Chapter Four: You Can't Try Out For Wrestling! You're You!!!

The Popular Games

"WRESTLING?! YOU'RE GOING TO TRY OUT FOR WRESTLING?!?!" Jinhong screeched.

It was already lunch time the next day, and Dongwoon had just told Jinhong, as well as the rest of the table, about his brilliant plan to try out for wrestling.

"YOU THINK YOU'LL BECOME POPULAR IF YOU TRY OUT FOR THE WRESTLING TEAM?!" Jinhong didn't let up.

Dongwoon shrugged. "It's worth a try…" He said.

"YOU CAN'T TRY OUT FOR WRESTLING!!!" Jinhong wailed. "YOU'RE YOU!!!!!" She said dramatically. Well, she was Doojoon's best friend for a reason.

Dongwoon was unfazed by Jinhong's constant shrieking, calmly eating his lunch.

"COME ON GUYS!" Jinhong yelled, turning her attention to everyone else around the table. "TELL HIM NOT TO TRY OUT!!" She exclaimed, flailing her hands about. "TELL HIM THAT IT'S A STUPID IDEA!" She sounded almost pleading.

"But that would be sabotage." Junhyung drawled, smirking. "So we can't."

Jinhong narrowed her eyes and glared at Junhyung. "I'm watching you!" She hissed fiercely, pointing at Junhyung.

"Aish! Jinny! Why are you so concerned about Dongwoon anyway?" Doojoon asked his best friend, who had stood up during her loud, impromptu persuasive speech.

"Because," Jinhong started snappishly, "Dongwoon could get murdered." Her tone was dripping with irritation. "And we don't want that now, do we?"

"Maybe we do…" Junhyung said, just to piss Jinny off.

She glared at him once again. "Strike two, Yong Junhyung! Strike two!!!" Jinhong yelled.

"Aw, Jinny cares!" Dongwoon said happily.

"More than you, apparently!!!" Jinhong snapped at him. Then she recomposed herself, sitting back down. "And besides, there are only 3 people I would stop from trying out for the wrestling team." She said.

"And they would be…?" Doojoon wondered.

Jinhong holds up three fingers. "Dongwoon." She puts her ring finger down. "Yoseob." She puts her middle finger down. The mention of his name earned Jinny a smile from Yoseob. "And Hyunseung." She ended, putting her index finger down.

"Yah! Why the 3 of us, though?!" Dongwoon protested.

"Have you seen how the 3 of you look?!" Jinny snapped at him.

"Yah! If you didn't know by now we have ab--" But before Dongwoon could finish his retort, Hyunseung elbowed him.

"Shut up. You don't need to announce what we have." Hyunseung hissed at the maknae.

Jinhong cocked an eyebrow and turned towards Jamie, who had caught the conversation between Dongwoon and Hyunseung as well.

"I didn't know you guys worked out." Jamie said. "I thought it was only Gikwang-oppa."

"YAH! I work out!" Doojoon said quickly.

"No you don't!" Jinhong replied just as fast.

"How do you know Gikwang works out?" Yoseob asked.

"And besides, we didn't say anything about working out…" Hyunseung said.

"Are you denying it then?" Jinhong asked them.

Hyunseung shrugged. "No comment."

Before the two girls could reply, though, Yoseob spoke up. "How'd you know Gikwang works out?" He asked, again, putting his attention on Jamie.

"I'm not blind," Jamie said bluntly, "I see his arms. Oh, well," She added quickly, "Jinny pointed them out a couple of weeks ago."

Gikwang smirked.

"YAH! You stare at hyung's arms?!" Dongwoon freaked at Jinny.

Jinhong just shrugged coolly. "I like arms. Not my fault." She sort of mumbled.

Dongwoon shook his head. "Anyway, do you guys think you could come with me to the mall after school to look for a crash course for wrestling?"

Jinhong sighed. "You're really pushing through with that, huh?"

Dongwoon nodded. "Or, if I don't find a last minute trainer, do you guys have any other ideas?"

"We could check out books…" Junhyung suggested.

"YOU'RE ENCOURAGING HIM?" Jinhong snapped at Junhyung.

He shrugged. "There was no rule that said we couldn't encourage fellow contenders, right?" he said smugly.

"Aigoo, Junhyung, you're such a pain in the ." Jinhong huffed.

"Yeah, why do you keep picking on Jinny?" Yoseob asked Junhyung.

Again, Junhyung shrugged. "It's funny when she yells."

Lunch ended with a can of Coke thrown at Junhyung's forehead.

"Why do you even try to mess with her?" Jamie whispered to Junhyung, moving to his side as they walked to their next class.

All 8 of them had the same gym period after lunch that day, and Jinhong had already stormed off to the girls' locker rooms to get changed, leaving Jamie alone.

Junhyung rubbed the bump on his forehead. "Cause no one else does." He answered. "And she thinks she's the boss around here." He admitted to the girl beside him.

"What are you saying?" Jamie asked, a bit offended.

"She needs to know that she can't control everyone." Junhyung said.

Jamie rolled her eyes. "Only you feel that way!" Seonji said, defending her best friend. "I don't see anyone else complaining about Jinny."

"Because they're all too scared to!" Junhyung said.

"I--" Jamie paused, then looked down. "I see your point…" she murmured, and Junhyung smirked triumphantly. "But it's not always a bad thing. We accept Jinny the way she is. I mean, look at you," she said, motioning to the boy beside her, "you're an , and we accept you!"

"...Touche, Hwang Seonji. Touche."

"YAH! JAMIE! ! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR CLASS! AND HAVE YOU SEEN YOODOOJOO? YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES MISSING!" Jamie and Junhyung turned to the entrance to the gym, where Jinhong was yelling from about thirty feet away.

"Why does it feel like she's yelling in my ear?" Junhyung grumbled.

Jamie laughed. "Aish, come on! Let's just go get ready."

- - - -

"Well it took you guys long enough!" Jinhong hissed at the pair of latecomers from her seat on the bleachers. Even though she was emitting a bad aura from every fiber of her being, Dongwoon still sat beside her willingly. (Yoseob had been beside her as well, but then moved a good four inches away.)

Jamie just shot her friend a pout. "Sorry Jinny."

"What were you guys doing?" Jinhong eyed the two suspiciously. "Are you getting involved with this ? AND WHERE'S YOODOO?!"

"I'm here!" YooDoo popped out of nowhere. "And who's getting involved with the ?"

"Okay, enough with the , I get it." Junhyung deadpanned, putting his hands up as if in surrender. Then he turned to Doojoon smugly. "So, you respond to 'YooDoo' now?" He asked cheekily.

"Shut up! And no!" Doojoon replied. "What did I miss?"

"Oh, the usual," Hyunseung said after observing them all.

"Oh, hey, didn't see you there!" Doojoon said casually, jutting his chin in Hyunseung's direction and waving at him.

"What did I miss?!" Jinhong mocked Doojoon. "Where were you?!"

"Signing up for the Ecology club," Doojoon answered simply.

It was silent as the rest of the group processed the information.

"What."

"Are you serious?"

"The Ecology club?"

"Do you even know anything about the environment?"

"Yah, YooDoo!" Yoseob called from his place beside Jinny. "How many clubs did you sign up for already?"

Doojoon looked at his fingers. "Erm, two? Or maybe three…" he said, tone unsure. "Yeah, I think three!"

"Which ones, hyung?" Dongwoon inquired.

"Uh… AV, Ecology, and the Essay Writing club." Doojoon answered.

"Yah! Pabo! You think these clubs will make you popular?!" Jinhong questioned Doojoon. And then, inwardly, she questioned herself. Why was this guy her best friend?

"Hey! Guys!" Gikwang called out, running over towards the group. "Why are you so far away? Class is starting! Come on! Let's move closer!" He motioned for the rest to follow him to the center of the gym.

Once the rest of the group joined up with the class, they all huddled around where Gikwang sat.

"Man! Is it just me, or is it hot in here?!" Gikwang complained, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt.

"Yeah, it is pretty hot," Hyunseung agreed, fanning himself with his shirt.

"Omo!" Someone from behind them exclaimed. A small body squeezed their way through the group's huddle, going straight to Gikwang. "Oppa!" The girl said. "Your arms! Do you work out? They're real nice!" The girl complimented, blushing right afterwards.

Gikwang's face lit up, his euphoria evident. "Thank you!" He exclaimed, grinning like a mad man, genuinely happy at the compliment.

"Yah! Lee Hyunae! What are you doing over there?"

"Aish, you have to see this Miyoung-ah! This oppa over here has great arms!"

Gikwang's happy face immediately fell, and he groaned. "'This oppa'?!"

Everyone in their group burst out laughing.

"Yah! Lee Hyunae, is it?" He called the girl's attention. She blinked up at him. "This oppa's name is Gikwang." Gikwang explained to her.

"Arasso!" She said cheerfully, understanding. "Gi Kwang!"

"Yah! What's all the fuss about!" The girl Hyunae called Miyoung said, arriving around the huddle.

"Gikwang oppa here has nice arms!" Hyunae complimented again, gesturing towards Gikwang's arms for Miyoung to see.

Gikwang looked smugly at the rest of the group. Someone had called him by his right name.

"Oh! They are pretty nice." Miyoung said appreciatively. Then, she noticed Doojoon standing beside her. Her face turned sour the moment she recognized him. "Yah! You're the one who didn't help me with my locker! YOODOOJOO!" She fumed.

If the group laughed at what Hyunae called Gikwang, then they were in hysterics at what Miyoung called Doojoon.

"Aish! Let's go Hyunae! I don't wanna catch idiot around this guy!" She said with a huff, pulling her friend away.

"Bye, oppa with nice arms!" Hyunae said brightly as Miyoung dragged her across the gym.

It was silent for about a minute.

"What was that all about?!" Yoseob exclaimed.

Jinhong laughed. "That was so random. I don't even understand what just happened."

"Yah! But did you hear that?!" Gikwang said excitedly.

"Yeah! That girl was the one who called hyung YooDoo!" Dongwoon said, suppressing his laughter.

"Ani! Not that!" Gikwang whined. "She called me 'Gikwang'!" He told them all happily. "She called me the right name!"

"Yeah! Good for you!" Junhyung started, tone filled with sarcastic happiness. "Too bad it doesn't matter." He finished with his usual drawl.

"OH?! WAE?! WHY NOT?!" Gikwang complained loudly.

"You really are a pabo--" Junhyung sighed.

"--and you really are an ." Gikwang muttered.

Junhyung rolled his eyes. Thankfully, he didn't need to explain himself because Hyunseung beat him to it.

"Junhyung has a point, though." Hyunseung said. "Votes from individuals only count if it's from any of the 12 from the It Crowd. And that girl was not part of them. Nor was she enough for you to win the jackpot. So sorry, Gikwang…no count."

"Yah! That's for the officials to decide!" Jinhong argued. "But yeah!" She turned toward Gikwang. "Not counted. Sorry, sweetie."

Gikwang pouted. "Aigoo. But it's farther than any of you have gotten! At least someone knows my name." He said triumphantly.

Actually, Jamie had noted, being an official and memorizing the exact rules, that Hyunae only knew his first name and not his whole name, so even if she were part of the It Crowd, the vote wouldn't have counted. However, she wasn't Jinhong, and decided against pointing it out, leaving Gikwang with his triumphant feeling.

- - - - -

They were lucky that the Fitness club in the mall had trainers for Wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts, but they were unlucky that all the trainers were busy. The staff had told Dongwoon to schedule an appointment with one of the trainers for another day instead.

"Let's just get a 'Wrestling for Dummies' type of book or something…" Dongwoon mumbled as they walked out of the fitness center.

"I can't believe we enrolled you in a training session." Jinhong sighed.

"Yeah, Dongwoon-ah…I think Jinny has a right to be worried! I mean, did you see the guys in that ring!" Yoseob pointed out.

"Well it's not like they're high school students!" Dongwoon defended.

They walked towards the bookstore, constantly bickering with each other. What started as an argument involving Dongwoon, Jinhong and Yoseob soon had Doojoon and Gikwang joining in the verbal war as well.

"Yah! We're here! Stop fighting already." Hyunseung told his friends.

The 5 calmed down. "Yah! Who's coming with me to help look for a wrestling book?" Dongwoon asked, hoping Jinhong would accompany him, which explained why he was looking in her direction.

"You're on your own, buddy." Jinhong said to him, latching onto Jamie's arm. "C'mon James! Let's look at the new cd's they have!"

Jamie nodded and the two go towards the same direction that Junhyung, who hadn't bothered to stay around and chat, was already going.

"Yah! Wait up for me! I'm coming too!" Gikwang called out, running after them and leaving Dongwoon, Yoseob, Doojoon and Hyunseung behind.

"So, hyungs…? I guess you're helping me right?" Dongwoon asked, hopeful yet again.

"Aish! Okay, we'll help you find a book then…" Doojoon said.

"Wait! This isn't breaking the rules right?" Yoseob wondered. "Yah Hyunseungie, what's your call?"

"I don't think it's breaking the rules. Not after they walked away from us."

"Official's decision! Not breaking the rules!" Jinhong's voice was heard from across the store.

"How does she do that?!" Doojoon exclaimed, baffled.

On the other side of the bookstore, which was the home of the music section, Jinhong, Jamie and Gikwang were looking over at the different cd's while Junhyung was in a corner listening to the new Eminem album.

"Yah! Jinhong-ah! SeonJi-ya! You can speak English, right?" Gikwang called over to the 2 girls.

They nod as the approach him, "Ne. Waeyo?" Jinhong asked.

"Who's that?" Gikwang pointed to an album in the hip hop section.

The girls took a quick glance at it.

"Oh! That's Snoop Dogg!" Jinhong said with a smile.

"Mworago?" Gikwang wore a confused look on his face, "Come again?"

"Snoop Dogg." Jamie said simply.

"The album is called Rhythm and Gangsta." Jinhong informed Gikwang. "It's a pretty nice album actually." Jinhong said with a laugh. "It's old, though, I remember listening to it when I was still in elementary."

"You listened to this stuff when you were in elementary?" Jamie asked her best friend in English.

"You're surprised?" Jinhong laughed again.

"No wonder you turned out like this." Jamie joked.

Jinhong just continued to laugh. "Anyway! My favorite song on there is Signs. The one featuring Justin Timberlake." Jinny said.

"Oh? There's a song there featuring Justin Timberlake?" Jamie asked, taking the cd off the shelf and looking at the tracklist. "Oh, there it is!"

"Who's Justin Timberlake?" Gikwang asked, lost in the conversation.

"Ah! Mianhe Gikwang!" Jinhong apologized, forgetting Gikwang didn't know the English language well. "Justin Timberlake is a singer! He was part of the boyband N'sync! He's also a really good dancer."

"He's a great performer, that guy!" Jamie said, remembering the time she watched a Justin Timberlake concert.

"Yah! I think I wanna buy that cd now!" Gikwang said happily.

"Aniya!" Jinhong argued. "I'll just look for mine and give it to you!"

"Okay then, Jinny!"

"Yah! You three!" Junhyung called over to them. The 3 turned their heads towards Junhyung, who wasn't listening to music anymore. "YooDoo called; they got the book Dongwoon needed. Let's go!"

"Aigoo! I hope that book knocks some sense into Dongwoon before the wrestlers do…" Jinhong mumbled as they leave the bookstore.


my god! this chapter was hard to finish! mostly because Ella and I kept laughing and laughing while we were writing it.
how is it possible that the authors do not know what happened to their characters?! lolololol.
yes, at one point in the story we lost Doojoon @-) HAHAHAHA.

we also have a genre for this story already! we shall classify it as: borderline crack. XD
ANYWAY~!!! this is a looong chapter! and a special treat to my favorite readers ftmbl2st and purrrplehong 13.
to the other readers out there, please comment! AHAHAHA as always. it makes us feel better. xD
till our next update. xoxo, Sapphire Swoon