One

Hopeful Encounter

Chapter One

 

I never would have ever imagined myself standing inside this fairly large and very intimidating room that I am in right now. Three sets of eyes all staring at me waiting for me to do something but can I do what they wish me to do?

Let’s step into the past to figure out why I’m where I am now. It happened about 2 months ago, I graduated High School 1 year ago and I still have no idea what I’m going to do with my life. Everyday since graduation I just lazed around at home not really doing anything, until the moment I got a call from my Best Friend and Unnie Lim Jieun. I answer with very little excitement in my voice “Soyang? Nope that is it I’m coming over” Is what I hear from Jieun then she hangs up. The next thing I know is a Jieun Unnie in my apartment scolding me for always staying in my apartment. All of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my arm and realise that Jieun is pinching me. 

“LEE SOYANG! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!!!”

“Ouch Unnie that hurt and YES I’m listening, geeze for someone so tiny and who has a quiet voice you sure can yell loud when you really want to”. 

Jieun just gave me a very unamused look

“Well, you can be infuriating sometimes specially in the state you are in right now”

I roll my eyes at what she just said


“Ouch Unnie that really hurt the heart”

I find it so amusing to annoy Jieun she just pulls off the best faces.


I can’t help it anymore and fall into a fit of giggles at the face she just gave me.

“Okay Unnie I’ll stop now, so why are you here?”
I ask while grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen.

“I have come to get you out of the apartment, you are coming with me to one of my academy fun nights!”

We just sit there for a few minute just staring at each other until I finally processed what she actually said.
“. . . And I have to go whyyyyyyy?” I said with a serious tone.

“Because I said so! Come on Soyang it will be really fun plus you will get to meet all my academy friends. They already know so much about you!” 
Jieun was so animated while talking about her academy, then again she always is.


“And why would they know anything about me?” I give Jieun a pointed stare

Jieun gave me a dumbfounded look as if I just asked a very stupid question.
“Because you’re my best friend and my favorite Dongsaeng! Soyang can you just humour me and come PLEASEEEEEE??”


Jieun starts pulling her aegyo card on me, and she knows I always cave in to her when she does.

“Nope this is not fair why are you going all aegyo on me -_- FINE I’ll go! but you need to pick out something for me to wear”.


I’m just casually chilling in front of the tv while I wait for Jieun to find something for me to wear.

After a while Jieun finally picks out an outfit for me to wear "Okay I've picked out your outfit, now go change!"


I do as I'm told and go into my room only to find my room looking like it has been bombed

“LIM JIEUN LOOK AT THE MESS YOU MADE OF MY ROOM!!!! YOU BETTER CLEAN THIS LATER!”
Jieun just yells that she would but we both know who will be cleaning this up later, and it is most definitely not the person who caused the mess in the first place.

I’m done getting changed so I go out to show Jieun. “Unnie I’m done changing”

“Wow Soyang you look really good! Just as expected my talented skills with styling are the best” Jieun says with a satisfied expression on her face.

I nod along with her because I think I actually do look better than expected.
“I think you picked well Unnie, and I’m actually really excited for tonight!”
I say with a happy determined look on my face.

Jieun claps her hands
“That’s the spirit!! Now go put some makeup on, we have to leave soon or we will be late Soyang”
Okay I say

And the next thing I know we are in the taxi on our way to Big Hit Academy with extreme butterflies in my stomach for what is to come.