chapter 4

Till death do us part

      

 

 

Taemin was ok with dinners at the Choi's, it wasn’t the first time he watched Sulli while eating, that girl shocked him every time, she practically swallowed everything her hand could reach.

Sometimes he craved to taste the food again but angels don’t eat.

This time was a little different though, Minho was here too and Taemin did his best not to get any closer, watching him from afar.

The two siblings sat to the table while their mother served the food, talking about work and school, catching up with each other.

"…it's been a while since we had dinner like that" their mother said, smiling at them she reached her hands to caresses their cheeks.

"Oppa, good to have you back…" Sulli smiled at her brother "how is your new job?"

"It's nice…some place to settled in"

"That's good, you need something like that" his mother said "all this wandering around at USA-"

"I needed it" Minho gushed into her words

"I know sweetheart, but…deep down inside I wish you'd come back-"

"to my sense?"

"That's not what I said…"

"Please don't fight" Sulli said quietly

"We are not fighting" Minho said looking at his mother and then turned to look at his sister, forcing a smile on his face.

"Minho-ya…I'm just worried" his mother said "you haven’t been yourself since his death"

"How could I be?" his voice cracked "I miss him too much…" unshed tears sparkled in his eyes, Taemin wished he could wipe them away, Minho looked so miserable. 

"you could have talked to us, we supported you…we tried to call you so many times, you almost never answered, your Appa tried to call you too…he was offended that you didn’t visited him even once since you got back from USA"

Appa? Taemin frowned, wasn’t he…dead?!

"since when you two are talking?!" Minho asked

"we are divorced…not enemies"   

What?! Taemin got closer to the table, standing next to Minho "what is going on in here?" he asked him wishing someone could answer him.

Minho suddenly flinched and silenced.

"Oppa, what happened?" Sulli asked worriedly

"Minho-ya?" their mother asked too

Oh-o, could he feel him around? Taemin stepped back slowly away from him a little scared, sharp pain crossed his wings and he collapsed on the floor.

"Wait!" Minho called, making his sister and mother look at each other frowning. He got up from the chair and stepped slowly in the room, hands reaching to grab something, he wasn’t even sure what he was looking for, he just knew he needed to find it.

Taemin cried out in pain, curling himself into a ball on the floor, it was getting worst with time.

"Oppa…" Sulli and their mother got up as well, getting closer to him. Sulli held his wrist and pulled him back to the chair, he shook his head and tried to focus.

"what happened?"

"n-nothing" he mumbled, panting hard, he looked terrified. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I've saw him checking Sulli's file" Key told Onew

"What was he looking for?"

"I'm not sure…information about her parents"

The older frowned and looked at the angel in front of him "it doesn't make any sense, why would he care about her parents?"

"I don’t know yet" Key sigh" I think I'll have to scare him a little bit, get him to talk to me…"

Onew nod, knowing Taemin was an angel who needs to be take care in a special way because of Jonghyun's mistakes.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

"Key…" the little angel walked into the room, his voice was weak and he could barely walk.

Key jumped out of his bed "what happened?" he asked as he put his hands on his slim waist.

"I had a bad dream and – ahh!" he screamed to the pain making Key worried even more, he pulled him to the bed and held his hands in his.

'it's so hurts" the angel whimpered "make it stop!"

Key gulped "Taemin, you have to tell me what's going on, otherwise I won't be able to help you"

Taemin raised his eyes to look at him "I can't, you'll be mad at me"

"I won't. Talk to me"

The little angel looked torn, his lips parted and his voice was almost a whisper "I had a bad dream, he was in there…I saw Minho and then I woke up because of the pain"

Wrapping his wings around the boy, Key rocked him slowly, he took a deep breath before he opened his mouth to speak "we can't dream, what you see it's a vision…of your previous life, you see flashes of your dying"

Taemin froze but said nothing.

"…it’s rare but it happened sometime, when an angel meets his…"

"his what?" Taemin asked softly and raised his eyes to look at Key

"his lover" 

 


TBC