chapter 3

Till death do us part

    

 

 

 

 

 

Minho opened his eyes, it was the third time he dreamed about him this week. His lifeless body in the hospital bed kept flashing in front of his eyes.

He won't be sleeping tonight as well.

Sitting in bed his eyes looked at the shadows on the ceiling, they were so beautiful and calming. He sigh and left the room, he needed a drink.

Minho took a bottle of wine and poured into a glass, sipping slowly and hoping that the alcohol would make him sleepy again.

His mind was in deep thoughts, his heart was aching, god…make this pain disappeared already. He should have never come back to Korea, if he wouldn’t his death wouldn’t hunt his heart. But he knew he was lying to himself, there was no single day he didn’t thought about his death.  

Frowning Minho looked at the ceiling and saw glowing shadows, it wasn’t making any sense.  He went to the switch and the lights, the glass fall from his hand and shattered into pieces when the shadows shifted into a dark corner in his apartment.

"what the-" he hissed, ignoring the broken glass he followed the shadows. It was gone.

Heart pounding in his ears he looked around him, what was he looking for anyway?

"Hello?" he called and then shook his head realizing how stupid he was acting. 

 

 

"I'm here…" Taemin whispered and got closer to Minho "can you see me?"

He was shocked when the older man stared at him in the dark, was he able to see him?

And then he the lights, scaring him, Taemin ran looking for some darkness. He liked the darkness he felt safe in there. But when he had no place to hide he got closer-curios, looking at confused Minho.

Taemin yelped when Minho raised his hand in the air, moving it slowly looking into some invisible spot.

"hello…? " Minho's voice got smaller. 

Taemin got closer and put his cheek on his hand, his palm softly, it was warm, he could feel that but suddenly Minho screamed and fall back making him take two steps backward.

"w-who…who is it?" Minho was terrified

"I'm sorry…I'm sorry…" the angel mumbled trying to calm him, could Minho feel his touch?

"Is there some…something in here?"

"Can you hear me?" Taemin asked once again watching him getting up from the floor. 

"I'm losing my mind…" Minho mumbled as he went to the door

"no…don’t go…" the angel called

grabbing his keys Minho went out of the apartment. 

  

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Cry of pain echoed in the house and Key hurried into Taemin's room.

"Taemin…" he called when he saw the young angel on the floor curled into a ball "what happened?"  He kneeled in front of him and tried to help him get up.

"m-my…my wings…" the angel said through gritted teeth, the pain was stronger than last time and he didn’t knew what to do, there was no use hiding it from Key anymore.

"What have you done?" Key asked with shaking voice, worried for the little boy.

"Nothing…"

Putting the angel on the bed Key looked into his eyes "Taemin, what have you done…? Tell me!"

But the angel closed his eyes and tried to muffle another cry. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

 

"I'm being crazy, am I?" Minho asked his little sister who was staring at him like he was an alien.

"Are you sure it wasn’t a dream?"

"No, something touched me…"

Sulli pouted and looked around, can't think of a logical explanation to what her brother told her.

"He touched me" Taemin said knowing that no one would hear him anyway.

They were sitting on a bench in the park, the young angel was afraid to get closer to Minho, he wasn’t sure if he could feel his presence like last night, so he stayed next to Sulli, just in case.

"Sorry, I had to tell someone, to get it off my chest" he got up and kissed his sister's top "go home, I'll come to dinner tomorrow"

"Mom would love that…"

She watched him going and sigh, wishing she could do anything for him, her older brother probably losing his mind, missing him.

 


TBC