Chapter 2

If fall in love with you...

CHAP 2 Be your arm

 

“I said stop staring at her,” Nana said impatiently as she flicked my forehead to get my attention

I broke my stare from Sayaka and glared at Nana.”What was that?”

“I told you for milion times to stop staring at her,” Nana said, avoided my glare while tapping her hand impatiently on the table

“What’s wrong with you? I also told you for milion times to tell me why I shouldn’t do that,” I asked didn’t stop my glare

Nana kept mum which only irked me.

“Do you by any chance also like her?”

Nana seemed to be taken back by my sudden question. I could smell something fishy here.

“What kind of nonsense is that,” she snapped at me before grabbed her bag and left me still on the chair in the cafetaria

My eyes were following her and I could feel some stares from people because it seemed like Nana’s voice was louder than she expected. By the time I turned my head to the food in front of me, I caught a glimpse of her gaze at me. It caught me by surprise. But, when I turned my gaze to her, I saw her continued playing with her phone. I sighed in disappointment.

Powerlessly I walked out the cafetaria, went to my next class.

To be honest I want to talk to her. I’m worried about her arm because well, it’s all because of me. Ok, I’ll talk to her after school! I determinated.

 

 

I saw her locking her locker. Quietly I walked toward her, scared to surprise her. But, what just happened was the otherwise. She jumped a little when I tapped her shoulder and she turned around while holding her chest. I smiled awkwardly. “I’m sorry to surprise you,” I apologize

She maintained her poker face while adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder. I scratch the back of my head tried to look for the right words.

“Uhm. I-I just want to ask about you arm. Did it still hurts?” I asked concernly mixed with scared feeling

She stared at me with the same expression and not utter a single word which made me uneasy. I wanted to run far away from her scary poker face.

“I-I-,”

“I guess it’s okay now,” she finally answered with a flat tone

“But, I saw you had a hard time to writing. You also barely could lock your locker with your right arm,”

“Are you stalking me?” she asked me, raised her left eyebrow

I pursed my lips while gripping the hem of my t-shirt. I feel so embarrassed now and not to mentioned nervous as hell.

“Err, that...Uhm, you are still hurting so-so I’m worried about you and sometimes once in a while I took a..glance..at...you,” I replied with tone that kept fading away

I lowered my face tried to hide my reddening cheeks. I could feel her fierce piercing gaze. I played my fingers nervously.

Suddenly I heard a soft laugh. I lift my head and looked at her with a surprise expression. It seemed like my action made her feel uncomfortable. While clearing , she adjust the bag strip in her shoulder again and walked pass me without utter a single word. I frowned and felt a little hurt inside.

I turned my body to stop her but I guess I turned a little to fast which made me tripped on my own feet and falling down. I closed my eyes tightly to supressed the upcoming hurt feeling but I did feel nothing. Instead, I felt a strong, hard grip on my waist. I slowly opened my eyes to see a pair of hazelnut eyes. I was mesmerized by those beautiful pair of eyes. This is the first time I saw her eyes in this close distance and I just realize she had the really beautiful eyes. But, I guessed it’s either my gaze made her uncomfortable or it’s a little too creepy because in a blink of an eye suddenly we stood face to face now.

“Be more careful next time,” she whispered softly before started to walk away. But, I stopped her by gripped the hem of her leather jacket.

It took her by surprised. Maybe a little too surprise because I saw her eyes widen a little to wide. I laughed inside. She looked like a surprised kitten.

“Uhm. Thank you for saving me for the second time,” I said, shyly

“I told you it’s okay. Now, can I leave?” she asked while looking to my hand that still gripping her jacket tightly

“And,” she lift her face to face me again, ”can I ask you a favor?” I asked doubtly

She looked hesitant before nodded a little. “Go ahead,”

“I feel so bad because I’m the one who caused that wound on your arm,” I said while pointing at her bandaged arm. “So, I want to be you right arm until it heals,” I finished confidently

She flinched a little at the idea. “I told you it--,”

“I insist,” I cut her words

She looked surprise again with my stubborn action. I smiled proudly inside.

“I won’t accept a no from you,” I added

She nodded half-heartedly while I was smiling widely that could rip my cheeks off. But, before I could say another word, I saw her already walking toward the exit door.

Geez, this girl. Did she hate me that much?

I quickened my pace to match hers. I linked my right arm to her left arm, the one that didn’t injure.

“No skin contact please,” she said, yanked her arm off my grip

I hurt a little again.

 

 

I followed her until we reach a fork in the road where we supposed to separate. She walked straight and I should walked to the left but this time I decided to follow her until she safed reach her house. She was walking 10 meters in front of me. I kept a distance with her since she said that she didn’t like a skin contact. I frowned a little at that thought.

“Why are you following me?” her question snapped me from my LaLaLa Land

I grinned stupidly at her. “I want to make sure that you arrive at your house safely,” I answered

She stared at me like I just said a stupidest thing ever.

“You are stupidly crazy,” with that short remark, she grabbed my hand forcefuly and dragged me to the direction of my house

I winced in pain because the grip was getting tighter. I whimpered a little which noticed by her. She let go of my grip a little too fast that made me stumble. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled. “I just didn’t want you to get another trouble,” she whispered more to herself but it left without unnoticed by me

I flattered inside because that meant she cared about me.

After that, we continued to walk in silence. As a talkactive person, this silence is killing me. I wanted to start a conversation but I believed she hated to talk a lot. So, I just locked my mouth and followed her obdiently.

After for like a century of the walking to me (well, don’t blame me because we didn’t say even a single word that’s why the walk was felt like years to me), we arrived in front of my house. I smiled gratefully at her before she turned her body around and walked home without a single word. I felt a sudden pang in my heart when I saw her walked away from me but I tried to shrugged it off. After all we’re just strangers. “Take care,” I whispered ever so gently and went inside my house.

 

 

I’m standing in front of the front gate and leaned my body on the nearer wall.

I woke up a little more early today which surprised my mother because as she propably remembered that her daughter never woke up even when the alarm was shoved into both of her ears.

The only reason I was willing to wake up so early because I will wait for the certain Sayaka girl before she arrived because today is my first day to “work part time” as her right hand. I smiled proudly at that thought before it went flat when I saw Nana in the corner of my eyes. I saw her also glance at me. I wanted to greet her but I guessed she still mad at me, by the way she looked at me. It’s full of pain and... hatred. I’m not sure.

Ah, I forgot I haven’t told her about me being Sayaka’s “right hand” but, I guessed it wasn’t necessary anymore because she even barely looked at me these days. Just when I was almost wondering again about our last conversation, a pat on my shoulder woke me up. I turned to face the culprit.

When I saw that beautifully handsome face stood in front of me, I couldn’t help but to grin so widely which made her flinch a little. I giggled at that sight. She might be looked like a bad girl but I wouldn’t lie about how cute she was.

“What are you doing here?” she asked me, demanding

I grinned at her before replied cheerfully, “Of course I’m waiting for you,”

She gave no reply and walked away while me, tried to caught her up as always.

I seriously couldn’t stay in this silence anymore. I braced myself to asked her. While fidgeting my fingers, I tapped her shoulder which made her stopped. She gave me a slightly confuse expression waiting for me to spoke up.

“Are you hate me that much?” I asked boldly when we’re n the hallway

I saw her knitted her eyebrows tried to digest what I just asked before gave me a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look. I shifted my feet uncomfortably before stared at her.

“Well, you never really talked to me. I mean, when I asked you a question all you gave was a short nodded or sometimes you even didn’t answer it. I-I was wondering if you hate me that much,” I explained, earned a scoff from her

I lift my head in surprise because I didn’t expect that kind of response. She gave me a piercing stare that made me winced a little.

“I guess you don’t know me,” she replied shortly before continued to walk and left me alone like a stupid person

“Then why don’t you tell me about yourself,” I half-shouted at her

I saw her stopped and frozen. I could hear people in my surrounding also stopped and start to whispering. And some people even looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. Well, I didn’t care about them because all I care is about a certain black leather jacket girl.

She still didn’t move from her spot. I took it as an advantage as I walked approaching her.

I tried to touched her arm but she dodged away.

“You shouldn’t be around me. People gonna hate you,” she whispered softly, her eyes darkened

“But, you promised me. You’ll let me help you until your right arm heal,” I exclaimed, “Besides, I think they already did,” I glanced at my surrounding

I heard her cursed.

“You know, I don’t really care about what people gonna say about me,”

I saw her eyes softened before she continued to walk and let me followed her.

 

 

TBC

 

Comments are really appreacited :)