Chapter 1-My Birthday

What is Love

"Happy birthday Minah!" shouted my parents as I entered the house.

 

 "I can't believe my little girl is eighteen years old" my mom said with teary eyes then hugged me followed by my dad.

 

"Mom I'm not a little girl anymore" I said trying to get free from their grasp "anyways....what did you get me?! What did you get me?!" I squealed jumping up and down.

 

 "The presents are in your room" my dad smiled and as soon as he said that I ran up the stairs straight to my room.

 

I opened the door and found about ten large shopping bags on my bed.I rummaged through them all and they were filled with lots of new clothes, shoes, and makeup.I looked at my desk and there was a small box on it.I went over there and opened the box only to find a Samsung note 3."Yes! Yes! Yes!" I screamed twirling around, if anyone would've seen me they would think that I'm crazy.

 

If you're all wondering how my parents afforded all this well they own a lot of companies and do a lot of business deals with people so we became rich, but I'm not a spoiled brat like some rich kids I would've been fine with just a birthday cake.I put everything back in the bags and went down to thank my parents.

 

When I entered the living room I saw that my parents already lit the candles on the birthday cake.They sang happy birthday to me then it was time for me to blow the candles "come on Minah make a wish then blow the candles" said mom.I closed my eyes to make a wish then blew the candles "thank u for the gifts I love them" I smiled widely then hugged my parents.We ate half of the cake then the maids cleaned the place and put the other half in the refrigerator."Tonight we will throw you a huge party and we have a big announcement to tell you" mom said overly excited "can't wait" I smiled "now if you'll excuse me I have to go to Woohyun oppa's house.bye!" with that I got up and walked out the door straight to Woohyun's house.

 

I rang the door bell and a few minutes later Minhee, Woohyun's older sister, opened the door. "Hey unnie is oppa home?" I asked "hey Minah no he still didn't come back from college, oh and happy birthday" she smiled warmly "thanks" I smiled back "wanna come in?" She asked then made space for me to go in closing the door behind me."Can I ask you a favor?" she asked a bit unsure as we sat on the sofa "sure" I replied. "My parents set me up on a date cause they said that I'm too old and I need a boyfriend but I'm only 26 and I really don't want to go so can you please please please go instead of me" she said in one breath with pleading eyes "nobody would know it's you trust me I'll give you a makeover that would change your appearance completely" she said and grabbed my hand dragging me up the stairs to her room before I could even say a word.

 

She sat me down on a chair in front of her vanity table that is filled with make-up and other cosmetics.I looked at her cosmetics in amazement.Wow she must of spent her whole life collecting all these things.

 

"So we have to make you look ugly so that guy doesn't wanna go out with you again" she started "okay the first thing we have to do is connect your eyebrows" she took out a black pen and slowly drew a line that connects my eyebrows.

 

"unnie are you sure it's okay? I mean won't your parents find out?" I asked

 

"Don't worry they won't find out" she assured me."Now the second thing to do is to put a black dot right above your lips and beside your nose that looks like a birthmark".

 

She put many things on my face including long fake eyelashes, blue eyeshadow, and bright red lipstick. Ugh every time she puts something on my face I feel like it gets heavier. 

 

"Now for the final touch...." she opened the drawer and got out a short blond wig with blue highlights on the ends.Oh boy that doesn't look good.

 

"The wig" she continued while tying my hair in a bun and putting the wig on my head. "And we're done!" She exclaimed "oh right I almost forgot about the dress!" She said hitting her forehead then running in her dressing room and rummaging through her clothes.

 

I just looked at my reflection in the mirror with wide eyes.Oh my god what has she done to me?! It's okay as long as I have fun.I laughed silently to myself, that boy will not sleep at night if he took a look at me.Oh right I have to invite Minhee unnie to my party tonight I'm just so curious about the big announcement I hope it's I get to travel by my self for a month! Yeah I know that's not going to happen my parents don't leave me alone in the house without the maids there.I sighed and looked down at my lap. 

 

"Unnie my parents are throwing me a party tonight for my birthday do you want to come?"

 

"Yeah sure I'll be there" she said while still rummaging through her clothes .

 

"Here put that on" Minhee said as she come out from her dressing room holding a cute pink dress that's short from the front but tall from the back.

 

"But unnie that dress is beautiful" I said as I examined the dress "I mean don't you want me to look ugly?"

 

"Yeah but not everything has to be ugly and you will get something to wear to your party" she said while also grabbing a pair of golden heels and a golden purse "now go put these on" she added handing me the things then I went to the bathroom to change. 

 

I put the dress on then went outside "wow it looks amazing on you!" Minhee said looking at me amazed."thanks" I smiled putting on the heels. As soon as I put them on I felt unbalanced grabbing on to her "woah how am I gonna walk wearing these?"

 

"Don't worry you'll do fine, now let's go I'll drive!" She grabbed her keys then grabbed my arm and dragged me to her car.

 

We got to the restaurant in about twenty minutes. "Don't forget his name is Kyungwoo, goodluck!" She exclaimed and gave me a thumbs up before speeding off with her car."Ok I can do this" I said to myself before entering the restaurant. 

 

When I went in I went straight to the front desk "um...excuse me I'm supposed to meet someone here his name is Kyungwoo" I asked the lady that was behind the desk.First she looked at my appearance with wide eyes, yeah I kinda expected that."Yes he's at table two" she finally spoke pointing at table two."Thank you" I said bowing respectively then going over to table two.

 

As soon I went over he stood up from his chair to greet me "Hello I'm kyungwoo and you must be Minhee" he greeted me bowing respectively then extending his hand for me to shake it, ok let the games begin.

 

I looked at his hand in disgust "sorry I don't shake hands" I said before sitting on my seat.He cleared his throat and sat down "wow you're really pretty" he said staring at me.Wow that guy must really like a girl with own eyebrow and a mole the size of Jupiter on her face.

 

"I know, you don't need to remind me" I giggled "by the way how old are you?"

 

"I'm 28 years old" he replied 

 

"Oh good then I should call you oppa, anyway oppa are you rich?"

 

"Excuse me?" He looked at me with confused eyes.

 

"Didn't my parents tell you? I like rich guys"

 

"Ohhhh" he laughed "yeah I'm rich"

 

"Oh" I sighed "and do you like snakes? I really love snackes like if we get married I'll buy about 100 snakes and release them in the house so they can move freely"

 

He just stared at me and laughed awkwardly "anyways should we order?"

 

I accidentally looked at the table infront of us then I saw someone familiar "wait aren't they Mr. and Mrs. Lu?" I knew them because my parents where trying to do a business deal with them for months but the always refuse.They must be here witb their son since there is a guy sitting with them but I didn't get to see his face since his back is facing us. ! What if they recognize me?! I got to end this now "sorry but I'm not interested I'm sure that you'll find another girl that's better than me" I said while getting up "I gotta go bye!" I covered my face with my purse so they won't see me and ran off to the restroom I could see that their son went to the restroom's direction too but I couldn't see his face since his back was still facing me, what if I bump into him accidentally?!  "wait Minhee!" I could hear him behind me "Minhee!"

 

I entered the bathroom then faced the mirror to fix my appearance "ugh what's up with this guy I told him I'm not interested, such a strange man what is he a stalker?!" I mumbled to my self while taking off the wig then fixing my hair and my makeup when someone cleared his throat behind me.I quickly turned around and saw a boy that was a bit tall with blonde hair that kinda looked like a poodle's hair staring at me with wide eyes.With his appearance he could really be in a band.Wait this is a woman's restroom what is he doing here?!

 

"Yah!" I shouted at him "what are you doing here you know this is a woman's restroom right?!" I scolded him without even giving him a chance to speak.Before he could say anything Kyungwoo came in and looked at me with a confused expression "Minhee what are you doing here? This is a man's restroom".I quickly put the wig back on.

 

"!" I cursed silently to myself I must've wandered in the men's restroom without noticing.

 

"And please give me another chance" Kyungwoo pleaded "let's complete our date"

 

"I said I'm not interested" I glared at him "and I....I..I have a boyfriend!" I said and quickly hung on to poodle haird guy's arm "now go!"

 

As soon as he went out I faced poodle hair guy "Thank you fake boyfriend!" I bowed respectively, he examined me from head to toe then scoffed walking out of the restroom.What's up with him?!

 

I quickly took off my heels and ran out of the restroom before anyone can see me.

 

I called a cab and waited outside for it to come.While waiting I saw a a crowd of paparazzi standing outside the restaurant's door.Weird, is there a celebrity inside? When the cab came I gave him the address to my house.

 

"Is there something I'm forgetting?" I said quietly, I shook the thought off, if I don't remember it then it's not that important. 

 

I paid the the driver then ran to my front door as fast as I can cause it was cold outside and I'm only wearing a dress. I opened the front door slowly to see if my parents are awake because if they were they would've scolded me for being late.But the lights are off so they must be asleep.

 

"Surprise!" A crowd of people shouted as I opened the door and the lights .

 

Oh right the birthday party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A\N:Please dont forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe ^^