032

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber, who read her eyes, looked at her in terror then turned to Mr. Choi to speak. But Sulli beat her to it.

“A-Amber… pushed me into the water.” she lied convincingly. Mr. Choi then averted his attention to Amber, disappointed.

“No Mr. Choi! I didn’t do it! Sulli threw herself into the pool! It wasn’t my fault!” Amber shouted in panic.

“That’s impossible! Sulli has been afraid of water since elementary. There’s no way she would’ve done that!” Minyoung shouted at Amber, cradling shivering Sulli in her arms.

“I swear I didn’t do it!” Amber argued, “Minyoung! You know me very well! You know that I’d never do that! Why would I anyways?! I have no motives-”

“You do.” Sulli cut her off, “You’re in love with Taemin but your jealous that I’m with him right now. So you threw me in the water, immersed me in it even, to get rid of me. But you’ve failed.”

“What?! You’re lying! I never liked Taemin in the first place! I have only seen him as a friend! There’s no way!” Amber tried to think up of excuses to protect herself but whatever she tried to say seemed like a dead end.

“Minyoung,” Mr. Choi turned and looked at her, “what did you see?”

“I’m not sure. When I got out of the bathroom, all I saw was Amber and Sulli already in the pool. But Sulli kept yelling ‘let go of me’ and Amber’s actions were a little unclear from where I was standing.” she admitted.

“Let’s say that Sulli did throw herself in the water then,” Mr. Choi started, “then what were you doing in the water then?”

“When she jumped into the water, she started screaming. As an experienced swimmer, I jumped in to pull her back up but she kept thrashing and she wouldn’t listen when I told her to calm down.” Amber defended.

“Liar! You kept immersing my head in water!” Sulli shouted.

“No I wasn’t! You were recklessly splashing in water when I told you not to! Now you’re changing the whole story and putting the blame on me!? WHat did I ever do to you!?”

“ENOUGH!” Mr. Choi shouted, startling everyone. “This shall be doubt with when we return to the Academy. Now let’s get you two dried off before we get back onto the bus and alarm the other kids.” Nodding, Minyoung took Sulli by the shoulder and assisted her out. As Sulli turned with Minyoung to head for the door, she flashed Amber an evil smirk, sending shivers up and down her spin and filling her mind with hatred.

“Why you little .” Amber muttered angrily between her clenched teeth, just quiet enough so that her voice was only audible to her and no one else.

~

Getting off the bus, Amber dragged Sulli off to the side to speak to her in private.

“Why the hell did you set me up? What in the ing world have I ever done to you?” Amber whispered angrily.

But Sulli avoid her questions easily. “You have a lying record Amber, now no one would believe you. You fell right into our trap. You caused this to yourself Amber.”

“No I didn’t! You and Taemin set me up. You want me out of this school!” Amber huffed.

“I want you gone and out of my sight Amber.” Sulli whispered bluntly.

“What have I ever done to you?! You want Taemin? You have him. What else do you want?” Amber shrieked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter