chapter 5

Till death do us part

 

 

"Lover?" Taemin's eyes bulged and he got free from Key's grip, looking at him confused "Minho…?"

Key nod.

"He was my lover?"

"Yes. It was a mistake…you weren't supposed to meet him, you got Sulli by accident. You see, angels don’t get to watch people they knew in their previous life but you did, you got Sulli, you don't remember her because you meet her only few times before you died while her brother was your lover and when you saw him it triggered you and then you started to 'dream'. The pain you're having in your wings is the symptom…"

"What will happen to me?" Taemin asked with shaking voice

"as much as you spend time around him the pain will grow…and if he'll notice your presence it would be even worst" Big scared eyes looked at Key and the older realized it was too late "don’t tell me he…"

"He noticed something but I don’t think he can hear me or see me"

"Taemin, please stop walking around him, it's too dangers" Key begged him

"My heart…he's beating since I saw him"

"It's not real…your heart is dead. You could lose your wings if you won't stop…"

Taemin gulped and asked the one question he never had the guts to ask" and what will happen if I will?" 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 Minho looked at the little boy in the bed, tears escaped from his eyes and he wiped them. His young lover was dying and he could do nothing about it , just wait for his pain to over so he could finally get some rest to his soul.

He got closer and sat next to his bed just like he did for the last the last two weeks when they found out that his little heart is not functioning anymore.

gently the blue marks on his pierced arm he mumbled his name.

Taemin opened his eyes and smiled tiredly at him "Minho…" he said with a weak voice, his foggy with pain killer's brain could still remember the name of his lover.

"Minnie…" Minho said trying his best to smile and look cheerful "how are you?" he asked as his fingers brushed on the boy's cheek.

"Tired...they gave another shot for the pain"

"Are you hungry?"

"No…"

His lover stopped eating a while ago but it never stopped him from asking.

"Do you need anything?"

Smiling Taemin nod "A hug, can you hug me?"

Minho's throat was hurts from tears he held back, he got up from the chair and got into the small hospital's bed, cuddling the younger boy in his arms.

"I'm dying, am I?" Taemin asked his lover "the doctors giving me pain killers for a while now…instead of other medications"  

Minho didn’t answered, his shaking body answered for him. He was crying, Taemin could feel the wetness of his tears on his forehead when Minho kissed him.

"Don’t worry…" he mumbled to his older lover "please don’t cry"

But to those words Minho cried even louder "I love you Tae"

"Me too…"

He couldn’t let go of Taemin even when he fall asleep, too drugged to stay awake and when the machine next to the bed started to beep in steady tone Minho held him even tighter.

"NO…No…not yet…god, please don’t…"

Two nurses ran into the room and ripped him from his love while the doctor tried to save his life. There was no used in that and Minho knew that.

Screamers echoed around the room, being held away from the boy Minho was on the floor sobbing, before everything went black and he passed out.

 

 Minho's screams echoed in the room. He opened his eyes, his heart pounding in his ears loudly and he was panting hard, beads of cold sweat dripped on his half body making the sheets stuck to his skin. It was a dream, just a dream.

Taemin looked at him in the dark, aching to hug the man who screamed his name so hopelessly. He got closer to the bed slowly.

"Tae…" Minho whispered as he sat and buried his face in his hands, sobbing.

"I'm here…" Taemin said softly and reached his hand, craving to touch him. He felt pain in his eyes and blinked, guessing it's one of the symptoms just like the pain in his wings but when tears left his eyes his aura sparkled.

Minho's head snapped, his eyes widened, his whole body stiffened as he saw the bright light in the middle of his bed "Taemin?" Minho asked with terrified voice.

Shocked, Taemin looked at him "Minho…" he whispered "can you see me?"

Tears poured down Minho's cheeks as he reached a shaking hand through Taemin's aura, seeing the boy clearly "am I dreaming?"

The little angel shook his head and when Minho's hand touched his cheek he snuggled against it. Warm tears touched Minho's palm, he couldn’t believe his eyes.

Suddenly everything flashed in front of Taemin's eyes, his previous life in speed motion like a movie. His little body was twitching and his aura got brighter. 

"Tae!" Minho called and got closer to the sparkling aura, panic in his eyes "please, don’t go…" 

Taemin struggled to closed his eyes but couldn't, he didn’t wanted to see his previous life, it was too much, more that he could take. The pain in his wings got stronger and stronger and he didn’t knew how long he could bear it.

"Minnie…" Minho called desperately.

"Make it stop…" the little angel cried "please…I don’t wanna see it, I don’t wanna feel the pain…"

Feeling his past waking into life, Minho reached his hand and grabbed Taemin into his embraces, holding tightly. He felt the angel twitching in his hands but didn’t let go, not this time. Blood dripped from Taemin's wings, he shut his eyes, screaming with pain and his fingers dug into Minho's arms, marking his skin.

The older kept holding him like that, rocking, whispering calmly words, his wet cheeks, wishing he could take his pain away just like he wished before he died.

The pain eased eventually and the little angel opened his eyes to see his lover's panicked look, he reached weak hand to caress his cheek softly, trying to smile "Minho…"

Minho's gory hand held his as he tapped a shaking kiss on his palm. Blood? Minho's blood? Was he hurt?  

"Minnie…" the older whispered and lowered his head, tapping his lips on Taemin's.

Taemin could feel saltiness of tears when a warm tongue brushed against his. He could taste Minho, it was the best feeling he could ever feel.

Soft lips his gently, warm hands locked him in his grip, he was safe but he felt cold, so cold…he was fading, slipping through Minho's fingers.

NO. No. please…no. his mind screamed, he didn’t wanted to disappear. 

 

 


TBC