Relief

Working with a Horse

.:Chapter 4: Relief:.

Hoseok heard Jimin yell and he rushed over as soon as possible to see Mihi unconscious in Jimin’s arms. Jimin’s face looked shocked.

Hoseok looked over his shoulder and told someone to call 119. When the ambulance came, the manager told him to go ahead and follow her to the hospital.

“Really?” Hoseok replied. His heart was pounding so fast and his body was sweating bullets. He knew she could get hurt if she didn’t take care of her health.

“You really looked concerned for her.” The manager’s forehead crinkled. “Jimin, you go with him. We’ll handle things here.”

Jimin nodded. “Alright. Let’s go Hoseok.”

The two drove to the hospital and waited for Mihi for thirty minutes until the nurse said it was okay to come in. As expected, the doctor explained that Mihi fainted because her body was exhausted and a little rest will do her good.

Hoseok sighed a sigh of relief. Thankfully it wasn’t anything else. The nurse allowed them to wait inside with her. She was good to go when she awakens.

“At least it wasn’t something else you know.” Jimin started. Jimin stood at end of Mihi’s bed, staring at her. “She looked really out of it today.”

Hoseok agreed. “I told her but she didn’t listen. Well it’s too late now, I’m just glad you were there when she fell.”

“I’m glad that I was there too.”

Hoseok walked closer to Mihi and brought a chair closer to the bed and sat down.

Jimin did the same.

They both sat in silence, just staring at Mihi and wondering when she’ll wake up.

Jimin leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. Soon enough, he fell asleep in his chair too.

Hoseok noticed a little while later, since his eyes was still fixed on Mihi.

Even asleep, she looked so cute. His eyes travelled to her forehead, down her nose bridge and onto her pretty lips. Hoseok shook his head and focused on her face. Mihi worked really hard every single day. He admired the way she never settled for less when it came to work. She was always on time and when she was tired, she barely let it show. Sometimes she was frustrated and would stomp on the ground when no one was watching (besides himself) and Hoseok found it hilarious. She was never kind enough to him but she wasn’t really mean to him either. He sighed.

He was suddenly feeling sleepy himself. His brown eyes leaped to her hand and he stared openly at it. Without thinking much, he laced his fingers with hers and rested them on her lap.

If she were awake, she would be really mad at him. He knew she didn’t like touching when it came to him ever since he laid his lips on her the first day she met.

“Just one day…” He murmured as his eyes betrayed him. He felt his head drop on the soft hospital bed and drifted into a long sleep.


Jimin woke up hours later with a jolt.

“Damn, did I fall asleep?” He scratched the back of head and yawned, stretching his toned arms across his short torso. Through sleepy eyes, he noticed that Hoseok had his head planted on Mihi’s bed. When Jimin took a closer look, he noticed a line of drool escaping his mouth. Jimin snickered out loud and that’s when he noticed where Hoseok’s hand was.

Hoseok made it pretty obvious, Jimin thought. Every time Jimin asked him about Mihi, Hoseok would deny everything that had to do with feelings with her.

But Jimin knew better.

Jimin smirked. “I guess I’ll let the couple sleep then.” He whispered, and got up swiftly. He looked at the two again before deciding to leave the room. They’ll be thirsty when they wake up.


Hoseok had a very vivid dream about Mihi. She was tied to a tree with ropes and there were bandits surrounding her. Hoseok was on his steed and he galloped towards her waving a katana in the air.

“Take that!!!” He yelled as he slayed the bandits down.

Mihi was in a pretty princess gown and her face was glowing when he cut the last bandit down.

“Are you okay, Miss?” Hoseok slid off his horse and walked over to her to cut the strings that binded her to the tree.

“Hoseok…” She replied, teary eyed. She rubbed her wrists shyly. “If it weren’t for you. I’d be dead.” Mihi shivered and hugged herself.

Hosoek bowed. “No problem. I hope—“ Before he could finish his sentence, Mihi tackled him to the ground and had him pinned down.

She ran her fingers slowly down his chest, causing him to blush. Before he knew it, she was trying to his shirt.

His face burned embarrassed.

So this is what it’s like to be a hero.


Hosoek’s dream was sadly interrupted when he felt his fingers move. He never was a deep sleeper. When he woke up, he immediately hugged the girl in his dream. He couldn’t help himself. He was so damn worried about her.

“Get off of me.” She muffled into his shoulder. Her voice didn’t sound too threatening, mostly annoyed.

Hoseok couldn’t help but smile. She was warm, alive, and well. That’s how it should be. If she needed someone to protect her, he wanted to be that guy. Reluctantly, he let go. After he explained what happened, he had the urge to hug her again. He was glad that she didn’t shove him off like she did the first time they met. Maybe she was opening up a little to him? If she was, he felt excited.

Jimin entered the room a little later and gave them drinks and Mihi thanked him shyly.

Hosoek sighed. As usual, she was treating Jimin kindly. He was honestly jealous of Jimin. Jimin didn’t meet her in an odd way and she didn’t hate Jimin’s guts.

The three decided to finally leave the hospital with Jimin and his help. He held onto her arm like she was a fragile vase even though she was far from fragile.

While they were in the car, Hoseok insisted that they walked her up the steps.

She thought otherwise but with the help of Jimin’s concern and smooth words, she finally told them it was okay.

He looked around. It was a pretty nice building.

Hoseok shook his head when Mihi asked about calling her roommate. “Nope. Didn’t find the need to since the nurse said you’ll be fine.” Hoseok rang the doorbell. What type of roommate did Mihi have? He wondered.

What if she’s just as pretty as Mihi? Hoseok got a little anxious.

That’s when Mihi revealed that her roommate was a guy.

“He?!” Hoseok looked at the man who revealed himself at the door.  

He was a short guy handsome guy with brown hair and pale skin. He definitely wasn’t the type of ‘pretty’ Hoseok was referring to.

“What the hell happened?” He shouted at them and pulled Mihi towards his chest.

Hoseok stared at the two. When Mihi said “roommate” did she really mean, “boyfriend”? Hoseok gulped at the scene unfolding in front of him. It was highly possible. They seemed really close by the way he was getting angry.

Hoseok was blanking out to the point that he didn’t notice that Mihi’s roommate and Jimin were about to fight.

“Come on guys. Mihi needs to rest.” He piped in nervously. He looked at Mihi so she could help out.

When she did, he felt relieved. Mihi was defending Jimin and him. That must mean something right? That she was softening up to him?

Unfortunately, her roommate was still furious at them and slammed the door in their face.

Jimin glared at the door and immediately left. Hoseok followed after him. He could understand why Jimin would be mad and was surprised by the fact that he was willing to go against someone as angry as Mihi’s roommate.  

“I feel weird leaving her with him.” Hoseok said.

“Why does she live with such an ?” Jimin growled under his breath. Jimin searched for his keys in his back pocket and clicked the button for them to get in.

Hoseok never seen Jimin so steamed before. They both hopped into Jimin’s car and Jimin quickly got on the road towards Hoseok’s home.

“I don’t know.” Hoseok finally answered. He didn’t want to call Mihi’s roommate any names, since he barely knew him but her roommate should have gave them a chance to explain. Why did he jump to conclusions?

Jimin’s brows were still pulled together.

“Do you think they’re together?” Hoseok let his burning question out but afraid what Jimin would say. They couldn’t be together though…Hoseok nailed it when he guessed that he stole Mihi’s first kiss. That’s what he believed since she didn’t deny it or confirm it. Unless they were the type of innocent couple that never kissed, which he hardly believed.

Jimin’s face relaxed a bit. “I hope not.” Jimin bit his lip as he turned the corner. Hoseok’s house wasn’t that far from Mihi.

“I’m not going to get into it with her. It’s her business if she wants an for a boyfriend.” Jimin replied casually. “As long as there’s no real abuse, I wouldn’t in and so should you.” Jimin parked his car in front of Hoseok’s house.

“You’re right.” Hoseok nodded and thanked Jimin for the ride.

Hoseok gravely hoped as well.


The next morning, Hoseok was a little cautious around Mihi. She arrived early and she appeared fine as her usual self. She probably took his advice and slept when she got home. Nothing beats reenergizing their body. A lot of the coworkers walked up to her to ask if she was alright and she replied politely as she always did.  

Hoseok wanted to her ask her one thing and it didn’t have to do with her health. He knew he was bad for thinking about this when she just got back but the thoughts drove him crazy.

He wanted to ask her so badly. Are you dating that guy?

The real concern from him was whether she was okay living with her roommate and if she was happy. He wanted to know if she was taken. It was all for the wrong reasons, and he knew he was being selfish asking her that.

But she was fine so what else could he possibly think about?

They lived together alone. A man and a woman. They have a lot of time to get close together and anything could happen. Hoseok gulped. Not only that, they were both good looking people. Many scenarios went through his head as he was thinking. All of them causing him to blush madly.

“I don’t even like her like that so why am I concerned?” Hoseok talked to himself while wiping a table.

“You okay dude?” Dylan, the foreigner asked him. “Heard you talking to yourself so…”

Hoseok gave him a thumbs up. “All good, brother.” He said in English.

Dylan shrugged and left.

Hoseok sighed. His reputation really couldn’t get any worse.

Mihi passed by him and wrote something down on her notepad. She was observing a few tables and jotted down notes, like always.

Now was his chance. He had a fear of chickening out quickly so he quickly greeted her before thinking things through.

“Hey, Mihi.” He walked casually over to her.

“I already said I was eating with you guys today.” Mihi replied, not once looking up.

Hoseok smiled inwardly. He was pumped for that. Mihi eating lunch with him and Jimin was a dream come true.

“Not that…but I’m happy you’re joining the dark side.” Hoseok raised his brows.

“Pft.” Mihi almost smiled.

Hoseok grinned and then his face turned somewhat serious. “I want to talk about what happened yesterday.”

Mihi frowned. “Yes? What?” She looked up from her paper and crossed her arms.

Hoseok grew nervous but continued. “That guy you’re living with…what type of relationship do you have with him?”

Mihi stared at him and suddenly relaxed. “Oh, I thought you were going to ask me something else.” She gestured her head to the staff room and Hoseok followed. Was this real? Mihi was a bit softer on him today.

Mihi immediately plopped on the couch. Hoseok knew she was probably tired today and he applauded her for coming into work. “So you want to know my relationship with that guy?” She raised her eye brow at him.

Hoseok didn’t understand why she had to lead him here to tell him that but he didn’t complain about the privacy. Plus, she was letting her guard down a lot. It was a new feeling to him.

Hoseok grabbed a stool and sat on it. “Yes. Just curious is all.” Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. He wondered how much Mihi would tell him.

“What do you think my relationship is with him? His name is Yoongi by the way.”

Hoseok paused. “I’m hoping you’re both somehow related and that’s why you’re living with him.” It was a wild guess that didn’t seem true. They barely had any similar features but what else could he say. Your boyfriend?

“Why do you hope for that?” Mihi leaned her chin against the palm of her hand. She looked at him curiously. “So if he’s not a relative? What would you say to me?”

Hoseok stared at her, for once lost for words. It felt like she was onto him and testing for his response. Finally he said, “I wouldn’t say anything. If he’s not a relative, that’s great for you. I’m glad you found someone you love.” Hoseok laughed nervously. Which was a big lie. His eyes shifted from one eye corner to the other. He wasn’t ready for the answer, whatever it was.

Mihi paused and leaned back into the couch, studying him. He felt his cheeks warm. That’s not fair. Don’t stare at me like that…

After the long pause, Mihi finally leaned in closer.

 “Well he’s not a relative of mine.” Mihi finally said.

“I see.” Hoseok’s heart sank a bit. It’s not like I liked her anyways, right? Right? Damn it. He had to stop denying himself.

“He’s a friend from high school. We live together. That’s all I’m saying. I have to repay you for advising me to take care of myself. I’m…sorry for not listening.” Mihi got up and dusted her skirt.

Hoseok muscles relaxed. He didn’t realize that he was this tense.

 “Then you’re not…dating?”

“I would never date him. We’re too alike.” Mihi almost laughed. “He’s a good person at heart and I love him like a brother but I can’t stand him sometimes.”

“I see.” A small smile appeared on his face. He was pleased with the information.

Well, he was more than pleased.

Mihi noticed his smile and placed a hand on her hip. “Relieved?~” She asked in a teasing tone like she was reading his mind the entire time.

Something about her voice was cheerfully cute. He wanted to cry.

Hoseok got up and tried to play it off. “What? Nah. I was just curious, like I said. Well let’s get back to work!” He said cheerfully.

He could feel Mihi’s stare as he left the room in joy.


A couple days later Hoseok brought his lunch outside to eat like how he did every day. He waited for Jimin and Mihi to come out before he started. The first day Mihi came out to eat with them was nothing but awkwardness. They finally grew warmer on the second day and by the third day, they were making jokes like they’ve been friends forever.

Hoseok noticed that Mihi didn’t hold back on Jimin on the jokes. She started to insult Jimin as much as she insulted himself but Jimin would just laugh and hold it together. Sometimes, Hoseok and Mihi would team up and pick on Jimin to see what he would do.

His reaction was hilarious every time.

What Hoseok enjoyed was that she was on better terms with him. Ever since the fainting incident, she had been a bit kinder on him and she depended on him a few times. He felt needed when he was alienated by her before.

All he needed was to show her how much he cared and that was enough for her to let loose around him. He wasn’t completely off the hook, she was still bossy and sassy at every chance she could get with him.

But it was something mutual. He didn’t let her off and she didn’t either. 

Jimin was the second person to come by with food. Jimin unpacked a rice bowl filled with steamed vegetables and beef. Jimin always brought very good meals and Hoseok always wondered if he cooked them.

“Wow nice meal as usual.” Hoseok replied to Jimin’s food as the janitor grinned cheekily.

“Thanks.” Jimin grinned and took out his chopsticks, breaking them apart easily with his fingers.

“So do you make this yourself? Girlfriend? Mom do it for you?” Hoseok asked, glancing at his own food which consisted of rice and scrambled eggs, and vegetables. Hoseok didn’t go too extravagant on his lunch. He had to make Jungkook lunch every morning too and that was a handful.

“Nope. My roommate does.” Jimin wanted to bite into his food but noticed that Mihi was still missing.

“Oh you have a roommate too?” J-Hope asked surprised.

This information was new.

“Yeah…I don’t talk about him much. He’s a friend I met at the gym. He was trying to gain muscles and so I helped him out. Then he started talking about food. He told me that he was looking for a new apartment since he was considering moving out from his parents. This hyung.” Jimin started laughing. “He’s a different type of hyung I would expect. He turned out to be pretty decent at cooking.” Jimin poked his food with his chopstick. “So why not? I let him live with me as long as he helped pay and cooked for the both of us.”

“Wow.” Hoseok’s eyes went large. “That’s a pretty good deal I would say.” Hoseok would love to have a person cook for him at his house. Jungkook was never the one to learn how to do so. He would wait desperately for Hoseok to come home and then he would request what he wanted and then eat. This kid.

“It is.” Jimin threw his head back. “So, is Mihi coming?” Jimin glanced around and she was nowhere to be found.

“No idea but she better not make us starve.” Hoseok’s stomach grumbled in reply. He was actually worried about her, why is she taking so long?

Like she read their mind, Mihi walked out the door, carrying her lunch bag and purse on the other hand.

“Sorry I’m late.” She sat down across from them at the café table. “I forgot to bring food this morning so I had to go buy some.” She opened her bag and revealed steamed buns and kebobs. “You guys don’t have to wait any longer. Now eat.” Mihi looked worried about something but Hoseok didn’t say anything.

“Finally.” Jimin grinned and was kicked under the table by Mihi’s foot.

Jimin scrunched his face in pain. “I mean, thank you for coming so soon.” Jimin bowed his head in apology and attacked his food.

Hoseok was very pleased that she was more comfortable around Jimin now.

“Mihi. You look pretty today.” Hoseok said cheerfully taking a big bite of his egg and rice.

He stared at her from the corner of his eyes as her face slightly pinked.

“Do you really think it’s the time to be saying that?” She almost shouted and chewed off a piece of her bun.

Hoseok noted that as a success.

“You don’t really look handsome at all.” Mihi said through a stuffed mouth.

“What? Can’t hear under the not lady-like behavior.” Hoseok .

“You’re so dumb.” Mihi countered, covering .

Jimin just grinned at the two and ate his food in silence.

This is how it always was. Usually it was just Jimin and him but Mihi being here, it brought a whole new color to their friendship. He liked it a lot.

Suddenly, Mihi brought up a topic he didn’t expect.

“I need to ask you two something urgent.” Mihi blushed and adverted her eyes away from the two.

Jimin and Hosoek’s eyes landed on her. What could this be?

“I know this is sudden and I feel really dumb asking this.” Mihi began. Hoseok could tell that she was hating every word she was about to say.

“I’m not like this usually. I could find a way out other than this but I feel like I have no choice for now.”

Hoseok anticipated what she was going to say.

“What is it?” Jimin asked, calmly placing a hand over hers to steady her nerves.

For the first time, Hoseok was gawking at him. When did Jimin get so touchy with Mihi?

But he couldn’t think about it too long because Mihi blurted out her question.

“Can one of you let me live at your house for a while? Yoongi is driving me insane these days. I can’t be around him any longer.” She stared at them with pleading eyes. “It won’t be long, I promise. I don’t have any female friends I could ask. Honestly, I don’t really care about the gender but I need a place to crash for a while.”

Hoseok mouth suddenly shouted, “YES!” He didn’t intend it to be that loud but it was too late to take it back. “I mean yes, you could come stay with Jungkook and I. What’s one more person?” Hoseok leaned back casually.

Jimin grinned amused at him and then turned to her. Jimin squeezed Mihi’s hand on the table and then patted it. Mihi blushed. “Yeah, Jin and I won’t mind at all.”

Mihi, looked at Jimin and Jimin only. “What? I didn’t expect you to say yes.”

“I’m here to help a friend in need. How can I say no?” Jimin replied coolly.

“Wait, I said you could use my home too. Why did react to Jimin only?” Hoseok jumped in. At the end, Hoseok was treated as second to Jimin.

“I heard you, horse.” Mihi rolled her eyes at him. “I’m just shocked is all…” She stared at Jimin for a couple seconds before turning to Hoseok.

“Thank you both. I think I will choose…”

They were all interrupted when they heard screaming from the restaurant.

“Fire!” Someone yelled. 

.:Chapter End:.

Authors Note: Sorry for the lateness...OTL. I hope the next update won't be too long. This one is a little longer than usual to make up for it @-@ And had to speed things along for their friendship. I don't want this story to be extremely long. Also hehe cliff hanger. What to do xD