Breaking Point

The Secret Student

I looked into his eyes. I had no idea what he thought of me at that moment. I could see a slight pain in his eyes. I knew he tried to hide it by maintaining his usually gentle self. Whether he was pained because he was worried for my life at school,. . or. or he was pained because I have a boyfriend? no that can't be it.

"I-I" I stuttered averting my gaze away from him. I want to tell him no! i want to tell him the truth! but why? it's not like he feels anything special for me, and the same goes for me, . .right?

"answer me." he said in a sad whisper, holding my chin up so that i would look straight into his eyes. Why does he even WANT to know? is it a big deal to him?

"i don't know." I say flatly. He backed away from me and made a forced smile.

"tell me when you know then." he said with a slight quiver in his voice.  

He walked away. I gave out a huge sigh. closing my eyes. Then suddenly, I felt something pressed on my lips. My eyes flung open I saw Key K-kissing me! He quickly retracted the kiss when he saw me open my eyes. It was just a peck but it was enough to set my pulse run a thousand miles per hour.

He smiled at me and said. "Something to add your thinking" 

What? is that a confession? Is he saying that he likes me? That he wants me to choose between him and Taemin? I stood there frozen clenching my burning chest.

As he stepped inside the elevator he gave me a final wave until the doors closed in him.

I quickly went inside my room and buried my face into the pillow. What just happened? Is the world playing a huge joke on me? 

-----------------------------------

I stepped inside my classroom, I deliberately made myslelf late for about a minute, enough to make everyone go in before me, but not enough to count as an actual tardy. I hope that all their T.V's malfunctioned in the past few days T.T.

As I went inside the room, i could literally hear a pin drop. Everyone stayed silent. Yep, their T.V's were functioning all right. Even the teachers face told me that she's seen the entire conference.

"Oh, Ha young. Take your seat, its rare of you to be late." She said nervously, as if trying to say that she doesn't know the reason of my lateness.

I quietly go to my seat. Honestly i could feel daggers piercing my back. The girl's stares were enough to make my knees buckle a bit. I sat through the whole morning. Not even making a single note. It was like my whole mind was just floating through space. I still aced the quizzes though, because I've already reread my books cover to cover.

At lunch obviously, I sat alone. I wanted to stay at the library but a lot of the people bullying me before the incident were there. Who knows what they would do to me.

Then four girls sat on the same table with me. My expression must've been priceless because they seemed tp have caught on with my confusion.

"Don't worry, we won't eat you or anything." says one of them

"Yeah, I think it's pretty cool that you have a famous boyfriend." Another added. I looked at them trying to decipher what their intentions are.

Then, one of them reaches out for my hand. "If anyone bullies you, come straight to us. We know that you could use friends right now."

My eyes sparkled. "R-really?"

They laughed "yes, really." They reassuered.

I guess there is an upside to this whole thing. My first friends. . .

------------------------------------

I got through the whole afternoon.. -.-

Nobody did anything to me though, at least, not yet. I go over to the school's parking lot to get my bike and go safely home. The place is pretty empty. Nobody's in sight, I know that I must sound paranoid but when I made a girl cry by obliterating her in formal debate, which I didn't mean, I had about 5 girls gang up on me and tie me to a tree in the parking lot. Yeah, I know, I should transfer, but I don't want my parents to worry about me. My parent's are working their butts off in the province trying to pay for my living expenses here. They're VERY clueless about this showbiz stuff so i'm 70 % sure it'll take them a looong time to find out.

I look at both sides. Nobody's there. The knot in my stomach untangles with relief. I hold on to my bicycle and climb on. I'm about half-way to my house when I feel something strange with my bike. But I keep paddling on. I could feel the paddle coming lose, but before I could stop it's too late. The bicycle literally fell apart and I roll  through the street. The pain was immeasurable, I could feel my knees burn with friction, starting to bleed and my ankle twist. My left arm pop. For a few minutes I just lie there on the street. Holding back my tears. But I couldn't, good thing nobody was around, or else I'd probably be run over and be thought of as a crazy person crying and bleeding in the middle of the street. 

I haul myself up and twitch because of the immense pain in my shoulder and knees. But I still manage to walk, rolling the remains of my bicycle.  I wipe away my tears. Why? do people hate me that much? or is there really something wrong with me that makes me so bully-able?

I'm starting to get light-headed, i could feel my knees give way. I hope I just stay unconscious until high-school ends. But before I could feel impact, sturdy hands kept me from falling. I look up and see Key. Looking at me and trying to smile, despite his obvious feeling of pity towards me. 

"You okay?" he says

"Never better." I say sarcastically. He chuckles as he hoists me up. I scream a little at the shock. I was now being carried by him, bridal style. 

"You don't have to, I'll be able to walk if I just rest for a bit, and I'm pretty close the apartment."

"Well, still, i just want to carry you like this."  he jokes "and a visit to the hospital won't hurt."

I'm too light-headed to even reason with him. And I can't believe i forgot that I should go to the hospital first. Heh,. i can't believe that I'm getting bullied to the point that i need to go to a hospital. The thought gives me a pang, and unscrews a screw that's usually so tight. Tears come rolling down my cheeks. What have I gotten into? I don't even care that he's seeing me like this. I bury myself into his chest to compose myself. I wipe my runny nose.

"Don't worry, I'll buy you a new shirt."

"No need, being able to hold you like this, is enough for me to sacrifice a hundred shirts." He says with a sincere smile. My cheeks begin to turn bright red. Thats how we went to the hospital. He completely carried me all the way there, not even caring that people was staring at us. Well, it was different for me, i tried to cover my face with my hair. Making him laugh.

But I don't ask to be put down. For some reason, him carrying me is comforting. To know that at least one person in this city cares for me. Enough to carry me all the way to the hospital. We make no sound but I could feel both of us treasuring this moment. 

"I wish you'd fall off a bicycle all the time, so that I'd have an excuse to carry you." he says while he winks at me.

I bonk his shoulder weakly. "Don't count on it."

--------------------------------------------------

WEEEE!! sorry the update took so looooooooooong! its cus of school >,<

anyways i love this chappie, even though its slow-paced, I'm starting to feel their connection. . LOL