001

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, you don’t have to join the line with me Jackie. I’m fine on my own.” Amber tells her older sister tenderly. They have just reached an insanely long line up just outside of a tall building.

“Are you sure? I’m completely fine with waiting in line with you.” Jackie insists. Amber nods confidently at her. Jackie gave her one last reassuring look before heading home without her.

Watching as Jackie’s figure disappeared into the streets, Amber lines up into the line. For a whole hour, Amber has done nothing besides plug in her headphones and wait for the line to slowly move. Although so much time has passed, Amber couldn’t help but feel cautious and nervous as she stared at her application form. She stared and stared until the words blurred her vision, making the words seem like they’re not even words anymore. 

Amber Josephine Liu is her full name and yes, she is a female. But knowing that fact, her application form says that she’s a male. So instead of writing her full name, she took out her middle name to pass off as a guy. 

Just yesterday, Amber was so excited of how she can finally enroll into a school that she’s longed for since she was 6. The Candor Academy is the top ranking school of all Korea and it finally came the time for her to enroll into a school that she actually wanted to be in. However, there was one major problem. By the time she wanted to fill out her form, there were no more spaces available for females to enroll. This school was, and still is, her dream school. It was her only chance to be in it and she wasn’t about to let that opportunity slide away from her fingertips. So she chose to enroll as a male.

Now here she is, standing in a line, afraid that she might not be able to pass off as a guy. Then, a loud, feminine voice calling “next” startled her. Chewing on her thumb nail, she pulled out her headphones from her ears and walked up to the lady sitting on the other side of the table. Amber handed her the application form and the enrollment expenses. The lady wore a black and white business suit with her hair in a bun. She looked high and professional and that gave Amber even more pressure. Eyeing the application form, the lady said,

“Everything seems to be in order.” She looked up and scanned Amber’s profile. Putting down the form, she stamped the form that says “Approved” in red ink and placed it with the rest of the forms along with putting the money safely away. “Good to go sir, your application form has been approved. We’ll send you an email to make your enrollment official. Until then, have a nice day.” she smiled. Amber tensed up when the lady used the word “sir” to greet her. Amber returned the smile and went on her way out of the crowded building.
Exhaling a sigh of re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter