Heartbeat

Bloodlust.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*WARNING some of the content is a little bit gruesome*

Eun Mi POV

After Minho and I spent hours in the mall shopping for my clothing I began feeling a little tired. The only way for us to go home was to run back home because Minho didn’t bring his car. When we got home everyone was heading up to their rooms to go take their 2 hour naps. I thanked Minho for paying for my clothes and I headed upstairs to my room.

I went straight to the shower, the water felt really different as it ran down my glass like skin. I finished and changed into my new pajamas. I then put all my new clothes in my closet. After that I went straight to bed and I closed my eyes and I easily fell asleep. I woke up from the sound of someone passing by my room in the hallway, I rolled over to my side and checked the time on my new phone, it said it was 2 am. That’s weird… I fell asleep at 12 and I only woke up two hours later feeling well rested. I then remembered vampires don’t need a lot of rest like humans do. I get out of bed and put my hair in a messy bun and I head down stairs. As I walked down the stairs I felt a dry, burning sensation in my throat. I arrived in the living room and saw that everyone just woke up and were talking, I sat down next to Taemin and greeted them.

“Good morning” I croaked out.

“Are you thirsty?” asked Key.

“I think I am… my throat feels like it’s on fire…”

“Yup. That’s what being thirsty feels like.” chuckled Key.

“This is good timing, we’re all gonna go hunting in a few minutes.” said Hyoyeon. “Oh…. wait, did you decide what you’ll hunt?”

I nodded. “I decided I’ll hunt animals like you guys. But i’m not sure if I can control myself. It was very difficult to be in a mall full of humans yesterday. I thought I was gonna snap and kill someone.”

“It’s ok to feel that way Eun Mi, you’re a newborn, you’re only a few days old. It took me  more than a year to control my thirst.” said Taemin.

“It’s true.” said Onew. “Taemin was uncontrollable the first 6 months, he murdered a lot of people and basically destroyed everything in his way.”

“Are all newborns like this?” I asked.

“Not necessarily” said Jonghyun “From what I know, the most aggressive vampires had been really sad, depressed and angry when they were humans.”

Wait… I was always angry at my real parents and I was very depressed when Chanyeol died…

“So does that mean I’m going to be a aggressive vampire?” I asked.

Jonghyun nodded. “That’s mostly going to happen. But don’t worry, being aggressive isn’t bad. It just means you get angry really fast so you’ll need to careful because of your gift.”

I nodded. The burning sensation became stronger and I clutched my throat in panic.

“Ok! Let’s go hunting!” said Luna noticing my actions.

Everyone stood up and headed to the balcony, when we were all outside they all jumped down from the deck all the way to the ground. I gulped as I peered down at the drop, it was at least 20 feet high.

"Don't be scared Eun Mi, it's really fun." said Minho.

I took a deep breath and jumped and I landed gracefully on the grass on the balls of my feet.

"See? That wasn't scary." said Minho.

Before I could reply the burning sensation became even stronger, it felt like someone dumped gasoline on my throat and lit it up. I frantically pushed them aside and ran towards the forest, I guess they understood because everyone started following me.

After a minute of sprinting Onew motioned us to stop. It was 3 am so it was pitch black but I could see perfectly fine, I guess vampires have night vision. We all were crouching down getting ready to hunt. We stayed still listening carefully for any other movement.  There!  I could hear small little paws hitting the ground again and again. We waited a little bit more so they would be closer to us, then I heard it. I could hear their hearts beating and pumping blood. That sound drove me crazy and I was the first one to spring up and lunge towards the deer.

I looked for a big deer and saw one with a massive antlers. I smirked and grabbed the deer by its antlers and twisted its neck. I heard a sickening snap as the animal dropped to ground paralyzed, I quickly bit it's neck and drained it. I looked up and the others have also done the same, I didn't intentionally break the animals neck. I also noticed that when they hunted their hands weren't covered in blood like mine. When they finished they stood up and straightened their clothes, it didn't look like they just killed an animal a few seconds ago. I looked down at my pajamas and saw blood splatters. I guess Jonghyun heard my thoughts because he assured me that I would eventually not be that messy in the future.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter