Chapter 21

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me?

Few Months Later

Somewhere far, far away from Korea, a man was strolling alone at Missouri Botanical Garden in America. He was gripping onto his camera while taking the pictures of the scenery that caught his eyes. A smile stamped on his face as he captured picture after picture. He felt contented as the weather was definitely on his side. It was not too hot or too cold. It was just nice.

That day was one of the days that he did not have to go to college and had some free time for himself. Since taking photographs was his favorite hobby, he decided to go to some gardens in America and captured nature’s beauty for him to admire. He really enjoyed his time alone, as he had to get a breather from all the classes, books and assignments that he had to deal with every day.

Missouri Botanical Garden was the last on his list for that day. He had visited many other gardens previously and decided to call this one as the last before he looked for something to eat for dinner and go home.

He was busy clicking his camera here and there and using different angles, in fact, to get the best shots and lighting so that his pictures turned out nice. Not many people were there by the way as most of them were still busy with school, college, and work. As he walked along, he only saw some elderly couples spending their time together.

Even though he was a foreigner who came to the country only to further his studies, the citizens of America did not fail to greet him or give him a smile whenever they saw him. Some of them already acknowledged him there as he was there quite often when he had the time.

He was busy fixing his angles and position that he happened to bump into someone who was standing next to him.

He immediately turned and apologized using his almost perfect English. He had been there long enough to speak English fluently but there were times when his Korean accent will come out as well.

“I’m so sorry!” He said again and bowed, not looking at the person he had bumped into.

“It’s okay, really. Not a problem at all.” He heard the other replied, and the voice was belonged to a woman.

Slowly, he lifted his head and smiled sheepishly as he gripped onto his camera. He met eyes with the woman and couldn’t help but to ask when he looked at her face clearly, “Are you a Korean?”

The other frowned a little and gave him a smile before she nodded. “Yes, I am. I’m sure that you are too, right. That accent of yours is very obvious.” She replied in Korean as this person in front of her can speak the language of her mother tongue.

He laughed nervously at the statement and said, “Yeah, I guess I can’t still lighten it up. It tends to come out naturally, especially when I am nervous or something. Like just now. Anyways, it is nice to see another Korean around. I am here for quite some time already but do not really see any Koreans besides the ones from my college. It gets a little boring only to see their faces every day.”

The woman only smiled and nodded her head. She was shifting something in her hands, which happened to be a camera too. “Yeah there are not many Koreans here or any other foreigners. To be honest it is nice to meet someone from my birthplace too. I heard you said the word ‘college’. Which college that you are enrolled in? You don’t look like someone who’s still studying though ...”

The other chuckled a little and answered, “Well, just a college not quite far from here. And yes, I am still studying. I take what you said as a compliment and not meaning to say that I look old but matured instead.”

The woman laughed and nodded her head again.

“Anyway, my name is Kim MyungSoo. I know it is dangerous to introduce yourself to a stranger but I do not think you are a bad person. You’re not a dangerous person to be around with, are you?” MyungSoo asked as he narrowed his eyes down at her while stretching out his hand, waiting for a shake.

Even though he just bumped into her like, a few minutes ago but he cannot help but to feel comfortable around her. Her smile was sincere and she seemed friendly enough. Maybe it was because she came from the same place as he was.

The woman raised her brows at him and shook his hand while saying, “My name is Park MinNeul and no, I don’t think I’m a dangerous person. Unless you think someone who deals with frying pans, spatulas, chopping boards and knives is menacing. If you think so, then you’re in a deep trouble.”

MyungSoo laughed at her words and raised both of his hands in defeat. Remembering one of her sentences again, he asked in amusement, “Are you a cook? You mentioned those things that can be found in a kitchen. Unless you’re a fulltime housewife who cooks every day.”

MinNeul chuckled while fidgeting with her camera, which was only a bit smaller, compared to MyungSoo’s that was much bigger. “Yup, I am a cook. I finished my studies and currently working at a restaurant not far from here. For the record, I am still single. You make me feel old.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter