Chapter 12

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry. 

For breakin' all the promises that I wasn't around to keep. 

And it's all me .

This time is the last time I will ever beg you to stay,
But you're already on your way.

KyonDae was reading her book on her bed when she heard a knock on the door. “Yes?” She asked, eyes still fixating on her book. The door then opened and EunJung entered her room, before sitting on the edge of KyonDae’s bed. KyonDae closed her book and sat straighter while waiting for what her mother was going to say.

“Mrs. Kim invited the both of us for dinner tonight.” EunJung began with a smile that never left her face. KyonDae tilted her head and looked at her mother. “Mrs. Kim? You mean, MyungHee’s mother?” EunJung nodded. “Why so suddenly?” KyonDae asked again.

“She said it’s been so long since the last you came to her house and she had wanted to invite us for such a long time too. Only that sometimes I wouldn’t have the time and since tonight the both of us are free, might as well just accept her invitation.” EunJung continued and KyonDae only nodded her head, processing what EunJung just said.

True, it had been so long since the last KyonDae visited MyungHee’s house, let alone see her parents. It was not that KyonDae did not want to, but she was wrapped up with her college and work at MyungSoo’s that she often forgot to pay a visit.

“Okay.” KyonDae answered, fully aware that there was no reason on why she should say no. She missed Mrs. Kim herself too, the woman who had helped her to look after SoRa for a while back when she was in high school.

EunJung smiled wider at her after hearing her answer, knowing that KyonDae will definitely say yes. Both EunJung and Mrs. Kim themselves were practically best friends already like KyonDae and MyungHee. That day right after SoRa’s death and MyungHee offered to stay with KyonDae for a while, EunJung and Mrs. Kim became closer as Mrs. Kim always assured her that she too would keep an eye on KyonDae when EunJung was not around. If memory serves us right, EunJung had to go for a business trip that time and KyonDae was left alone if it wasn’t for Mrs. Kim and MyungHee.

“Get yourself ready later and we will go there by 6:30. I think I want to buy some souvenirs for them since they already invited us for dinner.” EunJung added and KyonDae only nodded her head, before returning to where she stopped at her storybook.

Noticing that her daughter was not really being herself that day (even though she usually was quiet), EunJung could not help but to ask since worry started to build in her heart. “Is everything okay? Are you not feeling well?”

KyonDae averted her gaze from her mother and shook her head. To be honest, she did not know what to say too. Something was troubling her but she could not fathom why. Her heart felt miserable and she did not know what the source for her predicament was.

“I’m fine. Maybe just a little tired with all the assignments.” She answered which was partly true.

EunJung studied her face and tried to look for a different answer from the look in her eyes but she decided not to press her daughter for more. She knew that if KyonDae were having a trouble, she would tell EunJung even though she highly doubted that KyonDae would. Knowing her daughter, she would rather keep everything then utter a word.

“Well, if you say so. Just don’t push yourself too hard, okay? I know that you will always stay up late to finish your work even though they aren’t due very soon.” EunJung advised before getting up from her bed.

“Oh, mother.” KyonDae called as EunJung was about to walk to the door. EunJung turned to look at her daughter again before motioning her to continue.

“You don’t mind if I won’t be wearing any dresses right?” KyonDae could not help but to ask. Since they were going for a dinner at someone else’s house, which KyonDae had never done before, she was wondering if she had to wear something proper besides her jeans and t-shirts. Even though it was just MyungHee’s house, she could not help to re-confirm.

EunJung raised her eyebrows at her question before shaking her head, “Just wear anything you’re comfortable with, love. But it surprised me a little when you asked that since I don’t remember you owning any dresses before.” EunJung chuckled at her last sentence and KyonDae only smiled sheepishly. “Yeah ... you’re right.”

“Just don’t worry about it okay and come down at 6:30.” EunJung reminded again before walking out of KyonDae’s room, leaving KyonDae with her book again.

“Are sure this is enough?” EunJung asked as she looked at the basket of fruits that KyonDae was carrying. They were already walking towards the Kim’s front door when EunJung suddenly stopped. She began checking at the fruits KyonDae was carrying and a look of worry plastered on her face.

KyonDae sighed as her mother had been asking the same question for the last 30 minutes right after they bought the fruits. “For the last time, mother, they are fine. See? The fruits are fresh too. It is already more than enough for a gift.” KyonDae assured her mother using the same sentence that she had been repeating each time EunJung asked.

Not that she was annoyed or anything but the basket was heavy, she had been carrying it around, and then there were times when they suddenly stopped for EunJung to do her inspection again. KyonDae offered to carry it for her mother, as she knew that she was stronger compared to her mother. Besides, what would the people around say when they saw her mother was carrying the heavy basket by herself?

Her arms were going to fall off the next time EunJung asked her again and luckily, for her, they made it to the Kim’s house. EunJung excitedly rang the doorbell and within five seconds, the door opened and revealed a smiling MyungSoo who was happy to see them too.

“Hello, MyungSoo!” EunJung greeted and MyungSoo bowed at her politely. Noticing the heavy basket KyonDae was holding, he quickly took it from her before saying thank you to both KyonDae and her mother.

He led the both of them inside and KyonDae and EunJung went to the living room while MyungSoo went to the kitchen to inform his mother that their guests had arrived. KyonDae looked around and noticed that nothing much had changed with the house and she still recognized some familiar photos hanging on the wall and the ones on the cupboard.

She automatically smiled when she spotted a photo that was taken two years ago, on the day that MyungSoo was supposed to go to overseas to continue his studies. She saw herself, MyungSoo who was tickling SoRa whose smile and laughter was seen in the picture, and KyonDae assumed MyungHee took the photo when they were on candid.

Without her knowing, EunJung came beside her and smiled when she saw the photo too. She noticed that KyonDae had some similar photos like the one she was holding in her room. “Was that photo taken when MyungSoo was supposed to leave for America?” EunJung asked.

KyonDae nodded her head with a smile, “Yes. And it was also the day when SoRa, for the first time, said ‘saranghae’ to MyungSoo oppa right before he entered the cab.”

EunJung only watched her daughter silently and in her heart, she could not deny KyonDae’s undying love towards her sister. Two years may have passed, but there was not a day that nothing did not remind KyonDae of SoRa. EunJung had never met SoRa, and really wished that she had. From KyonDae’s stories, they had made her heart to love for SoRa even though she was not there anymore.

When KyonDae first came to see her two years ago, she begged EunJung to accept SoRa as well because she couldn’t leave her sister behind and EunJung herself was more than willing to do so. She was looking forward to it but much to her dismay, she never had the chance to see SoRa, besides the pictures and the stories.

“EunJung-ssi!” Someone called and both KyonDae and EunJung’s heads turned towards the voice, only to see a smiling Mrs. Kim approaching them from the kitchen, still with her apron.

“Oh, hello Kim HyunJoo-ssi!” EunJung greeted as she gave Mrs. Kim a hug. Both of them then broke the hug after a moment and Mrs. Kim immediately focused on KyonDae.

“Hello, KyonDae! It is so nice to see you again! I missed you so much!” Mrs. Kim said once sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter