019

Runaway Experiment (DISCONTINUED SORRY Y'ALL)

Chapter 19

Huffing and panting, the female now 20 (almost 21) stood in front of the door of an apartment, catching her breath before she violently banged on the door.

‘Coming, stop banging or you’ll break down the door’ A male voice could be heard from the other side of the door. Sooyeon rolled her eyes, disobediently pounding the door even harder until it abruptly swang open.

‘And Good Afternnon to you to Soyeon. You never listen do you?’ the tan male leaned across the door frame.

‘Shut your trap Kai’ she playfully pushed him aside and walked in. He smirked and followed her inside, watching her toss a black bag on the table and going straight to the fridge, comfortably searching for food as if it was her own house.

‘Kai, you really need to go shopping, Why is there no food’ She groaned dramatically.

‘Well, I don’t know. I wouldn’t need to if someone didn’t come over 2 days again and clear out MY fridge.’ He retorted, directing it to her.

She just gave him a playful smile and shrugged.

‘Wonder who that must have been’.

He finally got up and that’s when his attention finally noticed the bag. ‘What’s in the bag Soo’ He asked, attempting the grab it until he heard her say something on the lines of ‘Open it, and I’ll open you up’ which sounded weird but didn’t sound very pleasant either. He chuckle nervously, stepping away from the bag.

‘Alright, alright’ he held up his hands signalling defeat, while she went back to going through literally every cupboard that Kai owned.

‘You know…’ He started, his playful voice turning into a serious tone. ‘It’s not right to be living like this’.

‘Like what’ She challenged.

‘A criminal’ He answered but he knew it wasn’t her fault. Ever since Sooyeon was captured, in that 2 months’ time period, was more than enough to teach her to instinctively act like a criminal and to feel the need to use her powers for the wrong. However before Dr.Kim could complete anything and turn her into a machine, for his own use, Sooyeon was able to escape.

How did he know this?

Because Kim Jongin was the nephew of Dr.Kim. It took him a while but when it had finally hit him, he felt utterly disgusted to be related in any way to a despicable waste of space like his uncle.  Barely managing to help Sooyeon escape, Kai helped her out before he could complete his bulll, however everything came with a price. By removing Sooyeon from the machine she was attached to, before it could finish, it caused her to also lose some but not all of her memories. This including the memories of all the time she had spent with his best friend. And most importantly what Kyungsoo did to her. Kai had known for a while now, because his friend called him up one day, drunk and a sobbing mess, spilling everything over the phone. He pitied the older male, but there wasn’t much he could do.

For now that is.

Sooyeon chose the criminal life, seeing it was like the only thing she naturally knew how to do, and Kai didn’t really have a say in it. It was bad yes, but it wasn’t as bad. She only killed a couple of people if she really needed to……

Kai snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her long sigh.

‘How do you survive?’ She finally gave up searching for food and plopped herself on the couch next to him.

‘Like a normal human being’ He answered in a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone. ‘Maybe you should try it’

‘Am I a ‘normal’ human being?’ He kept quiet. She sighed another time. ‘Exactly. And I never will be.’

‘But-‘ His cut off.

‘I know, it’s because you care. But I’m doing fine, and that’s all that matters right?’ she smiled, giving him a quick hug and getting up.

‘Anyways, I have some stolen to deliver, so I’ll catch you later’ She slings the bag over her shoulder and walks out, leaving Jongin nothing to do but sigh.

 

###

 

Sooyeon travelled on foot, but thanks to her incredible speed, she managed to arrive in front of an alley way, with a large garage, gratified all over, faster than she should have. She used her feet to kick off the latches and single handedly lifted up the metal barrier, before sliding in and careless dropping the door back down, causing it to crash down with a large bang.

In the garage, was a pretty spacious interior that was messily decorated but nevertheless was…...decent. Couches, TVs, a few computers, she swore that there was knives and guns lying around somewhere and more. Occansionally random stolen was lying on the floor but that never seemed to bother anyone. It was all over the place, but it wasn’t like anyone cared. None of the 6 boys lazing around in front of her did, and it didn’t bother her any more so they all just left it.

‘Welcome home princess’ The baby-faced male greeted her teasingly. She growled at him before chucking the black bag full of stolen goods on the table and taking a seat.

‘Stop teasing the poor girl Luhan-hyung. What’s this?’ Another asked moving his head in the direction she put the bag at.

‘This Tao, is $5000 worth of stuff’.  She smirked at him, while his eyes twinkle in excitement.

‘Stop showing off Sooyeon’ the guy next to Tao hollered.

‘Sorry you Kris’ she retorted, giving him the finger as he pretended to be hurt.

‘Now now, let’s not fight hey’ Lay stepped in.

Xiumin, another of the guys Sooyeon called ‘family’ was digging through the bag, checking out the items. ‘Nice one Sooyeon, I could probably sell this for a little more than $5000’ he held up one of the necklaces swinging it recklessly on his finger.

She shrugged. ‘You do your thing’.

They all gathered around the table, checking out the jewellery and helping arrange what each was and what it was worth before their attention shifted to the male who was watching TV.

‘Aww lookie, our baby Sooyeon is famous’ causing the boys to laugh uncontrollably at the irony that their obnoxious Sooyeon would be on TV.

‘Shut your face Chen’ She whined at the boy, receiving snickers from the rest. She looked up to the TV to see a sketch of herself that looked surprisingly similar. ‘Doesn’t even look like me’ She joked.

‘You’re right. You’re not that pretty’ Kris dangerously commented.

Sooyeon immediately pounced on him, having a little mini fist fight on the floor as the other boys just sat and watched. Some laughed, some shook their heads but most of all they were all having fun. This here was Sooyeon’s family. How she lived. For the past year, since she met them, she immediately got along well and they too shared their stories. One thing they all shared in common was that they didn’t have perfect lives, but they had each other. And that was enough.

18 months ago, Sooyeon would never imagine herself to act this way, let alone let her future be like this.

But here she was, stealing for a living.

Fighting as a hobby.

And choosing to be a criminal in her life.

 


Author's Note: SURPRISE. Well... Sooyeon's literally livin' the thug life with EXO-M cos y not HAHAHA. I've gotten chapter 20 pre-written because i kinda got carried away, so yeah! Look forward to the next update that would probably be pretty soon :-)

Thanks for reading as usual and enjoy your day to the fullest guys!