Chapter 5

If fall in love with you...

CHAP 5 What are we now?

 

After that day, I barely saw Sayaka. I need to meet her. I need to ask her why she left me so sudden. But the most important, I need to ask her why did she lie to me? Why? Why did she disappear?

 

 

It’s raining today but here I am, just sitting under the same tree where we used to hanging out every break. I didn’t care if I was all wet now. I didn’t care if I’ll get sick later. All I care is how to erase a certain smile from my mind. How to erase this certain voice. This certain warmth. How should I erase all of this?

My teardrops were mixing with the rainwater. It’s salty. Yes, just like how my heart now. I closed my eyes tried to enjoy the rain when suddenly it stopped. I didn’t feel any rainwater touched my body. Then I slowly opened my eyes to meet a black umbrella. My heart was beating so fast at the sight. It felt like it will jump out of my chest.

I closed my eyes again. I believe I was still dreaming. Then, seconds later I heard a faint hey. I heard the voice that I’ve been missing in these past a month. The voice that wouldn’t ever leave me alone. Am I imagining things?

“Hey, you’ll get sick,” that voice appear again, more clearer this time

Carefully I tried to open my eyes. There it was. The face that I’ve been longing to see. The face that haunted all of my dreams. I blinked a few times which earned a tiny giggle from her.

“You’ll get sick, dummy,” she said softly

That. That words. It suddenly hit me.

“Dummy?! I’ll get sick?! After a month of avoiding me now you care? After a month of leaving me now you’ll care if I get sick? Have ever count of how hurt I am in these past a month? Have you ever taught how desperate I am just to see your face? Or how hurt I am when you saw me but you act like I never exist? Have you?! HAVE YOU?!” I exploded. I screamed all over her. Shoved my forefinger onto her chest. I saw her shock expression. agape a little. If I didn’t mad, I probably will capture that cute expresion of her.

I grabbed the bag beside me roughly and almost successfully ran past her but, fortune wasn’t with me this time. A strong grip held my right arm and stopped me. It hurt to be honest.

“I’m scared,” I heard a tiny voice of her

“I’m scared,” she said it again, a little louder this time

I tried to yank my arm from her. “I don’t care!” I shouted

“Please,” she pleaded, sounded so fragile

If I didn’t this mad at her I probably will pulled her into a hug and whispered all the comfort words to her. But no. I had enough.

She tighthen the grip in my arm.

“Please let go of my arm. It’s hurt,” I said in a flat tone

Hurt expression crept up her face but I didn’t care. I shrugged it off. I struggled to take my hand off her. Then her next move suprised me. She let go of the umbrella and pulled me into a hug. She hugged me tightly while the rain soaked us.

I tried to break away from her arms. “I’m scared. I’m scared because you go way too far into my heart,” she stated so softly until I almost believe that my ears fooled me

Slowly I stopped my rebellion. To be honest, it’s getting colder. With the rain showering us.

“I don’t want to involve you. I don’t want you to get hurt,” she said with tenderness

“But you already did,” I replied

She hummed. “That’s why it makes me scared. I never felt this way before. I never felt this warmth before. I didn’t even know if my heart was beating before, not until you’re creeping into my heart. And that made me scared. I’m scared because I never felt this kind of need to see someone. This kind of hurt when I see the tears. This kind of warm when I see her smile. I never felt any of this before. At least not after Aina left me,” she mumbled the last sentence real slow but I believe I heard it right. And it stabbed me. My flutter heart almost suddenly stopped.

I never care about what Nana said before. At least not at the part that Sayaka is a killer that I should stay away from. No, I never believe that. There must be a reason.

With trembling body, because of the rain and because of what she just did, I pulled off the hug and stared right into her eyes.

“Now tell me. What happened to Aina? I want to know the real story,” she frozen at my query

“You didn’t know her,” she hissed quietly

“Yes, I do. At least a little bit from Nana,” and that’s when her body couldn’t be any frozen than this except for her little trembling body because of the rain

“Let’s dry ouself first. I don’t want for both of us to get sick,” she grabbed my hand but I was standing still, didn’t move an inch. She flinched at my act.

“Please,” she begged

“Why would I? Just leave me alone,” she hissed

“Damn you, little dummy`,” she cursed before pulled me up and broght me like I was such a sack.

I squirmed and thrashed around but she tighten the grip and finally I calmed down.

When we arrived at a more shady place, she putted me down into a bench gently.

“A few minutes ago you act like some kind of prince charming in a fairytale and the next second you being all jerk,” I berated her

Her with a calm face she ignored me and grabbed the bag beside me. She pulled out a dry towel and motioned me to lean forward. I glared at her and sulking.

She slowly and gently pulled my head forward and put the towel over my head before move her hands slowly to dry my hair. I pouted at her.

“The first second you make me hate you so bad and the next second you make me fall over-,” When I realize what I just slipped out, I covered my mouth and pursued my lips

Curse my mouth.

I felt her hand stopped moving and I lowered my head, full of shame.

I didn’t feel or hear anything for the next few seconds. Only the sounds of the rain and the sounds of our steady breathing. I could even heard the sounds of my heart beating that beating so fast.

I almost lift my hands but a thumb and forefinger on my chin stopped it. Her fingers slowly lift my chin up and there I met those two beautiful pair of eyes. My cheeks felt so hot despite the weather which was so freezing.

“While you, you make really frustrated. I can even barely understand my ownself. It feels like only you who can control it,” she confessed. “And you know what the most tragic thing? This,” she pointed her chest,” is only beating for you. Only you,” she sealed the last two words with a kiss

She planted a soft kiss on my lips and pulled out almost immediately. But, I pulled her for another kiss right after. I could feel her smirk on my lips.

“Are you that desperate to taste how sweet my lips?” I asked teasingly when we broke the kiss

A tint of pink colored her cheeks.

“And you are way too cheesy~,” I teased

She’s blushing heard that made me giggling. She knocked my head and made me pouted.

“You jerk,” I exclamied

“But you fell for this jerk~,” Now, she’s the one who’s teasing me

After few minutes of running and laughing, we get tired and decided to rest for a while.

“The rain has stopped. Let’s go home. I don’t want you to get sick,” she got up from the chair and pulled me

“I’m too tired to walk,” I stated and put a sad face

“I’m soaking wet,” she replied like it’s a matter of fact

“Oh please like I’m dry. We both soaked, there’s no different,” I rolled my eyes

She sighed. “Fine”. Then I saw her squatted before motioned me to hop onto her back.

I gleefully hopped onto her, wrapped my legs around her waist and hugged her neck tightly.

“Are you trying to killing me?” she hissed

I giggled before loosen up my arms a bit.

“And don’t fall asleep,” I heard the faint sound of her before went into my slumber with a like-she’ll-do-something-to-me” thought

 

 

TBC

 

Comments are really appreciated :)