Falling

Working with a Horse

.:Chapter 3: Falling:.

Mihi could not believe the Horse. She had to cover for him again. In the last five minutes, she was constantly calling him on her worker cell. Where was he? Jeez!

She couldn’t take waiting so she told the staff that he was in the bathroom and then she ran off to find him herself.

“Where is he?” She ran to the back where there was a single doorway she assumed lead outside.

From the small window, Mihi took notice of Hoseok’s familiar form. There was no hesitation in pushing the door open and yelling at him to get his back inside.

She was on a roll of course until she saw the janitor outside with Hoseok. For some reason, she became slightly uncomfortable and more attuned to what she was saying. She even found herself stuttering and her voice changing. It was odd.

When he spoke to her she just wanted to fall over and hide herself. She barely knew him at all but his gaze made her nervous. It was a perfectly normal gaze too but something about it made her insides stir with butterflies.

She found out his name: Jimin. When she introduced herself she felt shy again and she even apologized. She didn’t like the feeling at all so she called to Hoseok again and used the word "please." He finally came and she could finally breathe.

Mihi felt weird. She didn’t want Jimin to remember her as that one girl who was ‘threatening’ her coworker but why did it matter anyways? He was just some guy she barely knew.

When Hoseok came inside, he began teasing her. It was annoying. He kept asking her about Jimin and she wanted to blow up. She finally pulled him into a closet to deny her feelings for Jimin. She really didn’t have feelings for him. She just found Jimin very attractive…admittedly.

Hoseok kept pressing on and on about it that she couldn’t take it anymore. She was done. She turned to leave and but she was stopped by Hoseok’s hand on her arm. Mihi froze and didn’t shove him off. Something about his voice told her that he was genuinely sorry. She couldn’t forgive him at all. No matter what. Her mind would bring her back to the way he stole her first kiss.

“I just want us to be friends.” He told her.

Friends. She didn’t have too many of those. She had Yoongi for the most part and that was probably it. She had a couple friends in high school but they all drifted away from her after they graduated. She didn’t have much people she could go to. Maybe she should give him a chance?

She thought about it genuinely for thirty seconds.

Haha. That was a joke to herself.

She glanced back at him and his face was gloomier than a puppy wanting her last bite of her food. She inwardly sighed. Mihi didn’t want him to be this way either. It could affect both of them since they worked together. Instead of addressing the issue, she changed the subject, took him by the hand and dragged him outside the closet. By the hand? She didn’t understand herself either. Maybe it was a way for her to comfort him a bit so that he could feel a bit better and so that they could both do their best at work.

She released her hand as soon as possible as they got to the front desk. Luckily, Hoseok followed her and began working as usual. He was smiling a lot too.


The next few days had been even more frustrating. Mihi performed her job the best that she could do but there was always trouble around the corner. Customer complaints for the most part. Dealing with that was a headache. Honestly she wasn’t good at talking to the customer and making them feel good like how Hoseok did. He had this natural aura of happiness surrounding him and so the customers felt it too. When she was with a customer, the customers felt more cold and awkward around her. She even smiled and complimented but she still got the same results.

What was she doing wrong?

“So when you’re complimenting them. Are you being genuine?” Hoseok asked her, while looking over her shoulder.

“Can you back off, please?” She replied. He definitely didn’t understand personal space.

He took a step back but peered at her still. “So? Do you?”

Mihi rolled her eyes. “Yes.” She closed her book of items on the menu and placed it back on the shelf.

“Really? You know, people could tell if you’re just saying it to make conversation you know.”

“How would they know? Could they read minds or something?” Sarcasm once overtook her voice.

“No, but if you meant it sincerely, wouldn’t they look more happy to see you?” Good point but she didn’t like the way this conversation was heading.

“Hoseok, you don’t know anything. I do mean it sincerely. They just don’t like me.” She sighed. It was not a first to her if they didn’t like her.

“You know, I make more tips than you…” Hoseok began.

“Haha. Thanks for rubbing it in.”

Mihi walked towards the kitchen while Hoseok tagged along. She called out to chef. “Someone told me that the food was a bit greasy so hold off on the oils a bit.”

The chef scoffed and waved her off.

Mihi shrugged her shoulders. She was just telling him like the customers told her to do.

“By the way, you don’t really take breaks often.” Hoseok began again.

“Yeah. What it’s to you?” Mihi knew Hoseok hanged out with Jimin every lunch period. She didn’t know why but she felt annoyed by it. Every time she passed the back door, she would see them laughing and playing around with each other like they’ve been friends for years. A bit of emptiness would stir in her heart.

“Well, as a fellow employee, I’m just saying that it’s our first week. We don’t want to overwork ourselves do we? We could get sick or even worse!” Hoseok made and exaggerated expression on his face.

Idiot.

“Well sorry for you, but I like working.”

Which was a lie. She didn’t like it one bit but it kept her busy. Sometimes she thought that if she took a break, she wouldn’t get herself to work again. This was a safer decision for herself.

“I’m just saying this because I’m worried about you.” Hoseok blurted out.

She glanced back at him, startled. Hoseok’s face was beat red.

“I mean…it’s not odd to worry about your coworker right?” Hoseok said again, looking away in embarrassment.

Hoseok was that nagging mother she wished she didn’t have. He was constantly telling her things he has taken notice of. Sometimes she found it kind of creepy. He would point out very small details about herself that she didn’t know. It was weird because they were always working. How did he manage to have time to look out for her?

She didn’t know how to respond to that. “You’re right. Thanks.” She told him flatly.

After that, he started smiling like crazy. Maybe because she went soft on him or something. Either way, he always looked happy.


A few days flew by in a hurry. One morning she woke up and felt horrible. She never felt so exhausted in her life. It was no excuse though so she continued to get ready for work.

Mihi drove to work half asleep and feeling feverish. Maybe she was a bit sick but she had to go to work. She didn’t want her laziness to take over her.

“Good afternoon.” She replied to Hoseok’s greeting and yawned.

Hoseok stared at her for a long time. “Are you feeling alright? You kind of look sick.” He reached out to place a hand on her head but she backed up quickly.

“Hoseok, I told you already. I need some personal space.” She grit her teeth. He kind of looked blurry but she ignored it.

“But you look tired. You have dark circles and your skin is pale. I was just checking to see if you have a fever.” Hoseok started babbling.

She kind of lost it at dark circles.

“Wow, way to flatter a girl.” She coughed and went to set a table up.

Can he stop being a mother for once? She didn’t understand. She was sure he wasn’t paying attention to everyone else as much as he paid attention to her.

A few hours passed and her body was weakening every moment.

She started clearing a table to get it ready for the next set of customers. When she was done, she placed a couple plates around the table.  Unfortunately she was one plate short.

“Ugh.” Mihi walked passed Hoseok to the kitchen.

“Hey are you okay?” Hoseok looked at her, concerned. “You should really take a break, Mihi.”

“I’m fine, thank you.” She replied.

 Mihi strolled towards the cabinet of plates located in the far end of the kitchen. She greeted everyone and walked right past them to the plate closet. When she opened the door, she was met face to face with the janitor who was stacking the dishes up very high.

Jimin blinked at her and waved, surprised. “Hey.” He simply greeted her.

“Hey.” She replied. She felt awkward. “I’m just here to grab a plate.” She explained to him.

Jimin nodded. “I’ll grab it for you—“ Jimin reached up for one but she stopped him quickly with her hand.

“No, no. I’ll do it.” She told him. She didn’t want to seem helpless especially in front of him.

Jimin shrugged and made way for her.

She reached out and struggled to grab it. Her vision became blurry again. It didn’t seem possible without some sort of ladder.

“Here.” Jimin grabbed a small stool and placed it in front of her.

Jimin is nice.

“Thanks.” She replied and placed her foot up the ladder. She finally grabbed onto the plate but then her vision struck again. She began to see white and black and her balance on the stool didn’t last long. Mihi felt the plate slip from her hands and she couldn’t hold onto the ladder any longer. Her feet collapsed beneath her and her body fell backwards.

Before she felt the ground, Mihi felt a pair of strong arms holding her up.

“Mihi?” Jimin’s voice was held with surprise. He let her fall back into his arms and he held her bridal style and lowered her to the ground.

“Mihi?” She could hear him repeat her name.

Jimin slapped the side of her face gently, calling out her name.

She couldn’t wake up as much as she wanted to.

Everything began to fade.


When she woke up, her fingers were curled around something soft. She blinked several times and realized that the room was all white. Her body was connected to a monitor by wires. The last thing she could remember was grabbing a plate. Jimin was there.

She felt something very heavy on her lap. She peered down to see a man with light brown hair faced down and sleeping on the side of her bed. His hand was out on her lap, entwined around her fingers.

It looked like Hoseok.

He really didn’t understand personal space. Only couples would hold hands in this type of situation and they were no couple. Annoyance reached her face and she tried to slip out of his hand.

She moved around and Hoseok stirred awake.

Hoseok yawned and then he glanced at her. His lips broke out into a smile.

Oh boy.

“Mihi! You’re awake!” He yelled and jumped up from the bed. He got down to her level and gave her a big hug.

“Get off of me.” She muffled into his shoulder. Her face felt warm.

Hoseok pulled away but his hands were still on her shoulders.

“You scared the living daylights out of me.” His lips began to tremble. He looked at her sincerely and in a soft voice, “I’m so glad you’re okay.” His nose crinkled and he gave her a smile.

Mihi sighed and removed his hands off her shoulders. “Just, what happened?” Hoseok was really embarrassing her.

“You fell but if it weren’t for Jimin, you wouldn’t be here.” Hoseok grinned.

She rubbed her eyes.

“Really? Tell Jimin thank you.” The thought of Jimin helping her made her happy inside. If it wasn’t for him, maybe it would have been worse.

“Tell me what?” Jimin slid the door open at that moment. He had two drinks in his hands.

He tossed one over to Hoseok and Hoseok caught it easily. “Thanks Jiminie!”

Hoseok twisted the cap and drank it deliciously. “Ahhh~”

Mihi made a face at him. “Uh.”

“And for you, sleeping beauty.” Jimin interrupted her and tossed her a drink too.

Mihi was caught off guard but luckily she caught it.

“Did you have to toss it to me too?” Mihi asked and looked at him surprised. She had always thought they were awkward with each other…or maybe it was just her being awkward to him. She didn’t realize that he was treating her like his buddy. If that’s the case, at least it was easier to make conversation with him.

Jimin shrugged. “Probably not, but I would like us to have a causal relationship if that’s okay with you.” Jimin brought out his own drink and took a sip.

“Ah it’s fine.” Mihi replied. She didn’t mind it at all. At least they could get past all the awkward.

“So what did you want to tell me?” Jimin leaned back in his chair and raised an eye brow.

Hoseok looked at her.

“…Thank you.” The words left her lips. She didn’t look at Jimin but her drink in her hand. All eyes were on her and it was a different type of feeling.

Jimin smiled. “Just remember to listen to Hoseok next time. He said you barely took breaks. You should take some with us once in a while.”

“I think I will.” She simply said.

Hoseok looked at her intently. “Why is she always nice to Jimin?” Hoseok grumbled to himself.

“Because he’s not a horse like you.” Mihi snapped.

“But what does that even meannn?” Hoseok asked her.

Jimin just laughed at her and Hoseok. It was a nice laugh. Very cute.

She thought Jimin was just a silent cool guy but he opened up when he was around Hoseok.

She could get used to this. It made her less nervous to be around him.

“So how long am I staying here?” She asked them.

“They said you could leave when you’re awake.” Jimin replied while looking out the window.

Just then, the nurse came in to check up on her. Everything was okay and she had the permission to go home.


Mihi had help from Jimin and Hoseok. Both of them were willingly holding her so that she wouldn’t fall. Honestly, she felt fine but she didn’t say anything since Jimin was holding onto her arm.

When they finally arrived to her apartment, they both volunteered to help her walk up the stairs.

“So you guys didn’t call my roommate at at all?” Mihi asked them.

Hoseok shook his head. “Nope. Didn’t find the need to since the nurse said you’ll be fine.” Hoseok rang the doorbell.

“Ah, he’s going to be mad...” Mihi grumbled. Suga didn’t like it when she did dangerous things. He would probably scold at her once they were inside.

“He?” Both Jimin and Hoseok repeated.

Mihi nodded just as the door flew open.

“Yes, what do you—“ Yoongi began. “What the hell happened?!” Yoongi grabbed Mihi by the arm and pulled her inside against his chest. “Did you punks do something to her?”

She heard Yoongi grinding his teeth. She knew it. He would get angry.

“Calm down. She fainted at work and we—“ Jimin began to explain.

“Did I ask for a lousy explanation?” Yoongi shoved Jimin a bit with one hand.

Jimin reacted by swatting his hand and then grabbing onto Suga’s collar. Pulling him forward, he glared at Yoongi.

“You didn’t let me finish.” Jimin stared daggers at Yoongi.

Yoongi placed a hand on Jimin’s arm. “Let go.” He glared back.

Mihi stared at Jimin. She never saw him act this way before.

Hoseok started laughing nervously. “Come on guys. Mihi needs to rest.” Hoseok eyed her.

Mihi knew it was her cue to step in. “Yeah…I’m tired and we don’t have time for this.” Mihi rolled her eyes and broke the two apart with her hands.

She turned to her roommate. “Yoongi, Jimin saved me when I fainted and Hoseok and he waited at the hospital with me until I woke up.”

“Is that so?” Yoongi crossed his arms. He paused and turned to them. “Your services are no longer needed. Good bye.” He shut the door on them and locked it.

“Yoongi!” Mihi yelled at him as he stalked off to the kitchen.

“So green or lemon tea?” Yoongi started pouring hot water into a kettle. Clearly he was ignoring her.

She couldn’t believe him.

“You’re ridiculous sometimes.” She crossed her arms.

“I’m ridiculous? Bah.” He scoffed and poured the cup. “The guy with the black hair. I don’t like him.” He handed her a cup but she ignored it.

“Jimin? You don’t like him for saving my life?” Mihi followed Yoongi to the couch.

“No. I just don’t like his attitude. You should stay away from him.” Yoongi sat on the couch and Mihi followed.

Mihi didn’t say anything. She sat down next to him. She was trying her best to not go off on him.

Yoongi placed both his warm hands on the side of her cheeks.

“You seem fine…” Yoongi ran his eyes across her face several times and moving it slightly left to right.  

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you…” Mihi swatted his hand away. She was mad at him.

“And the other guy who was with Jimin was the one who ‘accidently’ kissed me.” She said to him.

“Oh him. I approve of him more than that ‘Jimin’ guy. At least he wasn’t violent or anything.”

“But you shoved Jimin first!”

Yoongi shrugged, uncaring. “Just get to rest.” He pushed the tea over to her and gestured that she should sleep in her own room.

She growled and picked up her cup. Just before she entered her room, she turned back to shake her head at her roommate.

Yoongi the television set again.

She and him were alike in many ways. Except for the fact that he still hasn’t found a job. He was commanding. Lazy. Controlling. She didn’t understand why they didn’t kill each other yet. 

.:Chapter End:.

Authors Note: Sorry it took forever for an update. I wrote like most of this a long time ago but I didn't know how to end it till like today. Still not satisfied tbh. I wanted to do more xD Also if you want faster updates, a comment or two couldn't hurt every once in a while. It helps motivates really *-* And Mihi is such a hypocrite. She didn't listen to Hoseok's explanation either ahha. Yoongi and her are very similar. ^-^ When will she soften up?! Hoseok help her pleasssee T_T As you can already tell. The chapter usually starts with a recap of the last chapter in that characters point of view and added new material to each chapter. It's actually pretty difficult if I haven't updated in a while but hopefully it flows well...