Chapter 8-Barbecue Party

What is Love

"Oh she didn't tell you?" I said smirking "she's sleeping at my house tonight"

 

"Where is she?!" He said furiously "and she didn't mention that she's sleeping at your place! I know you're lying"

 

"Don't believe me? Ask her yourself" I said then heard her coming downstairs and into the kitchen so I quickly hung up.

 

*Minah's point of view* 

 

"What are you doing with my phone?" I said crossing my arms. 

 

"Jihoo called so I picked up" he said.

 

"The hell! You can't just go around picking up other people's phones without asking them!" I yelled.

 

He just looked at something behind me then at me with wide eyes.

 

I looked at him confused then turned around and saw a knife stand with a bunch of knifes in it and looked back at him with a smirk.

 

As soon as he saw me smirk he put my phone on the counter then ran away.

 

I chuckled at him then picked up my phone and called Jihoo back.

 

"Oppa I'm so sorry I couldn't come, it's because Mrs. Lu wanted me to cook with her and I lost track of time" I said.

 

"It's okay it's not your fault, how about we go eat dinner together tomorrow?"

 

"Okay dinner tomorrow sounds great, I'll see you tomorrow" I said then hung up.

 

*Luhan's point of view*

 

I eavesdropped on their conversation and heard that they were going on a date tomorrow. "Oh no you wouldn't" I mumbled then went to my mom who was in her room.

 

"Mom I heard that Minah and Jihoo are going out tomorrow" I said.

 

"Who is Jihoo?" Dad said walking out of the bathroom while drying his face with a towel.

 

"Her boyfriend" I explained.

 

"And?" Mom asked apparently not understanding my point.

 

"Mom, do you really want her to go out with her boyfriend while she has a fiancée?" I said crossing my arms.

 

"You're right" she agreed while I rolled my eyes "how about we do a barbecue tomorrow?"

 

"Sounds good" I agreed.

 

"You can invite your friends too, I know you've been working hard and always eating fast food so let's reward you with a barbecue" she continued. 

 

"Okay goodnight" I bowed then left their room.

 

*Minah's point of view*

 

Next morning I woke up to a knock on the door. I got up rubbing my eyes and trying to keep them open cause I was still tired and opened the door.

 

"Good morning Miss Minah" the maid bowed.

 

"Good morning" I mumbled squinting my eyes to the ray of light that got into the room.

 

"Here is your uniform for school" she handed me my uniform that was neatly folded and that smelled of roses "Mrs. Lu told us to wash it" 

 

"Thank you" I bowed then picked up my phone to look at the time that was 6:00 AM.

 

Time to get ready for school. I got out of the room and went to Luhan's room.

 

I opened the door slightly and peeked inside. I guess he forgot to lock it. I saw him sleeping soundly like a baby on his huge bed.

 

I tiptoed to the bathroom and closed the door slowly without making any noise.

 

I picked up the toothbrush that Mrs. Lu gave me yesterday to use and started brushing my teeth.

 

After brushing my teeth I washed my face then wore my uniform and did my hair.

 

I exited the bathroom and my phone vibrated in my pocket. I picked it up and saw a text from Mrs. Lu it said 'Morning Minah, I left for work early so sorry I didn't tell you this and I can't call because I'm in a meeting but can you wake Luhan up? He's tired from practicing with his band so I know he won't wake up for another 3 hours, that's why I need you to wake him up. Don't forget to eat breakfast before leaving!'

 

I groaned in frustration before putting my phone in my pocket. He'll probably punch me for waking him up.

 

"Yah wake up" I said shaking his shoulder with a disgusted look on my face. Thank god he was covered with the bed sheet and only his shoulders and head were showing.

 

I kept shaking his shoulders and he just kept and groaning in his sleep indicating that he's annoyed.

 

"Yah!" I yelled irritated but he still didn't listen. He must really be tired.

 

I kept trying to wake him for 10 minutes but he still wouldn't wake up and I was getting late for school.

 

"Fine!" I snapped "stay asleep!"

 

I stormed out of the room and went downstairs to the kitchen.

 

I saw that the maids had already prepared breakfast. "Good morning Miss Minah here is your breakfast" the maid placed a place that had toast and and egg on it in front of me plus a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice then bowed "Thank you, and can you wake Luhan up? He wouldn't get up when I tried to wake him up" she nodded and left.

 

I ate my delicious breakfast then grabbed my bag which was placed on the hanger near the door, I guess the maids brought it here from my house. 

 

I put on my shoes then walked out the door closing it behind me. 

 

When I reached school Luhan texted me 'Thanks for not waking me up you brat!'

 

"Idiot" I rolled my eyes then entered class.

 

After school ended, me and Jihoo were walking outside while holding hands and talking then I remembered something.

 

"Oh I forgot my bag in my locker!" I remembered "you can go ahead without me I'll bring my bag then head home"

 

"Okay I'll come pick you up in 2 hours for our date" he kissed my cheek then left.

 

I ran back to school then grabbed my back and walked out then I saw Luhan's car parked in front of me.

 

When he got out of his car the girls who were still in the school building, which were a few of them, started screaming.

 

I looked at them then at Luhan with wide eyes then ran to him and pushed him back in the car and got in the passenger seat.

 

"Yah! Are you crazy!" I yelled at him "drive before they start taking pictures!" 

 

He looked at me shocked then drove his car. After getting further from my school he started talking.

 

"We're having a barbecue in 2 hours so I'm gonna drop you off at your house to get ready" he said casually. 

 

"Excuse me?!" I questioned "but I have a date in 2 hours so I can't attend your barbecue"

 

"You heard what my parents said" he said focusing his eyes on the road "you must attend anything they ask you to"

 

"You're a pain in the , you know that?" I said with a fake smile. 

 

It's okay, I'll just tell Jihoo to postpone the dinner until later tonight. 

 

He dropped me off at my house then drove off to his.

 

I entered the house and all the maids greeted me then when I turned my back they started whispering and giggling while looking at me.

 

I turned my head to look at them then they all stopped giggling and whispering and bowed their heads. I guess they were talking about me and Luhan.

 

I went up to my room, closed the door behind me and threw my bag on the chair beside my door.

 

"God how I missed my room" I said twirling around then throwing myself on my huge comfy bed.

 

I texted Jihoo to postpone the dinner then put my phone on the bed side table.

 

I felt my eyelids getting heavy "I'll just close my eyes for 5 minutes then start getting ready for the barbecue" I mumbled then dozed off.

 

After a while I woke up "what year am I in?" I murmured. I grabbed my phone to look at the time and saw many missed calls from Mrs. Lu then I looked at the time and widened my eyes when I saw that I'm already late for the barbecue. 

 

"Oh !" I ran to my closet and picked out a whit crop top that said 'HERO' on it and some ripped jean shorts.

 

I ran to the bathroom,  washed my teeth and face then applied little makeup and brushed my curly hair.

 

After wearing my clothes I tied a grey cardigan on my waist then wore a black beanie on my head.

 

I grabbed my phone then put it in my pocket and grabbed my grey sneakers and ran out the door.

 

I started wearing my sneakers while walking down the stairs which I was about to fall multiple times because of, then walked out the house.

 

I reached Luhan's house and rang the doorbell. 

 

I was greeted by the maid when she opened the door then I walked in the living room.

 

I saw Luhan laying on the couch playing with his phone while the maids and Mrs. Lu are busy setting things up, running from the kitchen to the backyard and from the backyard to the kitchen.

 

"Aren't you going to help?" I said to him with a raised eyebrow.

 

He looked at me uninterested then went back to playing with his phone. I glared at him then went to help Mrs. Lu and the maids.

 

"Sorry I'm late" I bowed to Mrs. Lu "is there anything I can help with?" 

 

"It's okay dear you can relax" she smiled.

 

"No I insist" I said.

 

*Hyuna's point of view*

 

I entered Luhan's house and saw him on the couch laughing at something on his phone. Before I could say anything his mother called him from the kitchen so he left his phone on the couch and got up.

 

I was curious to what he was laughing at so I grabbed his phone and unlocked it then saw that he was looking at a video.

 

I played the video and it was at Luhan's party where Minah was drunk and clinging on Luhan. He even has a video of that?!

 

I put the phone down when I saw him coming out of the kitchen.

 

"Where you on my phone?" He asked.

 

"No of coarse not" I lied.

 

"Anyways, the barbecue is starting so let's go outside" he walked to the backyard while I followed behind him.

 

*Minah's point of view*

 

I was setting up the plates on the table when suddenly someone hugged me from behind. 

 

"Hey Minah" Chanyeol said.

 

I turned around and saw Chanyeol standing there with a smile on his face when he let go of me. Does he hug everyone like that?! I mean, we just met like yesterday. 

 

"Hey Chanyeol" I greeted him.

 

Then all the EXO boys came out of the house into the backyard. 

 

I looked at them with wide eyes. "Wow, alot of hot guys in the same place at once"

 

"Thanks" smirked a really tall guy whom I didn't know.

 

"Did I say that out loud?" I said with flushed cheeks.

 

"You did" he said and I mentally slapped my self "I'm kris by the way"

 

"nice to meet you Kris, I'm Minah" I smiled.

 

The other guys also introduced themselves except the ones whom I already knew and while we chatted together while Mr. And Mrs. Lu were grilling the meat.

 

Surprisingly it was fun hanging out with them.

 

*Hyuna's point of view*

 

Luhan and his band members were all surrounding Minah, laughing and chatting with her while they ignored me. That gets all the attention that she doesn't deserve while they ignore me as if I'm invisible.

 

I felt anger boil in me while I walked up to Luhan.

 

"Oppa can I use your phone? My phone just died and I really need to call my parents" I said acting innocent. 

 

He handed me his phone without saying a word and I quickly walked into the living room.

 

I unlocked the phone then searched for the video Luhan was watching. When I found it I immediately sent it to Minah's boyfriend then deleted the message history so luhan wouldn't notice.

 

I smirked to myself before handing the phone back to Luhan.

 

"Thanks" I said batting my eyelashes. 

 

He put his phone back into his pocket then went back to hanging around with his friends. 

 

*Minah's point of view*

 

Luhan, his father, and his friends were sitting in the living room while Mrs. Lu, Hyuna, and I were sitting outside on the patio having tea.

 

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 11 o'clock plus alot of missed calls from Jihoo.

 

Oh my god I totally forgot about about him!

 

"It was great having dinner with you but I gotta go now cause it's getting late" I said to Mrs. Lu while standing up and putting the tea cup on the table.

 

"I guess I was having so much fun that I lost track of time" she smiled "do you want me to tell Luhan to drop you off?"

 

When she said that I saw Hyuna from the corner of my eye glare at me.

 

"Uh...no its okay" I bowed to her "goodnight"

 

"Goodnight dear, take care" she smiled.

 

I walked into the living room and was about to walk out the door when Mr. Lu stopped me.

 

"Minah dear are you leaving?" He asked then all the guys looked at my direction looking like they are expecting an answer.

 

"Yeah it's getting late I should get going" I answered.

 

"But you don't have school tomorrow, why don't you stay longer and maybe sleep over and hang out with Luhan"

 

All the EXO guys had these stupid looks on their faces while Luhan just glared at me. Why is everyone glaring at me today?!

 

"N-no!" I said flustered "It's okay I'll feel more comfortable sleeping in my own room anyway"

 

"As you like" he said "have a goodnight"

 

"You too Mr. Lu" I bowed then exited the door.

 

I decided to call Jihoo while I was walking home. I called him multiple times but he didn't answer. 

 

"He's probably really mad at me" I sighed while rubbing my temple.

 

I walked into the house and walked up the staircase straight into my bedroom.

 

I took a shower and brushed my teeth then wore my pink pajama shorts and my white tank top.

 

I lay down on my bed but kept moving because I wasn't sleepy so I decided to text Woohyun.

 

Me: oppa can you come over? I'm tired but I don't feel sleepy at all.

 

Woohyun: yeah sure I'll be right over.

 

One minute later the door bell rang. "That was fast" I said then jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. 

 

I opened the door and saw Jihoo standing outside.

 

"How could you?!" He said drunkly and kept wobbling around unable to stand straight.

 

"Oppa are you drunk?!"

 

"Shut up!" He shouted then pushed me aside and entered the house.

 

"You should really get home now" I said a little panicked. 

 

"I can't believe you ditched me for him!" He shouted.

 

He stumbled and pushed a table that made the vase on it fall and shatter on the ground.

 

"Yah! Just please go home we can talk about it in the morning!" I shouted.

 

"Talk about what?! About how you bailed on me to hang out with that ?!" He yelled and grabbed me by my arm with alot of force.

 

"Please let go of me" I pleaded while crying "you're hurting me!" 

 

He pushed me on the ground with full force which made me scream with pain then grabbed another vase and threw it on the ground and started kicking things around.

 

I quickly got up then ran to the bathroom and locked myself in.

 

I wanted to call someone but I left my phone in my bedroom. 

 

I sat on the ground with my back leaning on the door while hugging my knees and crying.

 

What am I gonna do?!