Chapter 8

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everywhere you go, my heart will follow,

Down this broken road, I will be your shadow.

When your heart is burning cold, and your world keeps throwing stones,

Everywhere you go, I’ll be there.

KyonDae hadn’t seen L.Joe again since that day. After his sudden outburst, KyonDae worked quietly at MyungSoo’s place for the weekends and L.Joe didn’t go there as he usually did. She thought of going to his house to see how he was doing and if he was feeling much better but she didn’t have the courage to do so.

KyonDae was still a little scared that L.Joe might yell at her again and she felt that he didn’t want to see her at the moment so she waited until she saw him again at college. She wanted to call, but each time she wanted to dial his number, she changed his mind. “I’ll disturb him if I call.” It was all she said every time she canceled the idea of calling him.

The new week came just in a blink on an eye and this time, she didn’t receive anything from L.Joe like the usual, which caused her mother to wonder as well. And he himself wasn’t there waiting for her like the other day. KyonDae sighed as she stepped out of her house and walked to college. Her mind was disturbed; as she was feeling a little guilty that maybe L.Joe was angry with her because she asked too much that day.

But KyonDae couldn’t help it. She was worried, he was only confusing her more and more by not answering her questions and lied when he knew that KyonDae was aware of it. KyonDae somehow felt that his absence for the past year had something to do with why he was shivering that day. However, she didn’t want to jump into conclusions too quickly and could only hope that L.Joe will tell her one day. A part of her felt that L.Joe was being unfair. He knew everything about her without having her to tell him in the first place whereas KyonDae could hardly know anything regarding him.

KyonDae shook her head as she entered the college’s compound before making her way to her class. The closer she got to her class, she felt more nervous as she didn’t know how to face L.Joe. Should I say sorry? She wondered. But was it even my fault? I was just asking out of concern. Oh well, I should just apologize for asking too much, that’s all.

With a thumping heart, she entered the class, expecting L.Joe to be seated on his seat but much to her surprise, he wasn’t there. His chair was empty.

KyonDae frowned as she slowly approached her own seat. Was L.Joe not going to come that day? She saw the rest of Teen Top while she was on her way to her class but she had to admit that she didn’t see L.Joe with them.

KyonDae pulled her chair and took of her bag. Just as she was sitting down, MyungHee came approaching from behind and gave her a happy smile. KyonDae returned her smile, as she was happy to see her best friend again. She hadn’t seen MyungHee as much as L.Joe since MyungHee was sick too and she was delighted that MyungHee was well again.

“Morning, KyonDae!” MyungHee greeted excitedly as she was settling down on her seat. KyonDae nodded at her with a smile before taking out her books. “How’s your fever? You didn’t come to MyungSoo oppa’s class at all and I was so worried.” She asked as she suddenly remembered about MyungHee’s fever.

MyungHee smiled sheepishly before she answered, “I’m fine now. Don’t worry. Oh anyway, L.Joe just texted me when I was about to enter the gate and he told me to tell you that he won’t be coming to class today.” KyonDae’s eyes widened when she heard what MyungHee said. Was he okay?

“He said he’s having flu so that’s why he can’t come today.” MyungHee added as if she could read KyonDae’s mind, assuring her that the boy was fine and nothing serious happened to him. KyonDae only nodded slowly, a part of her feeling relieved that he was only having flu. 

“You really should get yourself a phone, you know?” MyungHee suddenly said, while crossing her arms at KyonDae. KyonDae looked at her blankly while shaking her head and mouthed a ‘no’.

MyungHee sighed, as she knew KyonDae would say that. “You should! You see, he wanted to tell you first that he is not able to come but since you don’t own a phone, he had to tell you through me, since we’re in the same class anyway.” MyungHee tried reasoning with her. Asking KyonDae to get a phone was like begging her to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. She had no idea why KyonDae refused the idea of having a phone so much.

“I really don’t need a phone, MyungHee. See? I can still know he won’t be able to come even though it was through you.” KyonDae said, while patting her friend’s shoulder with a genuine smile. MyungHee only shook her head as she knew no matter how hard she tried, KyonDae would never budge from her decision.

The lecturer came afterwards to start the lesson of the day, and saving KyonDae from MyungHee who will be bugging her until she changed her mind about getting a phone. She herself had no idea as well why she didn’t want a phone so much. She just thought the idea of it was irritating her.

Throughout the lesson that day, she was half listening to the lecturer and half her mind was wandering far, far away.

“Yah, KyonDae. Did you hear what I just asked?” MyungHee asked as she shook KyonDae’s shoulder harder. She had been talking to her while they were on their way to MyungSoo’s class after their class had ended but KyonDae seemed lost and in her own world throughout the journey. Scratch that. She had been lost since the beginning of the day and she was all the time daydreaming. KyonDae barely heard or paid attention to what MyungHee said most of the time too. She even had to knock KyonDae's head a little just now in class as the lass didn't realize that class was already over.

Back to the current situation, KyonDae returned to her senses when MyungHee shook her shoulder. She blinked at MyungHee with a confused look on her face. “Oh, what? What did you say?” MyungHee crossed her arms and looked at her sharply. “Are you okay, KyonDae? Why do you seem to be out of it today? You’re being blur all the time and looked like you just landed on a foreign place.”

KyonDae only gave her a sly smile before laughing awkwardly. “I’m totally fine, MyungHee. Maybe the weather is a bit chilly so my brain is feeling cold as well. What were you saying by the way?”

MyungHee shook her head upon her answer as she found it unbelievable. It was so her by the way. She wanted to ask her more on why was she acting weird but she decided to let the matter past. “I was asking you whether you have all of L.Joe’s papers with you. We don't want to turn around and get it back, right?” She said, reminding KyonDae that she was keeping L.Joe’s papers that were given by the lecturer just now.

KyonDae nodded and patted her bag that was getting heavier and bulkier. The lecturer had asked her to keep L.Joe’s papers for him and give it to him immediately since KyonDae was his seatmate. KyonDae was reluctant at first but she accepted them anyway. Since some of the papers were assignments that needed to be completed quickly, KyonDae decided to stop by at L.Joe’s house later after her work at MyungSoo’s. She wasn’t quite sure that she would be able to carry all the papers to her home and bring them back tomorrow while assuming L.Joe will be present.

MyungHee had offered to carry half of the papers but her bag itself was already full with books so she only helped Kyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter