Chapter Nine: You Have Ink. On Your Face. Did You Know?

The Popular Games

"Hey guys!"

Jinhong, Jamie, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Gikwang, and Yoseob all stopped their chattering to stare at the boy running at lightning speed towards them, shaking their heads at his ridiculousness as he bumped into several people, chairs, and tables along the way. Yoon Doojoon was late to lunch as usual.

"Hey, YooDoo. Late again?" Jinhong said with a smirk as Doojoon sat down.

Doojoon ignored her, hurriedly pulling out his packed lunch from his backpack and beginning to scarf it down.

The table stared at him, looks of confusion and disgust on their faces.

"In a hurry, YooDoo?" Junhyung deadpanned.

Doojoon gave him a glare, but since his mouth was filled with his lunch, he looked much less intimidating, and much more stupid.

"Afneewy, I'm flying owt fo dwa cuhrigrafy crub ah runch tewday!"

The table stared at him once again, all raising an eyebrow in unison.

"Excuse me?"

"What. Was. That."

"Don't talk with your mouth full, oppa!"

"That's disgusting, hyung."

"DOOJOON, SWALLOW. YOUR. FOOD. AND THEN YOU CAN TALK." Jinhong yelled, glowering at her gross best friend. Doojoon rolled his eyes, but complied, gulping down his food.

Which was a terrible idea, since he suddenly started choking.

"You are a hopeless case." Jinhong said with a sigh, handing him a water bottle.

"That's mine!" Gikwang exclaimed as Doojoon began to drink. Jinhong, in response, glared at him.

"Do you want this idiot to die?"

Gikwang pouted. "But I was thirsty…"

Yoseob patted him on the shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay." He said soothingly.

"Thanks--HEY! WAIT! I'M STILL MAD AT YOU FOR STEALING THE GIRLS AWAY!"

Yoseob simply shrugged and smiled.

Doojoon, in the meanwhile, had stopped his choking and was breathing heavily. "I ALMOST DIED!"

"Just shut up and get on with your story, YooDoo," Junhyung snapped. "Why in the hell were you in such a hurry?"

Doojoon glared at him. "For your information, I just had a near death experience, and my life kind of just flashed before my eyes so--"

"Yoon Doojoon, I swear. If you don't tell us what's wrong right now, I will choke you again." Jinhong snapped.

"Okay! OKAY!" Doojoon sighed, only to smile brightly at the group. "I'm trying out for the calligraphy club today! They're going on right now, actually, so…" He trailed off, hurriedly zipping up his backpack and standing up. "BYE!"

And as quickly as he came, Doojoon left, leaving the table bewildered.

"…I don't understand him." Gikwang murmured to the group.

"No one does." Jamie replied, reaching over and patting his hand.

Jinhong sighed. Then, seemingly noticing something off, she started looking around.

"Guys…" she said slowly, "where's Hyunseung?"

- - - - -

Doojoon was nervously twiddling his thumbs at the door of the Calligraphy club's room. There was the sound of happy chattering coming from behind the door, which somehow made Doojoon even more nervous than he should be. But, seeing as he was Doojoon, he pushed his nervousness aside and boldly pushed the door open.

The entire club paused what they were doing to look at him, but Doojoon's eyes only saw one person.

"HYUNSEUNG?!"

"Oh, hi YooDoo!" Hyunseung replied brightly, his calligraphy pen pausing and lifting from the paper. "Did you eat your lunch? I haven't yet. I'm a little hungry--"

"HYUNSEUNG, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Hey! New boy! Don't say that to our best club member!" A boy from the calligraphy club said jokingly. Doojoon turned his wide-eyed stare towards him.

"B-best club member…?"

"Yeah!" The boy answered. "Hyunseung over here is the calligraphy club's pride and joy! No one really knows he's in the club though, since he rarely attends the meetings. But when he does, he astounds us all with his skill!"

Hyunseung shrugged, going back to his calligraphy-ing, drawing intricate letters on the paper. "I always forget when the meetings are. So, I don't go."

Doojoon was dumbfounded.

"Er, well…" the boy trailed off. "New boy!" He resumed his smiling at Doojoon. "You're here to try out for the club, right? Well, we have to test your skills first! You have to write this note," here the boy pulled out a paper from his back-pocket, "using your best calligraphy skills. Afterwards, one of us will judge you!"

"Oh… okay…" Doojoon was still having trouble processing the information, distracted by the revelation of Hyunseung being in a club. How did he not know about this? He was Yoon Doojoon for heaven's sake! He must know all!

"Everyone's busy with other prospects, though," the unnamed boy continued. "Well," he said with a shrug, "I guess Hyunseung over here will just have to judge you!"

Doojoon's confused and honestly rather derpy-looking face transformed immediately, and he sat down beside Hyunseung with a big, excited grin on his face.

Hyunseung was still absorbed in his work, not even bothering to look up to even acknowledge Doojoon. Doojoon started nudging him on his side, and got a glare in response.

"Dude!" Doojoon hissed. "You're judging me! You can help me out!"

Hyunseung smiled over at his friend. "Sure, I'll help you out. Work on your note, while I finish this commission."

"Alright!"

With a new energy, Doojoon got to work, picking up the calligraphy pen given to him and starting to write. Hyunseung got back to his own work as well, and all was quiet but amiable between the two until someone came up to their table and disturbed the peace.

"Hey, Hyunseung, you got that commission for the Student Council done yet?"

Doojoon's pen paused. 'Commission for Student Council? And doesn't that voice sound like… OH MY GOD IT'S --'

"It's almost done, Taecyeon-sshi!"

Doojoon's head shot up, and he locked eyes with the one and only Student Council vice president, Ok Taecyeon. Flanking him were two other members of the Student Council, Nam Jihyun and Jeon Jiyoon.

Taecyon averted his eyes toward Hyunseung, smiling down at him. "No worries, Hyunseung. It was a rush-commission anyways. Your calligraphy's by far the best. I don't know why more people don't commission you."

"… I didn't know I was open for commissions before you."

The members of the student council started to laugh. "You're pretty cool, Jang Hyunseung." Taecyeon chuckled.

Doojoon watched the scene, completely floored. He felt like a total outsider, just watching as three members of the 'It Crowd' and Jang Hyunseung talked to each other as if they were good friends, all four of them in their own little world.

It.

Was.

WEIRD.

'I NEED to get into this calligraphy club. Now.'

"Thanks Hyunseung!" Jihyun said cheerfully, picking up Hyunseung's finished work. "Ah, I'll put your name on it. 'Jang Hyunseung' right?"

"Yeah, it's 'Jang Hyunseung'." Jiyoon answered, and after writing Hyunseung's name on the paper, the three StuCo members were off.

"Thanks buddy!" Taecyeon said before they left.

Doojoon stared, wide-eyed yet again, at the door, and then whipped his head towards Hyunseung, who was absent-mindedly doodling flowers as he hummed a song.

"DUDE!"

Hyunseung looked up, startled.

"YOU HAVE THREE VOTES FROM THE 'IT CROWD'! WHY DIDN'T  YOU TELL US YOU KNEW THEM?! YOU'RE TIED WITH YOSEOBIE FOR FIRST PLACE!"

Hyunseung blinked. "Oh! Right…I forgot."

Doojoon facepalmed.

He needed to get into this club now.

"YooDoo, you're getting ink on your face."

"OH CRAP!"

He had forgotten he was still holding the pen.

- - - - -

"…Okay… DONE!" Doojoon finished, holding his pen up in triumph. Hyunseung shook his head and sighed, simply taking the pen away from Doojoon's hand and handing him a handkerchief.

"You have ink. On your face. Did you know?"

Doojoon flushed and hurriedly wiped his face (hopefully) clear of any ink stains.

"Judge my work already, Hyunseung!" Doojoon said after he put the handkerchief down, nudging and winking at Hyunseung, who simply stared at him. "Come on! Be a good friend and help another friend out! Maybe we can win the bet together!" Doojoon was completely confident. His work looked amazing and the fact that Hyunseung was his judge would make his entry into the calligraphy club a done deal.

"You still have ink on your face, YooDoo. It's even worse now, actually."

"…W-W-WHATEVER! JUST JUDGE ME ALREADY, HYUNSEUNG!"

- - - - -



"…Doojoon oppa? Are you…alright?"

"Use your eyes, James. He looks like someone beat him up with a bowling ball."

"He looks fine to me! I don't see any bruises! Are you lying to me?!"

"It's metaphorical, Gikwang hyung."

Doojoon lifted his head off of the lunch table slowly. Jinhong, Jamie, Gikwang, and Dongwoon were all looking down at him, an array of looks on their faces. Jamie and Dongwoon looked worried, Gikwang was confused, and Jinhong was staring at him with a look that seemed to say 'you better get off of my seat or I'm hitting you'.

"YooDoo, you better get off of my seat or I'm hitting you."

"Jinny!"

Jinhong just shrugged, giving Doojoon a look. "YooDoo…"

"I'm going, I'm going…" Doojoon mumbled hoarsely, a depressing aura emitting from his body as he moved from Jinhong's chair to his own, resuming his head-banging on the table as soon as his rear came into contact with the chair.

The rest of the table took their seats, and then resumed staring at Doojoon.

"Seriously, YooDoo, are you alright?" Jinhong started. Doojoon paused his head-banging to stare coldly at her.

"Do I look alright, Moon Jinhong?"

"He's stingy today…" Gikwang murmured in Jamie's ear. He was sitting in Junhyung's seat for the time being, since it was lonely having no one beside him. Yoseob and Hyunseung weren't around. Junhyung wasn't at the table either.

"I heard that, Lee Gikwang!" Doojoon snapped, before head-banging once more.

Jinhong rolled her eyes and glared in Doojoon's direction. "What's gotten you so snappy?"

"Hey guys!"

The table, including Doojoon, stared up at the three boys approaching them. Junhyung, Yoseob, and Hyunseung were weaving their way through the crowd to them. And out of the corner of his eyes, Dongwoon saw Doojoon twitch, and turned just in time to see him stand up.

Doojoon pointed an accusing finger at Hyunseung. "YOU!"

Hyunseung and everyone else looked confused. "Hyunseung?"

"Me?"

Doojoon nodded, glaring and still pointing. "YES, YOU! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!"

"Gikwang, get outta my seat." Junhyung snapped, and Gikwang complied, slipping into his own seat just as Yoseob spoke up.

"I don't mean to interrupt Doojoon's yelling, but I have to say: I'm confused," the fake-maknae whined, sitting down in his chair. Only Hyunseung and Doojoon were standing up.

"Yeah, we are too," the rest of the table chorused, staring from Hyunseung to Doojoon then back to Hyunseung again.

Hyunseung looked just as confused as everyone at the table, but something finally clicked in his head, and a look of comprehension dawned on his face."Oh! I get it!"

"YEAH! YEAH, YOU BETTER GET IT! HOW COULD YOU?!"

Hyunseung shrugged and sat down beside Gikwang. "I gave you a curve, didn't I?"

Doojoon glowered at him, still standing. "A CURVE? OH REALLY?! I DIDN'T GET IN!" Then, as if he had lost all his energy, he slumped back into his chair and resumed head-banging. "I didn't get in…" he moaned.

"What didn't he get into?" Gikwang asked his seatmate.

"The Calligraphy club," Hyunseung replied easily, taking a bite of his pizza.


"He tried out for the Calligraphy club." Junhyung deadpanned.

Hyunseung nodded, looking very much like a child as he ate his pizza happily.

"Why didn't you help me out, Hyunseung?!" Doojoon whined. "You could've gone easy on the judging, you know!"

"I did!" Hyunseung said, frowning over at Doojoon. "But you still !"

The entire table broke out into laughter, causing Doojoon to groan loudly and head-bang even harder on the table.

"YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST FRIENDS EVER!"

- - - - -

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

Jinhong, who had been chatting animatedly with Yoseob and Dongwoon (okay, so they were making fun of his Track and Field failure), paused, sighed, and turned around in her chair to stare at her best friend. Jamie, Junhyung, Gikwang, and Hyunseung, who were having a conversation of their own, turned to Doojoon as well, looks of confusion on all their faces.

"What is it now, YooDoo?" Jinhong deadpanned.

Doojoon ignored Jinhong (which was always a bad idea), simply stomping into his seat and angrily pulling out his packed lunch from his backpack.

Jinhong's eye twitched. Did he just ignore--

"THE PHILANTHROPY CLUB !"

Jinhong was so shocked that the anger she was feeling towards the lunch-packing idiot disappeared.

"Um… excuse me?"

Doojoon ripped the brown bag that held his lunch open, a big scowl on his face.

"YOU HEARD ME! THE PHILANTHROPY CLUB !"

"We heard you, YooDoo," Junhyung said flatly. "We just don't understand."

"Did you join the Philanthropy club, Doojoon-oppa?" Jamie asked, in a much kinder tone than what Junhyung used.

"Yeah, I did, and they just kicked me out!" Doojoon answered, angrily beginning to eat his lunch. "Not like I care though!" He continued through a mouthful of food. "THEY TRIED TO RIP ME OFF!"

The table was silent, save for Doojoon's loud (and angry) chewing.

"T-They tried to what?" Hyunseung stammered.

Doojoon nodded. "YEAH! THEY TRIED TO TAKE MONEY FROM ME, AND WHEN I DIDN'T GIVE THEM ANY, THEY CALLED ME SELFISH AND NOT 'THINKING ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD' AND THEN THEY KICKED ME OUT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THEM?!"

"Yeah, I can." Jinhong said with a sigh. Doojoon looked at her, utter confusion on his face.

"You'd take those con artists' side over mine?!"

Jinhong just stared at her best friend, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Hyung, do you know what 'philanthropy' even means?" Dongwoon asked.

"No!" Doojoon answered shortly.

The table shook their heads in unison. 'Pabo.'

"Oppa, 'philanthropy' is wanting to help good causes by donating money," Jamie explained. "It's normal if the philanthropy club asks for money."

Doojoon stared at her, wide eyed, for an entire minute before beginning to bang his head on the table.

The table, save for Jamie and Doojoon, burst into hysterics.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

"HE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW!"

"HE MUST'VE LOOKED LIKE SUCH A SELFISH IDIOT!"

"HE'S DUMBER THAN I AM!"

"YOU GUYS!" Doojoon wailed. "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

"SHUT UP, YOU SELFISH IDIOT, AND LET US LAUGH!"

Doojoon resumed his head-banging, with Jamie trying in vain to stop him over the howling laughter coming from everyone else at the table.

After a long while, everyone had calmed down somewhat, and Jinhong stopped Doojoon from losing any more brain cells from hitting his head on the hard lunch table.

"Why wouldn't you give them money, YooDoo? You're usually up for donating things," Yoseob quipped, nibbling on a cookie.

Doojoon, who had a red spot rapidly forming on his forehead, looked down in shame.

"I lost all my money," he murmured sadly.

"What'd you do this time?" Gikwang asked innocently. "Drop it somewhere?"

"Did you spend it all on food?" Hyunseung queried.

"I bet you bought that new video game you were ranting on and on about last week," Jinhong said.

Doojoon shook his head. "You're all wrong."

Jinhong raised an eyebrow. "Oh, am I? Well, then, Mr. Selfish Idiot, do tell why you're currently broke."

Doojoon started to turn pink, and he squirmed in his seat. All of the table's eyes were on him, which made him blush even harder.

"I…"

"You…" Dongwoon prompted.

"I… lost it all to the Poker club."

The table was laughing once again.

"Doojoon, you can't even play poker!" Jinhong said between her laughs.

"T-They said they taught beginners! I was interested!" Doojoon defended, cheeks still burning from embarrassment.

"YOU WERE CONNED, YOODOO!" Junhyung yelled, laughing even harder. "THE POKER CLUB TRICKED YOU!"

Doojoon's eyes widened. "WHAT?! THEY TRICKED ME?! HOW COULD THEY?! THEY SAID THEY'D TEACH ME!"

The table's laughs increased tenfold.

"I can't believe you fell for that trick!"

"They're the real con artists here, YooDoo!"

"Guys! This is serious!" Doojoon whined. "I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY FOR CAR GAS!"

- - - - -


Jinhong didn't even need to see him to know Doojoon was ranting someone's ear off at the lunch table. Hearing his annoying whiny voice from her place near the cafeteria door was enough. And, after having a not-so-good morning, Jinhong wasn't in the best of moods.

"WHAT. IS. IT. NOW." Jinhong yelled impatiently, slamming her tray onto the table and glowering at YooDoo.

"What's with her?" Junhyung muttered to Jamie, who had come with Jinhong and was, unlike her best friend, quietly taking her usual place at the table.

"She's having an off-day," Jamie answered simply, opening her orange juice and sipping it slowly.

Doojoon, who had been loudly sharing all of his pain and sorrow to a terribly confused Gikwang, a chuckling Dongwoon, an eating Yoseob, and an irritated Hyunseung, abruptly stopped to stare, wide-eyed, at the girl that had interrupted his ranting.

"She's a savior sometimes…" Hyunseung mumbled underneath his breath, causing Junhyung and Jamie to chuckle.

"What do you mean 'now', Moon Jinhong?!" Doojoon whined. "It's not like I'm always complaining to you guys!"

"Oh yeah?" Jinhong snapped back. "Yesterday! You were crying over the fact that the culinary club didn't accept you just because you 'only almost burned some girl's hair'! Day before that, it was whining over how the art club laughed at your drawings! Day before that, it was how Mathletes was stupid and you dropped out cause you didn't understand! AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE PHILANTROPHY CLUB SCENE, SELFISH IDIOT!"

"And calligraphy!" Hyunseung quipped.

"…AND CALLIGRAPHY!" Jinhong finished, giving Doojoon a triumphant look, as if daring him to argue with her. Doojoon, in return, seemed to shrink, cheeks turning pink.

"… Okay, so I argue and complain a little too much--"

"It's all you do, really."

"I get it, Junhyung! I get it."

"You know, YooDoo," Yoseob began, picking up a brownie from its plate and positioning it near his mouth, "since all you do is argue about how unfair it is, you should consider trying out for the debate team!"

The table stared as Yoseob popped the brownie into his mouth and began eating happily.

"That's… a really good idea," Dongwoon commented simply.

"I can't believe that's never crossed our minds before!" Jinhong added.

"Nice one, Yoseob!" Gikwang grinned, high-fiving the dessert-eating boy.

"Thanks!"

"So, the debate team…" Doojoon trailed off, thoughtful.

"You could become famous for doing the only thing you're best at: arguing," Jinhong smirked. Doojoon shot a glare in her direction, but then his thinking face returned.

"I think I saw something about debate tryouts being today after school…" YooDoo said after a while. "You guys wanna and see me try out?"

The rest of the table nodded.

"This is going to be interesting." Junhyung drawled with a smirk.

- - - - -

"I told you it was going to be interesting."

Jamie looked over at Junhyung, face slightly sour. Then, she sighed.

Because Junhyung was right.

Debate tryouts were interesting.

Very interesting.

"TOPIC! ANIMAL RIGHTS! DO YOU BELIEVE IN STANDING UP FOR ANIMALS OR NO?" The debate team captain yelled from one side of the stage.

"UM, ER, I--PASS!" Doojoon yelled frantically on the other end of the stage.

"PASS?! YOU'RE GOING TO PASS?!" Captain screeched, his spectacles glinting in the light. "THIS IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION! ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU DON'T CARE IF ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS OR NOT?!"

"N-NO! NOT AT ALL!" Doojoon whimpered. "I-I LOVE ANIMALS! TOTALLY PRO-ANIMAL RIGHTS!"

"WELL, THEN, WHY DON'T YOU DEBATE ABOUT IT?!"

"B-BECAUSE I--PASS!"

"PASS WHAT?!"

"I-I--PASS!"

Jinhong wiped away the tears in her eyes. Her day suddenly didn't seem so bad.

"Yoseob!" She said through her laughs. Aforementioned boy turned his head to stare at her.

"You're a freaking genius!"

Yoseob grinned. "I know!"

"I-I P-PASS! PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS!"

- - - - -

"You're ugly."

Jinhong slammed her locker shut and glared at Junhyung, eyebrow raised.

"Excuse me?" She asked, tone dangerous.

Junhyung merely smirked and shrugged.

"I didn't really say it; YooDoo told me to."

"A-aniya! I-I didn't want you to say that, a-!"

Jinhong stared, eyebrow still raised, as Doojoon proceeded to whack Junhyung on the arm with a large notebook, Junhyung trying in vain to wrestle the thing away from YooDoo.


"Doojoon, what the hell happened to your voice?" Jinhong asked, a sour frown on her face.

Junhyung and Doojoon stopped their squabble to look at her. Doojoon sighed over-dramatically, and Junhyung smirked.

"YooDoo over here," Junhyung drawled, jabbing a finger into Doojoon's side, making him flinch, "lost his voice after debate team tryouts yesterday. I'm speaking for him."


Jinhong's eyebrow raised again. A smirk slowly started to form on her face, and a derisive snort soon came from the girl. "You lost your voice, huh?"

Doojoon turned fire-engine red, hiding his face with his notebook. Junhyung's smirk grew even wider.

"And Junhyung is speaking for you?" Jinhong continued, smirk still on her face.

"All. Day." Junhyung replied, smiling deviously. "I'm in all his classes."

Doojoon proceeded to whack his head with the notebook, and Jinhong burst into laughter.

"I cannot wait to hear all the stories about what's going to happen today!"

- - - - -

"You're ugly."

Jamie turned around, wide and confused eyes landing on Junhyung.

"E-e-excuse me?" She asked, completely puzzled. She had thought she and Junhyung were on good terms; to say something like that so abruptly was just so unexpected and --

"I personally don't think so," Junhyung said, interrupting her thoughts. "YooDoo over here made me say it."

It was then that Jamie noticed Doojoon standing beside Junhyung, and she turn her confused stare towards him.

"Doojoon oppa, why would you say something like that?" She asked, tone slightly hurt. A frown began to make its way onto her face.

Doojoon's eyes widened rapidly, and he started to frantically shake his head. He moved his mouth, but nothing but air came out. After finally giving up speaking, he quickly glowered at Junhyung and smacked him hard on the shoulder.

"Doojoon oppa!" Jamie exclaimed, frowning disapprovingly at him. "Don't hit people! Why are you acting so mean today? Aigoo…" she trailed off, shaking her head at him and turning to Junhyung. "Does it sting?"

"I'm fine," Junhyung replied easily, brushing off Doojoon's hit as if it was nothing.

"Good," Jamie said, relieved. Then, she turned to Doojoon, frowning once again. Doojoon looked desperate to prove her wrong, and was shaking his head quickly, fumbling through his backpack for his notebook.

"Doojoon oppa, you're being really strange today," Jamie said. Doojoon stopped his fumbling to look at her, mouth moving soundlessly.

"I don't like it." Jamie ended bluntly and, after saying goodbye to Junhyung, she was off to her next class.

Doojoon was frozen, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. Junhyung was laughing softly beside him.

"You just got rejected," Junhyung drawled.

Doojoon glared at Junhyung, scribbling like a madman on his notebook.

'I AM GOING TO DESTROY, YONG JUNHYUNG!!!!!' He had written.

Junhyung smirked. "Whatever. At least Jamie will be there to nurse me to health."

'YONG JUNHYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

 

- - - - -

After a long, long week filled with boring school subjects and bizarre lunch scenes, Friday finally came along. The final bell rang, and students flew out of the school, ready for a weekend packed with fun and excitement.

Fun and excitement would have to wait for Gikwang, Dongwoon, Jinhong, and Jamie. They were currently heading for the school's theatre, having been asked by the great YooDoo himself to come straight after school.

"I wonder why hyung wanted us to come to theatre," Dongwoon said. "I mean, he never goes here!"

"I didn't even know our school had a theatre!" Jinhong, never one to dwell on things she deemed unnecessary, said bluntly.

"I don't care if our school has a theatre, or if it doesn't!" Gikwang whined. "I just want YooDoo to be here so we can leave! I WANT TO STOP BY THE DRIVE-THROUGH FAST FOOD RESTAURANT AND BUY CHICKEN NUGGETS!"

"You can walk home, Gikwang oppa," Jamie commented. Gikwang turned to her, eyes wide with disbelief.

"You can't go to the drive-through without a car, Jamie!"

Jamie just sighed and shook her head. "Nevermind, oppa."

Jinhong and Dongwoon chuckled at Gikwang's obvious misunderstanding.

After a little while, the foursome had finally found the entrance to the never-before-seen-by-Jinhong theatre, and quietly entered.

A strange sight met their eyes.

Several people stood on the theatre stage, all dressed in weird outfits, ranging from a policeman with clown make-up to someone that strangely resembled Captain America.

The strangest sight of all though, was the foursome's very own Yoon Doojoon, who was running towards them with a great big smile on his face.

"Oh, my god is he wearing a --"

"HEY GUYS!" Doojoon yelled out, grinning from ear to ear. The foursome just stared at him, wide-eyed.

"Doojoon, are you wearing a --"

"EEEP!"

Dongwoon, Jinhong, and Doojoon all turned to stare at Jamie, who had positioned herself behind Gikwang and was squeezing hard on his shoulder.

"J-Jamie? A-are you--"

"I-I-I… I have to go!" Jamie stammered, quickly releasing her hold on Gikwang and backpedalling towards the door. "See you guys later! Gikwang oppa, I'm stopping by at the fast food place, you can come with me if you want! M-my treat! Okay, bye!"

And with that, Jamie was gone. Gikwang stared at her for a moment, then turned to the others. "FREE FOOD!" And after that statement, he was gone too.

Doojoon looked heartbroken. "JAMIE!" He yelled after her, but she was long gone.

Jinhong face-palmed. "Doojoon, you really are a selfish idiot."

Doojoon turned to her. "WHY'D SHE LEAVE?! SHE WAS SUPPORT FOR MY THEATRE AUDITION!"

"HYUNG! Look at what you're wearing on your face!" Dongwoon exclaimed.

Doojoon stared blankly at him for a minute, and then realization dawned. Eyes wide, his hand came up to touch the fake mustache that he had worn for his part as an Englishman.

"OH NO!"

"OH YES!" Jinhong snapped. "JAMIE HAS A FEAR OF MUSTACHES, YOU COMPLETE PABO!"

"W-W-W-W-WHAT DO I DO?! I DIDN'T MEAN TO! OH, GOD! JAMIE!" Doojoon screeched, pacing frantically. "SHE MUST HATE ME! FIRST, JUNHYUNG'S STUPID COMMENT WHEN I LOST MY VOICE AND NOW THIS, OH GOD."

Jinhong and Dongwoon watched silently as Doojoon began to have a panic attack. Then, after pacing a few more times, an idea seemed to pop into his head.

"I HAVE TO GO AFTER HER! SCREW THESE AUDITIONS! JAMIE! WAIT! WAIT! I THOUGHT I WAS GIVING YOU A RIDE HOME! JAMIEEE!" Doojoon yelled, ripping off the fake mustache and sprinting after Jamie and Gikwang, leaving Jinhong and Dongwoon behind.

The 2 rolled their eyes and chuckled at Doojoon's antics. He really was a hopeless case.

Then they heard a voice call from the stage, "Yoon Doojoon?"

Jinhong and Dongwoon turned around to look for the person who called out his name.

"Yoon Doojoon?" The female voice said again.

The pair of them tried to get a clear view of who was calling him, then it dawns on them...

"He's the boy auditioning for the Doctor Watson character, the one with the fake mustache!" She exclaims exasperatedly.

"Kwon Sohyun." Dongwoon mumbles. "Our school's top actress."

"She's an It Crowd member." Jinhong raised an eyebrow, still observing the stage from afar.

Dongwoon nods his head. "Mhmm."

"YooDoo has a point?" Jinhong whispers in disbelief.

"Guess he bailed..." Sohyun says, and then proceeds calling other auditioners.

"He didn't hear it..." Jinhong turns towards Dongwoon who smirked as they exchanged looks of amusement.

It was silent between the two.

"So… stop by the fast food place, and then I'll drop you off?" Jinhong asked.

"Sounds like a plan," Dongwoon replied.

"JAMIEEE! WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIT! THE MUSTACHE IS FAKE! FAAAAKE!"

Jinhong and Dongwoon could still hear his voice ringing through the hallways.


_____________________

*by request from IRONMAN, Tonks, Raven/Mystique and Number Six, chapter 9 will be published NOW* September 14*

PHEW. BU LAWD, THIS CHAPTER IS FINALLY OUT. / CONFETTI CANNONS. yeah, sorry for the absurdly long wait, everyone (including you, SapphireSwoon)! the last couple of weeks have been a little bit hectic, with my school starting and all (omg college is looming you guys looming like a depressed Doojoon comin' up from behind you wait what). so even though i had everything planned out for this chapter, i had a hard time actually getting down and writing it, cause i had no time. B(

hopefully i can get into the swing of things and not make you all have to wait nine days for an update that is seriously crappy and unfunny (because don't lie, you didn't laugh once during this chapter even though it was supposed to be cracky as hell).

chapter 10 is comin' out soon; me and Sapphy have got errythang planned out already, so all we need to do is write it. and just so you all know, THIS CHAPTER MARKS THE 1/3TH POINT OF OUR STORY. meaning, we're nearing the halfway point of story sob sob ;--; but not to fear! i have heard rumors of something special in the works cause i'm you know the co-author B)

please comment! i don`t bite, srsly. i like hearing about what you find funny and/or any helpful criticism you have regarding the actual writing (grammar, punctuation, etc. etc.

i'll leave my a/n here now, because it's gettin' kinda long, and i'm sleepy ~ BYE BYE! COMMENT! SUBSRCIBE! LOVE THIS STORY LOTS! <3

ella

sapphy can take it from here if she so wishes (erm if you don't so wish, just delete this last part k)

IT'S SAPPHY HERE WHO EDITED THE ENDING OF ELLA'S CHAPTER WITHOUT HER PERMISSION.
ALTHOUGH I DID GIVE HER A HEADS UP AS TO THE ALTERATIONS I WANTED TO DO...

so let's do a vote count!
Yoseob and Hyunseung are tied with 3 points, Dongwoon has 2 points, Doojoon has 1 and Gikwang and Junhyung have 0.
AWWW~~
You'll just have to stick around to find out who wins the bet! :)

asdfghjkl and "Sapphy", lolwhutwtf thanks for the new nickname -_________-

also! here's a Doojoon gif because the chapter had no visual aids!!

also, the gif on the top of the chapter represents the feeling of "okay, I'll just sit back and watch Doojoon's epic-failure plans unfold~~"