6: The Magazine

Bamboo Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things not only improved with Donghae over the next two weeks, but I actually started looking forward to coming home.  I learned that Leeteuk was right and my new roommate got depressed very easily when left by himself, so when I got home I would hang out in the common areas and he would naturally gravitate towards me.  After the first day I told him that if he wanted to spend time with me then he'd have to start wearing pants, or at least underwear.  He laughed and rolled his eyes, but he did it.  He helped me cook meals and I helped him with his buttons.  When I would watch television he would sit on the couch next to me.  He never seemed interested in what we were watching, but he didn't interrupt or distract me when I was enjoying a show either.

Donghae was lounging on the couch flipping through a magazine when I came through the front door one day and I briefly wondered if he had been waiting for me.  "I'm home."

He sat up and looked at me over his shoulder with a mischievous smile.  "Hi."

I set down my belongings and gave him a weird look.  "What's up?"

Donghae's smile turned into a full-blown grin.  "It's funny you would use that phrase..."

"Seriously, what's going on?"  I kicked off my shoes and walked into the living room.

"Nothing much... just looking through this magazine I found..." he said nonchalantly.

I tried to get a glimpse of the magazine, but he hid it behind his back.  "What magazine?"

"This gay magazine that someone left laying around."

"What?!"  He held the magazine out with his good hand so I could see the cover.  "Oh my God, give me that!"

"No way!  I found it!"

I was so embarrassed I wanted to run away and hide, but decided I needed to get the magazine back first.  If I got the magazine back he wouldn't have any proof of its existence and I could deny ever owning such a thing until the day I died.  "Give it to me!"  I tried to snatch it from his hand, but he pulled it back out of my reach.  I scrambled over the furniture to get to it and he stood up on the couch to keep it away from me.

"No.  I'm still looking at it.  It's very interesting," he teased.

"There is nothing in there for you!  Damn it Donghae."  I lunged across the couch, but he jumped out of the way.

"How do you know?  I might be able to learn something.  For example, this trick on page 29... this is totally new to me!"  Donghae was laughing as he jumped from the couch and ran to the kitchen.

"It's not funny Donghae.  Give it back!"

Donghae flipped open the magazine to a picture of a well endowed man posing on the beach.  "Not funny?  Look at this guy!  Look at the serious expression on his face!  It's probably really hard to look that serious with sand in your -crack!"

"You're not supposed to look at his face."

Donghae bent over and held his stomach while he laughed.  I tried to take advantage of his distraction to snatch the magazine away, but he was faster than I thought and dodged by me and back into the living room.  "What the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter