chapter 6

Till death do us part

 

 

Taemin was standing next to his archangel, holding his hand, head down. Up here in heaven he couldn’t cry even though he wanted, his tears were gone.   

Key shook his hand to draw his attention when the messenger talked to him with a soft voice. They were two and Taemin knew it won't be good.

"Taemin…"

The angel raised his gaze to the messenger but didn’t spoke.

"I'm onew, Key's messenger.  And this is Jonghyun" he introduce the other. Taemin heard their names before, but never saw them.

"Do you know why you here?"

The boy nod.

"Come closer…"

Glancing at Key for approval the older smiled at him and let go of his hand.

He got closer and looked at Onew.

"What you did out of curiosity was wrong…do you know what the punishment for that?"

"My wings?" he said with a small voice and Onew nod.

"However…it wasn’t entirely your fault" the little angel was confused but remained silent "three years ago there was a failure…" he said looking at Jonghyun who looked a little uncomfortable with himself "…you weren’t supposed to meet Minho and because of that we decided that you won't be full punished, you'll be deported from heaven for not being true to your archangel and your chores as a guardian"

"sir, please-" Taemin begged, terrified look on his face but Onew raised his hand to shush him.

"- you'll be back to heaven"

"I will?" the boy asked frowning

"Yes, you'll be back and get your wings back when Minho will die and get through heaven's gates"

 

Two years later:

 

Taemin opened his eyes to see the familiar golden gates of heaven. He didn’t knew how he got there, for the last two years he was wandering around like a ghost, lingering between two worlds.

But now standing at the gates suddenly he thought about the one thing that could happen- he's coming back.

But that was making no sense, it's too early, it has been only two years since he got deported.

The gates opened and Taemin walked into a cloudy room, at the far end he could see his archangel and big smile crossed his face "Key!" he called and the angel opened his arms to catch him while he ran toward him.

"Key…" he mumbled in the older's arms as tears sprang to his eyes.

"Welcome back, Taemin…"

 The younger let go of him and looked at him "can I come back?"

The archangel nod smiling.

"But…that’s mean…he's dead" he said quietly.

Light surrounded him as he felt his body being pulled up "Key…?"  He called worriedly but the older just looked at him smiling.

Pain crossed his back just like it did years ago and the boy hugged his body crying out, tears slipped from his shut eyes and he panted. Two big wings ripped his flesh and spread proudly. 

Warm hand held his cheek calmly and he opened his eyes to see the most beautiful sight he could ever see.

"Minho…?" he whispered and reached his hand to touch the angel in front of him "is that…real?"

Minho nod and pulled him to his arms, wrapping his wings around their bodies isolated them from the world, It was only two of them now, together again.

He lowered his head to catch his lips to his mouth, kissing him softly, savoring his taste. Taemin arched his arms around his neck pull him closer.

"I love you Tae…" Minho mumbled to his lips

"I missed you so much" Taemin said, feeling his feet touching the ground again.

"He's yours, you'll guide him through all"

Minho folded his wings and Taemin turned to look toward the familiar voice, Onew was standing not far away from him, Key and Jonghyun both on his sides.

"How…?" the young boy asked ripping his gaze from his love.

"Let's say that Jonghyun did a mistake again…" Onew said and looked at Jonghyun who was scratching his nape with apologetic smile "I couldn’t bear it anymore, did you saw how sad he looked?"

"It doesn't matter anymore my love" Minho said "we're finally together again and that all that matters"