Six

Hopeful Encounter

Chapter Six

 

So I’m sitting here in Principle Bang Sihyuk’s office and It’s been 1 week since the night that changed my life. The only people I’ve told are my family, and contrary to my thoughts they are really supportive of the idea and are encouraging me to attend Big Hit.

 

I’ve been thinking of the whole thing, and I’ve come to the conclusion that even tho I’m not good compared to everyone else at Big Hit I’m willing to learn and Improve. I’ve got no dream or ideas with what I want to do with my life right now, so what could hurt with attending Big Hit Academy for 3 months?

 

Bang Sihyuk walks in and sits down in his really big comfy looking seat, he’s so intimidating It’s kinda scary.

 

“I’m glad you decided to try this out Soyang” he says with a smile that helps me calm down, he’s not so intimidating anymore.

 

“Yeah, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain”

 

His smile grows even wider.

 

“I’m glad you think that way, now we need to sort some things out like your contract I want you to look it over with your family and if you have anything you would like to add or take out just let me know”

 

Wow this is getting official, I’m nervous yet excited at the same time.

 

“We will provide you with your living expenses, and you will need to move into your new dorm by this weekend. It’s a Saturday today so I expect your contract handed to me by wednesday the latest Thursday. And by Friday you will get a tour around the academy.”

 

So much to process, so much to do, what do I ask him first, oh gosh this is happening so fast.

 

“Umm what do you mean by new dorm?” Out of everything this is what I was most curious of

 

“You live an hour and a half away from the academy Soyang, and the lessons start from 7am and end at 7pm sometimes longer. Do you think you can get up at 5am every day for 3 months?”

 

Waking up at 5am for 3 months!?!?!? Who in their right mind would wake up that early, nope not me, I am not an early bird, infact if anyone wakes me up that early they better be expecting an angry Soyang on the loose.

 

“Okay, that makes a lot of sense, can I ask who I will be rooming with?”

 

“Unfortunately we have decided to keep that a secret from you, you know just to keep you wondering who they are” He giggles.

 

Wow Mr. Bang Sihyuk who knew you could be this evil -_-

 

“Fine, I guess I won’t know until I get there, but sir what will my lesson schedule be like?”

 

“It won’t be easy that’s all I know for now but It will be rewarding, you will get your lesson schedule on Friday when you come in for a tour. We have made a special exception for you Soyang you are our 101th student, we normally only have 100 students. But all of the staff unanimously decided to have you learn and study with us, we see the huge potential in you and we want to bring that out of you”

 

This scares me, what if I’m not able to meet his expectations of me, I don’t want to disappoint him or the staff.

 

“Okay sir I’ll look through the contract and give it to you”

 

He nods his head and I take that as a signal that I can go now so I get up to leave, once my hand is on the doorknob he says something that burdens me even more.

 

“Soyang, I believe in you, and i believe that you will find your path with us. Trust us, we will support you the whole way just like we do with all our students, but personally I think you’re something special”

 

And with those words I walk out of his office with my head down, and I bump into something sturdy but luckily this time I did not fall. I step back to see who it is and to my disbelief it’s Jung Hoseok, oh gosh out of everyone why did it have to be him!?

 

“I’m so sorry I bumped into you it all just happened so fast”

 

Okay Soyang at least try and keep your cool this time don’t go all awkward on him like you did last time!

 

He smiles at me and I seriously don’t think I’ll ever get over just how handsome he is when he smiles. Not to mention that it has some weird magic ability on me, everytime I see him smile It calms me down and replaces all my previous scared, nervous emotions to a warm fuzzy feeling.

 

“We always seem to be legitimately bumping into each other when we meet” He laughs, and that laugh is like music to my ears.

 

“Yeah we do I’m sorry I’m such a clutz I need to stop looking at the floor when I walk and start looking ahead of me” I let out a nervous giggle

 

“You could do that, but I like being there to catch you when you fall”

 

Nope I’m gone, why did he have to say that? i’m melting in all this fluffyness and why on earth is my heart beating faster!?.

 

Just don’t say something embarrassing Soyang!

 

“Yeah, you're like my Knight in shining armor”

 

. . .

 

TOO LATE! WHY DO I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING WITHOUT THINKING WHYYYYY!!!! I SWEAR IT WILL BE THE END OF ME ONE DAY!

 

He’s probably thinking why the hell I’m so weird and creepy, I mean I’ve only met him ONCE this being the second time!! Why am I such a dork ;~;

 

Hoseok’s POV

 

I was learning some new choreography with Jimin and Jeongguk when I was called to the Principal's office out of the blue.

 

Okay, think Hoseok is there anything you should not have done recently!? All that I can recall is hiding Jimin’s shoes making him walk back to the dorms in slippers. Okay I know you might be thinking that’s a little mean, but come on, everyone knows how fun it is to tease Jimin.

 

I’m almost at the principal's office when I see a familiar figure walk out the door and walk right into my chest.

 

As soon as she stepped back I was greeted with the person I thought it was, and the person I have been thinking about all week wondering If I would see her again.

 

Lee Soyang.


 

“I’m so sorry I bumped into you it all just happened so fast”

 

Her cheeks heated up into that rosey pink I’ve already come accustomed to. I can tell how embarrassed she is and I just realise every time we meet we seem to always bump into each other.

 

“We always seem to be legitimately bumping into each other when we meet” I smile and laugh at the realisation.

 

“Yeah we do I’m sorry I’m such a clutz I need to stop looking at the floor when I walk and start looking ahead of me”

She giggles and I swear I could get used to that smile and that laugh and just her in general.


 

“You could do that, but I like being there to catch you when you fall”

 

wow did I really just say that to her? Smooth real smooth Hoseok you’ve only met her TWICE WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS!?!?!?

 

I look at her to make sure she’s not freaked out by what I said and she shyly smiles up at me.

 

“Yeah, you're like my Knight in shining armour”

 

That somehow felt like a bullseye to the heart I can’t help but feel excited and fuzzy inside.

I was about to reply but I was called in to see Bang Sihyuk before I could -_-

 

“I’ll hopefully see you around?” A sudden sadness overcomes me, what If I never get to see her again?

 

“Yeah, I might actually be seeing you a lot soon” Before I could ask what she meant I was ushered into the office.”

 

“Sir, I swear I have not done anything wrong” I’m still so confused as to why I have been called into his scary office.

 

“I know Hoseok it’s okay, I just need you to show around a new student on Friday.”

 

“New student Sir? Is someone graduating? because we already have 100 students and you never have more than 100 students”

 

Now I’m just even more confused, who could this person be that Bang Sihyuk would abandon his own rules for.

 

“Can I ask who this student is Sir?”

 

“You’ve already met her, she has sung in front of the whole academy, Lee Soyang will be our 101th student. And you are the most outgoing and nice student at the academy so I’ll ask this favour from you, look after her and take her under your wing. She has very little confidence in her abilities and I want our academy to bring them out of her. And I think you can help do that for her, you and the other bangtan boys”

 

The first thing that came to my head was, Soyang is actually going to attend Big Hit Academy!!! And this means I get to see her everyday! I get to see that smile everyday! And Bang Sihyuk decided to have me be the one to look after her.

 

“She really is something, I was captivated by her singing”

 

Bang Sihyuk gave me small smile that I could not interpret.

 

“I’m guessing that’s not just everything she has captivated”

 

I can never figure out what is going through our principals head, I mean seriously what does he mean by that?

 

“Okay, so what time do you want me to be in front of your office on Friday?”

 

“I’m going to give you the whole day off so you can show Soyang around and introduce her to all the other students”

 

So I guess it’s true, I really will be Soyang’s Knight with a shining smile.

 

And for some reason I just know I won’t be able to take the smile off my face for the whole week.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Friday

 

Soyang’s POV

 

I was having a very fabulous and exciting dream that consisted of fairies, unicorns, rainbows and a person with a sunshine smile that could light up the darkest parts of the earth.

 

. . .

 

Okay that was pretty gross, why am I being so greasy this is not like me. Thankfully I was awoken by my alarm before anymore fluffyness could appear in my dream. My alarm ringtone is of course a song everyone knows, Happy by Pharrell Williams. You see I always like to start my day off with positivity and happiness and this is the perfect song.


 

Pharrell Williams - Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

 

This song is my morning jam.

 

I dance around to the song while looking for some clothes to wear for my tour of Big Hit Academy.

 

Yes, today is the first day I get to see what it will be like to be a student of Big Hit. I just hope they all like me, and I hope my roommates will like my morning song because I tend to play it really loudly in the mornings. It’s how I wake my family up.

 

So it’s Friday I’ve already handed the contract back in and now things are starting to feel very real. Mum made me a very big breakfast seeing as how it will be my last one from her for 3 months. I’m really going to miss my parents and my brother even tho he has already moved out and barely comes home.

 

I come out of my room to see the three of them standing in front of me with looks of sadness but also proudness glinting their eyes. I hug all three of them.

 

“I’m going to be fine, I’ll have lots of fun and the next time you see me I’ll be a confident young adult. And I’ll make you all proud”

 

“We are always proud of you no matter what pumpkin” My dad said with a smile on his face while hugging me.

 

“My little girl, make sure you look after yourself, eat your meals 3 times a day do NOT skip or you will get weak and sick. Make sure you skype us at least once a week, and just have fun, meet new people and make some great friends!”

 

“Yeah, and we will be expecting you to introduce us to a boyfriend by the time we get back”

 

I honestly have no idea why my dad wants me to have a boyfriend so bad.

 

“Yes mum and dad I’ll look after myself, I won’t cut meals you know me, why would I ever do that, I love food. I’ll make sure to have lots of fun and have new experiences, and I will make lots of friends. Besides if anything happens brother will still be in Seoul.”



 

“Just because I’m in Seoul does not mean you can call me up at anytime and ask for help, I’m a busy man and you know that”

 

I just roll my eyes and punch him.

 

“HEY! I’m not giving you a lift to your academy now AND I won’t help you with your luggage tomorrow either”

 

I panicked and ran to get him some ice to put on his arm.

 

“I did not even hit you that hard yet you complain”

 

“Okay that’s enough! Both of you be good to each other, and Donghae help her with her luggage tomorrow and keep an eye out for her. You’re now her sunbae as well as brother so make sure you help her when she needs it!”

We all head out to the door, our parents are visiting my Aunt in Australia for three months so today will be the last day I get see them until they come home.

 

I give both my mum and dad a massive bear hug.

 

“Take care both of you, make sure you eat well, look after yourselves relax and have lots of fun. I’m expecting a lot of photos and stories when you return”

 

“Young miss I believe that is what the parent should be saying to the children not the other way around”

 

The four of us all smile to each other and burst out laughing. Donghae and I both our parents to the taxi giving them one last hug and goodbye. Once they have left I turn to the direction of the train station planning to just take the train to the academy until Donghae decided to stop me.

 

“I have some time before my schedule so I can drop you to the academy if you want”

 

“Sure, that would save a lot of my energy that I’m going to need to get through today and this weekend”

 

We get into his car and start our drive to the academy that I will be at everyday, my new home of some sorts for 3 months.

 

“So, I know you're nervous but I really want you to just have fun, make new friends and just enjoy yourself. Thats the best way to bring out your abilities I know you and I know you feel burdened, I just really want you to find yourself through this experience”

 

My brother and I have always been really close, oh and if you were wondering yes my brother is Lee Donghae of Super Junior. I’ve been able to stay out of the eye of  paparazzi and therefore am not bombarded by a whole bunch of my brothers fangirls. Not that they are bad or anything, in fact the ones I have come across are all very nice. I’m just not one for being in the limelight and having attention from others makes me extremely nervous.

 

“I know I’ll try to have fun and I’ll do my best I promise, I have nothing to lose from attending and I already think I’ll have lots of fun”

 

I look out the window of the passing cars, people and buildings as I start to smile thinking of the new people I have recently just met, one in particular with a smile that could melt hearts. Literally. And the new adventures I’m about to go on.


 

We park outside the academy and I see a familiar figure standing near the entrance and I can’t help but think (and [J]hope) that it’s Jung Hoseok.

I Immediately burst into a smile while my ever so vigilant brother catches all of this.


 

Donghae/Brother POV

 

I’m so worried for Soyang, I want her to have fun but I know how serious she can get. She’s one of those people who has a lot of emotions running through them, and because of this she tends to cry a lot. She cries when she is angry, sad, happy. I’m really hoping through this she can experience things that will change her for the better.

 

I look to the direction Soyang is looking at and I see a young man standing there bouncing up and down on the top of his toes with an expectant and happy expression. I look back at Soyang and I look back and forth between the both of them, and I see something I’ve seen and experienced before glinting in both of their eyes. I can sense the excitement oozing from Soyang, and it instantly makes me realise that I have nothing to worry about.


I know how good Big Hit are to their students I have friends who have graduated from there and they always tell me how professional and fun Big Hit is. And from what I’ve been told all the students that attend are all very nice and modest, so I have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy guys,

It's been a while right? I've been pretty busy lately but I've also had some writers block :(

I feel like the story line could be dragging on a little? Not very confident in my writing lol

But wow it's been more than 1 year now with our dorky boys Bangtan, I'm so proud of them and I'm sure you all are too!

Bangtan are awesome, Army are awesome, and YOU are awesome.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to read my story I know it's very lacking right now but I'm just hoping I get better.

ALWAYS SMILE!

STAY HAPPY, POSITIVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! <3

 

Credit to http://jhopestar.tistory.com/

^_^