.

The words she whispered  that caught him completely off guard.

‘I can’t believe you don’t recognise me. Has it really been that long?’ He could hear the slight disappointment in every word.

Kyungsoo froze. What was she talking about?

‘I thought at least a good 2 minutes would’ve given you enough time to catch on by now. Have you gotten stupider or something’ She snickered.  Finally letting him hear her clear, delicate voice. He turned around and looked at her. His eyebrows creased.

He knew that voice.

The voice he hasn’t heard for a month now.

‘Sooyeon………..’ He finally breathed.  He could have sworn he was dreaming.

She finally stopped fidgeting with the hem of her dress, looking straight into his eyes as she slowly pulled down her golden laced mask finally revealing her face that he had missed so much. The smile he had been addicted to and the eyes that were mesmerizing. He hated to admit it but he was attracted to her all over again.

And tonight proved that it was only her.

‘I missed you too……. Kyungsoo’.

 

###


 

Authors Note: Heheeh, Party at $UHO's cos his a rich motherfker (":

Did you think the girl with the Black Mask was Sooyeon?

Surprise cos it wasn't LOL But seriously, remember her ok? Becos she's an important character #HINT# -Wink wink-

It's a pretty long update, so that'll probably mean i'll be away a little longer than ususal but i'm hoping not too long!

BTW I MADDE TUMBLR DEDICATED TO OUR SATAN DO KYUNGSOO <3 Follow for follow guys? {:

http://dorky-ungsoo.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n4zwawEXY61s8c78no8_250.gif

Kamsamida! Until next update guys :D