Lonely

Bloodlust.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good job Eun Mi! You were great as always.” said coach Choi as he pats me on my back.

“Thank you coach. I did my best.” I said as I wipe sweat off my forehead.

“Ok. Go get cleaned up and don’t forget to come to the dinner with the rest of the team.” said coach Choi as he walked away.

Just then Chanyeol came running up and bear hugged me.

“You were awesome out there!” said Chanyeol.

I laughed. “ Thanks Chan!”

“Do you wanna come to my track dinner? I can bring you.” I ask.

“Oh… umm I would love to but I really need to go right now..” said Chanyeol nervously.

“Are you ok?”

“ Yeah it’s just that I was planning to meet up with some guy friends.” answered Chanyeol.

“Oh. Okay. Have fun!”

We hugged but this hug seemed different… Chanyeol was clinging on to me a lot longer as if I won’t be seeing him in a long time.

He started walking to the parking lot and turned around giving me a wave, I wave back. His eyes looked kinda teary… that’s weird.

Today was the last track meet and our team has never been defeated. I’m a sprinter and I’ve always came 1st in every meet. Apparently I’m the fastest person to do the 100 meter dash in Seoul.

I walk in the locker room and immediately breathe through my mouth. All the perfume and shampoo scents are just too overwhelming for me. I quickly shower and get changed to my semi-formal dress for the dinner. My ride wasn’t here yet so I decide to call Chanyeol. He doesn't pick up, I call him again and the same thing happens. Hmmm… he’s probably still driving but I suddenly felt this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I ignore the weird feeling and my foster mom came to pick me up and drop me of in the restaurant.

My foster mom tries to make a conversation but I just give her short responses, I always feel awkward when we talk. I know I should be thankful because she took me in and took care of me when she found me in the woods alone when I was just a baby. But ever since, she kept adopting other kids and she never has time for me, and my ‘siblings’ for some reason try to avoid me as much as possible, I don’t know why but I just gave up trying to bond with them. So I’ve been pretty much lonely all my life, even kids at school just ignore me. Except for Chanyeol, when he moved here during freshman year we instantly became best friends. He was the only one who really understood me, with Chanyeol being my best friend I felt like I didn’t need anyone else in my life. We both love each other but not in the romantic way, we know everything about each other, and he even knows that I’m angry that my real parents left me and he knows that I have weird enhanced senses.

We arrived at the restaurant and I thank my mom and walk in.

After the dinner with the track team I went straight home and fell asleep exhausted from all the running I did today.

Next week.

I probably texted and called Chanyeol a thousand times and he still hasn’t answered. I went to his house everyday and no one was home. The weird feeling in my stomach grew stronger day by day so I decided to go to his house. His house isn’t that far so it took only a cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter