5: The Pauper

Bamboo Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was in the kitchen making dinner Friday night when I heard the front door slam.  I looked over my shoulder to see Donghae striding through the living room.  He struggled with getting his jacket off and when he finally got it over his broken arm he threw it across the room.  It was only funny because this was the first time I'd ever seen him try to take something off.  Always before there had been a girl to do it for him.

"Bad day?" I asked.

"You could say that."

"No girl to undress you today?"

"Nah, when my credit card was declined and she had to pay for dinner, she kinda lost interest."

I turned to face the stove so I could chuckle to myself.  "I see.  I thought it might have been the STD's that chased her off.  Silly me."

"Why are you so obsessed with me having STD's?  I know you've checked me out while I was .  Everything looks normal and healthy right?  Do you want to see the paperwork from my last checkup?  Is this just step one of your evil plan to get into my pants?"

"Chill out.  I'm not interested in a pretty-boy who can't even afford to buy dinner."

"Yeah, well then you have something in common with all the other girls in this city.  What the hell am I going to do now?"

"Here's a wild idea... not spend money until your next paycheck?"

"Nobody wants to spend time with someone that can't buy them dinner."

"Maybe not the kind of people you take home for a one night stand.  Don't you have any friends that just want to hang out with you because you're you?"  I plated my food while I waited for an answer, but after a few minutes of nothing but silence from the living room I started to feel a little bad for the man.  "Leeteuk told me you don't have any friends, is that true?  You don't have a best friend?"

"He said that?"  His words were so soft I almost didn't hear them.

"Yeah.  Seems like it's true."

" you.  You know, I've at least tried to be nice to you.  You can see I've had a bad day, and maybe a few nice words from you could have turned that around, but instead you'd rather make yourself feel superior by kicking me while I'm down.  Well I hope you're happy now.  You're such a , no wonder why your boyfriend cheated and left you.  In case you're wondering, you can thank Leeteuk for telling me that too."

I could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter