Chapter 17

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In these photographs How beautiful your laugh
I remember the first time I laid my eyes on you and fell for you
When I look at your smile The world seems like it’s mine
We’ve had our share of hard times but now I’ll never make you cry
I’ll be there for you No matter what you do
I will…

“L.Joe hyung!” Ricky hollered once he and the rest of Tee Top spotted L.Joe walking in the college compound. L.Joe let out a sigh a little before slowly turned towards where Ricky was. He was a little embarrassed actually when that friend of his kept yelling his name each time he entered the gate as everyone would be looking at their direction. The atmosphere was calm and quiet at first, but each time Ricky saw L. Joe, he will scream that lad’s name as if he had not seen L.Joe for many, many years. This, in fact, ruined the composed atmosphere and shocked many people out.

L.Joe quickly walked towards where his friends were gathering and they all gave him the bro hug. Their faces brightened upon the sight of L. Joe even though they just met yesterday, which was at L.Joe’s house.

“I thought you won’t be coming today!” Cap said with a little smirk while crossing his arms. L.Joe sat down beside Niel and said, “Of course I will come. Why wouldn’t I? I’ve been missing a lot of classes lately and need a lot to catch up.” He put his serious face on and tried to convince his friends while hiding the real reason

ChunJi scoffed upon L.Joe’s reply and snorted as he realized it was not completely true, “Yeah right. So much for catching up lessons eh, child. All of us know too well that it is not the lessons you’re worried about.”

L.Joe ignored him while the rest of them laughed seeing L.Joe trying to hide his smile. He had changed a lot, in a good way and they all loved to about it. However, ChangJo was the victim of the teasing session as well. Even though L.Joe was the first person to fall in love in that group, ChangJo was the one who was in a relationship first.

Hence, as much as they teased L.Joe, ChangJo would not do it too much as he knew that his friends will get back at him as well. Moreover, he hated himself for getting shy and embarrassed whenever they touched the particular topic.

“Make sure you don’t faint or anything inside the class hyung. You have just recovered. Remember that. However, I have to say that you still look somewhat sick though. What are you going to say to KyonDae?” Niel said while squinting his eyes at L.Joe, studying his face properly. The rest of them looked at him too with a worried expression.

L.Joe sighed a little before flashed them an assuring smile. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. If she asks, I will just say that it is chilly and I cannot really handle cold weather well. It is a piece of cake.”

Teen Top only nodded and left the subject at that. If L.Joe said he‘d be fine, then he will be.

“So ... did you send her to her work place yesterday?” ChangJo asked as he recalled yesterday’s event where L.Joe left them dumbfounded in his room while he was out with KyonDae. Being the kind friends and guests that they were, they helped him straighten his room and even walked out of the house with the most polite way possible. As the host, he was too elated to see someone that he had forgotten about his friends who were in his room.

L.Joe nodded at ChangJo’s question. “Yeah, I walked her there. Since she had come all the way, just to send me notes, I just thought that maybe I could do her a favor too. Well, we did stop by to buy some coffee, but we didn’t go anywhere else besides her work place after that.”

“Did she ask you why you were absent?” Niel asked next.

“She did. But luckily enough, I remembered what you guys told her in the first place so I said the exact same thing.” L.Joe replied confidently. KyonDae did ask him yesterday about the reason why he was absent even though she was already informed by Teen Top. They just knew that KyonDae would not believe them that easily, so that was why they were not surprised when KyonDae asked L.Joe then.

Noticing the time that their classes will soon start, Teen Top quickly walked to their respective classes and L.Joe smiled when he saw that both KyonDae and MyungHee were already there as he entered. Both the girls did not notice him at first, as MyungHee was busy telling a story to KyonDae while the girl only listened with a smile.

They only noticed his presence when L.Joe put down his bag on the chair beside KyonDae’s and they greeted him. “Hey, you’re present today.” MyungHee said with a raised brow. L.Joe scoffed a little before putting a hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt by what MyungHee said. “Why does everyone keep thinking that I won’t be coming today? Am I not worthy of any presence in this college anymore?”

KyonDae laughed at his silly statement and said, “I didn’t think that you wouldn’t come today. I know you will. You missed a lot of classes and if you miss this one too, you will be lost in the next lessons.” L.Joe gave her a thoughtful smile and said to MyungHee. “See? At least someone has some faith in me.” MyungHee stuck out her tongue at him and the three of them laughed at each other’s childish behavior.

“I wonder why our lecturer is always late. Has not he ever heard of the word ‘punctual’ or ‘on time’? We the students always arrive much earlier than he does. It seems like he isn’t that eager to teach this class.” MyungHee complained as the three of them watched students began to fill the class but still no sign of their lecturer.

KyonDae only lifted her shoulders as she was wondering too and L.Joe just chuckled before he said, “He’s doing the students a favor by letting them to have a few minutes to sleep first before his class starts.” He pointed towards some of their classmates who already had their heads on the table, drifted in a deep sleep.

“Let’s kill time by talking and chit chatting.” MyungHee suggested as she moved closer towards her two friends who simply agreed since they had nothing to do anyway.

“What are you guys going to do for the upcoming break? I already have my work cut out for me. Mom is having me help her to take care of some kids. Annoying little kids.” MyungHee said as she eyed KyonDae and L.Joe. “Don’t know. Maybe hanging around with the two of you and the boys. I will not be going anywhere though. Pretty much eat, sleep, and repeat the whole thing over and over again.” L.Joe answered as he thought of the summer break that they were going to have.

“Same routine. MyungSoo oppa’s place.” KyonDae said. “Since its school break too for sure many kids will sign up for the class and he’ll need all the help he can get. I may be spending all of my time there though.” She turned to L.Joe and suddenly asked. “Can you play the guitar? If you do maybe you can help to become one of the instructors there.”

L.Joe shook his head regretfully with a sad smile. “Sorry, I only play the piano. However, if he needs any extra pair of hands, just give me a call and I am willing to help. If you need someone rearranging the chairs and tables and stuff, for example.” KyonDae nodded gratefully at his suggestion. She was about to say ‘okay’ but then she changed her mind as she observed L.Joe’s face. “The idea is fine with me, but you don’t look like you’re in a good shape to help though. Now that I’ve noticed your skin tone looked paler than usual.” KyonDae said as she watched L.Joe’s face carefully.

“You look like a vampire nowadays, you know? Am I right, MyungHee? He looks more white than usual.” KyonDae said as she tugged on MyungHee’s sleeve, urging her friend to see. She did not realize that her tone of voice was becoming more worried.

MyungHee nodded in agreement and patted KyonDae’s head, calming her down. “Maybe he’s been putting on a lot of powder in the morning. Aren’t you, L.Joe? You have been wearing a lot of powder nowadays right? Or maybe some sort of sunblock or something right?” MyungHee turned to L.Joe and used some sort of telepathy message to let L.Joe knew to just agree with what she said.

Lucky enough, L.Joe received the message and he nodded at KyonDae with an assuring smile. “MyungHee’s right. Maybe I have been putting on too much powder these few days. You know, the weather’s hot so I thought I should protect my skin or something so it won’t get sun burned.” He smiled sheepishly.

KyonDae cocked her head to the side; half believing with wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter