Chapter 3: Boyfriend for a Day

Love and Fate

Chapter 3: Boyfriend for a Day

One weekday morning at Sora’s house while eating breakfast with the whole family. “Minhyuk Oppaaaaa, how much do you love?” asked Sora “ohhh crap how much do you need this time?” Minhyuk replied, Sora pouted and answered “ I have enough allowance  to last me a week, but can I ask for a favor” “that’s scarier than asking for additional allowance” Yong Hwa commented Sora ignored Yong Hwa and continued talking to Minhyuk “I need a boyfriend” “WHAT!!!!!!!” exclaimed by the three brother in unison “you should see your faces just now… so funny, anyways there is this guy that won’t take a hint that I am not interested in him, so I need a pretend boyfriend to get him off my back” Sora explained “why me, why don’t you ask JS or JB I am sure they will be more than happy to help you” Minhyuk said “ knowing those two they will just make fun of me, but oppa can you do it please, this guy is just really irritating. I am not even sure what more hint does he need when I already said I was not interested, the only thing I can think of is a pretend boyfriend” Sora replied to Minhyuk “just say yes, Sora won’t stop bugging you anyways” Khun joined in the conversation “but won’t he know that Minhyuk is your brother you kind of look like twins?” Yong Hwa asked again “your right, so can you just do it then Oppaaaaa, Yong Hwa please” Sora begged “why did I even say anything” Yong Hwa said while shaking his head “please, please, please, pretty please” Sora continued to begged while hugging her older brother “ok, ok, ok I’ll do it, did you want me to pick you up in school today then?” YW answered “Yes, thank you very much I Love you” Sora responded happily. Their parents were just looking at their kids and smiling. “Now that it’s settled can we eat breakfast peacefully” said their mom. “Yes” replied the 4 kids.

Later that afternoon YH was about to leave the office and pickup Sora when his secretary called and said that there is an emergency from their overseas client. “crap, Chubby cheeks is going to kill me” he then called Khun and Minhyuk if one of them can pick up Sora and be the pretend to be the boyfriend. Unfortunately both brothers are busy and not able to pick up Sora. YH was about to call Sora and say that he won’t be able to pick her up and the he will just pick her up the next day instead when an idea pop in his head.

JS phone vibrated from his pocket and saw who was calling, he excuse himself from the class to answer the call but the call was already routed on his voicemail, when he tried to call the number it went straight to voicemail. JB on the other hand was in gym getting ready to take a shower after their class when his phone rang. “Hello” JB answered “Hello, JB this is YH hyung, are you still in school?” asked YH “Yes Hyung, I am just going to take a shower and will be heading home, why?” JB asked “ok can you do me a favor, can you pick up Sora and be the boyfriend” said YH “excuse me hyung, did you say be Sora’s boyfriend?” JB asked again “it’s a long story but the shorter version is that this guy is bothering her and she needs a pretend boyfriend” YH explained JB answered without thinking “ok hyung, I’ll pick her up, what time is she expecting you?” , “thank you so much, pick her up in about an hour. I will give her a call to let her know so that she won’t be surprise when she sees you instead of me” said YH then hung up. JB just stood in front of his locker and talked to himself in the mirror “what did I just agreed to do.. Damn there is no backing out now.” YH called Sora who is in classroom and explained to her on what happened though she was disappointed, she understood her brother’s situation. “Oppa, you can pick me up tomorrow instead” Sora said to YH “No need to worry JB will pick you up instead and he is already aware of what he needs to do” YH replied “you did what!, did you just say JB will pick me up and be my pretend boyfriend?” Sora asked “yes, is there a problem with that? JB is not the guy you are interested in right.” YH asked with a meaningful smile “no, no.. no problem but I will talk to you when you get home later” Sora responded “I am really sorry chubby cheeks; I’ll make it up to you promise.” YH apologize again “No worries oppa, just get me something sweet on your way home”, Sora requested “Thank you sweet pea, I love you” YH said “I love you too , Oppa” Sora replied then hung up”. Out of nowhere Choi Min-Song showed up “So are you trying to make me jealous by saying I Love you Oppa,  to your non-existent boyfriend,  you know I still don’t believe that you have a boyfriend right?” , “ I don’t really care what you think, but just for you to leave me alone I can introduce you to him later.” Sora replied “ ok, I’ll see you in front of the gate then” CM retorted and left the classroom “Why is this guy so annoying” Sora said in frustration “I told you just go out with him just one time, who knows you might like it.” Hyorin said to Sora “no way, first off he is so conceited, the fact that he know he is good looking and flaunting it irritates the crap out of me. I know guys who are way better looking than him but they never acted as arrogant as he does, JS Oppa and JB Oppa they were never like that.” Sora replied “why am I not surprise that those two will be brought up in this conversation, I get it ok; but those two are different they are like F4 divided by 2 rolled into one”. Hyorin explained “huh, can you speak in English please and what’s up with the F4 analogy?” Sora asked “what I am trying to say is JB and JS are like F4 rich, well-mannered but sometimes scary if they want to be; divided by two because F4 has four members but JB and JS are just two, but then again JB and JS are just as bad if you think about it JB can be a snob specially especially to girls” Hyorin said “No he is not he just prefer to be quite and reserve and he just doesn’t like girls who flirts with him because if he likes you he will come to you himself” cutting off Hyorin to defend JB  “Ok how about JS, he is known as a Casanova in school when they were still here” Hyorin continued “ first off JS is not a Casanova he is just friendly and thoughtful, the girls are the one who likes flirting with him but he never led them on; none of them acts as if they are God’s gift to women”. Sora continued defending his friends.  “ Sora seriously did it not occur to you that they like you or maybe you like one of them that’s why you ignore all the guys here in the campus” Hyorin asked. Sora just looked at Hyorin and was about to say something when their instructor came back from their break and started the class.  Sora just smiled while thinking “JB will pick me up later”.

[I will be a bit late, stuck in traffic] JB texted to Sora [it’s ok, I am still in class anyways, I’ll wait for you in front of the campus gates] Sora replied back. JB drove as fast as he can to get to the his old campus thinking that he does not want Sora waiting outside with a guy hovering over her. He parked his Subaru STi in the visitors section of the campus and walked towards the gate and started looking for Sora.  Girls who passed by would turn and look at him and would whisper “isn’t that JB?”, “JB is so cute” or something like that, he would just ignore them and continue walking.

He saw Sora with Hyorin her best friend and started walking in their direction when a guy shows up and guy put his arm around Sora. He walked faster until he was besides Sora who was removing the guys arm from her shoulder, “Sora, everything Ok?” JB asked Hyorin, Sora and Choi Min was startled when they heard JB, Sora then went to give JB a peck on the cheeks but JB moved his head a little causing their lips to touch, they tried to play it off so that Choi Min will not notice the awkwardness between the two of them. Hyorin was surprise with the incident and her eyes were wide open while Choi Min’s mouth dropped open. Sora was the first one to recover “Oppa, why were you late?” Sora asked “Oh, sorry babe I was stuck in traffic and I had to stop by the bakery to get you this” JB handed the strawberry cheese cake that he bought for Sora on his way to her school, “thank you so much oppa, I’ve been craving for this the whole day” Sora accepted the cake and gave JB a hug. The whole time JB was still not sure what’s going on and just thought “Did I just kiss Sora in the lips”…..

In the meantime JS called YH back since he missed his call earlier “Hyung, did you need anything earlier” JS asked YH “I was just calling to see if you can be Sora’s boyfriend?” YH replied “You said what!!!” JS asked “You had your chance dude and you let it slip” YH answered with a big smile on his face.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will this be the start of friends becoming lovers?

Will someone finally reliaze what Sora means to him?

Or will this cause their friendship to fall apart?

I am a big Teukso fan but a love story is not a love story without it's ups and down.

Enjoy reading this chapter and let me know what you think..