Chapter Five: I Am Perfectly Warm...

The Popular Games

'Mmm…let's see. Which books do I need for my next classes? Algebra…Literature…oh! I don't need this one…hmm. Where's my notebook? Oh there. Okay. And done!' Jinhong slammed her locker door loudly after re-counting all the things she needed to get for her next classes.

After slamming her locker door shut, though, Jinhong screamed. "AHHH! YOSEOB. OH MY GOD." She clutched on to her chest, all her books cradled in her arms. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE?!" Jinhong screeched.

Yoseob simply blinked at her cutely, not moving from his position. "What? Nothing!" He answered innocently, continuing to blink and keeping his balled fists positioned by his cheeks.

"Yah! Are you using aegyo?!" Jinhong questioned.

"Is it working?!" Yoseob smiled brightly at Jinhong.

"Err…well, it's kinda freaking me out, to be honest." Jinhong told him. "And besides, you've always been cute, Yoseob-ah…" She added, trying to compensate for the lack of enthusiasm in her response.

"Aigoo! Are you even human, Jinny?" Yoseob pouted, dropping his aegyo act. "Even some boys find me cute!" He argued.

"Hey! I said I found you cute, didn't I?" Jinhong defended herself. "It's just... your aegyo's not doing it for me. Mianhe…"

Yoseob pouted. "Hmph! You're no help," He whined. "I'll go find Jamie, instead!" And then he left in a huff.

"Aigoo…why are my friends so weird?" Jinhong sighed, walking off to look for any of her friends that wasn't Yoseob.

Meanwhile, the person Yoseob went to look for was having a dilemma of her own.

"Y-yah, Oppa…" Jamie stuttered. "Wh-what are you wearing?!" She asked a smug-looking Gikwang.

"Oh? This…?" Gikwang shrugged nonchalantly. "I just threw it on…"

Jamie snorted. "It looks more like you didn't throw anything on. Why are you wearing a wifebeater to school? It's 15 degrees!!"

Gikwang just grinned, looking down at his shirt. "I am perfectly warm…" He told Jamie. "Hot, even."

"Aigoo! Yah are you crazy?!" Jamie said to him. "Does this have anything to do with the bet?!"

Gikwang simply shrugged, flashing her a bright smile. "Maybe…"

"Hey! I am an official." Jamie warned him.

"That you are…"

"So tell me!" Jamie whined.

"Sorry, Jamie! Gotta go!" Gikwang bid her goodbye before taking off.

"Yah! Lee Gikwang!" Jamie called out. "Do you at least have a jacket?"

"In my backpack, umma!" Gikwang replied without looking back.

"Aigoo. I have to tell Jinny about this." Jamie said, immediately trying to look for her best friend.

Coincidentally, she and Yoseob bumped into each other.

"Yoseob oppa!" Jamie squeaked as they clashed bodies.

"Ah! Mianhe, SeonJi-ya!" Yoseob apologized, holding onto Jamie's arm. "Are you okay?"

"Ne, I'm fine. But do you know where Jinhong is?" Jamie asked Yoseob.

"She was by her locker before I left her…" Yoseob replied.

"Aish! I need to tell her something…" Jamie mumbled.

"Eh? What is it?" Yoseob pried, starting to blink cutely at her.

"It's got something to do with Gikwang…" Jamie trailed off.

"Oh? What about him?" Yoseob asked, now adding in a cute voice.

"Ah…I don't think I can tell you…"

"Why not?" Yoseob pouted extra-cutely.

"Actually, I'm not even sure myself of what I'm supposed to tell her…" Jamie clarified.

"Tell me!" Yoseob said now pleading, putting his cuteness into overdrive with matching fist flailing.

"Y-yah! Are you using aegyo on me?!" Jamie asked Yoseob.

"Maybe!" He answered her adorably.

'C-can't. Resist. Cute.' And the next thing Jamie knew, she was pinching Yoseob's cheeks.

"Oppa! You're sooo cute!" She cooed.

Yoseob grinned under his squished cheeks. "Mission success." He mumbled.

"Aish! You know I can't resist cute things…" Jamie told Yoseob after she stopped pinching his cheeks. "Mianhe, oppa. I couldn't help it." She laughed awkwardly.

"Gwenchanha!!" Yoseob said cheerfully. "It didn't work on Jinhong, though…" He finished sadly.

"Well…you see…" Jamie started. "Jinhong definition of cute is…err…well…" She trailed off, thinking about a certain old-looking someone Jinhong found completely adorable. "Ah, let's just put it this way. Aegyo doesn't go along way with her, though…" Jamie informed Yoseob.

"Oh, I see." Yoseob said. "Do you think it would work on other girls?"

"Probably will." Jamie answered truthfully. "I mean, I haven't met any other girl who's like Jinny…"

"Of course you haven't we're all unique!" Yoseob told Jamie, going back to normal mode, but still remaining cute as a button.

"I mean, I think…she's half guy." Jamie whispered the last part.

Yoseob burst out laughing. "Hwang SeonJi you crack me up!!!"

"I don't mean to…" Jamie mumbled.

"Aniya! It's not a bad thing." Yoseob said, wiping off the single tear that formed under his eye. "It's just what you say sometimes…they're always so unexpected."

Jamie shrugged. "Really?"

Yoseob nodded.

"So…what do you mean by 'half guy'?" He asked.

She couldn't help but giggle at her own term. "It's not like that...I mean, Jinny's mind works a bit different from the rest of the girls I've ever met…It's interesting and uncommon." She tried to explain.

Yoseob blinked at Jamie, not completely understanding what she was trying to convey.

Jamie saw how Yoseob didn't understand what she was trying to say and sighed. "Okay, let's just put it this way, if 1 in 5 girls don't find you cute, that one would be Jinhong."

"Oh! Okay! So I have a chance to win if I use my aegyo?" The question slipped from Yoseob's mouth.

"So that's what it is! That's your plan for the bet!" Jamie exclaimed.

Yoseob nodded. "I guess the cat's outta the bag!" He admitted cheerfully. "Besides, who else can work aegyo like I do?"

Jamie chuckled. "I guess you've got a point there…"

"Yes, I do!" Yoseob said triumphantly. "Now if you'll just excuse me, I'll be on my way to try and charm half the school population!" He excused himself from Jamie and skipped away happily.

"Aish, crazy Yoseob oppa." She mumbled. "I think it might work, though." She said under her breath.

"YAH! JAMIE HWANG!" The clear and loud of voice of Jinhong rang through the hallways. Jamie turned around and spotted her best friend across the hall.

"Oh, hey Jinny!" Jamie greeted her best friend as she walked toward her.

"Let's go! We'll be late for the first lesson!" Jinhong told Jamie.

"Oh! Right! That's today! I almost forgot." Jamie admitted.

"Where were you anyway?" Jinhong asked her best friend as they walked towards the library.

Jamie began with a sigh.

"This is going to be good." Jinhong smirked, knowing that every time Jamie felt stressed about telling her a story, it usually involved a lot of things about the group.

"It all started with Gikwang oppa looking ridiculous wearing a wife beater to school…"

- - - - - - -

The school bell rang for the 4th time that day, signaling that it was the start of lunch.

This time, Jamie and Jinhong arrived at the table last.

"Well you're early today." Jinhong commented as she sits beside Doojoon.

"Yup! Got dismissed early!" Doojoon replied smugly.

"Shut up." Jinhong said simply as she unwrapped her burger from its foil.

"ACHOO!" Gikwang sneezed.



"Yah! I told you you'd catch a cold." Jamie shook her head.

"Yeah, hyung…" Dongwoon said, twirling pasta around his fork. "Why are you wearing that? You look ridiculous."

Gikwang sneezed again. "Aish! It's all part of my plan, okay!" He said.

"Is your plan to get sick?" Hyunseung remarked, moving his chair further away from Gikwang, afraid he might catch a cold too.

Gikwang simply sneezed again.

"Yah! Here! Blow!" Jamie held out a tissue for Gikwang.

He took it from her. "Thanks, Jamie" he said before blowing into the tissue.

"Aish hyung!" Dongwoon sighed. "Whatever your plan is, it's stupid." Dongwoon says bluntly, then he followed up in a small voice, "So who wants to come with me to the mall again for my first practice?" He looked around the table.

"No." Jinhong said flatly. "No way."

"Please, Jinny." Dongwoon begged.

"No! I'm not watching you train to get beat up!"

The table started sniggering.

"Fine. Anyone else care enough to accompany me?" Dongwoon said, pouting.

"Yah! Don't think that I don't care cause I'm not accompanying you!" Jinhong said, genuinely angry at Dongwoon's choice of words.

"Well, if you put it that way," Junhyung started, referring to Jinhong's comment about Dongwoon training to get beaten up, "then I could go watch this kid get beat up."

"Some friend you are…" Jinhong mumbled.

"Yeah, some friend I am actually accompanying him to practice."

Jinhong blushed for the first time in a while.

"Burn." Dongwoon chuckled.

"Well if you play the friend card, of course I'll go…" Yoseob said.

"Okay! I'll go too!" Gikwang agreed.

"Count me in!" Doojoon exclaimed.

"Well if you're all going, then let me observe the kid as well." Hyunseung finished.

Jinhong stared at the guys in shock. And then Jamie whispered something to her that made her realize that the guys weren't being the bad guys, supporting Dongwoon's wrestling decision; that it was Jinhong who was the antagonist, in that she wasn't being a good friend.

"Hey, Jinny. Don't think that they're doing this cause they want to see Dongwoon get hurt. I think they're concerned just like you, but it was his decision to try it and we did our part to warn him. Still he wants to push through with his plan. I think that a good friend would support their friends with what they decide. So why don't we go accompany him, too? Your protest isn't applicable anymore since his mind's made up…" Jamie reasoned to her best friend.

Jinhong sighed. "I know you're right…It's just…he's so annoying." She whined.

Jamie chuckled. "It wouldn't be the same if they weren't annoying, right?"

Jinhong laughed. That much was true.

- - - - - - - -

Their group arrived at the mall a little over an hour ago and they were at Fitness center, lucky enough to have been allowed to watch Dongwoon train.

"I WANNA GO HOME." Dongwoon pleaded, looking like he was about to cry.

That earned him laughs from his friends.

Jinhong had to admit, it wasn't that hard watching Dongwoon train. He wasn't getting beaten up; in fact, he was getting toughened up. That was a better way to put it. She just hoped he'll have all the techniques down by the time he had to attend tryouts next week.

"You still have 40 minutes left!" Doojoon called over to Dongwoon, who refused to get back up to the center of the ring.

Dongwoon whined, sounding very much like a baby. "BUT THIS IS SO HAAARD!"

"Well! Jinny did tell you, didn't she?!" Yoseob yelled.

"I KNOW, OKAY! BUT I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE." He whined, trying to prevent the tears from coming.

"Aigoo!" Jinhong sighed, then raised her voice so Dongwoon could hear her. "YAH! it up, Son Dongwoon! You're the one who wanted this! Finish what you started!"

Still, Dongwoon continued to abuse the 1-minute break (which evidently turned into a 5-minute break) that his trainer had given him to breathe and drink water.

"Actually, he's lucky that his trainer's nice and doesn't give him a hard time when he complains." Gikwang whispered to Yoseob, who nodded in agreement.

On the other hand, Hyunseung, who was sitting beside Jamie, whispered to her. "He needs to toughen up or Jinhong will be at his throat…"

Jamie nodded. "More than anything, Jinhong isn't mad at Dongwoon." She explained. "Don't misunderstand her; she's more of disappointed with his actions and decisions these recent days."

"C'mon Dongwoon! Get back in there!" Junhyung cheered, grinning like an idiot and wanting to see more of the physicality of the training session.

Jinhong groaned, got up hastily from where she was seated and made her way toward the side of the ring Dongwoon was.

To be honest, Dongwoon and everyone else in their group was afraid that Jinhong got up to get in the ring and beat Dongwoon up herself. The moment she reached Dongwoon, he flinched, but nothing happened.

"Come closer!" She hissed at him.

And although Dongwoon was afraid to get closer, he did, until their faces were just a couple of inches apart.

"Yah, if you think this is hard, imagine what tryouts will feel like." She whispered to him with authority in her tone. She didn't sound mad though. In fact, it was like she was trying to encourage him. Where was all this support coming from?

"Now get your act together and toughen up! You look like an overgrown child being forced to eat his vegetables."

Dongwoon nodded slowly, but the look on his face clearly showed he didn't want to go back in there.

"And don't look like such a loser!" Jinhong said this loudly so that her friends could hear it too. Then she walked back to her spot with her friends, ready to watch Dongwoon start training again.

Dongwoon pouted and reluctantly trudged back to the center of the ring.

Then he turned his back towards his friends to face his trainer who asked, "You ready?"

He nods, a small smile forming on his face. He muttered under his breath.

"Thanks, Jinny."

 


Annyeong ~ ! Ella (Octoberettes) here. ^^ This chapter has a lot of people putting their plans into action. Yoseob's aegyo, Gikwang's whateverhe'sdoing (why don't I know what he's doing? B/), Dongwoon's wrestling idea oh loooooooord. It also has a gif of Gikwang sneezing, which is so adorable <3 There's also hints of JinWoon there, which is pretty cute too. x3

I kind of just noticed that we have a dozen subscribers, and to those subscribers, thank you ~ ! And purrrplehong13 and ftmbl2st, thank you for always commenting! :>

As usual, comment please ^^. We love hearing your guys' comments on our story, especially parts you found funny.