chapter 2

Till death do us part

      

 

 

 

Like every night Taemin sneaked into Minho's apartment to find it was empty,

He stayed and waited for two hours before he gave up and got back home. 

Key looked at him as he came in with a disappointed look on his face but said nothing, he didn’t needed to cause Taemin already knew what he wanted to say.

Sharp pain crossed his back and he buckled down to the floor, Key hurried on his side, panicked he held his shoulders "Taemin…what happened?"

"n-nothing…" the younger mumbled and tried to get back on his feet "I'm fine…"

But he wasn’t fine and Key saw that.

"I'm going to sleep…"

The older let go of him and watched him walking to his room. Something was wrong.

Tossing around in bed Taemin tried to find some relief for his aching wings. His mind couldn’t stop from thinking about Minho, he wanted to see him and couldn’t stop wondering where was he.

Eventually he fall asleep but woke up few minutes later with a scream.

"What happened?" Key's voice filled the room as he got closer to his bed.

Widened eyes, Taemin looked at him with fear and hugged his knees to his body "I...was having a bad dream" he said quietly, making the older one frown.

Key looked at the young angel and sat next to him, wrapping his wings around him. Angels didn’t have bad dreams, they didn’t had dreams at all, something was wrong.

"…what was it about?" he asked softly

"I can't remember…it's all a blur, does it make any sense?" Taemin asked and looked into his eyes.

Key gulped, he rest his had on the younger's top and rocked him slowly "I don’t know…" he mumbled to his ear but knew very well what was going on.

He stayed like that, holding the younger angel in his arms and rocking him slowly until he fall asleep, when he did he covered his little body and tiptoed out of the room.

Tomorrow he'll have to go and meet his messenger to help him with Taemin. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Key opened the doors and got into the big room, Onew and Jonghyun were sitting on a big cloud, talking and laughing. When they saw him they both turned to look at him.

"Key…" Onew smiled to his angel "what are you doing here? It's been a while since you came to visit me…"

"I'm sorry…" Key smiled back, he really loved his messenger but almost never had the time to come and see him.

"Hi little angel…"  Jonghyun voice made his smile disappeared and he turned to look at him with a deadly look "I told you not to call me that…" he hissed at him.

Jonghyun chuckled and winked at him "I bet you were quite a diva in your previous life…"

"Don’t you have anything better to do instead of being here?!"

Before Jonghyun had the chance to answer him Onew draw their attention.

"What can I do for you, Key?"

"It's Taemin…" he mumbled, his expression softened

"What happened…?" Onew asked worriedly

"He had…a vision last night, he thought it was a bad dream…"

"Did he said what was it about?"

"No, he said he couldn’t remember…I'm not sure if he telling the truth"

Onew sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose, that wasn’t good. That little angel was a unique case of irresponsible act. Turning to look at Jonghyun for some help, the other just shrugged and frowned "…I don’t know…"

"Of course you don’t" Key mumbled underneath his breath

"I'm sorry, did you say anything?" Jonghyun raise his voice angrily

"Yes! It's al your fault!"

"Key…" Onew tried to interfere but it’s looked like the two others didn’t notice him.

"You were the idiot who let him watch that girl, how could you be so stupid?!"

"I was new at my job!"  He defended himself "how was I supposed to know he's her brother?"

"You had the files!" 

"Ok! Ok!"" Onew called making them shut their mouths "look, what done is done, we knew this day would come. When Minho came back from USA we just knew it’s a matter of time, now we have to deal with it…"

Key tried to keep calm and said "Minho doesn’t have any guardian angel, why is that? It would have keep Taemin away from him"

"He's been seeing Minho?!" Onew asked surprised

Caught by his little secrets Key nod and lowered his gaze from his messenger.

"He's been sneaking out every night to his apartment and watch him in his sleep"   

Onew took a deep breath, they were in big troubles "well, someone made a mistake…we need to fix it"

Key's eyes bulged, he turned to look at Jonghyun "you did that mistake too, didn’t you?" he hissed.

Jonghyun shifted uncomfortably in he sit "I…"

"Key…" Onew talked to the younger angel who looked like he's about to burst

"I can't believe it! How could you let this idiot take care of it and then throw it on me?!"

"try to keep Taemin away from him until I'll find a way to fix things…he can't reveal himself to that man..."

"I don’t know how to stop him" Key admitted

"Try anything you can"

"I saw him flinching with pain last night"

Onew turned to look at Jonghyun, they shared worried look.

"His wings…" Jonghyun said quietly as he turned to look at Key.  

 


TBC